Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Against the Gods (OOC) (10/8)  (Read 8533 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Against the Gods (OOC) (7/8)
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 05:03:49 pm »

Name of your Sovereign: Emira Hassa bin Fahira abn Akkaya
Name of your Nation: Aqura Mall ("Jeweled Light")
Fluff:

Located between Graņif to the east and Drezzilia to the southwest, the Emirate of Aqura Mall sits on the coastal end of a stretch of volcanically active desert, primarily along a major river and its associated floodplain. To the northwest lies a major volcanic mountain chain, from which flows the Kazi Aqura ("River Jewel" or "River of Jewels") and wafts fertile volcanic ash. Between the warm Mediterranean climate, fertile ash, grand river, and frequent rainstorms, the land is lush and green. The coast is sheltered, shallow, and warm prior to opening up to the ocean proper, and like the land teems with life.

The people of Aqura Mall are caramel-skinned, usually pale blonde-haired, and renowned for their beautiful and varied eyes. They are also notoriously artistic and decadent, turning the convenience of their surroundings and neighbors towards leisure and pleasure rather than more traditional prosperity. They are famed for their artists and artisans, and export glass, art, decadent foods, recreational drugs, and performers, as well as pulling in a tidy tourist income from those seeking forbidden (or simply excessive) delights.

The leadership of Aqura Mall is electively hereditary, with the process of selecting the next ruler resembling a pageant or carnival more than an election.

Focus: Happiness

Shit, I go to sleep and here's plenty of spots left. I wake up and there's onyl one left!

Reserved, will get a sheet in soon.
too late

hopefully
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 05:09:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damn, these things, they take time, don't they?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 05:17:05 pm »

Okay both Ironyowl and Ardas are in mostly because both are great apps and one more doesnt change things. Nor will a second. So if Taricus brings in a good app hes in too and we are at a round 10 players...should be manageable.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 05:22:55 pm »

(...)

Oh we're going to get along great.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 04:26:38 am »

Name of your Sovereign: Autarch Varxsea
Name of your Nation: Varxsea

Fluff:
-Geography: The Varxsean peoples occupy the land to the northwest of Graņif, North of Aqura Mall and west of Guerrand, a particularly desolate and stark land with few pockets of inhabitable ground concentrated around the massive Tasvair river (Which runs south and feeds into the Kazi Aqura) and the lands that were formerly under the control of Graņif & Guerrand. This in turn concentrates the population into several key centres which have been heavily fortified. These are interconnected either by the Tasvair river or by road.

-Culture: Distinctive from just about every other civilisation in the area, the Varxsean culture is unlike any of their neighbours or indeed any of the others. Effectively a despotic monarchy, with the autarch on top and everyone below in social standing, the Autarch holds absolute power over Varxsea and what would constitute a social elite consists of government officials directly subservient to the autarch, and the people subservient to both.

Every Varxsean wears a mask out in public, beautifully hand crafted and adorned with what others would consist of priceless jewels on even the lowliest of masks, the masks serve to conceal the entire face of the wearer and generally a Varxsean's most prized possession to the point that 'work' masks exist, unadorned and simple masks suitable for heavy labour conditions, and that trying to remove one in public is punishable by death on the spot. The adoption of the masks in Varxsean culture has never been explained, though the sheer uniformity it imposes despite the wide variety in the mask designs may be key to the issue.

-Economy: With what agricultural land there is in Varxsea heavily cultivated to support the burgeoning population that seems to strain it's limits even with what few imports it lets in, it makes up for in the richness and quality of the materials from it's mines. Boasting the largest gemstone & metal mines in the world, and the best iron ore to come out of the ground. Weapons & armour made from Varxsean iron are prized for their quality and the rarity of obtaining one; Varxsea never exports weapons so what examples have left their hands are the prizes of hardened veterans of their neighbours.

-Religion: Varxsea has only one religion, others being drowned out by it's permeation throughout it's society: The Autarchal cult. Preaching that the autarch is a god, and the only god at that, the followers of the Autarchal cult tend to refute the claims of other religions violently. This ensures a level of devotion and loyalty to the Autarch that many foreign rulers would be envious. However, this devotion tends to maintain a baseline of aggression to outsiders and hinders trade significantly

Focus: Population
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Against the Gods (OOC) (10/8)
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 06:11:35 am »

Welp, this will be fun.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 11:31:15 am »

Man as soon as I say I want population, everyone wants population:P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 03:35:18 pm »

[Archon]Expectation... Overwhelming...[/Archon]
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2017, 03:36:20 pm »

It's coming, Ghaz is making the map. OR was before he decided to fob it off onto someone else :P

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 04:42:15 am »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 06:15:30 am »

Man I'm pretty sure my population is larger than either the Enorian republic or Jautunlund. And that Varxsea was a cause of refugees not the recipient :P

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 06:22:08 am »

Man I'm pretty sure my population is larger than either the Enorian republic or Jautunlund. And that Varxsea was a cause of refugees not the recipient :P

Instead of puffing up your chest, worry about hidden fun stuff that happens to nations who start large.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2017, 06:35:41 am »

And the sketch I did Ghaz ended up basing that on, for comparison:

Any and all mistakes there are due to the poor state of Guerrand mapmaking.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ĄNo parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2017, 06:48:15 am »

That map is giving me a YAK vibe.

...You guys brainstormed this on the old irc didn't you.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2017, 06:52:26 am »

I think its more of a "set archetype" look that they went with.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8