Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 45619 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Surprisingly competent
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2017, 11:42:43 am »

If this is the barracks, the armory should be close to here. Use intuition to figure out which door on this hall leads to valuable weapons, and kick that one open. I am not communicating what I'm doing to the magpie, he has no reason to know if I find valuable stuff.

[Intu: 5] You feel quite confident the armory won't be by this hallway, all those other doors should lead to more barracks, shovers, toilets, you know, all the personal stuff. Trusting in your guts you turn around and return to the long hallway by elevator and stairs. Going north is pointless, others must have already explored it, so southward is your only option. The door next to elevator shaft doesn't feel like right one. Actually, it has a universal toilet sign on it... Nope, totally not there. You keep walking southwards until you reach another branching hallway, past it to the last door and stop. Yeah, this feels right; the door seems stronger type than others.

You rise your feet to kick the door in, and hesitate a moment. What if... nah, probably not.

[Str: 2] Well, ain't that extra hard door. Maybe if you try to pull it instead?

Spoiler: Level 2 (click to show/hide)

Can I like project some lines on the wall with my PDA, to help Vic aim his sledgehammer shots? If so, do so.

Well, you don't exactly have a projector with you, do you? But you have fairly decent display in your faceplate which supports overlays. You could try to use that.

[Aux: 1] You mess with your own faceplate controls and somehow manage to shut down temperature regulation in your suit.

just bash a hole in the wall near a camera then walk off to the others who have ran off

[Str: 2] You give the hammer few gentle experimental swings to get your aim right. Better be careful with this.

Any obvious turrets or defenses?  If no, let's check a couple random datapads.

No, nothing obvious. You glance around and pick up the only unique looking datapad. Unlike others, this one seems to be in very good condition and it also has nice shaped grip along edges, which provides snuggly fit for your hands. You turn it on.

[Will: 3]

The datapad displays "Game Start" before it disappears from your hands.

All lights turn off. Except your headlights.

You hear a creaking noise, grinding of dry bones against each other. You turn to look in direction of the sound and see the skeleton standing up from its couches. It rises its bony arm, pointing a high caliber pistol at your face.

Search the room I'm in with Filgres for any hostiles, nobility, business people, potential threats, and any other stuff that might need killing. Also check for loot.

Hostiles: None alive. Nobility: None. Business people: None. Potential threats: None. Stuff that needs killing: Hmm, none.

As for loot, aside from datapads Filgres is checking out, the skeleton sitting on the couch has a gauss pistol in its cold dead hands. Fairly normal looking thing. It got only four bullets left, though magazine size indicates it can hold at least twice as much.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2017, 12:15:57 pm »

"You know, if we do bash a hole in the wall we could destroy supports in this crumbling place."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2017, 05:42:38 pm »

((Oh boy!))

With a scream of attack, Filgres executed a duck-and-weave charge.  Only way to get close enough before it fired.

Duck and weave charge!  Get close enough to kinamp punch the thing!

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2017, 09:24:10 pm »

Try to bypass the lock on the door using computery shit.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2017, 06:02:11 pm »

"You know, if we do bash a hole in the wall we could destroy supports in this crumbling place."
"Nonsense," Grits says as he fiddles with his faceplate "The camera's aren't in a load bearing wall, and anyway this kind of building is build like a tank anyway. Nothing you can do with a simple sledgehammer can do much damage structurally. Trust me, I'm an engineer."

Try to get that temperature regulation working again.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2017, 06:04:34 pm »

Staying with the group, of course. Who knows when someone's going to somehow shoot themselves in the hip (again) or something...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2017, 07:17:25 pm »

lets stick with the medic for now
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2017, 01:26:09 pm »

((Oh boy!))

With a scream of attack, Filgres executed a duck-and-weave charge.  Only way to get close enough before it fired.

Duck and weave charge!  Get close enough to kinamp punch the thing!

[Dex: 1]
[End: 1]

You dodge to left, but it appears the skeleton predicted your move. Supersonic butter goes straight through your face, exploding back of your head and helmet away. You sway for a moment before... wondering why you still can think. You lift your hand to your face just to confirm you didn't imagine this, and sure enough, the hole in helmet and in your face is real. Actually, you can put your finger tips together through your head. It's a bit freaky experience.

[Will: 1]

"Haha, what the hell?"

You give a brofist for yourself and observe how your left arm explodes in gory fashion.

The skeleton turns and shoots at shocked Stepan, who fails to avoid damage and gets new hole in his right lung. Unlike you, he falls down.

Try to bypass the lock on the door using computery shit.

[Aux: 6] This is extremely complicated lock, connected to various security systems. Making use of your switchblade you masterfully bypass all those and open the lock ans subsequently the door as well. Behind the door is a room, walls stacked with various rifles. Or half stacked actually. You see quite few empty spots where weapons should be. And something in ceiling, swirling to point at you.

[Dex: 1]
[End: 6]

There's a crack of high caliber piece supersonic metal going through your head and deep into wall behind you. You're damn lucky your brain is not there anymore.

"Nonsense," Grits says as he fiddles with his faceplate "The camera's aren't in a load bearing wall, and anyway this kind of building is build like a tank anyway. Nothing you can do with a simple sledgehammer can do much damage structurally. Trust me, I'm an engineer."

Try to get that temperature regulation working again.

[Aux: 5] Since the menu for temperature management is still open it's very easy to turn it back on. You ought to be more careful.

But Vik, he's just stalling time. Much like rest of your team, just staring at him blankly.

Hmm, sounds like someone is shooting.

Staying with the group, of course. Who knows when someone's going to somehow shoot themselves in the hip (again) or something...

Might as well let them, at least that way they may actually get something done. Speaking of getting things done, you hear shooting from somewhere.

lets stick with the medic for now

Watching together the slow hammerman with his poor hammer. It's like watching paint dry.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2017, 01:37:15 pm »

Just go sledge hammer holes in the wall while wandering torwards the sound of shooting and toss a knife into the room
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:36:47 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2017, 06:10:55 pm »

Stand to the side of the door. Once Vic the magpie arrives, speak to him:

"Hey, I shot the lock on this door open for you. This room is the armory, should be some good loot in there for you."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2017, 08:36:26 pm »

"Oh okay, shame anything in there is old as hell and likely worthless."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 02, 2017, 11:51:41 am »

Where did my players disappear? I got here only two actions.

Just go sledge hammer holes in the wall while wandering torwards the sound of shooting and toss a knife into the room

[Str: 6] Having aimed and practiced your swings long enough you finally let loose series of mighty strikes, each sending shards of supercrete and chipped pieces of your hammer flying around, and most importantly, breaking the wall around cameras. With the last strike your hammer breaks apart. You shrug and drop the piece of handle. Good thing it lasted long to finish the job.

Now the shooting, it was only one shot so it makes it a bit harder navigate to, but Citotp's helpful comments guide you to the right location. He's a sad sight, having most of his metal head in mangled pieces on floor, little more than neck and lower jaw remaining where they belong. You pick one of the knives and flick it into the room with a slick movement of wrist. It doesn't seem to induce any response.

Stand to the side of the door. Once Vic the magpie arrives, speak to him:

"Hey, I shot the lock on this door open for you. This room is the armory, should be some good loot in there for you."

Speaking of, your headache lessens a little.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2017, 01:42:05 pm »

crouch down and survey what can be seen in the room, slowly peek into it before waving an arm in, if the arm remains intact enter legs first crouched down and ready to shoot anything hostile
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:14:31 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 02, 2017, 03:38:49 pm »

Use the remains of the handle to slowly push the door open, remain out of the way of the door way incase anything comes out of it. Oce that's done try and drag drone man over
"Someone go help the tin man with his head problem. Drone man, need yeh here."

Just to clarify, the tin man is not in the room. He's outside in the hallway like you, fully functional (if not counting broken head). And the door is already open.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2017, 04:11:18 pm »

Use the remains of the handle to slowly push the door open, remain out of the way of the door way incase anything comes out of it. Oce that's done try and drag drone man over
"Someone go help the tin man with his head problem. Drone man, need yeh here."

Just to clarify, the tin man is not in the room. He's outside in the hallway like you, fully functional (if not counting broken head). And the door is already open.
((oh okay))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23