Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42

Author Topic: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/11  (Read 42979 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 4/5
« Reply #315 on: August 01, 2017, 06:15:52 pm »

Looks like we finally have a winner, even counting Orca's vote for armor!

Our team has devoted significant resources into finding secure and reliable grey market contacts, allowing you to sell enemy materiel, in addition to allowing for public contact and cursory evaluation of loot without loosing the items. You may sell items at any point during any phase, though you may never buy them back. Many items won't sell for much, and will need to be sold in bulk to get any real mileage out of them.

Phase 1 Round 6
Design Phase
0R
Current Designs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Current Equipment:
Current Enemies:
Current Technology:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:52:02 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/6
« Reply #316 on: August 01, 2017, 06:20:00 pm »

Can we get a review of all our captured materials? Like, have them all cursorily looked-over and priced?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 01, 2017, 06:41:45 pm »

Well I am up for selling two of our skeleton gears.
And, umm, I'll tentatively vote for that grenade launcher. Feel free to resubmit any of my old designs...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 01, 2017, 07:43:03 pm »

Can we get a review of all our captured materials? Like, have them all cursorily looked-over and priced?

Sure. But that sounds like a lot of work and balance, sooooo it will happen later :0.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 01, 2017, 09:38:59 pm »

Argh, quick, we gotta bribe incentivise inspire the G.M.! Can anyone here do art? Maybe we could build an altar upon which to sacrifice a P.R.O.M.E.T.H.E.U.S. logo or a 1000-word backstory on the soldier that died. On second thoughts, the picture = 1000 words ration may not be completely applicable here. I don;t think that a logo has the full value of a "picture"... 4/10ths maybe?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2017, 09:45:46 pm »

Maybe see if eS or Kot is interested in joining this game? And then slowly convince them that they should totally do some PROMETHEUS artwork?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 02, 2017, 08:01:08 am »

Current equipment should be renamed to inventory, because you don't wield or wear corpses in combat.

Also, armor is a requirement, as we'd rather have repair downtime than dead operatives.

Enter the Phalanx Vest.

The traditional kevlar armor, while it is cheap, isn't going to stop several bullets to the chest. After having one death, we don't need more.

Using a alloy of titanium and carbon fiber at least a centimeter thick for the plating, these armor vests are designed to be able to take enough of a beating to allow the user to survive a burst of assault rifle bullets to the chest, and the vests are designed to be wearable over the armor underneath. It's designed to provide protection, but it won't be light as a feather.

The front torso will have plating around 2 cm thick, the back being 2.5 cm thick to counter sneak attacks, and 1.5 cm thick everywhere else besides the sides, being 1 cm thick, except the area under the arms, which is 1.2 cm thick.

It would look something like this:
it's over

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 02, 2017, 02:52:16 pm »

There. Updated the prices. Woo.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/5
« Reply #323 on: August 02, 2017, 03:02:23 pm »

Safety Margin
Built along the lines of modern military equipment, this 6-round revolver-style 40mm grenade launcher fires semi-automatically, can be manually set to a specific chamber, and utilizes a variety of ammunition, including, in order of importance, fragmentation, HE, HEAT, incendiary---white phosphorus or napalm, something that doesn't stop burning and/or is sticky---silver-based fragmentation, a nonlethal riot-control-style solid rubber shot, and a flare round. The detonate on impact or timer. All the grenades can be thrown by hand if necessary, detonating on timer.

Quote from: Votes
Safety Margin: (1) Madman

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/5
« Reply #324 on: August 02, 2017, 03:32:42 pm »

Phalanx Vest: ()
Safety Margin: (2) Madman, RAM
+1 for determination.
Read the First Post!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 02, 2017, 03:59:21 pm »

Small reminder that you are limited in the number of grenades one grenade launcher gets for one design round.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 02, 2017, 04:03:58 pm »

Hence "In order of priority".

As in, "How ever many a standard grenade launcher can get with the rolls we received"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 02, 2017, 04:12:11 pm »

S.L.U.D.G. Grenade: Our H.O.S.E is amazing, but a bit heavy. We've created a grenade that uses the same S.L.U.D.G. formula, but is a grenade instead of a specialized launcher. S.L.U.D.G. grenades are designed to be carried around by all our forces, not just some specialized users. The use of a small explosive charge ensures that the S.L.U.D.G. spreads enough to possibly entrap multiple foes, in addition to spreading it much faster. In order for the grenade to contain enough S.L.U.D.G. to have any effect, we've created a new and improved compression process that squeezes much more S.L.U.D.G. into the grenade than normally possible.

Phalanx Vest: ()
Safety Margin: (2) Madman, RAM
S.L.U.D.G. Grenade: (1) FallacyofUrist
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:16:24 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 02, 2017, 04:12:48 pm »

It won't contain enough SLUDG to do anything, I'm afraid. We have to coat our enemies quite thick in order to bother them.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 02, 2017, 04:15:32 pm »

Let's enhance compression a bit, then.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42