Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 45676 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Surprisingly competent
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2017, 10:56:07 pm »

Lead the downstairs team heroically forward. Take the north (right) corridor and try the east door on the north side.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2017, 08:17:45 am »

Follow Filgres for now.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2017, 10:48:03 am »

Follow the group downstairs

Following.

Follow the group, go to the nearest door and try to prop it open with laser rifle and chuck some debris in

Closest door is left of the stairwell, a pair of large sliding doors in front of a corridor branching west.

[Con: 6] Laser does wonderful job at making the doors open. Before you can attempt to pull doors apart a gust of wind pushes some rust and dust out from laser cut cracks and then a mere moment later pulls it all back. Another moment later you hear a major crash from behind the door. A crash loud enough to wake up dead.

[Str: 5] You hesitate a moment before pushing doors apart and staring into empty vertical shaft behind it and a lonely steel cable hanging from up. It seems you just broke the elevator. Not that you needed it.

Follow the drone guy

Drone guy would be Grits, who is following Filgres, who is leading this conga line to north.

"Yay!  Noise!"

Open a northern door that's not open yet.  If neither are opened, the one on same side as stairs.

Yay, Vik is making even more noise! You put some distance between you two, Grits and the other non-medic girl following you closely.

None of the doors here is open, but the one you aim for opens without much effort. Behind the door you find a another large room, about half of the size the hall on first floor. Half of the lights flicker on as soon as you open the door, revealing bunch of half rotten wooden tables placed in half circle around the door forming a makeshift barricade. Apparently it didn't do much good because many tables have fist sized holes as does the wall on your both sides. There are more tables and chairs scattered haphazadly around; only few appear to be orderly placed. On the opposite side is another door, which is equally surrounded by damaged tables and holed walls.

[Gen. Know: 1] This should be an assembly hall. South wall has a big rectangular hole in wall between two doors. You are pretty sure that's where coilgun turrets are hidden to ensure enslaved robot workers do not rebel.

Spoiler: Level 2 (click to show/hide)

Lead the downstairs team heroically forward. Take the north (right) corridor and try the east door on the north side.

In this case you are heroically led forward by that Filgres guy. He even opened the door for you.

Follow Filgres for now.

Maybe you will reach alternative conclusions.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2017, 11:11:53 am »

"Well, uh, not like it was going to work anyways...well if anyone wants to climb down...there you go."
Well go join the others and take up a defensive position
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:27:40 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2017, 11:59:41 pm »

Since we're making so much noise already...

Yell SURRENDER TO THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, AND YOUR DISPOSAL SHALL BE HUMANE! very loudly. Find cover, take up defensive positions.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2017, 09:17:02 pm »

Take damn defensive position
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2017, 11:03:07 am »

Do the same just incase, and be ready to kinetic punch something and chuck a grenade
No sig yet

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2017, 03:37:11 pm »

"Huh.  Watch out for the coilgun turrets!"
Poke around the room.  Watch out for turrets.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »

"...Why is everyone taking cover? Did you guys see something?"

Follow their lead, I guess?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2017, 04:11:23 pm »

"Looks like some kind of mess hall, I think. Wonder what happened here."
Also poke around the room. Don't stand in front of the rectangular hole yet. Instead hug the wall next to it and use a piece of mirror/something reflective to check what's on the other side.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2017, 12:38:29 pm »

"Well, uh, not like it was going to work anyways...well if anyone wants to climb down...there you go."
Well go join the others and take up a defensive position

You head to north where most of the people are and take position in corner.

Since we're making so much noise already...

Yell SURRENDER TO THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, AND YOUR DISPOSAL SHALL BE HUMANE! very loudly. Find cover, take up defensive positions.

You scream your promises of death and join Vik with his gun toting in corner.

Do the same just incase, and be ready to kinetic punch something and chuck a grenade
"...Why is everyone taking cover? Did you guys see something?"

Follow their lead, I guess?

You lot gather in the corner with various weapons ready aiming at all doors in your sights.

"Huh.  Watch out for the coilgun turrets!"
Poke around the room.  Watch out for turrets.

While others are piling up in hedgehog position you wander around in the room. You sneak to the door on right side and very carefully peek into the next room. What you see reinforces your idea about this being an assembly hall, but for chemical weapons. For example the next room appears to have fridges, both normal and microwave ovens, piles of scientific instruments disguised as knives, forks and other cutlery. In fact, it looks very much like a kitchen there, but that's just a clever disguise! Defensive weapons must be hidden somewhere in there, just waiting for you to turn your back!

Perhaps Grits is one of them, because he just pushed you in open giving you clear view of the room. You drop low instantly.

"Looks like some kind of mess hall, I think. Wonder what happened here."
Also poke around the room. Don't stand in front of the rectangular hole yet. Instead hug the wall next to it and use a piece of mirror/something reflective to check what's on the other side.

Something reflective? You don't seem to have anything that fulfills that requirement in particular nor does anyone else. Of course you could always open your face plate, take of the helmet and use that as poor man's mirror, but that's a little bit of a bad idea. Let's see, what else you can use?

[Int: 1] Well, there's Filgres stealing peeks in front of you. You can use him.

[Dex: 3]
[Filgres dex: 2]
[Str: 3]

He doesn't notice your calculating stare on his back, mostly because he's staring in other direction. So with this advantage you give him firm push in front of the hole. It's not very strong push, because you want him to stay upright and clearly in sight of any potential automated weapons. That results him stumbling two steps forward and then dropping low on the floor.

Since he's still breathing it's probably safe to look by yourself. Yeah, it's a kitchen, geared for serving number of people.

Spoiler: Level 2 (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2017, 12:44:34 pm »

Walk into the kitchen and check how the knives are. if they are in good condition take a couple
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2017, 01:43:29 pm »

"I'M WATCHING YOU, TRAITOR!" Filgres breathed heavily as he yelled that out.
Search hard.  Find those weapons.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2017, 02:00:21 pm »

"What?"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2017, 05:11:15 pm »

Forward, Comrades! Advance the hedgehog, slowly!

Advance the hedgehog, towards the direction of unknown danger.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:23:25 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23