Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 IC  (Read 12344 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 IC
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2017, 12:54:48 am »

"Or you could just well have both of you pull back your acceptances."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2017, 01:03:34 am »

"Ooooh, I LOVE gelatin."

Accept Jyll's request

Accept the Xaryia request

Accept the minor spider god's request.

Guldenix, could we come to an arrangement? I give up on Jyll's request, meaning you would get the full 8 IP, and you give up on the Xaryia's request?

"Oh, so you can get the headless monsters all to yourself? Bwahahaha. Sure, why not, don't really care much about them anyway."

Agree to terms.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2017, 01:10:33 am »

"Ooooh, I LOVE gelatin."

Accept Jyll's request

Accept the Xaryia request

Accept the minor spider god's request.

Guldenix, could we come to an arrangement? I give up on Jyll's request, meaning you would get the full 8 IP, and you give up on the Xaryia's request?

"Oh, so you can get the headless monsters all to yourself? Bwahahaha. Sure, why not, don't really care much about them anyway."

Agree to terms.
"Thank you"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 02:26:11 am »

"Or you could just well have both of you pull back your acceptances."
Why?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 08:01:58 am »

Waukahan keeps quiet for this turn. ((But he is sending some secret stuff to the GM.))
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:23 am »

I Spend 10 IP to create my own Island to the south, a hotter land then the rest.
Upon that land I Produce a Species of Cubeic mushroom which will feed off heat, and grow to Enormous sizes.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2017, 09:21:30 am »

Check on my creation's show them the world. Ask where they eant to live Specifically.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2017, 09:24:49 am »

It seems that someone has decided to open the vault.

What lay beyond was giant writhing mass of tentacles. Surprise surprise. There were more tentacles in that box than a dozen gods could count in their lifetimes (and gods are immortal). It seems the vault was a dimensional prison for some sort of minor eldritch being. The creature immediately noticed the opening into your world, but it took several moments for it to reach the entrance. In that time the creature's size became apparent. It moved at a speed much faster than any of you are capable of reaching, and you can teleport thousands of miles in a fraction of a second. Moving at this speed, it took this creature almost thirty seconds to get close to the portal. As it drew closer, its true size was revealed. Measuring in at several times larger than your world, this semi-eldritch monstrosity was not something one would like to see escape into their world. Immediately it tried to break open its prison. After incredible thrashing that shook your world, and several adjacent realities, it became clear to the creature that the walls would hold. Then a terrible pain fills your head as the being forces its will upon your world. Its a lot like a square peg being forced into a round hole, but on a dimensional fabric level. The being's power is contrary to your own, and by forcing its essence upon the world, it weakens you incredibly. The process of forcing its reality on top of yours thus overriding it, forces you to react and counter this onslaught of eldritch energies. To do otherwise is to risk being overwhelmed by the creature and losing your source of divinity. All gods lose 5 IP in order to close the vault.

Furthermore, the opening of the vault allowed three things to enter the world. First, a small race parasitic creatures. They look partially crustacean in nature, but seem to mammals of some sort. They are a lot like a cat that is mostly a crab and has several tentacles instead of whiskers. The second is a "humanoid" race of eldritch neanderthals. They are incredibly unintelligent. Less so than most animals, and some rocks. But, surprisingly enough, they have souls. Honest to goodness mortal souls. Its likely that that eldritch creature was baited into that prison with more than a couple tasty worlds, and that this species is one of the twisted descendants of one of those poor bait universes. They are misshapen humanoids with skin that is a mix of fuchsia and lime green mixed together, and isn't brown, but another color that doesn't exist once you stop looking at it directly. Their head is elongated and has a ring of small yellow eyes with vertical slits around it's entirety. They have normalish legs, which end in black two pronged talons. Their three elbowed arms split into four tentacles at the wrist, each tentacle has a small beak at the end. Lastly, a good amount of tentacle managed to get into the world before you could slam the door shut on it (severing it). After writhing for a while, the severed end spontaneously spasmed and grew a humanoid body. It seems that in order to continue existing, the severed bit changed its energy enough so that it could exist in this world, lessening its eldritch influence. Its likely this tentacle-head creature is monster levels of strength.

(Here's a map of what you all have so far. Not much really, and pretty barren).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:46:10 am by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2017, 09:34:16 am »

WHAT FOOL OPENED THE VAULT?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2017, 09:49:25 am »

Errors had been committed, Janos did sense. Regardless, a plan must yet be carried out, Janos did so without relent.

The centre that Stolen had made would serve splendidly for what Janos desired. Creating a Spoke as previously envisioned, the deity connected it to an outer point of space, which with a few motions, became something more. Dirt, stone, water and air; all put together to form Iphos, the first Spoke-Bound World of the Wheel Janos envisioned. Rich in metals useful to civilisation, Janos created a world of metal that would be of use in later eras.

As for the central plane, Janos knew his idea would receive universal acclaim. Regardless, he continued on. Crafting a city catalogued from many recollections of previous cultures, Janos created the Celestial Meridian, a city that lied in the geographic centre of the Tiny Continent. Mundane and yet awe-inspiring, the city was a conglomeration of many thousands of architectural styles that seemingly transitioned into each other as if they were biomes. For now, the city was indeed, useless for anything but its aesthetics but in time, Janos knew, it would be a grand work for all to see.

10P: Create the Landmass of Iphos. Iphos is connected to the Tiny Continent via a Spoke (mentioned in OOC). Iphos has a large concentration of transition metals and other useful metals arranged in a way that geologically, does not make sense but does make it easy for mortals to mine them..
10P: Create the landmark 'The Celestial Meridian', a mundane city of varying architectural styles in the centre of the Tiny Continent. The Celestial Meridian performs self-maintenance on itself.

Proposal: rename the Tiny Continent 'The Hub'.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:59:46 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2017, 02:10:09 pm »

"That could have gone better.  Let's add a little more variety to our new tenants' diet..."

Stolen's form shifts to that of a female eye-ringed humanoid monstrosity and she appears before the clusters of lost and confused barely-sapient creatures.  She spreadx her tentacles in welcome and speaks in what passes for their language.

"Greetings, Cthons.  I am Stolen, and I have stolen you from your prison.  What little moss and slime here can barely support your needs.  Let me ease your sufferings."

Stolen stretches out a series of tentacles and shapes essence across the Hub, causing gnarled little shrubs to spring up around the mouths of the many entrances to the Hub's caverns around the Celestial Meridian's walls.  Stubby and dull green in the sun's pale light, the shrubs' leaves provide nutrition for the crab-cats and their little blue berries are sweet and nutritious to Cthons to eat.

"Witness my gifts, Cthons.  I make you an offer - give yourselves to me in death and I will guard you in life.  Where others would forsake you I shall not.  Eat freely of the bushes I have made for you, but leave your dung in the caves to amuse me.  Life fruitful lives and honour me, and when you die bring your bodies to the caves that I may carry them on to new purpose.  Do this, and my protection shall continue."

Stolen then went to the caves around which her shrubs had grown and fruited and drew a cup from a place beyond the world.  She poured out her chosen people, letting the shadows sink into the caves that had already been coated with algae and moss to feed upon, ready to take the bodies of the dead and feed upon the microbes in their droppings.  She drew across her the form of an elder Shade.

"Live, my children, and know me.  I am Stolen, your mother, and you are mine.  Know that I have extended my hand over the Cthons that live beyond these caves - take freely of their dead, draw sustenance from what they leave, but for now do not assault them.  They will bring bodies to you for the taking - and if they do not they will draw my ire."

Stolen approaches the tentacle-humanoids and names them Cthons.  She produces Green Shrubs (IP 5) to proliferate around the Hub and other areas, particularly focusing around cave mouths.  She then releases her people, the Shades, into the caverns of the Hub, that they may feed on the droppings and leavings of the Cthons and wear their bodies when they are done with them.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2017, 06:39:22 pm »

ACTIONS FOR NEXT? TURN:
I Spend 10 IP to create my own Island to the south, a hotter land then the rest.
Upon that land I Produce a Species of Cubeic mushroom which will feed off heat, and grow to Enormous sizes.
Place my Race on my Island
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2017, 06:43:38 pm »

Spend 10 IP to make a small landmass, connected to the green mainland. Plop down my mighty Daktils on it, tell em to start harvesting moss to eat.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2017, 06:50:46 pm »

Still accepting?
No sig yet

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2017, 12:22:04 am »

Turn 3

Then the second land came into existence. Several small islands sprung up around the hub, all connected via spokes.

First among them was Iphos. This island was rocky and mineral rich, a future resource for the people of this world. Second was an island to the south, this extremely hot island gave rise to a new form of native life, the cubeshroom. This species of mushroom uses ambient heat to create sugars in much the same way that plants use light to create sugars. They grow to incredible sizes in the extreme heat. The one eyed Oggernth can be seen wandering among them, occasionally eating the geometrically unusual fungi. The last island was created by Guldenix, as a home for his Daktils. They begin their life on this new land scrounging for the meager mosses that grow there.

A great deal of turmoil occurred on the Hub when one of the gods opened the vault to peak inside. After you all joined forces, you were able to close the vault. However, not without letting a few creatures escape into the world. One god, Stole, immediately took to the strange humanoids that wandered out of the vault. Naming them Cthons, she provided for them Green Shrubs with blue berries. It takes a surprisingly long time for the creatures to adjust to this world, but eventually figure out how to eat and put their "poop" in caves. It takes them a while, as they don't have mouths, but a permeable membrane where a mouth should be. This makes eating for them more like absorption. They don't have any digestion organs beyond that which lay in their "mouth." As a result, they insert food, digest what they can, and then spit everything else back out in a slimy compressed packet. They throw these into the crevices. It takes them a bit to understand that corpses go in the crevices as well, but after the sacrifice of a many demonstrational crabcat, they figure it out. Honestly, you wonder how these things survived at all. However, you get the odd impression that they're quite happy lounging around in the sunlight, despite there being no indication of such.

Cupe shows the cups around the world. There are many places where they could survive. They request a warm area with lots of vegetation and food. However no such area yet exists in the world. Food is quite scarce.

Om gains a new following, the Xaryia. These monstrous creatures are quite strong, and have an eerie wisdom. They are not particularly intelligent, perhaps on par or slightly less than humans, but they seem to know and understand things intuitively. They immediately claim a section of the Celestial Meridian as their own and pledge their allegiance to Om. Wandering Cthons are harassed and chased away by the Xaryia.

Guldenix accepts the offer of Jyll the slime goddess and slime rains down upon the world. Several species of slimes manage to take hold in various areas throughout the world. As the goo falls from the heavens, it crashes into the world and takes shape, adapting rapidly to its environment or melting into a slimy puddle.

A strangely intelligent race of slime gains a foothold in the Hub and in some of its caves. Cthons and Xaryia both avoid this species. It is semi-intelligent, capable of rudimentary thought and gesture, but it is far from intelligent. Its a lot like a blue multi-headed branching worm made of slime. Its not dangerous really, and has no special abilities, but the two races that have encountered it give it a wide berth.
Spoiler: Drawing (click to show/hide)

In the Hub, a species of large moss eating slime gains a foothold. They are twice the mass of a human and a clear greyish color. They pose no real threat unless startled or provoked. Otherwise they simply undulate along and are rather peaceful. Cthons have been seen petting them. They eat incredible amounts of moss however.

To the south, a small burrowing slime takes up residence among the cubeshrooms. This tiny slime is about the size of a human fist and is fairly solid. It is the same color as the mushrooms it lives among. It burrows into them as well as into the ground. Rather harmless, but is capable of shooting a gooey liquid that hardens and becomes very tough and sticky after a few moments. Mostly its used to escape perceived predators.

In Iphos two types of slimes adapt to this harsh environment. The first is a rocky slime, which appears almost like a small mudslide that moves in all directions. It is highly territorial and will use its body like a slingshot to shoot rocks at any who enter its territory. The second species is a metal slime. It eats ore rich stones and uses the metal to form a tough outer shell, much like a snail shell. As this slime gets older, its shell gets progressively larger and more valueable. These slimes are only a few inches across. Their shell patterns vary on an individual basis.

A great deal of slime falls into the ocean and sinks rapidly through the Light Ocean. It didn't seem to agree with them for some reason. However, all of that slime came together near the center of the planet. Forming a single large slime, it sits on the bottom of the Dark Ocean, covering miles of sea floor in a thin layer of interconnected slime.

Guldenix and Om accept the spider demi-gods request. Lovely, each of you have just received one plant and animal token. Useable to create a mundane plant/animal of your own design, without expending IP. My spider children will be along shortly.

Then it begins the time for requests.

It seems the first requester is running late, and may show up later. You move onto the second order of business.

The next request comes from a lizard wizard. It looks a lot like a bright pink humanoid skink. I am the travelling Wizard SsssSSSsssSSSSsSSsssss. I seek to join this world and guide a race towards the discovery of its magic. Alas, you have no sources of magic within this world. That minor flaw notwithstanding, I still offer my services to any interested forward thinking deity. In exchange, I only require 6 IP. 22"s"s is a mortal wizard of a different world. It seems it has a general understanding of the basics of magic, and is able to instruct a race's wizards on its use. However, until magic is created for your world, he'll just hang out with your people.

The third request comes from a distant prince. The prince has been cursed by an angry demon and is going to transform into a magical statue in two turns. He beseeches you,Please gods of the Celestial Meridian, break this terrible curse upon me. If it is not broken, I will turn into a silver statue that eternally spews blood from it's/my mouth! It is a undeserved fate, and if you can help me avoid it, I will give you a magical flaming sword. He seems honest, and his magic sword is legitimately pretty good. Probably made by a gnomish demi-god. To overpower the curse, it would cost 8 IP, but if you're creative, perhaps you can find a way to subvert it?

(I'm gonna have to wait until the morrow in order to update points. and inventories, sorry about that, but I'm exhausted. The following inventories are just copied from last turn, and it should be pretty easy for you to figure out how many points you should have).

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Mo (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guldenix(NRDL) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kyazir (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waukahan (Snowdwarf) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stolen (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Netreth (crazyabe) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Janos (micelus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maumanai (Leonardo8 ) (click to show/hide)

(Not sure what points of the donated land fund were spent yet/who owns them at this point).

Spoiler: Free Actors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortal Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Landmarks/Objects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: First Continent (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Light Ocean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dark Ocean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Sources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortal Knowlege (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:29:19 am by Roboson »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11