Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72416 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't bother with the Manticore for now. Dash out of the area steal the kill on Grimmy with my katana.

"I'll be back for you later."
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Turn 39: The Amazing Katana

INIT:
OceanSoul/THE AMAZING BLUE(8)
NAV/Dave Blade(3)
Person/Raphael(43)
ATHATH/Grimmy(62-20=42)
Coolrune206/Frank(15)
Manticore(95)
Dancing Grape Golem(76)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(56)
Friend Cloak(62)

For once, the Manticore acted first.

Quote from: Manticore
I shall rend the cloak asunder so that it shall never control another again!

Willpower!(6)

The Manticore roared and rage and attacked the cloak that had caused it so much trouble.

Attack!(3) vs. Dodge!(5)

The cloak moved on little tendrils, dodging the Manticore's paw strike.

The Dancing Grape Golem was next to move, chasing after its master.
Dancing Grape Golem should be trying to catch up and help with katana.
For some insane reason, master and his opponent were just standing in place, staring at each other!

Katana!(1, 4 = 4) vs. Dodge!(1)

The deadly katana came around and Blue didn't see it coming.

Katana!(6, 6 = 6+1=7) vs. Resist!(4-1=3)

The katana flashed across Blue's midsection, and he cried out in pain as blood flowed from his body.

The Cloak hadn't given up yet.
Quote from: Cloak
He shall bow to me!

Mandatory Friendship!(5) vs. Dodge!(6)

The Cloak moved, rushing the Manticore... which stomped on the Cloak. While this did stop the attack, the Cloak was now in an advantageous position, and began worming tendrils into the Manticore's paw...

Capko Eagleson sat back and watched the show... and had food to eat while he watched, too!
"Mm, lunch time!"
Eat my food. First eat my mashed potatoes using my utensils. If I'm still alive, then take out my chicken, put it on my plate, and take a single piece of chicken, dip it in gravy, and eat it. If I'm still alive, do the same for the other pieces of chicken. If I'm still alive, then drink the rest of my gravy.

Capko sat down, and pulled his mashed potatoes out of his sack, and started eating. Mm, delicious. Capko realized he knew more about medieval weapons than he did before.

Everyone was ignoring him, so he pulled out his chicken fragments and started dipping them in gravy and eating them. Every bit was delicious, and Capko felt more strength in his muscles... Capko finished by drinking all his gravy...

Delicious. Though maybe drinking the gravy wasn't the best idea, Capko's stomach hurt a little.

Raphael was focused on Grimmy, who was focused on Frank.

Don't bother with the Manticore for now. Dash out of the area steal the kill on Grimmy with my katana.

"I'll be back for you later."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4pMQv46vz4

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Enter Berserk Stage 3. Then chop off both of Frank's arms.

While Raphael trudged across the desert, aiming for Grimmy, Grimmy had the time he needed to go even more berserk.

RAGE!(5)

It stood to reason that becoming angrier would help Grimmy even more. So he focused on Frank. That infinitely punchable face.

Yup, that's all it took. Grimmy cried out in ANGER and charged. Frank had no time to retreat!

RAGE STRIKE!(5-1=4) vs. Oh Shoot Dodge!(2)

Grimmy's "gambit" paid off.

RAAAAAGE!(6, 2 = 6+2=8!) vs. RESIST!(6)

Grimmy unleashed an impossibly strong blow, one that could have easily removed at least one limb from Frank if he hadn't blocked with his crossbow.

... perhaps that was a worse idea. It definitely wasn't in a good state.

Then the cavalry arrived.

Katana!(6) vs. Dodge!(2-1=1)

Katana!(4, 3 = 4+1=5) vs. Resist With Rage!(2, 1 = 1-1=0)

Critical Hit!(2)

Raphael brought his katana around and cut Grimmy across the torso.

Any normal man would be dead. Grimmy was far too angry to die just yet.

Frank wasn't happy about the damage to his crossbow.

((GODDAMNIT. GODDAAAAMNNITTTTTT. WHY. WON'T. HE. DIE.))

Rapid fire the crossbow. I don't care if it's physically impossible; neither is he.

Malfunction!(6)

The damage to Frank's crossbow somehow permitted him to make an extra shot... but was certainly amplifying the damage to the crossbow.

Shot!(5) vs. Dodge!(4)

Grimmy hissed in anger, but Frank's first shot hit.

Shot!(5) vs. Resist!(6)

Grimmy caught the bolt with his remaining hand, again.

Willpower!(4, 1)

The paint seemed to melt against Grimmy's anger, but the electricity got through to him.

Luck!(1)

The berserker rage that fueled Grimmy eroded against the calming influence the electricity had this time. That said, he was far too angry for it to work completely... yet.

THE AMAZING BLUE finally got moving! And noticed he had a previous chest wound.

"What do you MEAN, Sacrifice?! What sort of Loot does HE have? And how can I get in on this?!"

STRIKE at Dave Blade with the chainsaw, and consider if speed is the only benefit of the boots!

But on the other hand, the wound was a delay, and while Blue did move slightly faster, it only takes a second to pull a trigger...

"Didn't I kill you already, in the pit? Heh, it'll be just as fun the second time."

I do not want to sacrifice any of my loot right now. I will spend those actions reloading my shotgun
and aiming at Blue.

When he comes within range, shoot both barrels and breathe my fire breath at him at the same time. (A penalty to accuracy for trying two different ranged attacks at the same time would be fair, but it should logically be possible to perform both these attacks at the same time). Then run away before he gets to melee range.

Double Barrel!(1, 1 = 1) vs. Dodge!(6)

In complete defiance of the laws of ballistics, the tiny frogs fired from both barrels of Dave Blade's shotgun bounced everywhere but Blue. For that matter, some of them got on Dave Blade... or almost did, as they were roasted to death by his flame breath.

Katana Wound Aggravation!(3-1=2)

Blue winced, realizing his dodge aggravated his katana wound.

But at the same time, Dave Blade breathed out a blast of flame.

Fireball!(5)

The flame cooked the tiny frogs in mid-air and shot towards Blue...

Dodge!(auto 6, dodge both attacks at once)

Blue's dodge took him out of the way of Dave Blade's fireball.

Affinity!(6)

Blue, very annoyed and very injured, let out a blast of SUPER sound, deafening both himself and Dave Blade.

Chainsaw!(1-1=0) vs. Dodge!(3+2+2-1=6)

Blue lunged but Dave Blade simply ran away with superspeed.

Critical Fail!(5)

Blue realized what a TERRIBLE tactical error he made, and corrected for it so that Dave Blade couldn't take advantage.

INTUITION!(5)

Blue looked at his AWESOME fox paw boots, and REALIZED that he didn't run any FASTER than before!
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BLUE THE SUPER AWESOME (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:15:22 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 39: The Amazing Katana
« Reply #392 on: October 05, 2017, 07:37:25 pm »

"If you help me kill this guy, then I promise- no, swear, to not try to kill you afterwards!"

Brutally murderize this man with the half-broken crossbow.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 05, 2017, 07:55:19 pm »

"Dancing Grape Golem, you're the best friend/loot ever. I'm never tossing you into the pit ever. Keep doing what you do best!"

Switch to the Wand of Hearts and Horseshoes. Wave it at Blue hoping that it does something helpful, while also breathing fire.

Also keep backing out of melee range.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:35:57 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 05, 2017, 08:52:03 pm »

"I FINALLY roll a 5 for intuition on these boots, and I'm only CORRECTED on what they DON'T do? COME ON!! I've got 3 turns left to figure out what they do! Also, aren't I and Blade supposed to be deafened?"

Pray for luck. Anything. Just knowing what these boots do would make me die happy. Well, happy-ish, since I may not be able to use them. Defend myself with chainsaw, attacking anyone who attacks me.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 05, 2017, 09:35:02 pm »

Grimmy looked at his new aggressor. Then he smiled in a way that only a madman can.

Scythe spin-attack (against both Raphael and Frank), gooooooooooo!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 05, 2017, 10:15:34 pm »

Start heading south toward the plains. Keep an eye out for any discarded medieval weapons while on the way. Once I get to the plains, search for materials that I can use to create a medieval-esque weapon.
Insert witty signature here

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 06, 2017, 12:56:43 pm »

Use the scarf to disarm Grimmy!

"We have a deal!"
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 09, 2017, 04:45:24 pm »

Turn 40: Impossible Things After Breakfast

INIT:
OceanSoul/THE AMAZING BLUE(95)
NAV/Dave Blade(13)
Person/Raphael(8)
ATHATH/Grimmy(2, 86 =2-20=-18)
Coolrune206/Frank(54)
Manticore(47)
Dancing Grape Golem(55)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(31)
Friend Cloak(65)

THE AMAZING BLUE knew he was in for a WORLD OF PAIN! But he was going to ACT FIRST!
"I FINALLY roll a 5 for intuition on these boots, and I'm only CORRECTED on what they DON'T do? COME ON!! I've got 3 turns left to figure out what they do! Also, aren't I and Blade supposed to be deafened?"

Pray for luck. Anything. Just knowing what these boots do would make me die happy. Well, happy-ish, since I may not be able to use them. Defend myself with chainsaw, attacking anyone who attacks me.

THE AMAZING BLUE really wanted to know what his boots did. He clasped his hands together and prayed...

"I was going to spawn a scroll of identify anyways. Of course, you won't be the only one who wants it..."

A glowing scroll appeared, hovering, and started to float around the center circle.

THE AMAZING BLUE knew that Dave Blade and his bloody golem were going to continue the fight against him. Dave Blade was already moving. A preemptive strike seemed like a nice idea.

CHAINSAW!(1, 1, 2 = 2-1=1) vs. Dodge!(5-1=4)

Impossibly, Blue's advantage in accuracy failed to matter. Even if Dave Blade didn't have the time to activate his speed boost, he somehow managed to dodge, easily. Blue cried out in UTTER FRUSTRATION!

The Friend Cloak took advantage of its position!
Quote from: Friend Cloak
Friendship is mandatory!

Friendship!(3) vs. Resist!(1-1=0)

The remaining drugs in the Manticore's system hampered it from resisting control. The cloak shifted into a gauntlet perfectly shaped for the Manticore's paw, and the Manticore began to feel that maybe being a puppet wasn't a bad thing after all...

The Dancing Grape Golem obeyed its master!
Quote from: Dancing Grape Golem
I will keep doing what I do best!

Katana Assassination!(3) vs. Dodge!(2-1=1)

In came the golem from behind, and the AMAZING Blue failed to notice!

Katana!(1+1=2) vs. Resist!(2-2=0)

It was a bloody weak hit, but it hurt Blue's bloody chest nonetheless.

Frank was scared.
"If you help me kill this guy, then I promise- no, swear, to not try to kill you afterwards!"

Brutally murderize this man with the half-broken crossbow.

Perhaps he could use his crossbow as a melee weapon?

Crossbow To The Chest!(6, 5 = 5) vs. Dodge!(2-1=1)

Grimmy's rational mind was far too far gone to dodge.

Crossbow!(1, 5 = 5) vs. Resist!(1, 1 = 1-2=-1)

Critical Hit!(5)

Thud. Frank crushed Grimmy's heart.

... how the bloody heck was he still moving!?!

The Manticore was beginning to feel like the gauntlet was its friend... but it wasn't giving up yet!
Quote from: Manticore
... No! NOO! Get out of my head!

Willpower!(5)

The Manticore roared in defiance!

Willpower!(1-1=0) vs. Friendship!(5)

But the fight against the drug infused into its system by Raphael's trumpet cost it. The cloak's tendrils reached the Manticore's brain. The Manticore realized that he should stop fighting. The cloak was his friend.

Capko Eagleson went off to the plains. He wanted a weapon.
Start heading south toward the plains. Keep an eye out for any discarded medieval weapons while on the way. Once I get to the plains, search for materials that I can use to create a medieval-esque weapon.

Luck!(1)

Capko walked, walked, walked some more, stepped on a pressure plate... wait, what?

The plains opened up underneath him and he fell into a hole...

A wicked looking man with a hat and cloak glared at him in the chamber he landed in. The Dark Wizard stared him down.

Luck!(1)

And there were no weapons or weapon materials to be seen.

Dave Blade was glad he managed to dodge.
"Dancing Grape Golem, you're the best friend/loot ever. I'm never tossing you into the pit ever. Keep doing what you do best!"

Switch to the Wand of Hearts and Horseshoes. Wave it at Blue hoping that it does something helpful, while also breathing fire.

Also keep backing out of melee range.

Dave Blade pulled out his mysterious wand, and flicked it at Blue.

Affinity!(2)

Pink sparks came out of the tip, and the few that touched Dave Blade made him feel slightly pleasant. Shrugging, Dave Blade threw up a blast of flame.

Fireball!(1)

Literally. Dave Blade retched up a bit of flame. His throat ached.

Raphael, meanwhile, worked to finish off the not-dead Grimmy.
Use the scarf to disarm Grimmy!

"We have a deal!"

Disarm!(1)

The scarf fell limp. Raphael shook it, but nothing came of it.

Grimmy knew he was almost dead. Still, maybe he could take someone down with him!
Grimmy looked at his new aggressor. Then he smiled in a way that only a madman can.

Scythe spin-attack (against both Raphael and Frank), gooooooooooo!

SPIN!(5)

Grimmy twirled, spinning himself into a berserk whirlwind.

Accuracy!(5-1=4) vs. Scarf Guy Dodge!(2) and Scared Guy Dodge!(4)

Frank yelped and leaped out of the way. Raphael wasn't so lucky.

SLICE!(1+2=3) vs. Resist!(2)

For his trouble, Raphael got a small cut to one of his arms.

Organ Failure!(2, 2 = 2-2=0)

Grimmy, finally, died.

... his body was still spinning around... minus the scythe, which exploded for some mysterious reason.

Mass Willpower!

Frank!(4)

Raphael!(3)

Dave Blade!(4)

Dancing Grape Golem!(N/A)

Blue!(4)

A blast of dark energy exploded over those in the Center Circle. A chill of fear fell over everyone's hearts, though Raphael got it worst of all, teeth chattering and glaring in fear at Grimmy's still-moving corpse. The Golem didn't care.

~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BLUE THE SUPER AWESOME (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:16:03 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Is he dead or not?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((He's dead, but his body's still going.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whirling Corpse(chance to attack random people for next three turns, can choose a person to be more likely to be attacked each turn)
KILL FRANK.

Was my scythe a scythe of endurance or something? I'm a bit concerned that I lasted as long as I did.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Nope. Scythe of explode when you die. You survived so long due to Frank's crossbow bolts making you angrier than physically possible. Impossible Thing 1# after breakfast.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep my distance, but attack him again with the crossbow of bludgeoning if he comes too close.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Nope. Scythe of explode when you die. You survived so long due to Frank's crossbow bolts making you angrier than physically possible. Impossible Thing 1# after breakfast.))
Oh, so the artistic-ness amplified traits in those hit/made caricatures out of those hit?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38