Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 45657 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2017, 04:37:15 pm »

Go scavenge the turrets then.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2017, 11:17:38 pm »

Onwards, into the breach! For booty and bosoms!

Loot anything of value.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2017, 02:40:20 pm »

Grits will get out another one of his drones and scout the room ahead top to bottom. Also hover alongside the APC things to see what we're dealing with.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2017, 01:27:24 pm »

Loot the place

This particular hall doesn't have anything very lootable other than those vehicles, and they are a little too large for you to pocket, but what's inside of them might be more portable. Maybe. You approach them and take a good look. Time hasn't been gentle. Rust has eaten holes into hull, tyres have fractured into pieces leaving pile or hard rubble and metal rims. You use some force to rip doors open and inspect its insides. Basically everything is correded beyond uselessness, but you do find single emergency kit that appears to mostly intact. Or at least its surface seems spotless. But considering it is few centuries old there's no telling if its contents are still in any helpfull state. Better ask medic.

Go scavenge the turrets then.

Those are fixed into ceiling. Let's see if you are a monkey enough to get there.

[Dex: 5] You eye the turret and the curving red hot wall for a moment, pick your angle and jump. Your feet sticks into almost soft wall, and using that as a spring board your second jump brings you into grabbing distance of the first turret. You grab hold the barrel and dangle upside down from it with all four limbs. Miraculously enough the turret holds your and your exoskeleton's weight without issue. Now, getting the turret off the ceiling...

[Handi: 1] Hmm, with your exoskeleton you should be able to just rip it off, right? You move your grip to near its central axle, plant your feets up into ceiling on its both sides and pull/push with all your might. Upside down. Something gives up, the turret moves a little and your hold slips. This means you basically jump down head first, powered by exoskeleton.

[End: 4] Could have been worse, honestly. One moment you are struggling with the turret and next you are laying flat on ground, your jaw and neck hurting, tasting blood in your mouth and thoroughly confused how you ended down here.

Onwards, into the breach! For booty and bosoms!

Loot anything of value.

You follow the young woman to the vehicles, and break into other following her example. All you find is proof of destructiveness power of time.

Grits will get out another one of his drones and scout the room ahead top to bottom. Also hover alongside the APC things to see what we're dealing with.

[Aux: 2] The darned thing must be bugged because you can't get it working. And others already ran in without accounting possibility of additional defense measures. Since they are alive you presume it's safe enough. Time to do analysis in the old fashioned way. Namely using your own legs and eyes.

It seems the hall is constructed using some variant of supercrete. Left wall has "L1" painted on it. The doors on back seem simple type, not particularly reinforced or anything beyond a lock. Time has done some damage to them, but significantly less than to the APCs. Doors on right wall are more stronger variant, or so your instinct tells you. The bigger one appears to be metal sliding door, rusted shut and was apparently controlled by a single call button. An elevator, probably. Some darker dots hidden around ceiling which you presume to be cameras. And that's all about the hall you can tell. No structural damage you can see.

The badly damaged vehicles seem to be normal armored personel carriers as far as you can tell. Not any of the standard models you recognize, but not so wildly different it would make you terribly interested about possible technical differences. They could probably carry ten man squad safely, plus driver and two co drivers.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2017, 01:36:25 pm »

Just leave the turret be and go limp over to the medic
"MEhhiiicc!"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:00:30 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2017, 03:03:33 pm »

Tell me when I can wake up.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2017, 07:00:05 am »

Stroll over to the elevator and push butan. Declare to anyone watching to prepare for the rising (or descending) of the people.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2017, 08:25:00 am »

Let's go inspect the simple doors then. See if I can get a peek what's behind them, or maybe they've got sole writing on them.

If they don't seem dangerous, try to open them. Jimmy the lock if need be.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2017, 02:04:05 pm »

Go help the medic
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2017, 02:54:56 pm »

((I'm not doing very much))

Help out the guy. See what's wrong.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2017, 05:06:15 pm »

Try a door no one else has tried.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2017, 08:02:17 pm »

Be on guard I suppose
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:46 am »

Just leave the turret be and go limp over to the medic
"MEhhiiicc!"

Everything seems little wobbly so you are glad when medic comes to help.

Tell me when I can wake up.

I guess you can do so now. You find out you have a massive and very familiar migraine.

Stroll over to the elevator and push butan. Declare to anyone watching to prepare for the rising (or descending) of the people.

Nuthing happens.

Let's go inspect the simple doors then. See if I can get a peek what's behind them, or maybe they've got sole writing on them.

If they don't seem dangerous, try to open them. Jimmy the lock if need be.

Doors have no writing. Perhaps people manning this place were expected to be familiar with the location. But as far as you can tell, it's a simple locked door. A boot should open it fine.

[Str: 5] You take step backwards and give the door kick right below the lock. The door shatters around the lock and you push it open ignoring complains of the hinges. The room behind is little more than hallway going along the hall. It takes you one glance over to recognize this as a mechanic's storage room. Walls are stacked with various tools you are very familiar with (albeit yours were in far better condition), spare parts for vehicles, tyres, even entire engine. You recognize 95% of objects in the room despite of rust and corrosion, and remaining 5% you can guess. This is your domain.

((You have had very long lucky string of competence. When does it end?))

Go help the medic
((I'm not doing very much))

Help out the guy. See what's wrong.

[Joanna Med: 5]
[Maya Med: 4]

The guy staggers around in manner that implies concussion, his tongue is bleeding and careful touching proves he strained his neck muscles. You don't feel like wasting your advanced kit on him, but the emergency kit Maya found seems to have at least few coagulants and painkillers you deem still safe to use. They are not designed to be used with Mk I so you have to take off Vik's helmet and force feed the pills to him.

((You are helping the wounded, which is a lot more than one would expect from a medic in HMRC. And in such professional manner too. Truly a miracle worker.))

Try a door no one else has tried.

Judging by how things are looking you try the door next to probable elevator. It's locked. Or jammed in place.

Be on guard I suppose

It's a safe job when nothing is threatening you. You make sure others know you are watching their asses.

Spoiler: Level 1 (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2017, 12:44:06 pm »

put helmet back on and go give the ductape and straight blade back to the tin man, if he reacts violently just bisect him both ways, otherwise just stay back and let the people enter the room.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:56:23 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2017, 05:04:08 pm »

"I've got this!"

Turn on kinamp and punch the door open!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23