Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72538 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 24: In Which the Slingshot Works
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2017, 09:21:37 pm »

Hmm. Thought I posted.
Keep trying to axe the arms off of doombot

((I'll update my own looter's delight tomorrow - I feel sick to my stomach again today))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 24: In Which the Slingshot Works
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2017, 05:56:19 pm »

Turn 25: Nothing Really Happens

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(32)
NAV/Dave Blade(4)
PaPaj/Pondy(73)
zilzo/DERPBOT-3000(82)
Person/Raphael(79)
flabort/Flabort(46)
Feathered Steak Golem(3-30=-27)

DERPBOT-3000 had the brilliant idea of drinking his chalice acid!

DERPBOT Tries to drink the chalice acid, maybe he was using it wrong at along
Stupid Interpretation!(unnecessary, inherently stupid action)

Intuition!(4)

In DERPBOT's madness, however, there was brilliance. Brilliance he was unaware of, but still.

Affinity!(2)

DERPBOT called upon the second power of the chalice... and nothing happened. Magic was hit and miss in Looter's Delight, and DERPBOT missed.

!?!(100)

DERPBOT felt he had avoided something horrible by a lot. What this meant, he had no clue.

A dimension over, Raphael was fighting a feathered steak golem.

"I can try!"

Grab the fallen knife with the scarf and start swinging.

Affinity!(3)

The scarf extended at Raphael's behest... and inched towards the fallen knife. This wasn't helpful. Luckily the golem was taking a while to attack.

Meanwhile, Pondy acted out the definition of insanity.
Repeat what i tried before

Tackle!(3) vs. Dodge!(5)

Pondy ran forwards, charging Blue... who dodged out of the way, paying him no heed.

Flabort was annoyed at DERPBOT, who was proving more persistent than expected.
Hmm. Thought I posted.
Keep trying to axe the arms off of doombot

I'd Like To Axe You A Question: Do You Feel Lucky?!(3) vs. Doge!(2)

Flabort's swing was fairly inaccurate, which is why it was good for him DERPBOT didn't really doge, or dodge.

AXE!(2) vs. Resist!(6)

Flabort swung his axe, but DERPBOT swung his chalice at Flabort, parrying the axe strike.

DERP!(5)

This could have knocked DERPBOT's chalice out of his hands, but DERPBOT clutched the chalice tightly.

Blue took a different tactic.

"Derpbot, you're left with an empty cup and a dead dinosaur. Tell you what, if you give me both of those, I'll give you a 'shot from me!"

Essentially, Trick Derpbot into giving me his loot, then shoot him with slingshot to fufill my end of the deal. Afterward, run to center and throw all loot in pit.
((Normally, I wouldn't permit a Logic Attack, but on somebody with a willpower debuff and stupidification debuff?))

Logic!(2) vs. Consideration!(5-1=4)

Blue's paltry argument was met with tighter clutching of loot.

Dave Blade was one of the last to act, but thankfully the Feathered Steak Golem was even later.

5 more blades to throw where that one came from. Throw them with my non-injured hand.
Then try again tuning the radio to a proper boss fight music if I get the chance.
Run away of course if the golem gets close.

"Scarf guy, could you hold a knife with your scarf and use it like a knife whip?"
Throw!(5) vs. Dodge!(3-2=1)

The knife hit, of course.

Damage!(3) vs. Resist!(5)

The knife hit spot on, lodged in the golem's head... and did no real damage whatsoever.

Quote from: Feathered Steak Golem
Useless. Commence with termination.

Fist!(1-2=-1) vs. Dodge!(1)

The Feathered Steak Golem advanced on Raphael. It swung. Raphael, petrified by fear, didn't dodge. It was a good thing the golem missed.

~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: DERPBOT-3000 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pondy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Any suggestions for making gameplay faster?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 25: Nothing Really Happens
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2017, 06:57:30 pm »

"Here, let me refill that chalice for you."

Another logic attack! If it fails again, take the chalice by force, and then try and take the slingshotosaurus if there's room in the turn or I succeed well at taking the chalice.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:23:48 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2017, 07:10:28 pm »

Another logic attack! If it fails again, take the chalice by force and toss it into the pit with the slingshot.
Tossing the chalice and the slingshot both into the pit will do nothing but fully heal you, the chalice is tier 2 and the slingshot is tier 1. On the other hand, DERPBOT's dinosaur is tier 1...
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2017, 07:22:18 pm »

Another logic attack! If it fails again, take the chalice by force and toss it into the pit with the slingshot.
Tossing the chalice and the slingshot both into the pit will do nothing but fully heal you, the chalice is tier 2 and the slingshot is tier 1. On the other hand, DERPBOT's dinosaur is tier 1...
Huh, didn't know they had to be the same tier. Well then, editing action.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2017, 07:27:09 pm »

Drinking is bad? But I was right about something?
Bathe in the chalice acid!
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2017, 09:15:45 pm »

((sips from nasuea medicine))
Continue this stalemated pitched battle with my axe. Try and turn friend cloak back into gauntlet through willpower and commands.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2017, 09:32:11 pm »

"The knife in it's head is a weak spot. You can hit it to drive it deeper."

I have to throw three more knives from safety before going to engage in riskier close range combat. Get it over with.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2017, 03:07:39 am »

Focus attacks on the head.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2017, 07:47:14 am »

Fall in depression becuse i cant do anything right and jump down the hole
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2017, 06:00:00 pm »

Turn 26: The Joy of an Empty Waitlist

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(74)
NAV/Dave Blade(79)
PaPaj/Pondy(76)
zilzo/DERPBOT-3000(37)
Person/Raphael(54)
flabort/Flabort(13)
Feathered Steak Golem(54-30=24)

Dave Blade was getting annoyed. But he had hope.

"The knife in it's head is a weak spot. You can hit it to drive it deeper."

I have to throw three more knives from safety before going to engage in riskier close range combat. Get it over with.

Knife Throw!(1) vs. Dodge!(4-2=2)

Dave Blade pulled out another knife... then realized he was clutching it a bit too hard with his wounded hand for some unfathomable reason and dropped it.

More Critical Fail?!(1)

The knife promptly fell on Dave Blade's foot.

Resist!(3)

It didn't really look good, but it didn't look too bad either.

((If by "get it over with", you meant throw all your remaining knives, tell me and I'll edit it in, it's an acceptable multi-action because the golem's focusing on Raphael and has significantly lower INIT than you this turn.))

Meanwhile, Pondy was committing suicide and Blue was feeling avarice.

Fall in depression becuse i cant do anything right and jump down the hole

Fall!(5)

Pondy ran over to the loot fusing pit and tossed himself in.

A massive plume of fire shot up, visible to everybody, and killed him. Sacrifice accepted. The fire formed into a ball in mid-air, then exploded against the ground, leaving behind a new contestant, Grimmy the Grim Reaper. The fire promptly incinerated his cheap scythe.

"Here, let me refill that chalice for you."

Another logic attack! If it fails again, take the chalice by force, and then try and take the slingshotosaurus if there's room in the turn or I succeed well at taking the chalice.

Logic!(2) vs. Resist!(3-1=2)

DERPBOT wasn't really responsive to Blue's argument. Blue shrugged and went for the grab.

Take!(3) vs. NOOOO!(3)

Blue's attempt was rather half-hearted. An infestation of the parasite called pity still remained in him. DERPBOT wasn't really holding on to the chalice, though, not much anyways. Nothing happened.

Raphael followed Dave Blade's lead.

Focus attacks on the head.

Affinity!(3) vs. Dodge!(2-2=0)

The scarf slowly reached towards the knife on the ground next to the golem, slowly grabbed it, then swung it towards the slowly moving golem.

Affinity!(6) vs. Resist!(3)

The knife scored a line across the golem's torso. A good hit, but not the best possible.

... and now the scarf's head was covered in steak grease, dangit.

DERPBOT figured a bath would help. Seeing as there wasn't any water around, acid would do.
Drinking is bad? But I was right about something?
Bathe in the chalice acid!

Affinity!(6)

For once, acid poured freely from the chalice. In fact, the amount of acid was much higher than before. DERPBOT was bathed in acid.

Resist!(1)(counts as 0 for head and chest)

He didn't take it well. Screams, probably of pain, echoed from DERPBOT's mouth, which was promptly filled with acid.

Dinosaur Resist!(6, 6, 5, 3 = 3) ((Impossibly good. Wow.))

DERPBOT's dinosaur minion was dead to begin with, but now it was extra dead, a fact which made him scream even harder, which got more acid in his throat. At least the dinosaur was still intact, a good sacrifice it would make, Blue thought.

Instant Death?(3)

DERPBOT's condition was fairly critical, but it wouldn't kill him yet.

Affinity?!(5)|||Stupid Interpretation!(1)

In the throes of his agony and stupidity, DERPBOT had obtained many insights about his loot. He understood. There was so much to this loot. His bath would be helpful after all! He would save himself from death!

And with the level of control DERPBOT managed over his loot, it was possible. Unfortunately, his addled and rather melted mind decided on a course of action that... didn't help matters. He would go further. Much further. The acid burned away DERPBOT's skin, but still it burned deeper. It burned through muscle and bone, but burned deeper. It burned through organs, but burned deeper. DERPBOT's mad ambition was just as possible as a saner one that would have saved him, but he took it much too fast.

One of the interesting properties of the acid was fairly obvious at that point. What was left of DERPBOT was being reconstructed. Using not just what was left of DERPBOT, but also the ground eaten away by the bath of acid. Intricate patterns formed in hardened skin. In the end, a rock golem holding a titanium chalice stood before Flabort and Blue. A gothic rock golem, from the looks of things. It was very gothic looking in design.

Blue and Flabort didn't really like the looks of the golem, but as time passed, they eased. The golem wasn't moving. It was rock solid. They didn't know why it wasn't moving, but if they had cracked open the golem's head, they might have figured out how. Had they removed the golem's brain and examined it, they would have seen a brain made of a muddied fusion of rock and brain tissue, muddied up with gothic patterns. That wasn't very conductive to actual function. Perhaps if DERPBOT had mastered his loot and was sane, he could have created a functioning rock brain, or exempted his brain from melting. But he wasn't a master of his chalice, in fact, he was barely a beginner, and he wasn't sane at all due to Blue's idiot pellet. The golem was really more of a statue. A flesh and rock statue. A very realistic and gothic statue... that was still holding the chalice in a firm grip. Flabort sighed.

((Well then. Now, flabort isn't actually next in INIT, but I didn't want to break the flow here, and it wouldn't hurt anybody...))

Flabort figured the fight was over. And not very pitched.

((sips from nasuea medicine))
Continue this stalemated pitched battle with my axe. Try and turn friend cloak back into gauntlet through willpower and commands.

Connection!(3)

Yes, there was definitely a way to turn his gauntlet back. It wasn't actually automatic, it was just accidentally triggered... now if only he knew how. Or if his friend cloak would be more clear.

The Feathered Steak Golem decided the guy that hurt it finally was the actual threat.
Quote from: Feathered Steak Golem
Vengance will be mine!

Fist!(1-2=-1) vs. Dodge!(2)

A very slow fist missed a very slow dodge. The golem was getting as irritated as a golem could get. But it would be patient. Eventually, it would hit.
~~~
When DOOMBOT died, another person stepped from the portal. Frank eyed Grimmy and his surroundings nervously.

Frank noticed he was wearing a belt, and on that belt were three potions, one dull white, one light orangish pinkish with orange flakes floating around in it, and one glowing golden.

Grimmy noticed his scythe was back, except it definitely wasn't flimsy anymore, it looked and felt like an actual scythe now, and better yet, one meant for combat.
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: DERPBOT-3000 Statue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Feathered Steak Golem (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimmy (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.

Any suggestions for making gameplay faster? The player with the best suggestion will get an absolutely free Tier 1 loot, even if they're in the boss dimension.

Also, I need more waitlisted players. We're empty.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 26: The Joy of an Empty Waitlist
« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2017, 06:19:17 pm »

(To make gameplay faster, simply make a part of the map that is more enticing to be in. Say, an area where every three turns a person is alive, they get single random stat increase, or a chance to get loot. If everyone is motivated to go to that area, they'll fight for it; include a conditional that the bonus will only work if one person is in the area, but also that killing another person in the area will drop more lucrative loot, or increase luck, or something.)

Frank downs the white potion, and evades any incoming attack by running away.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:20:58 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 30, 2017, 06:24:09 pm »

The reason gameplay is slow is because attack has to succeed at two opposed rolls in a row to do damage. Defenders have to succeed at only one roll to avoid any damage. A solution is to provide more bonuses to attackers.
1. Give high init rolls bonuses to accuracy. If you can attack before the other person can react, you're simply more likely to hit. Could be +1 accuracy or -1 dodge for every 30?40?50? init difference.
2. Give high accuracy rolls bonuses to damage. Because they hit in a more vital location or at a better angle. Could be +1 to damage or -1 to resistance for every 2 or 3 point difference.
3. Give weapons bonuses to damage. A knife shouldn't just bounce off a throat. Weapons do more damage than fists so they should get higher numbers.

Also, slow gameplay isn't necessarily a bad thing, since it gives more time to learn how artifacts work and try new things with them. It can get tedious though.

"Ow! At least that'll heal when we kill this thing. Nice hit by the way."
Create a pit between myself and the golem for a bit of defense, so it can't just run straight towards me, has to go around pit. Throw all my remaining blades with my good hand. Limp away if it tries to get close.

((Dropping a knife in foot is a very good reason to end someone's action for the turn.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:50:36 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 30, 2017, 06:26:07 pm »

Take dino, slingshot Flabort, then toss both loots into the pit.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2017, 05:18:54 am »

"Thanks man! Eww. Guess I'll clean that off at some point."

Keep swinging the scarf. If my affinity roll fails, just use the knife instead.

Also, I basically agree with what NAV said. For similar reasons armored foes should get resist bonuses as well, potentially at the cost of dodge if especially heavy armor. I also feel like it might be a little too easy to hurt yourself, but that probably speeds combat up in the long run.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:11:31 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38