Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 IC  (Read 12340 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 IC
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 12:42:05 pm »

"5 IP from any god that wishes to help; I shall contribute the rest."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2017, 12:52:25 pm »

"Place better look nice..."

Donate 5 IP.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2017, 06:01:07 pm »

"A city is worthless if it is not mortals who build it. What purpose would such a city provide anyway. Besides, a city cannot grow food or provide sustenance for it's inhabitants."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2017, 06:02:18 pm »

Take my power and use it for good
Donate 5 Ip

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2017, 06:07:35 pm »

"Odd that you support is given now; I shall postpone until later."

((GM is prob going to update soon; postponing my proposed action till next turn))

"A city is worthless if it is not mortals who build it. What purpose would such a city provide anyway. Besides, a city cannot grow food or provide sustenance for it's inhabitants."

"A city, surprisingly, can grow food. Enough, even. I note, yes, that not all agree with the city. Instead, I propose, a plain terrain. The Hub."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 06:08:29 pm »

"Then let there be land - and life."

Filtering into existence beneath the faint glimmer of the distant sun, Stolen draws the essence contributed by Guldenix and spins it into a smooth round cylinder of land, sandwiching layers of minerals, metals and stone together in a complex layer cake of geography.  She fans the base out to create a lip and a narrow bowl in which the cylinder sits, setting a universal 'down' towards the base of the cylinder - water should now fall downwards, catching in the narrow circle of space ready to be expanded into Janos' planned seas.  With a final flourish, Stolen cracks and bubbles the upper layers of the landmass, creating random cracks, crevices and caverns beneath and upon the surface.

Then, with water coming from the others' wills, bubbles of fat spring into life, true life, feeding first upon the fresh minerals in the growing sea, then upon each other and finally upon the distant sun's rays.  With a little more divine coaxing, this final group begins to clump together, growing simple coherent forms of moss and lichen to stretch across the city-base's limit.

Contribute 5 IP to creating a Tiny Continent and then spend 2 IP on Microfauna and 3 IP on creating Simple Green Plants.

[For clarification, 'microfauna' here means microbial life, on the level of bacteria and simple celled life of all types.  Simple Green Plants are on the level of moss and other fairly rudimentary 'colonisers' that depend on photosynthesis.  The continent has been set up so that it could be expanded outward with another 10 IP into the full 'Wheel and Spokes' by Janos, or built up to the planned city landmark.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 06:23:14 pm »

"Regardless, I will not be party to making this abomination."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2017, 09:47:42 pm »

Turn 2

*Map coming on turn 3, most likely.

And so the first land came into existence. A simple basis for what is to come. Perhaps a city, perhaps not, only time will tell. The land itself is rocky and full of crevices and tunnels. It is cylinder shaped with a small bowl near the bottom. Thus the world is oriented with the bowl-like part being below and the flat part being above. This small continent is filled with many open pockets of empty space, ripe for exploration by any race with an affinity for digging. The topmost layers of stone have a great number of cracks that often pierce some of the shallowest caverns, thus connecting them to the outside. Small life takes hold here, preparing the world for more complex life. Microbes of various types, all mundane and uninteresting, set about establishing creating the building blocks of life. The first species of complex life also appears, the aptly named Simple Green Plant. The Simple Green Plant is a kind of moss that grows well in this new world, being rather hardy and not particularly finicky about sunlight and water needs, it quickly spreads to cover a good deal of the Unnamed First Tiny Continent.

However, this is not the only life to appear on this planet. Two kinds of water are dumped into the space of your world. They are, oddly enough, very very different. One water, the water from the Abyss, is heavier and darker than the clear blueish water given to you by the rain god. The two do not mix, but instead form two separate layers, with the abyssal water taking up space near the center of your world and the rainwater floating above that. There is a rather interesting boundary between the two. If one were to swim through the Light Water, you'd eventually come upon a second ocean of Dark Water. This is rather confusing at first glance, because it looks as though you've stumbled upon the ocean, but you're already underneath it. The Dark Water ocean has waves and all the features you'd see if you looked upon the Light Ocean from the surface, its just underwater. Truly its a rather interesting and unusual thing to behold. An interest that is cut rather short by the dark shapes looming within. It seems the Dark Ocean was not without it's hitchhikers. Only three species manage to survive the trip and gain a foothold in the watery center of your world. An incredibly long species of ghastly eel, a sort of eight headed jellyfish, and a small undersea lichen that is completely self sufficient and requires only water (but not light) to survive. The Light Ocean is completely free of pests, and seems to even repel the dark creatures deep below. It is clean, clear, and has minor traces of divine energy. However, it is not without its own costs as well. The first feet upon your world are those of the demi-god Ire-Aka. She is the daughter of rain god and a life demi-god. She is bound to physical form and has an affinity for the life sphere. Her body is composed entirely of a strange alien plant, likely one from her homeworld, that looks to be somewhat like a watermelon, if watermelons were trees. Beyond that her shape is entirely humanoid. Her hair is a tangled collection of vines. After a few moments of inspecting the Simple Green Plants, she found them to be boring. Almost immediately she built herself a castle entirely out of the moss, and promptly went inside to wait for more interesting life forms.

Another object appeared upon the Unnamed First Continent. It was a giant vault formed of an incredibly hard and heavy alien material. It seems to have been designed to hold something within, but it doesn't appear to be particularly impenetrable from the outside. In fact, it looks rather easy to open (for a god). The dark vault rests near the center of the continent, but not quite in the center, a bit to the north east. Occasional knocking can be heard emanating from deep within the vault. Which is odd, as you are not only separated by miles of air, but also a dimensional barrier. Definitely magical knocking. You theorize mortals can hear the physical knocking, if there is a physical component, but won't hear the metaphysical knocking that is likely to get old quite fast.

Then it begins the time for requests.

The first request comes from the demi-god of slimes Jyll. It seems as if she has a prepared speech.  I am Jyll lord of slimes and oozes, queen of all that jiggles, and goddess of goo. I beseech you gods, allow me to seed this world with my beautiful slimy children. I will introduce several types of slimes and oozes into this world in three turns time, and in exchange, I offer a god as much as 8 influence points. However, if multiple gods seek my power, I will split those points between those who desire it.

The second request comes from a race of minor monsters, the Xaryia. They are humanoid in shape, but their body and limbs are unnaturally long. They have no heads, but instead have a wide mouth across their entire torso. Their torso splits down the middle, and a large single eye lays in the center of this split. This means their shoulders are completely separated. The eye can turn all the way around and see out the back. This race of creatures is monsterous, and will not get along well with mortal races by default. This can change, and they may get along with some races by default, but as a general rule they're not pleasant company. Allowing them into the world means they will see you as their god, so be wary if you accept them. Accepting them grants you 3 IP and a permanent increase of 1 IP per turn. If multiple gods accept, they will both get the permanent but no starting bonus. The increased income ceases if the race dies or renounces you as their god.

The next offer comes from a minor god. He is insectioid with a black carapace that seems to absorb light almost perfectly. I have an easy offer for you. I will provide three plants and two animals for your world, of which you will get to suggest their design and purpose. In exchange, you must accept two races of spiders of my choosing into your world. At least one will have some level of intelligence.

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Mo (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guldenix(NRDL) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kyazir (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waukahan (Snowdwarf) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stolen (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Netreth (crazyabe) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Janos (micelus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maumanai (Leonardo8 ) (click to show/hide)

(Not sure what points of the donated land fund were spent yet/who owns them at this point).

Spoiler: Free Actors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortal Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Landmarks/Objects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: First Continent (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Light Ocean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dark Ocean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Sources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortal Knowlege (click to show/hide)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2017, 11:54:30 pm »

The first request comes from the demi-god of slimes Jyll. It seems as if she has a prepared speech.  I am Jyll lord of slimes and oozes, queen of all that jiggles, and goddess of goo. I beseech you gods, allow me to seed this world with my beautiful slimy children. I will introduce several types of slimes and oozes into this world in three turns time, and in exchange, I offer a god as much as 8 influence points. However, if multiple gods seek my power, I will split those points between those who desire it.
Mo accepts the request of Jyll
The second request comes from a race of minor monsters, the Xaryia. They are humanoid in shape, but their body and limbs are unnaturally long. They have no heads, but instead have a wide mouth across their entire torso. Their torso splits down the middle, and a large single eye lays in the center of this split. This means their shoulders are completely separated. The eye can turn all the way around and see out the back. This race of creatures is monsterous, and will not get along well with mortal races by default. This can change, and they may get along with some races by default, but as a general rule they're not pleasant company. Allowing them into the world means they will see you as their god, so be wary if you accept them. Accepting them grants you 3 IP and a permanent increase of 1 IP per turn. If multiple gods accept, they will both get the permanent but no starting bonus. The increased income ceases if the race dies or renounces you as their god.
Accept the request of the Xaryia
The next offer comes from a minor god. He is insectioid with a black carapace that seems to absorb light almost perfectly. I have an easy offer for you. I will provide three plants and two animals for your world, of which you will get to suggest their design and purpose. In exchange, you must accept two races of spiders of my choosing into your world. At least one will have some level of intelligence.
What would adapting the spider races cost?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:10:11 am by Demonic Spoon »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2017, 11:57:34 pm »

Kyazir rejects the request of Jyll

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2017, 12:12:55 am »

"Ooooh, I LOVE gelatin."

Accept Jyll's request

Accept the Xaryia request

Accept the minor spider god's request.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2017, 12:13:23 am »

"Ooooh, I LOVE gelatin."

Accept Jyll's request

((  >:(   :'(  ))

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2017, 12:14:34 am »

Kyazir rejects the request of Jyll

The gooey goddess turns to face you. At least you assume she does, there's a lot of vibrations and undulations involved in the movement of the semi-humanoid slime. Oh gooey goodness, it doesn't work like that. It just takes one to let me in.

It would be free of course. A simple home for some misunderstood creatures is all I seek. A safe(ish) haven for my chosen few.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2017, 12:15:29 am »

It would be free of course. A simple home for some misunderstood creatures.
Accept Spider Demigod's request

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2017, 12:48:34 am »

"Ooooh, I LOVE gelatin."

Accept Jyll's request

Guldenix, could we come to an arrangement? I give up on Jyll's request, meaning you would get the full 8 IP, and you give up on the Xaryia's request?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11