Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72562 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 26: The Joy of an Empty Waitlist
« Reply #285 on: September 05, 2017, 11:29:46 pm »

Let the reaping... BEGIN (attack someone)!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 26: The Joy of an Empty Waitlist
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2017, 08:45:32 am »

((Flabort was last active 5 days ago, and hasn't responded to my poke, so I'm going on without him. Seeing as the likely cause of his absence is illness, though, I'm not Protocol Ding his character just yet. Also because we still have nobody in the waitlist.))
~~~
Turn 27: Adjusting the Rules

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(87)
NAV/Dave Blade(76-15=61)
Person/Raphael(3)
flabort/Flabort(N/A)
Feathered Steak Golem(92-30=62)
ATHATH/Grimmy(60)
Coolrune206/Frank(25)

Blue saw multiple opportunities here.

Take dino, slingshot Flabort, then toss both loots into the pit.

The dinosaur wasn't trying to run away or anything, and Flabort wasn't trying to take it for himself, so Blue snatched it. Blue wanted a Tier 2 loot badly, but his current slingshot was awesome. He compromised by firing the slingshot one more time at Flabort.

Shoot!(3) vs. Puppetry!(3)

Though Flabort's mind wasn't present, he still moved just so slightly out of the way. Something was behind his actions.

Blue shrugged, then tossed his slingshot and the dinosaur of hate into the pit.

A chainsaw popped back out. It looked like it had something merged with it... then it started playing music. Very loudly. Blue recognized what the merged thing was from a previous life: a radio!

Dave Blade, off in another universe, had a knife in his foot.

"Ow! At least that'll heal when we kill this thing. Nice hit by the way."
Create a pit between myself and the golem for a bit of defense, so it can't just run straight towards me, has to go around pit. Throw all my remaining blades with my good hand. Limp away if it tries to get close.

Dave Blade pulled out a looted brown gemstone from his pocket, then pressed a button affixed to it.

Affinity!(5)

Earth simply vanished as Dave Blade willed it, forming a pit in between him and the Feathered Steak Golem.

Knife Throw!(6) vs. Dodge!(2-2=0)

The knife throw was dead on, striking the head.

Damage!(2, 2 = 2) vs. Resist!(4)

It still basically bounced off the flesh golem. Dave Blade seemed confused, then clutched his hurt hand as he realized he used it to throw again. Then Dave Blade noticed that the golem was trying to pull something...

The Feathered Steak Golem's patience vanished.
Quote from: Feathered Steak Golem
Special attack: Rain of Blades!

Feathers!(3) vs. Dodge!(1-1=0)

The golem swung an arm, and the feathers on it flew off towards Dave Blade. In mid-air, they turned into katana. Caught off guard by this development, Dave Blade was hit.

Damage!(2+1=3, 2+1=3 = 3) vs. Resist!(3)

Somehow, however, Dave Blade managed to deflect the incoming katana using a held throwing knife.

At about the same time in another dimension, Grimmy decided murder was in order.
Let the reaping... BEGIN (attack someone)!
Someone!(Frank)

Frank was looking like a vulnerable target.

Scythe!(2) vs. Dodge!(4)

Grimmy's attack was quick, but Frank's dodge was quicker.

Frank didn't like that at all.

Frank downs the white potion, and evades any incoming attack by running away.
Frank pulled out his white potion and drank it.

Affinity!(3)

Nothing much immediately happened, but Frank did feel different. There was a connection there somewhere... there! At Frank's will, his bones twitched.

Frank then took off, east, to the hills. He would be safer there.

Raphael was stunned by the Feathered Steak Golem's power over katana, but eventually recovered.

"Thanks man! Eww. Guess I'll clean that off at some point."

Keep swinging the scarf. If my affinity roll fails, just use the knife instead.

Affinity!(3)

The scarf moved weakly. Raphael wasn't having it, and grabbed the knife from his scarf, then went on the attack.

Knife!(2) vs. Dodge!(1-2=-1)

The golem saw Raphael coming a long time ago, but was too slow to react.

Knife!(1) vs. Resist!(5-1=4)

Critical Fail!(3)

Raphael drove the knife into the Feathered Steak Golem's chest. Then Raphael noticed that his hand was burning, and pulled it out.

Flabort wasn't doing much, but his friend cloak had ideas of its own...

Puppetry!(4)

Tendrils entered Flabort's brain. If its host wasn't going to do anything, the cloak thought, it would have to take over...
~~~
And the prize for best suggestion goes to...

NAV/Dave Blade!

I've actually implemented some of what he said this turn.
1. In the event that an attacker gets 40 more INIT than an opponent, they get an extra accuracy die. If they get 80 more INIT than the opponent, they get two extra accuracy die. It's also possible to invert(supply extra die to dodge) this bonus if the defender has the same difference and is focused on the attacker.
2. In the event that an accuracy roll is 3 or more greater than the dodge roll, the attacker gets an extra damage die.
3. Particularly powerful weapons(chainsaws, katana) get damage bonuses either in the form of bonuses or extra dice now.

A pair of brass knuckles dropped onto Dave Blade's hands. His injured hand immediately began hurting more.
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: DERPBOT-3000 Statue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Feathered Steak Golem (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. We're empty.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 27: Adjusting the Rules
« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2017, 02:01:21 am »

Just drop the knife to get rid of it before it hurts me further. It isn't really helping me do any extra damage. Keep attacking with the scarf. If it doesn't work, swing it around in the air a little anyway to remove some grease.

"Gah, the grease! It burns! Stick to ranged attacks, and focus on the chest if you can!"

I can basically only attack every other turn on average. This may take a while. I'm patient though.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 02:03:20 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2017, 06:31:35 am »

"Alright. I'm gonna set the thing on fire now."
Get that katana off the ground. Might not be loot but it is a deadly weapon.
Then limp a bit closer to the golem and unleash flame breath aiming at chest!

Do the brass knuckles impede hand use while worn?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:50:24 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2017, 10:05:30 am »

Rev chainsaw, and attack Flabort's body!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2017, 02:04:58 pm »

Drink the Gold Potion, then return to attack Grimmy by way of punching!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2017, 03:50:24 pm »

Cut off his hand when he tries to punch me, then his head/neck.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2017, 08:59:58 pm »

((Flabort was last active September 3... I'm not replacing him just yet as we have nobody in Waitlist D, though.))

Turn 28: Still A Bit Slow

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(44)
NAV/Dave Blade(59-15=44)
Person/Raphael(37)
flabort/Flabort(14)
Feathered Steak Golem(15-30=-15)
ATHATH/Grimmy(75)
Coolrune206/Frank(100)

Frank blurred into action, immediately chugging his gold potion!

Affinity!(1)

Down the gold potion went... nothing? Eh. Had to do something, was just a matter of what.

Frank charged back towards Grimmy...

Willpower!(6)

Whose face steeled in resolve.

Blue and the marionette that was Flabort also noticed Frank's charging.

Blue Willpower!(6)
Cloak Willpower!(6)

Nothing at all happened.

((... seriously, what even how.))

Frank Fist!(4) vs. Dodge!(3)

Frank's fist barely struck Grimmy.

Frank Damage!(5) vs. Resist!(1)

Frank's fist caught Grimmy right in the diaphragm, knocking the wind out of him... among other things. It was the best punch one could do.

Grimmy was having breathing issues.

Cut off his hand when he tries to punch me, then his head/neck.

Willpower!(6)

Of course, everybody in the Lootverse was secretly a shonen protagonist, and Grimmy was no exception.

Scythe!(2, 3 = 2) vs. Dodge!(4)

Having the wind knocked out of one made it a bit hard to focus, however, and his scythe swing missed.

Blue and Dave Blade, in separate dimensions, acted in tandem.

Rev chainsaw, and attack Flabort's body!

Affinity!(1)

Blue's control over the music... was basically non-existent. It got very distracting.

Attack!(4-1=3) vs. Dodge!(2)

On the other hand, the cloak that was Flabort's friend was still getting used to its new body.

Chainsaw!(3+1=4) vs. Resist!(3+1=4)

Blue's musical chainsaw bit into Flabort... or at least appeared to. Turns out, the cloak was still just as metallic as the gauntlet it transformed from.

"Alright. I'm gonna set the thing on fire now."
Get that katana off the ground. Might not be loot but it is a deadly weapon.
Then limp a bit closer to the golem and unleash flame breath aiming at chest!

Do the brass knuckles impede hand use while worn?

Dave Blade acquired a very useful looking weapon. Then he advanced towards the golem, around the pit... and flame!

Affinity!(2, 5 = 5)

The golem's speed made it possible for Dave Blade to charge up a deadly blast of flame.

Resist!(6) (5 for chest)

The steak golem was a steak golem. It was used to being cooked.

Raphael followed up.

Just drop the knife to get rid of it before it hurts me further. It isn't really helping me do any extra damage. Keep attacking with the scarf. If it doesn't work, swing it around in the air a little anyway to remove some grease.

"Gah, the grease! It burns! Stick to ranged attacks, and focus on the chest if you can!"

I can basically only attack every other turn on average. This may take a while. I'm patient though.

Raphael let the knife slip from his hands... carefully, he wasn't going to drop it on his foot.

Scarf Whip!(4, 6 = 6) vs. Dodge!(2-2=0)

The golem had no chance, not when Raphael had plenty of time to focus on his scarf.

Scarf Damage...!(1,1 = 1) vs. Resist!(2-1=1)

The scarf struck the golem right in the chest... wrapped around it... did nothing. Except... Raphael withdrew the scarf, and noticed it got even greasier. Ugh. Meanwhile, the golem was dripping meat juice, but on the other hand, it was already doing that.

Get This Grease Off!(5)

At Raphael's command, the scarf whipped around in the air, getting grease all over the greasy steak golem, and getting much of the grease off itself.

Kill this gnat already! Actually, go for the one with the hurt foot, he'll probably fail dodging.

Katana Throw!(2) vs. Dodge!(3-1=2, 1-1=0 = 2)

Dave Blade was focused enough on the incoming katana that he was able to dodge.
~~~

Statuses:

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. We're empty.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 28: Still A Bit Slow
« Reply #293 on: September 11, 2017, 09:02:48 pm »

Spoiler: GM's eyes only (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:47:50 pm by ATHATH »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2017, 09:27:41 pm »

Sweep his legs, then in following with my reckless and almost obsessive consumption, chug my last potion. If I can still move this turn, begin pummeling by way of kicking.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2017, 09:51:02 pm »

Punch him in the chest with my brass knuckles to see what happens.
Then super run away before he can retaliate.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2017, 10:29:05 am »

Rev and attack again!
"Ready to face the music?"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2017, 03:55:30 pm »

My damage luck is truly abysmal. Such is RTD. At least my dodge rolls have been pretty good. Anyway my scarf now has greasy in its name twice now, so lets fix that.

"I might have to grab one of those swords myself. This isn't going so well."

Raphael eyes the now burning golem leerily, and decided not to risk burning his scarf. Raphael decides to clean off his greasy hand and hopefully heal the burn as well. Whether or not that works, he swings the scarf some more to get it clean as well. If he still has time, he grabs a katana, ideally by the handle.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2017, 06:09:30 pm »

Flabort still hasn't posted... at this point, the next person who wants in can just replace him as per protocol D. I hope he's okay.
~~~
Turn 29: Magical Shining Crab Man

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(51)
NAV/Dave Blade(41-15=26)
Person/Raphael(38)
flabort/Flabort(23)
Feathered Steak Golem(75-30=45)
ATHATH/Grimmy(76-30=46)
Coolrune206/Frank(17)

Blue wasn't about to give up.

Rev and attack again!
"Ready to face the music?"

Affinity!(2)

Still, Blue couldn't control the music, but at least it wasn't as destracting anymore...

Chainsaw!(1) vs. Dodge!(5)

Critical Fail!(4)

Blue fumbled, nearly dropping his chainsaw. Flabort's body smirked.

Grimmy the grim reaper rushed Frank! Or... did so slowly. The breath was still out of him.

Spoiler: GM's eyes only (click to show/hide)

Willpower!(3)

Scythe!(6, 2, 2 = 2) vs. Dodge!(1)

Suddenly, impossibly, Grimmy's scythe came around and didn't hurt Frank at all! Then Frank realized Grimmy had tried and failed to get at his last potion by hooking at his belt using his scythe... and failed due to being horribly winded.

Off in another dimension, the Feathered Steak Golem reevaluated Dave Blade's threat level.
Right, that flamethrower guy definitely seems nastier than the scarf guy.

Fist!(3-2=1) vs. Dodge!(2-1=1)

The fist the Feathered Steak Golem threw just barely missed.

Raphael reconsidered his battle options.

My damage luck is truly abysmal. Such is RTD. At least my dodge rolls have been pretty good. Anyway my scarf now has greasy in its name twice now, so lets fix that.

"I might have to grab one of those swords myself. This isn't going so well."

Raphael eyes the now burning golem leerily, and decided not to risk burning his scarf. Raphael decides to clean off his greasy hand and hopefully heal the burn as well. Whether or not that works, he swings the scarf some more to get it clean as well. If he still has time, he grabs a katana, ideally by the handle.

Medicine!(2)

Raphael really wanted to clean off his greasy burned hand, but it looked so nasty and gross...

Affinity!(4)

The scarf was less of an issue. Whipping it around dislodged most of the grease. Still some remained...

Katana!(5)

Raphael grabbed a katana by the handle with his non-greasy hand.

Dave Blade decided to try out his new loot.

Punch him in the chest with my brass knuckles to see what happens.
Then super run away before he can retaliate.

Fist!(3) vs. Dodge!(4-2=2)

Dave Blade opted to use his non-injured hand to punch, and landed a blow.

Fist!(2) vs. Resist!(1-1=0)

Dave Blade managed to barely aggravate the golem's chest wound... then he noticed a feeling in his head...

Affinity!(5)
Spoiler: NAV Only (click to show/hide)

With that, Dave Blade ran off.

Run!(1-1+2+2=4)

Dave Blade almost tripped... then his magics kicked in, and he blurred off, taking cover behind another boulder.

Flabort's puppeteer didn't like the idea of being chainsawed.
Quote from: Friend Cloak
Okay, that's bad. Time for a retreat.

Affinity!(3)

A small burst of fog shot through the air, momentarily blinding Blue. When the fog cleared, Blue saw Flabort's body running off into the desert...

Frank figured he should finish off Grimmy.

Sweep his legs, then in following with my reckless and almost obsessive consumption, chug my last potion. If I can still move this turn, begin pummeling by way of kicking.

Sweep!(1) vs. Dodge!(1)

Grimmy looked menacing enough that Frank decided not to attack. If Frank actually attacked, Grimmy probably would have just keeled over.

Affinity!(4)

Frank chugged the final potion, then noticed he had crab exoskeleton coating his torso and arms... and he had giant crab claws for hands. Interesting. The potion did taste like crab, after all...

Affinity!(4)

Frank felt a little weird in the stomach. He had just chugged three potions at nearly once, after all. Then he noticed he felt the same feeling as his bones in his exoskeleton, and his exoskeleton was slightly glowing in a non-physical way. ((Lucky you.))

~~~
Statuses:

Also, I need more waitlisted players. We're still empty. If you join before I make the next turn, you can share in the awesome that is to follow!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:25:42 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 29: Stuff Happens
« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2017, 06:15:08 pm »

Alrighty then.

Guess I'll just brutally slaughter Grimmy with my crab-claws. Not like there's much he can do about it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38