Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which part of the faction did you join?

Generals.
- 7 (36.8%)
Engineers.
- 7 (36.8%)
Nobility. (ie. Neither, just observing.)
- 5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Engineers and Generals (The Georgian Empire)(Turn 1: 1860)  (Read 7731 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Engineers and Generals (The Georgian Empire)(Turn 1: 1860)
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2017, 07:42:06 am »

As you can see, Engineers, the General Staff is not impressed with the cost or inefficiency of loading of this rifle.

It is an average weapon for elite snipers capable of using its range to the fullest, but it cannot fire fast enough to beat even a small group of enemy skirmishers, as the enemy could close to musket range long before they're all killed. It is far too expensive, and far too slow to fire. I approve of the accuracy and range, but they can only compensate so far.

Now, I believe we have work to do. The Generals, I hope, will be revising doctrines to better utilize sniper fire and the mass confusion it can cause, while we hope that you, as our engineers, could find a way to fix either the cost or the rate of fire, if not both. Or you will be shot, stabbed, and impaled, and sent to the salt mines.

((You guys rolled poorly, didn't you?))
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2017, 10:28:31 am »

Engineers, it seems our doctrine is almost completely incompatible with our doctrine. The doctrine relies on quick reloading, so as to keep up constant fire on the enemy, and your designs have gone in the opposite direction.

Avanti!

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2017, 10:57:25 am »

"Generals!" A bespectacled engineer joins the discussion.

"What this rifle represents is nothing but a completely new paradigm. It gives the common soldier the capability to harass and kill the enemy from far away, an ability that will be crucial in winning the battle before battle is even joined."

"If there is one disadvantage, it's the expense of that new process. Your skirmishers will love it, but we would prefer to give it to all of our infantry. At least, once the issue with reloading is is fixed. You see " - he pulls out one of the new bullets - "this is one of the new bullets. As you can see, it is no longer round, and you no longer can just drop it into the musket. This is the training that is necessary, and once we have improved the design in a few points, it will be as fast as an old musket."

"As for the horses," he snorts, "a horse at trot can close a hundred arshin while a musket reloads. That gives you one shot. The same horse can close by 250 arshin while a King David reloads, still giving you one shot. Any way you do it, you only have one shot, before you have to rely on cold steel and square. And this, you still can do."

ooc

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2017, 12:40:53 pm »

The 1860 meeting has ended.

(It seemed like avenues were largely exhausted.  If I was wrong in this assumption, I apologize.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2017, 09:54:00 pm »

Found out a fun little thing about the area you are in.  Apparently there's a species of dog around there that's been around for a few hundred years that can hunt bears, the Caucasian Shepard Dog.  It looks like this is the right area of the globe for an Arms Race-style game.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2017, 05:35:56 pm »

WAR DOGS.

(You hear me, Engineers? WAR DOGS)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2017, 08:50:49 pm »

Is that an actual order? I'm an engineer not a dog trainer.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2017, 08:51:50 pm »

Our trainers would need proper equipment.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »

It is not an actual order. And the engineering challenge would be to make the dogs in question capable of piercing armour and ingroing glancing shots from in front. I expect you fops to be irretrievably enamoured over such folly...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2017, 12:40:38 pm »

Are we currently waiting for the generals, or what's the current state?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2017, 01:00:11 pm »

Waiting for DM, I think.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2017, 02:02:30 pm »

Me having to work on getting a job, writing two stories on another site, working on a mod for DF, and running two separate games on two other sites in addition to this game.  May be better for me to get a replacement GM for this game so I can start trimming things down a bit.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2017, 03:39:39 pm »

Me having to work on getting a job, writing two stories on another site, working on a mod for DF, and running two separate games on two other sites in addition to this game.  May be better for me to get a replacement GM for this game so I can start trimming things down a bit.
Unfortunate, but very understandable. Best of luck sorting it out :-)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2017, 01:25:45 am »

I am... tentatively game to take over, tho I would definitely add in something to represent getting gear taking time, probably something the generals could also use to help out the engineers in various ways.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2017, 06:54:53 am »

What do you mean by that?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7