Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 IC  (Read 12336 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods of Creation 2 IC
« on: May 15, 2017, 07:17:12 pm »

Once again the time for creation of a new world has finally arrived. The heavens are abuzz with energy as the 9 high gods of this fledgling universe set about their work. Strange beings from heaven, hell, and who knows where have found a way into your domain. They come seeking entrance into the physical world, through any means necessary.

The world itself is dank, empty, and unmolded. It is a particular bit of slightly less nothingness in a larger cosmic nothingness. Distant stars twinkle, uninterested in the fate of this particular region of void. This is where you will set about your work. You have each formed your own race of mortals to place upon the world, yet as of now there is no world to place them upon. This is the first step on the long path that is creation.

However, even now the creatures of the multitudes seek to influence you. Whether that influence is worthy, warranted, or well intended is impossible to say. The system for requests is simple and understood by all. Major requests can be made to the council of gods as a whole, whereas specific or minor requests may be made in private to a particular god.

The first request comes from a race of six armed humanoids. Their color varies, but is most commonly shades of blue. However one thing makes them unique is that they have translucent sections of skin and black sections mixed throughout in wonderful patterns unique to individuals. Furthermore, the individuals have no designated legs. So they have three sets of limbs, all perpendicular to their muscular bodies, which end in a four fingered hand. They can stand on one set, but tend to stand on two. We are the Unfinished. Our god began creating us, but never completed their work. Abandoned, our people are doomed to die in the interverse. Allowing them passage into the world will require 4 IP.

The second request comes from an unnamed demi-god. They have hidden their shape and identity underneath an imperceptible layer of nothingness with a layer of everythingness hidden beneath and then finally their obscured essence. I wish to store something upon your fledgling world. I cannot tell you what it is, only that it is dangerous and powerful. It will be stored in a vault, and a race will need to serve as its guardian. The god who chooses to undertake this task will be rewarded 6 IP upon my return. If two gods accept this offer, they must decide between themselves who will bear the burden and reap the reward.

The third request comes from an interverse being. It explains: As it't may be your first go at this, there is a bit of topography - The being chuckles for a moment. - That you need to understand. Let's start with this area that you control. It is your home universe. Beyond that is the interverse, the universe between universes. That is where we are now, outside looking in. Beyond that is the extraverse, which is the section of the interverse that doesn't connect universes. It's not completely empty, as there are many unconnected multiverses which only connect rarely, or require transport through the extraverse in order to reach. The interverse is best understood as a series of paths or tunnels, which lead to the edges of multiverses. At those edges are places like this where gods control the universe indirectly. The extraverse is a lot like an exploded interverse, with lots of unconnected bits of path, empty space, debris, and worlds floating in incomprehensible combinations of existence, nonexistence, spacial and temporal organization, and that sort of thing. Its hard to explain. Just don't worry about any more than it takes to understand its a big chaotic fucked up place.

That said, I'd like to sell you a temporary connection to the water universe Abyss. Basically its a giant ocean and a temporary portal to your world will allow water to be transferred without you having to go to the trouble of spending a content worth amount of IP on oceans. The catch is, its from the extraverse, and a temporary portal will attract the attention of who knows what. Plus, I'd need 3 IP to pull it off.
That's a terrible deal! said the final requester.

The final "person" to make a request of you is a demi-god of rain and growth. I'll sell you enough rain to flood a whole world. Free of charge, and no interdiminisional monstrosities trying to eat your face. One catch though, my daughter wants a place to play with mortals and whatnot. If you let her play in your world, I'll give you as much water as you can use. 

This concludes the first round of requests to the council of gods. At this point in time specific requests to individual gods are unlikely as there is yet to even be a world. However, perhaps one or two may pop-up as actions are deliberated and discussed. At this point gods are free to discuss with eachother the requests at hand, their ideas for the world, and whatever else pleases them. In addition gods are now free to take action and begin constructing the world.

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Mo (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guldenix(NRDL) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyazir (Taricus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waukahan (Snowdwarf) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stolen (Iituem) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Netreth (crazyabe) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Janos (micelus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maumanai (Leonardo8 ) (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 IC
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 07:28:13 pm »

(Nein, slowbro didn't even occur to me when I came up with that. Originality is well and truly dead.))

Ignoring the lesser entities for a time, Janos beckoned to his fellow deities.

"Plainly I speak. A world is required. May I suggest, without a bother?"

"I think of a wheel; of unknown spokes. At the centre lies a city, built and empty. Infinite in size, but finite in truth. Stacks of reality built upon another, but ultimately the same dimensions from tip-to-toe. To travel away from the city is to walk the spokes. Walk the spokes and you emerge unto the rest of the world. Each spoke, another exit. Another exit, a new land."

"However, I doubt that you will follow. I believe only I desire a world-shaped as a wheel with a city infinite in its centre. As such, should I be right, I shall perform my own feat; unknown to you."

Directing himself now at the supplicants, Janos ignored all save the last. "Describe this daughter, so that I may decide."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:35:07 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 07:34:38 pm »

"I would Like to take up the mantle of defending the a Vault, And I would be willing to have a portal to the water abyss payed for out of my pocket. And to a World of a Wheel I say No, For it would have to go, And that would only slow, the time in this world's flow."

(NOTE: my Text is Clear, Not just a load of Spaces.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:53:49 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 08:22:18 pm »

She's the offspring of a rain demi-god and nature demi-god. She enjoys jungles and wildlife, and enjoys meddling with mortal races in a grand scale. Her power is equatable to a demon or angel, but she does have the ability to create life to some degree.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 08:40:28 pm »

"Well, It might be prudent to ask what said meddling entails, lest it becomes a point of friction later if we accept that offer, along with asking what sort of life she would be able to create."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 08:53:10 pm »

I say we allow her safe passage in our universe, i would very much prefer a playful lady than an extraverse monstrosity to be our world's first inhabitant. Plus it's free!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 08:59:13 pm »

"Nothing is free. Know all before committing."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 09:03:22 pm »

Come on! She seems a nice enough person. What comes out of that portal may not even be a person even in the widest sense of the word.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 10:20:07 pm »

"Well, It might be prudent to ask what said meddling entails, lest it becomes a point of friction later if we accept that offer, along with asking what sort of life she would be able to create."

(Assuming this is a question and not just a statement saying you should ask that question.)

The usual messing with mortals stuff. Blessing them with new forms, tempting them with strange plants, general life demi-god shenanigans. Quite cute if you think about it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 11:50:53 pm »

Quietly the shadowy being with the white skin the black eye's and the small frown looks about. It's quiet they look the rain being in the eye. They would happily take said child. Happily into their embrace. Friendship. It's nice. feel's good she would suppose.

A smile spreads across her face silently as she nod's at the water spirit.

Nod at the rain goddess. Make it clear that I would be happy to take their child under my wing. Do not speak.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 01:35:21 am »

Mo observes disinterestedly, doing nothing this turn.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 02:16:46 am »

"Ha. This girl sounds fun! Let her in."

Give assent to allowing the daughter to be allowed within our universe.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 02:43:38 am »

A man with a head of an eagle reveals himself from the shades. It seems like he has been listening to the conversation for some time.
Hello fellow gods. I would like to introduce myself...
Waukahan looks around at the other gods.
It seems like we mostly know each other and not from the most pleasing experiences...
He looks at Guldenix
But let's put our hmmm.... differences aside for now.
Waukahan speaks to the unnamed demi-god first.
Let me ask you a question. What would happen if we didn't put the dangerous and powerful thing into our world? Would you just let it out or give it to other gods...?
Than he flies over to the demigod of rain and other gods who are currently speaking to him.
I see you are reckless as always...
He gives Guldenix a staring gaze.
We don't know what the world will even look like and you already want to let demigods into it!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:51:28 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 03:02:50 am »

A swirl of essence concentrates into the form of a feminine Orathal in a rather scandalous and irreverent grey dress.  Stolen's lips twist into a half-smile, but she seems irked.

I really dislike to be the one taking any sort of responsibility, but all the water in the worlds won't help us without somewhere to put it.  Or were you planning to float your minions in the void?

Stolen twirls her fingers, conjuring a disk of grey smoke.  Drops of white smoke fall onto it, pooling into a decorative lake as a few peaks of the grey disk rise.

My people need three things to live; somewhere to live, something to eat and drink and something to breathe.  The first and third we solve by making some land and putting water on it, perhaps courtesy of this dear demigod's offer.  To feed we need something to feed upon and something for that food to sustain itself.  Therefore!

Trees of smoke appear on the disk and all wither and die.  A little ball of light appears over the disk and the next round of trees remain intact.

First!  We need at least a little land in this void for ours to live upon.  Put water on it and we can split that easily enough into air.

Second!  We need a source for life to draw its power from - a star is traditional, but we are gods...

Third!  We need flora and fauna to populate the land.

None of us can achieve all of these by ourselves, so I propose a pact.  We would need two to shape a modest land, three to build a source for life - with power left over to create at least one breed of life to draw upon that source, and however many else to help further stock the world with life.  I - ergh - volunteer to support such a pact with whichever gods might make it with me, but we will need to be five to make this work.  Do any others care to make this accord?

Proposal (Needs 5 Gods):

- Modest Continent (20 points)
- Source of Life/Mana (25 points, e.g. a sun)
- Simple 'Plant'life [which draws upon the Source of Life] (5 points)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 03:33:02 am »

-snip-

"Ease up there birdy, don't get all sanctimonious. What's the point of having a world to play in if there's nobody fun to play with?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11