Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 IC  (Read 12357 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 IC
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2017, 11:42:16 pm »

"Why not pile up a whole bunch of sticks and light 'em on everlasting fire with a thunderbolt? That ought to be cheap and get his attention all the same."

"Hrrrmmmm.....I've got a better idea."

Spend 10 IP to create the Kiln of the First Flame the Purification Fields, an eternally burning pyre where only the strongest and fiercest of the Daktil are allowed to burn in. Other Daktil who have not achieved GLORY in battle and bloodshed and instead died peacefully are to rot in shame to be food for the moss and slime.

"How's that for fire?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2017, 03:28:21 pm »

"Why not pile up a whole bunch of sticks and light 'em on everlasting fire with a thunderbolt? That ought to be cheap and get his attention all the same."

"Hrrrmmmm.....I've got a better idea."

Spend 10 IP to create the Kiln of the First Flame the Purification Fields, an eternally burning pyre where only the strongest and fiercest of the Daktil are allowed to burn in. Other Daktil who have not achieved GLORY in battle and bloodshed and instead died peacefully are to rot in shame to be food for the moss and slime.

"How's that for fire?"

"It's really shiny, but I don't understand why rotting corpses are a bad thing."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2017, 04:27:56 pm »

Enthusiastic slurping noises echo in the minds of all deities present.

"I'd like to remind you all, I'll be giving 2 IP to the next of you to support the entry of myself and my children. We don't want, nor do we need charity, and we don't want to be a burden on this world or its pantheon. We'd be extremely grateful for the chance to make ourselves a home in this world's waters."
"I will change my vote to supporting you joining the pantheon, if you agree to leave Iphos and the Tortons alone."
The third request comes from a familiar plant salesman. I have in my possession several species of plants, all of which only cost two IP. The first is a species of magical rose bush. It grows to the size of houses, and often has overhanging branches. This means that the bushes often have large open spaces beneath their long branches, very suitable homes for more natural races. The second is a type of tuber. It grows beneath the ground, like a potato, but it also has a tall stalk with a single large umbrella-like leaf. The stalk grows to be several feet long, with a very large leaf. The tuber itself grows to a decent size, about the size of a pumpkin. Its a slow grower, but a very low maintenance crop. Doesn't do very well in poor or rocky soil however. The third species is a fruit bearing nut? It looks like a big walnut, and if left outside for a day, it produces a small bitter fruit. Then of course I have a special offer, a race of cactus dragons. Poor thing's home was destroyed when an fire dragon lost a bet to an ice goddess. They cost 8 IP, and won't provide an influence income as they have a patron deity. That said, they will adopt any desert dwelling race that gives them a home.
"I will purchase the roses and the tubers."
[-4 IP]
Give Xyaria the tubers
Give Tortons the roses
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:48:14 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2017, 05:43:11 pm »

wrong thread

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2017, 06:55:07 pm »

Stolen assumes the form of a female Orathal once again.

"Wahuakan, I have an offer to make you.  Death comes to this world, by mortal hand and our own, and I know you would claim dominion over such a thing.  To craft an afterlife and draw all mortal souls into it is an undertaking even the mightiest of us cannot accomplish alone; let me help you.  I will lend the rest of the power needed to do this task if you allow me the right to determine what becomes of the souls of those races I claim, and those individuals who claim fealty to or worship of me."

Proposal: Create a Mega-Landmark (as such), the Afterlife.  This would cost 50 IP; if Wahuakan will offer 34IP, Stolen will contribute her full 16IP to the task.

I'm sorry Stolen, but I've been gathering my IP for reasons that will solve this situation as well.

Waukahan finally places his Orathals next to the vault, where they will start their first tribe. He then flies closer to the IDAASW

I will gladly attach the spirit world onto our physical world.

Waukahan uses 5 IP to attach the spirit world, he makes sure that the passage between it and the physical world is impossible for mortals.

Then he uses 25 IP to create a magical connection to the spirit world and all spirits. The connection allows for the souls of mortals to pass into the spirit world and also allows for spirit magic. ((Again, think Native American mythology)).

Waukahan then uses his 4 IP to create the muta-wheat. It is a farmable wheat plant that will rapidly mutate and adapt to it's surroundings, it might sometimes cause the person who eats it to mutate.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:53:43 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2017, 09:31:21 pm »

Stolen's eyes grow cold.

"So be it, Soulbearer."

Raising her hands, Stolen brings them down with a metaphysical crack, sundering a tiny shard of the spirit world/afterlife away from the whole and bringing into her power.  Her form dissolves into that of an elder shade and she tears through the tiny realm, reshaping it in her image.  The fragment of reality grows dark and still, draped in shadows, awaiting inhabitants.

[-10 IP] Stolen fragments away a tiny shard of the afterlife, sundering it so that it can only be reached through a narrow channel stemming from Waukahan's connection to the spirit world; mortal souls who pass to the new afterlife have the option of travelling to the Stolen Vale instead of the main afterlife.  It is instinctively apparent to mortals that this is Stolen's realm, for those to whom it matters.

Spoiler: The Stolen Vale (click to show/hide)

Still in her chosen aspect, a dread shadow sweeps across the Celestial Meridian as Stolen hunts that which cannot be seen.  Finding at last the free soul of the shade she killed to free the cursed prince, Stolen reaches out with dark tendrils and pulls it through Waukahan's new connection to the afterlife, carrying it into her new realm.

[-2IP] Stolen captures the free soul of the elder shade she killed to transmute the cursed prince and shuttles it neatly into the Stolen Vale for safe keeping.

Edit:  Adjusted cost after GM pricecheck.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 09:36:43 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2017, 01:44:29 am »

Enthusiastic slurping noises echo in the minds of all deities present.

"I'd like to remind you all, I'll be giving 2 IP to the next of you to support the entry of myself and my children. We don't want, nor do we need charity, and we don't want to be a burden on this world or its pantheon. We'd be extremely grateful for the chance to make ourselves a home in this world's waters."
"I will change my vote to supporting you joining the pantheon, if you agree to leave Iphos and the Tortons alone."

"That seems fair, no God has any reason to being meddling in their sibling's affairs. It's best we do what we feel is best for our children, and leave each other be. Hold on..."

The cosmos ripples as a basketball-sized hole in reality opens. From that hole, a enormous slug-beast slowly but steadily squirms and wriggles its way through, leaving a trail of grease behind. When the slug has entered, its fathomless maw gives a toothy grin.

"I'm finally here! Home sweet home! Here at least! I thank each and every one of you for letting me and my ilk in,
and I'll be paying you back soon, don't you worry, but first I must provide a home for my children, and for that, I must wait..."

Zordes The Indolent Lord enters the world, and promptly goes into a deep sleep, audibly snoring, awaiting the opportunity to create a home for the Gurblers.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2017, 03:58:12 am »

((they are not really humanoid more komodo dragon likeish.))

You know what. Let's bless my creations with the abilty to fuse and grow structures by combining into one. As the kinda gem like beings they are its liable to make beautiful structures and a city in no time surrounded by flora and these citys will be common nesting grounds for many creatures and for the ones who do not fuse.

((I'm gonna try to get more involved slowly))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2017, 09:59:19 am »

"kind gods could some of you also vote in my favor to join? It would be beneficial for all, madness often brings entertainment "
No sig yet

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2017, 02:35:11 pm »

Turn 4

And so magic runs free through the world. Not just one source of magic but two now flood the world and grant mortals influence over the world that you have created.

The first form of magic, is spirit magic. This magic draws upon the usual energies and denizens of the recently attached spirit world. Mortals, given proper training and natural talent, could draw upon these energies and convert it into mana for use in spells. Of course at this time no mortals know this or know how to harness this new energy source.

However, some mortals do understand how to use the second form of magic: elemental fire magic. The elemental spirit of fire Veridicus offered a reward to the god who created the greatest temple to his glory. In secret, one god crafted a glorious temple in a land far to the south. Netreth crafted an incredibly ornate and expensive temple to Veridicus in order to win it's favor. The temple is a Pyramidal Volcano made of Black stone, the north most face of it has a rectangular groove falling to the Ground around it exactly 1/3 of the way in, and carved perfectly smoothly at a 100 degree angle, with the gap at the bottom being 5 feet wide. at the End of this groove is a Gateway, the actual gate itself is made of Ruby. Beyond that gate is a Hemispherical chamber taking up roughly another third. in the very Center of the Chamber is a Hollow pillar made of Black Diamond, the Pillar Leads to the Vent in the top of the Volcano and is Ever full of Magma, Providing Light to the chamber. Around the Chamber are Several Murals of Veridicus carved into the wall, which are Decorated with Iron, Gold, and White silver. The Murals are Enlightened by Small Streams of magma Coursing around the Ceiling Behind Clear Diamond, Which eventually Reach the floor and Pool Directly under the Murals.

I am pleased by this temple. It shows the power of fire to even burn the very stone this world is built upon. I accept it as sufficient for one of my minions to inhabit and spread the flame of knowledge. The armored primordial fire then sets fire to a nearby forested area, burning it to ash. The ashes then pile into an area of their own accord. From those ashes comes your guest, a surprisingly humanoid creature. It appears to be an  Oggernth, but it is at least four times the size of even the largest of Oggernths. Its skin is composed of ash, and embers burn underneath. Instead of a single eye, a dim miniature sun burns. In addition to its natural arms, the Ashen Oggernth has four additional floating limbs composed of smoke and floating embers. Do not let its seemingly weak composition fool you, this minor elemental spirit uses its claws to swipe through large eye palms in a single stroke. Without saying a word, the Ashen Oggernth uses its power to imbue a small number of Oggernths with fire magic. Those gifted few are capable of flinging balls of flame over a decent distance. In addition, a similar sized group becomes ashen in composition and heads to the temple to serve the Ashen Oggernth. They retain their eyes and don't gain extra limbs, but do gain the ashy exterior over an emberlike skin.  I am not finished however. Only one other god made an attempt at pleasing me, and that must be rewarded. Shame on you lazy gods. Veridicus then enchanted the Purification Fields. The soul of any mortal burned at the pyre is now transformed into a flame spirit. The resulting spirit appears as a fiery version of their mortal body. These spirits, like all spirits of this world, enter the afterlife. However these spirits do so with the pride, honor, and strength of true warriors.

Waukahan directs the path of the spirit world so that it definitely hits your world. The resulting collision is first cataclysmic event event to occur on your world. Two worlds colliding is not the gentlest of natural disasters.  The the best way to explain it is to liken it to a particle accelerator. An atom going at immense speed collides with a stationary atom and the two fuse, releasing energy and byproducts, but also creating a bigger atom. Unfortunately if you live on either atom, this sucks for you. The sky above the Hub turned a sickly shade of dark purple. Lighting and winds uprooted eyeball palms in Cariddia. Landslides in Iphos toppled the torton's shanty huts. The entire world shoot and stirred and creaked as an additional world was forced over and within it. And that was only the beginning. A second sun appeared in the sky, black and lightless. The sky turned redish around it. Purple mists covered great swathes of land, those lost inside disappearing forever. Strange jungles appeared in the sky, floating there upside-down. Reaching downwards with ominously handlike branches. Worst of all was the shadows. People's shadows left them and wandered on their own, moving and acting free of the body of their owner. All the while glimpses of spirits could be seen out of the corner of one's eye. It was not a great time to live in if you were a mortal. Luckily enough, it only lasted a few decades before the worlds mostly sorted themselves out and were able to separate into their distinct planes of existence.

What your left with is a wild spirit world with only a few types of spirit that survived the journey and the cataclysmic events that followed. The majority of the world appears to be very similar to the physical world, but other parts seem to be hold outs from the previous world it was attached to. There are strange jungles, and floating islands scattered across the world. The spirit world doesn't have oceans either, but does have vast thick mists where water would have been. Thus anyone who wanted to cross to another island would have to navigate the bottom of a spirit world ocean almost blind. This mist isn't particularly magical, but is quite thick and either causes your voice to echo despite there being no reason for it, or greatly reduces the travel of sound. Its always one or the other. Furthermore, a large mountain has taken root north of the spirit world Central Meridian. Empty space exists between the various islands of the mortal world's spirit world counterparts, but any spirit capable of flight could travel between them if they were willing to make that long flight. Much further than all is the Stolen Vale. It is connected to the main spirit world in such a way that only those seeking it can find it, and only those allowed will succeed in journeying there through the Mist lands.  The entirety of the spirit world is rather dim, as the spirit world sun is much smaller and distant, as if it wanted to be as far from the spirit world as possible. One single soul inhabits it currently, the First Shade.

There are four main types of spirits that survive the journey and move to your world:
The first is Karumthka. These are small gnomes, measuring only a foot tall. Their bodies are made of gnarled roots and sticks with lumpy bulbous clay heads. Their eyes are shiny black rocks. Their teeth are the same kind, but they're menacingly sharp. Bioluminescent grubs live inside their bodies, causing their mouths to glow a bright green when they smile. Which is cute in the abstract, but not in context. The Karumthka eat mortal souls, regardless of whether or not they're in a body. So when a hundred evil grins appear out of the darkness, its significantly less cute and incredibly terrifying. They don't survive in your world well, only taking hold in the sewers of the Celestial Meridian and in a few of the caves in the surrounding area. This is incredibly bad for the Shades, as they have no way to defend against these soul eating cannibalistic gnomes. Of course, they exist in vast numbers within some parts of the spirit world.
The second is Fyrilu or, as most people call it, the fox snake. This spirit is a giant fox who's body is the shape of a giant snake (so long furry orange serpentine creature with a fox head). It is incredibly long, with the oldest ones being hundreds of feet long. They are best avoided. They are capable of causing the ground to open up beneath people who they see as threat or annoyance. Furthermore, they are incredibly strong and will constrict anyone that threatens them. If one was to cut a foxsnake in half, each side will immediately sprout a new head and try to bite you. After dealing with the assailant, the two headed fox snake will realize it has a head on both ends and the two heads will fight to the death. The surviving head then controls the new body. A few of these escape the spirit world into the mortal realm, but tend to be recluses. They are considered quite wise.
The third is giant bird. Well its sort of a bird. Its birdlike. It has the head of a large moose, the body of an eagle, and it's feathers are vibrant primary colors. This creature, called a Byuru, but mostly called a moose bird, is the size of a bus and incredibly strong, often ripping trees out by the roots and devouring them in a single swoop. Luckily for your mortals, its a herbivore and lives among the wooded floating islands of the spirit world as well as the Spirit World Mountain. These spirits are responsible for cold weather, and can stir up blizzards with only a few beats of their wings. They are the strongest spirits, and are capable of journeying to the mortal world during the winter months.

Another spirit resides in an incredibly deep hole in the spirit world. This dark spirit is a great horned draconian beast. It seems to have been hand crafted by a long forgotten and distant god as a guardian for a treasure. This beast does not eat or sleep or drink, simply lives within the hole and guards its charge. So paranoid was the god that created this beast, that he made it immune to divine energies. Its likely this backfired, and that the beast ate its creator, gaining some of his power. It seems the beast has attempted obscure itself from all gods, but an observant god can see where it is, as there is an area that seems difficult to focus on and almost slippery to the mind. Its likely a powerful mortal hero, or another great beast, may be able to defeat the guardian and gain its treasure.

Little happened upon the mortal world during this era. Of course the world was largely shaken by the attachment of the spirit world. The Xyaria were gifted a type of nutritious tuber, but they aren't particularly the farming type. They planted them, haphazardly in an area of the hub they control, but did little to cultivate them, letting them grow wild. The tortons were gifted a type of rose tree that grows rather nice dome structures with their branches. These serve as very good homes, providing shade and protection against the elements to some degree, although the tortons often have to cake the underside (so their ceilings) of the branches with mud in order to keep the rain completely out and to keep in warmth during the winter. Mutawheat was added to the world. Its a kind of farmable grain that adapts rather quickly to its environment. Within two seasons mutawheat is very adapted to its environment, reguardless of the conditions.

The cups are given a magical ability (spell) which allows them the ability to fuse together and form structures. This creates a rather interesting dynamic, as they create ever changing structures. Most cups tend to hang out around these areas.

The god Zordes is added to the pantheon, and is now a full fledged god with all the powers that accompany that. The god Erin only needs one more vote to be accepted into the pantheon. Two other gods are interested in joining the pantheon. Daerillal god of chaos and transformation and Zeer god of life and cloth. The same rules apply, they can use 10 IP in order to entice the other gods into letting them join the pantheon.

One of the last races to enter the world does so. The Orathals are place upon the world and given their sacred duty of guarding the vault against all who would open it. Knowing what lays behind the vault removes any wonder or glory about their position. The Orathals know evil, and they know it's their duty to prevent it from escaping into the world, again.

There are two requests this era:

The first comes from a travelling shaman: Please gods of this world, hear my plea. My people are humble nomads who have journeyed from world to world. Each time we have been expunged, driven away, or enslaved. We have grown weary in our journey. Will you allow us to stay here? The shaman seems to be a hard creature of great strength and ability, despite being obviously incredibly old. He and his species are four eyed humans composed entirely out of stone. Their composition varies, as they seem to be carved rather than born. Furthermore, each of their eyes are matching cut gemstones. Letting them rest within the world only costs 4 IP.

The second request comes from a particularities salesman. I have in my possession the egg of a vast creature. It is an unknown being which lived a long time ago,
 and only laid a single egg. Now the time for this egg to hatch is almost upon us, and I'm selling it to any interested party for 18 IP.
The egg is indeed quite large, and you can sense life within it. It's shell is incredibly hard and is a swirl of orange and purple.

I'll do this bit later.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:30:23 am by Roboson »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2017, 02:43:46 pm »

"Pleeeease allow me to join"
No sig yet

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2017, 03:02:17 pm »

"...Wow Waukahan, you really must be interested in getting mortal souls for your afterlife. With the amount of death and destruction you've just unleashed it's filling up quite fast. Take care to ensure that the mortals don't all end up dead.

Now, Stolen, you wouldn't mind me making a little extra something onto that afterlife you've made? I think I can make it more interesting by a fair bit."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2017, 03:49:54 pm »

The second request comes from a particularities salesman. I have in my possession the egg of a vast creature. It is an unknown being which lived a long time ago,
 and only laid a single egg. Now the time for this egg to hatch is almost upon us, and I'm selling it to any interested party for 18 IP.
The egg is indeed quite large, and you can sense life within it. It's shell is incredibly hard and is a swirl of orange and purple.
"Could you give more information please?"
The first comes from a travelling shaman: Please gods of this world, hear my plea. My people are humble nomads who have journeyed from world to world. Each time we have been expunged, driven away, or enslaved. We have grown weary in our journey. Will you allow us to stay here? The shaman seems to be a hard creature of great strength and ability, despite being obviously incredibly old. He and his species are four eyed humans composed entirely out of stone. Their composition varies, as they seem to be carved rather than born. Furthermore, each of their eyes are matching cut gemstones. Letting them rest within the world only costs 4 IP.
"Do you plan to stay or not? In addition, what were the reasons for your expulsions?"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:47:27 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2017, 04:10:18 pm »

"Greetings. I am Zeer, god of Chakra and Cloth. Here is my offer. A favor to all who vote to allow me to enter, and for the first and second to vote for me to enter, 3 IP each. Some more specifics about the favor: it would be huge, nearly unlimited. The only conditions I will deny it on is if it would conflict with another favor usage or if it would put me or my Shrouded Ones in harms way."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2017, 04:13:27 pm »

"Greetings. I am Zeer, god of Chakra and Cloth. Here is my offer. A favor to all who vote to allow me to enter, and for the first and second to vote for me to enter, 3 IP each. Some more specifics about the favor: it would be huge, nearly unlimited. The only conditions I will deny it on is if it would conflict with another favor usage or if it would put me or my Shrouded Ones in harms way."
"What are your goals? What do you wish to do?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11