Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72499 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

"I have nothing to gain by killing you. Farewell. You should join me in the boss fight, It's your best chance of gaining any loot."
Use my second magic wine ability and quickly break away from Pondy.
Throw the apple core and empty bottle into the big pit for a tier 2 loot.
Run through the portal to the boss fight.

((Canonically, does having the same text colour as someone else mean we have similar voices?))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:50:30 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

wait boss fight?! When was that announced? Run to portal is time for a boss fight.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

((Canonically, does having the same text colour as someone else mean we have similar voices?))
((I'm fine with that.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, didn't see that that text color was taken. My B. Been using navy in a couple other games. Might change to something else.

Edit: On second thought I'll keep it. Don't want to cause any confusion, but I guess it'll be character building.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:14:05 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Whistle to see if the axe does anything.
"Hello friend. Let's see if we can't kill someone."
Interrupt DOOMBOT and keep them from the portal. Smash their chest in using friend gauntlet.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Run foreward, and slingshot the chalice-holder at close range!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 22: Contestant Disqualified From Challenge

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(20)
NAV/Dave Blade(70)
PaPaj/Pondy(36)
zilzo/DOOMBOT-3000(13)
Person/Raphael(92)
flabort/Flabort(57)

Raphael liked the idea of getting a piece of Tier 2 loot.

"If anyone else is up to it, I'd definitely like to fight the boss. Show of hands?"

Raphael raises his left hand while walking towards the portal.

Walk towards the portal, keeping my scarf in shield mode just in case. Enter if at least one other player does, but otherwise search for a sharp looking stone to pass the time.

He walked over to the portal. If anybody else joined him, he would surely enter.

Rocks!(3)

There were no rocks around... that he could see. Or at least no sharp ones.

Dave Blade liked the idea as well, much more than killing somebody for no gain.

"I have nothing to gain by killing you. Farewell. You should join me in the boss fight, It's your best chance of gaining any loot."
Use my second magic wine ability and quickly break away from Pondy.
Throw the apple core and empty bottle into the big pit for a tier 2 loot.
Run through the portal to the boss fight.

((The bottle isn't actually empty, but oh well...))

Escape!(5+2=7) vs. NOO!(1)

Critical Escape!(1)

Dave Blade completely missed the chance to inflict a critical injury on Pondy as he broke away from the fight with extreme speed. If he had been sloppier, that failure might have been amplified...

Maybe Pondy might have had a chance to catch up, save two factors: Dave Blade had boosted speed, and he acted much before Pondy did.

Before entering the portal, Dave Blade took his bottle of wine and apple core, both of which didn't have much use to him compared to knives and a gem of excavation, and chucked them into the fusion pit.

A small bit of essence exploded out of the pit and landed at his feet. Dave Blade almost recoiled when he saw how ugly the pendant that appeared was, but he put it on anyway.

Once that was done, he entered the portal, followed by Raphael.

Flabort didn't like the idea of people running away.

Whistle to see if the axe does anything.
"Hello friend. Let's see if we can't kill someone."
Interrupt DOOMBOT and keep them from the portal. Smash their chest in using friend gauntlet.

His whistling produced no result, so he went to strike down DOOMBOT. The chalice was looking very desirable...

Pondy's anger was pointless.
Condense my anger into pure power and try to throw Dave into one of the pits again
Dave had already escaped.

Blue knew somebody who hadn't escaped, however.
Run forward, and slingshot the chalice-holder at close range!

Sling Shot!(3) vs. Dodge!(3)

The shot barely missed. At least Blue actually fired a shot this time.

wait boss fight?! When was that announced? Run to portal is time for a boss fight.
Run!!!(4) vs. Intercept!(6)

DOOMBOT ran to the portal... only to get punched by some lich with a metal gauntlet.

FIST!(6) vs. Resist!(4)

Flabort struck DOOMBOT, knocking him over and dealing a bit more damage besides. Then Flabort cursed as his gauntlet, suited for punching, disappeared and was replaced with a hooded metal cloak. He must have triggered something when he punched... accidentally.
~~~
Raphael and Dave Blade stood alone, portal behind them vanishing before their eyes. Except they weren't actually alone, they had each other.

And of course Null Nevermore.

"Excellent! In case you missed them, I'll go over the rules for this boss fight again. Friendly fire is disabled, if you kill the boss, you each get fully healed and a Tier 2 loot and Protocol C triggers, the more of you there are, the more powerful the boss is, et cetera. Ready? No? Well I'm summoning a boss anyway."

Null vanished. So did the blank void, replaced by a giant flat span of colorless stone, punctuated by what looks like a ruined temple, all around them. Vibrations echo through the ground. Raphael and Dave turned to face...

the Feathered Steak Golem, 9 feet high, slow, and deadly.
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: DOOMBOT-3000 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pondy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 22: Contestant Disqualified
« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »

Go after Blue and punch the shit out of him
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2017, 03:02:35 pm »

I said to specifically to chuck the empty bottle into the pit. Since the bottle wasn't empty, and my character knew there was wine in it but I didn't, that action shouldn't have gone through without additional correction and confirmation.
A roll to have retroactively drank the rest of the magic wine would be appropriate I think. Or I can just live with my mistake. Up to you.

"Keep it busy, scarf guy. I need a few seconds."
Run away (using super running boost mode if I can manage). Save my mental/magical/spiritual/physical/emotional energy by not activating my powers while running away from the slow golem.
Use my scroll to identify the ugly amulet (please PM).
Tune the damaged wooden radio to an appropriate adrenaline pumping boss fight station (for the morale bonus) and turn the volume up.
Get ready to fight!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:04:45 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2017, 03:06:04 pm »

A roll to have retroactively drank the rest of the magic wine would be appropriate I think. Or I can just live with my mistake. Up to you.
((If you want to do this, you can go ahead, just tell me. But keep in mind there may be other consequences to drinking all the wine...))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 16, 2017, 03:16:59 pm »

Like being drunk in the middle of a boss fight? I'll not push my luck in that case and accept what happened.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2017, 03:53:27 pm »

throw dino-sling at Flabort then while he is trapped pour the contents of the chalice in him.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2017, 04:29:56 pm »

Anticipate/predict Doombot's movements, and dodge, then use his foreseen momentum against himself. If unable to counter like this as an action, just shoot him point-blank after a dodge.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 16, 2017, 05:37:35 pm »

"I'll do what I can, but this thing is pretty big. I'll try to figure out what it's capable of first."

Take evasive manuevers to lead the golem away from Dave. Use the shield form as needed.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2017, 02:58:11 am »

Sorry, friend.
Dodge the Dino-sling, and protect self from chalice with friend cloak. If I get caught in the sling, use the axe to cut myself free. And finally,
 if possible, try and cut Doombot's hands off with the axe.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38