Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72434 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 19: Ckaeyod's Victory
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2017, 01:44:08 pm »

Turn 20: A Challenge(among other things)

INIT:
Glass/Ash Hong(51, 52 = 51)
OceanSoul/Blue(72)
Mallos/Ckaeyod(76)
NAV/Dave Blade(45)
PaPaj/Pondy(23)
zilzo/DOOMBOT-3000(92)

DOOMBOT-3000 decided that discretion was the better part of valor.
Now that I have Dino-Sling retreat go as far as possible.
Finally discover what the chalice does.

Run Run Run!(1)

DOOMBOT ran off. Perhaps because he was carrying a rather heavy dead dinosaur sling minion, or perhaps because he was still dizzy from last turn, he tripped on a rock.

Not the Ground!(1)

The ground punched him in the face. Or perhaps that was just him faceplanting. Either way, owwww.

At least he still had time for science, though Ckaeyod was approaching...

Affinity!(3)

A little acid poured out of his goblet. It melted away some ground. When it finally vanished, it left behind a gothic looking figurine of a tiny castle, constructed of the melted earth.

Ckaeyod had had enough of being attacked. Now he was going to do some attacking, and nothing was going to stop him. Not with his friend gauntlet.
"Luck is on the side of Ckaeyod Orakan!"

Spoiler: GM (click to show/hide)

I Cast Fist!(4) vs. Dodge(3-1(prone)-1(excessive headache)=1)
Impact!(1) vs. Resist!(6)

Ckaeyod charged, and brought down his metal fist upon his foe's skull.

It seemed, however, he was still tired from bearing the burden of the dinosaur(HATE!) and his fist left no mark.

Affinity!(2)

His friend failed to communicate to him what it could do. Oh well. It wouldn't be too long before he learned... and then nobody could stop him!

Blue considered the possibility of having precognitive powers.

I knew bad things would happen? Does that mean...I can see the future?

Quick! Guess what will happen next to Dave Blade, and after observing what happens to him, shoot a random guy!

Hmm...!(6)

Blue gazed at Dave Blade and made a rather accurate prediction. Dave Blade would escape the pit. On the other hand, his head hurt now.

Random Shooting!(DOOMBOT)

DOOMBOT-3000 was looking fairly vulnerable, and he had that chalice...

Fire!(1-1=0) vs. Dodge!(1-1-1=-1) ((I don't even.))

Mutual Critical Failure!(5 and 1)

Blue realized that something bad was absolutely sure to happen if he fired, so he didn't. On the plus side, it looked like DOOMBOT was so afraid of being shot he fainted.

Ash Hong was unconscious.

Wake up and call the dryad.

Wakey Wakey!(3)

Ash Hong didn't wake up.

?!(1)

Seriously, he didn't wake up.

?!?!(6)
?@#!(Fleshwarping)

Suddenly Ash Hong began to tremble, unconscious or not. Then a giant worm burst out of his chest.

A moment later, Ash Hong's body and his new one both breathed their last. Dave Blade looked on, unfazed.

Dave Blade was familiar with all sorts of death. This was a new one, but he was used to weird deaths by now.
Execute him! And loot him of the rest of his stuff.

Then excavate some steps and get of this pit.

Dave Blade searched Ash Hong. Or what was left of him. Twigs, some sharpened rocks, a note implying death incoming... nothing of use. Oh well.

Affinity!(4)

Dave Blade leveled the gem of excavation at the pit wall, then pressed the button. Earth vanished. In the end, some rather steep steps led out of the pit.

Climbing!(6+2=8)

Climbing out of the pit wasn't any trouble, though it could have been. Now there was work to do. What to sacrifice...

Pondy decided that new weapons were a necessity.

Search for new weapon or two

Search!(6)

Pondy noticed Dave Blade, the super dangerous murderer guy, had a bunch of knives. Surely he wouldn't mind if Pondy took a few?

Take!(1) vs. No!(3)

Pondy walked over to Dave Blade... made a grab... Dave Blade grabbed Pondy's hand in mid grab. He did not look pleased.
~~~
Lo, Raphael appeared. The painter had enough with his old life. Now he would fight.

A red scarf appeared and wrapped around his neck. Okay...?
~~~
The world started to rumble. Then a hole opened in the world. A portal, floating in the center circle, in between two stones.

"Hear ye, hear ye. Those that enter the portal shall fight a terrible creature, powerful in proportion to the number of those that fight. Should it be slain, all those who fought shall receive a Tier 2 loot item. Player vs. player combat shall be disabled within the boss arena. The portal will close at the end of [Turn 22]. Thus says Null Nevermore."
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: DOOMBOT-3000 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ckaeyod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pondy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

Wake up.
Swing the chalice at Ckaeyod (or the closest person) bathing him with the acid.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

Throw Dave Blade into one of the pits
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

...I assume the thing I tried didn't work. Ah well. Good game, mates.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It might have worked a bit better if the final 1d2 roll got 1 instead of 2.

If you want to tell everybody about your PM stuff, feel free.

The waitlists are open to you, good sir. Waitlist A currently has no people in it.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Nah, I'm good. School's starting back up soon, and I'm in several other games. See ya all round the forums, but I'm done here. Bye everyone!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

"Foolish!"
Flamethrower breath his face, then shank him in the abdomen, then shove Pondy into one of the pits and see how he likes it!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try channeling power through the scarf. If nothing happens try pointing at things, imagining shields, swinging it like a weapon, etc.

Interesting. Wonder if this is another defensive loot. I got one of those last time I was in looters delight as well. Also the only time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:39:00 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Missing Mallos/Ckaeyod and OceanSoul/Blue.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Take the chalice, then stomp Doombot's head in.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump for Mallos/Ckaeyod.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to their profile, apparently Mallos hasn't been around since the first of August.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's definitely good enough to invoke protocol D.

It looks like Flabort's replacing Mallos!

Turn incoming.
~~~
Turn 21: In Which Nothing Much Happens

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(8)
NAV/Dave Blade(29)
PaPaj/Pondy(82)
zilzo/DOOMBOT-3000(92)
Person/Raphael(77)

DOOMBOT-9000 stirred...

Wake up.
Swing the chalice at Ckaeyod (or the closest person) bathing him with the acid.

Wake!(6+1-1-1=5)

DOOMBOT jerked awake and rolled to his feet, already on the move. Ckaeyod was enveloped by the replacing light of D, so that left Blue who was very, very slowly moving towards him.

That extreme slowness left DOOMBOT plenty of time to get to his feet. Even with the massive headache he had.

Soon, Blue would be in range... and the acid that had fallen out of the chalice... well, he could always make more of it.

Pondy did not want to deal with any of Dave Blade's wrath.

Throw Dave Blade into one of the pits

Throw!(1) vs. Don't Get Thrown!(2)

Dave Blade wasn't really fighting back, distracted by thinking of how exactly he would murderize Pondy, which was why it was good Pondy had basically no arm strength in the position he was being held in.

Good for Dave, anyway.

Raphael wondered what the purpose of his loot was.

Try channeling power through the scarf. If nothing happens try pointing at things, imagining shields, swinging it like a weapon, etc.

Interesting. Wonder if this is another defensive loot. I got one of those last time I was in looters delight as well. Also the only time.

Affinity!(5)

Raphael focused on his scarf. There had to be more to it than being red. As expected, stuff happened. When Raphael focused on it, it felt like another limb of sorts. He pointed, it extended out to where he pointed. He imagined a shield, it curled up and became more rigid, forming a shield. He swung it like a weapon, it cracked out like a whip. It was more of an all-purpose loot than a defensive loot. The possibilities were endless.

Dave Blade noped in a violent way.

"Foolish!"
Flamethrower breath his face, then shank him in the abdomen, then shove Pondy into one of the pits and see how he likes it!

Flame On!(5) vs. Dodge!(4)

Dave's flame breath was mostly dodged by Pondy, but the fact that he was grabbing Pondy ensured the flame did some damage, at least.

Resist!(6)

Or... perhaps not. Pondy only looked angry. He was disoriented enough by the flames, however, that stabbing him was an option.

Stab!(2) vs. Dodge!(2)

The stab barely missed. Furthermore, Dave Blade lost his rhythm. There would be no throwing Pondy into the pit... yet.

((There's only so many actions I'm willing to allow per turn. It is a flexible number, however.))

Blue decided he really really wanted DOOMBOT's chalice.

Take the chalice, then stomp Doombot's head in.

Burn!(2) vs. Dodge!(5)

A few tiny drops of acid spilled out of DOOMBOT's chalice as Blue advanced.

Snatch Steal!(3) vs. No!(5)

Blue grabbed at the chalice, only to miss as DOOMBOT dodged.

Stomp!(2) vs. Dodge!(2)

Blue realized that trying to stomp on the head of someone standing was a bad idea. If he actually tried it, it might have worked.
~~~
Flabort appeared, replacing Ckaeyod. He was wearing a gauntlet that... that was his friend. Something else appeared in the meantime, though.

A hatchet inscribed with music notes appeared in his hand. Interesting.
~~~
Null was irritated. "Nobody? Nobody? Okay, I'll sweeten the deal. When the fight is finished, everybody who fought shall have their injuries fully restored! How's that!" Maybe now somebody would enter the portal.

Nobody Nevermore twitched. Was Null calling him?
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: DOOMBOT-3000 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pondy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
Also why is nobody going through the portal.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:31:47 pm by FallacyofUrist »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

Condense my anger into pure power and try to throw Dave into one of the pits again
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If anyone else is up to it, I'd definitely like to fight the boss. Show of hands?"

Raphael raises his left hand while walking towards the portal.

Walk towards the portal, keeping my scarf in shield mode just in case. Enter if at least one other player does, but otherwise search for a sharp looking stone to pass the time.

Edit: I may have misread the portal text and thought it said something more difficult. Dunno about everyone else though.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:14:39 pm by Person »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38