Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 IC  (Read 12347 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 IC
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2017, 07:48:25 am »

Waukahan directs the path of the spirit world so that it definitely hits your world. The resulting collision is first cataclysmic event event to occur on your world. Two worlds colliding is not the gentlest of natural disasters.  The the best way to explain it is to liken it to a particle accelerator. An atom going at immense speed collides with a stationary atom and the two fuse, releasing energy and byproducts, but also creating a bigger atom. Unfortunately if you live on either atom, this sucks for you. The sky above the Hub turned a sickly shade of dark purple. Lighting and winds uprooted eyeball palms in Cariddia. Landslides in Iphos toppled the torton's shanty huts. The entire world shoot and stirred and creaked as an additional world was forced over and within it. And that was only the beginning. A second sun appeared in the sky, black and lightless. The sky turned redish around it. Purple mists covered great swathes of land, those lost inside disappearing forever. Strange jungles appeared in the sky, floating there upside-down. Reaching downwards with ominously handlike branches. Worst of all was the shadows. People's shadows left them and wandered on their own, moving and acting free of the body of their owner. All the while glimpses of spirits could be seen out of the corner of one's eye. It was not a great time to live in if you were a mortal. Luckily enough, it only lasted a few decades before the worlds mostly sorted themselves out and were able to separate into their distinct planes of existence.
"WAUKAHAN. Mo is most displeased with you. Most displeased. Not only have you connected an entire world to ours without our permission, worse, you have also caused harm to Mo's children.

Mo demands 5 IP in payment for damages caused, or Mo will have to destroy this Spirit World, and the afterlife and magic systems connected to it."

Here you go, but you do not threaten Waukahan again, unless your mortals want to feel another hit.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2017, 12:14:09 pm »

((OOC: Mystery Box time))

Ip Tracking: 46 (31 -4 (plants) +2 (Zordes) +5 (Waukahan) +12 (Income))

Purchase the Vast Egg [-18 IP]

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2017, 05:01:34 pm »

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)

Stolen returns to the Stolen Vale in her Shade aspect, gathering the incorporeal soul of the First Shade and setting it before her.  She draws up soft, dark loam from the Vale's soil and begins to sculpt it into form.

"Know, child, that you were my first.  First to be sculpted out of the shadows, first to die in my name and at my hand.  First to be reborn as well.  Your life was yours, your death was mine, and your new life is mine as well - though you can certainly still enjoy its benefits."

Under her shadowy hands the loam takes the form of one of the cannibalistic soul-devouring rock gnomes.  She shatters it and begins again.

"You have been laid to rest here for some time now, and in those decades between a great trauma has come upon the world.  A race of vile creatures has come to kill your kind, kill and devour them beyond even the help this place I have created to save what remains after the death of your bodies.  At the hands of these gnomes, death is true and permanent."

The form of loam begins to take the shape of a humanoid figure, resolving more and more into the shape of the cursed prince.

"I am powerful, as the sun and the rain, yet my power is limited to great things.  The sun may bake the land, but cannot pierce the sheltering cave.  The rain may break spirits and confine the un-bodied beneath the earth, but it cannot strike a cavern's roof.  So are my powers limited; I may not be able to murder every gnome in a single stroke, for such an act is too petty for my powers to touch.  But I can do something greater."

The loam statue of the prince is set in a triumphant posture, one hand raised in a loose fist to the dull grey sky.

"I can create a Hero."

In the statue's hand the flaming sword tears itself into being.  Stolen turns to the soul of her chosen one.

"I name you Aeldreth, first of your kind.  I grant you a second life, that you may do my bidding and save your people.  Listen well, for these are my commands.

"First, remember that the Cthons are under my protection.  They must not be harmed, but their bodies are yours to take by right.  A second race of stone men are similarly under my protection for the moment; do not harm them, but avail yourself of their bodies when they die.

"Second, the gnomes must be destroyed, but can only be destroyed by creatures of hard flesh.  The Cthons cannot produce enough bodies for your need, so you must gather more.

"Select the eldest and the strongest amongst our people; raise up this sword as proof that you have been reborn in my service and as veracity for your identity.  Leave a guard to protect the youngest in the cave, but gather up any and all bodies you can find and inhabit them.  Then you must undertake the first Reaving.

"Head out beyond the caves.  Every living thing that your kind can inhabit, save those under my protection, kill and take.  Swell your horde with the bodies of the dead, and use this blade to aid you.  Do not be proud; if your numbers cannot take a foe, flee and preserve your people rather than risk destruction.  But go forth and reave until you have built a mighty horde.  Then return and lay waste to the gnomes until not a single one survives in the caves.

"Finally, spread the word that you do this in my name, that I have caused you to be reborn and that this place awaits all those who die if they but seek it in honour of me.  Let your children and your children's children speak my name and remember that they are under my protection.

"Oh, and remember; serve me well, live a long and fruitful life, and when you return to me and the time is right you may yet live again."

With that, Stolen presses the soul of the First Shade into the loam and thrusts it down to the mortal world.

Stolen creates a Hero: Aeldreth, the First Shade.  [-5~8IP]*  She remakes her body and places it inside the largest, freshest Cthon corpse in the Hub, resurrecting her.  [-5IP]  She grants Aeldreth the Flaming Sword to aid her.

Commands to Aeldred:
1.  Do not harm the Cthons or the migrant statues (if they accept Stolen's offer).
2.  Conduct the first Reaving and go forth as a horde of the dead, killing any inhabitable creatures and taking possession of their corpses to build a shambling army.
3.  Use said army to exterminate the soul-devouring gnomes.
4.  Spread the word of the Stolen Vale as an afterlife option for Stolen's faithful.

[*GM decision on this one; ideally I would prefer to spend no more than 8 because it leaves me 4IP to bring the nomads into the world, but if need be I can spend up to 12IP and forget the nomads.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2017, 05:05:17 pm »

"It seems I need more votes to enter this realm. Hm. Here is my next offer: it is similar but slightly different to what I offered before. One favor of the same type and 2 IP to the next two to give me their vote. I would offer more, but there is only so much IP I have to give."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2017, 05:11:52 pm »

"It seems I need more votes to enter this realm. Hm. Here is my next offer: it is similar but slightly different to what I offered before. One favor of the same type and 2 IP to the next two to give me their vote. I would offer more, but there is only so much IP I have to give."
I accept
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2017, 05:40:30 pm »

"Hardly my afterlife, Wakahuan has forged that realm for his own use - I have simply apportioned a piece for my followers.  Still, what would you offer?"
"Well, if you'd allow it I'd like to build on a little... extension to the piece of the afterlife you've sequestered from Waukahan's grip. Basically, attaching an end point the vale to allow it to act as a sort of pathway towards an end destination, akin to a paradise of sorts to which the vale and it's inhabitants could act as a filter for. Anyone content with the vale would stay in it, and those with more ambition would press forward onto the paradise."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2017, 06:42:45 pm »

"Honestly, I think you don't even need the Vale for that.  You should be able to connect this pathway of trials directly to the afterlife itself as easily as my Vale, and I have intentions for its inhabitants...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2017, 06:57:49 pm »

"Except the big thing is what happens to the souls of those that don't succeed the pathway. Destroying them is wasteful and leaving them there could clog the system up, as it wouldn't be designed to hold them. And by using the vale as the path of trials not only do I get the appropriate challenge but it means that it's already completed, saving divine essence for other projects like the planet I'm working on.

Not to mention that any mortals who fail the test would be surreptitiously falling into your care..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2017, 07:46:46 pm »

"Anyone else? I assure you, my favors can be quite... wondrous."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2017, 10:37:24 pm »

Just wanted to say that the spirit world is for everyone's use, but I declare myself the rightful lord and owner of it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]