Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Clown Breeding Program [spoiler]  (Read 5617 times)

Colonel Sanders Lite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clown Breeding Program [spoiler]
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 12:47:39 am »

Reminds me of the fire sword.

A sword made of fire demon or something.

Sadly nobody could use it because it burned the hands of anybody who tried to use it.

Vanilla DF, by the way. The first true magical item, in my opinion.

This seems like it needs an application of a specially-equipped dwarf wearing all-adamantine clothes underneath adamantine armor.

Is is possible to get wood gauntlets/gloves from a mood?  I'm thinking of nether caps here...

Probably wouldn't actually work but would be interesting to try.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 07:46:23 am »

It's possible to get just about anything from a mood. I mean, if you can get a bone pick or metal bed (neither of which can be made from their respective workshops) then surely wooden gauntlets would be doable. The question is whether you'd get Nethercap or some other wood. Most likely another wood.

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 10:38:29 am »

Is is possible to get wood gauntlets/gloves from a mood?  I'm thinking of nether caps here...

Probably wouldn't actually work but would be interesting to try.

IIRC, the only moodable skills that can produce gloves/gauntlets are armorsmith, clothmaker, leatherworker and bonecarver. And dwarfs will choose main material according to those skills, though if specific dwarf likes nether cap then he may choose it. (it's different for bone picks and metal beds, bone weapons are just on the list of items to choose from for Bonecarver, as for beds, they are considered furniture and Blacksmiths choose from the whole list of furniture) So, unfortunately, it's very unlikely to have artifact nether cap gauntlet.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:40:01 am by Nolimit »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 12:01:36 pm »

Never had that happen, but so far from the demons, I have a fire spirit leather shield.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 01:23:50 pm »

PTW and laugh.

Also, I would suggest creating !FUN! tunnels where the Clowns can be released to play with the kids. Perhaps liberal application of water to get them back in their tents?
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »

From experience with my water fall rerouting my water fall draining to test that they do not seem to have issue with water but they have gotten into the first cave layer now.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 10:24:31 pm »

They don't breathe so they don't drown. Water has no effect. They don't burn, so magma has no effect. Mixing the two does, of course, but that kills everything.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 11:22:43 am »

Demons can breed ?  :o

Also posting to watch, and eagerly awaiting how are you weaponizing demons (hint : GCS + cave traps).

This is clearly the sea serpent farming of DF2016.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:24:38 am by Naryar »

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 11:50:46 am »

<snip>
[size=78%] [/size][/size]2017, in fact.[size=78%]
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 12:12:39 pm »

<snip>
[size=78%] [/size][/size]2017, in fact.[size=78%]

I don't know about you, but the last version was released in 2016.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 12:40:55 pm »

<snip>
2017, in fact.

I don't know about you, but the last version was released in 2016.
Oh, yeah.
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 12:42:29 pm »

Demons can breed ?  :o

Also posting to watch, and eagerly awaiting how are you weaponizing demons (hint : GCS + cave traps).

well haven't been able to play much recenty, but hoping to capture a web spewing forgotten beast for more !!FUN!!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 12:45:25 pm »

PTW

seems REALLY interesting and fun :)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 12:57:52 pm »

Might i suggest levelling up a adventurer to go kill the demons while they are captive in your fortress, and then retire so you can harvest the goods? It seems like others have previously mentioned you got a ideal type.

Not sure how threatening a worm is though, even if it is demonic, fire spewing with wings.

I wonder, if you could tame them using DFhack. (Well you can tame pretty much anything in DFhack but this looks like a good opportunity to get some pet demons)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 02:38:37 pm »

Might i suggest levelling up a adventurer to go kill the demons while they are captive in your fortress, and then retire so you can harvest the goods? It seems like others have previously mentioned you got a ideal type.

Not sure how threatening a worm is though, even if it is demonic, fire spewing with wings.

I wonder, if you could tame them using DFhack. (Well you can tame pretty much anything in DFhack but this looks like a good opportunity to get some pet demons)
Not sure how an adventuer would work, probably better than my current plan as I've had issues getting the marksdwarves to actualy shoot the demons, though I am getting near the time of the year seiges come so with luck I'll get one and release the kraken the demons
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 [2] 3