Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 45578 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2017, 01:30:58 pm »

No update today. Apparently I got annoying flu and fever from my trip last weekend.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2017, 11:14:34 pm »

"what are we fighting?"

Follow team. Shoot hostiles.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2017, 09:12:56 am »

Sorry about the delay. Being sick is not fun business.

For rest of the mission skill bonuses affect to rolls like this:
With skill -2 the rolled dice has numbers 1, 2 and 6.
With -1 numbers are 1, 2, 3 and 6.
0 is normal d6
+1 replaces 3 with 5 and every +1 after that adds another 5 to the dice. So the dice for +4 skill is 1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 and 6. Or something like that. We'll see how that works.

Welp go throw tin man into the room, see how he goes.

I would normally roll strength for this, but because apparently everyone else is waiting for results, a failure would mean completely wasted turn. So...

You prop the iron body up on your shoulders and then unceremoniously drop him into the opening. He slumps in but apparently nothing else seems to happen. Of course this doesn't mean it is safe, it could also mean defense system identifies him as harmless.

Just...stay with the group
((Sorry been busy))

Staying.

Make a mental note to burn whatever fools decide to mess with my body this time.

You do that.

Use tin man as a human shield
Wait and see if tin man turns to Swiss cheese

Edit your previous action rather than just editing a quote. But no, he tin man doesn't get cheesed. He seems rather fine for a unconscious robot.

Wait for team to enter the room. If nothing horrible happens to them, follow them in and see if I can't salvage my drone.

Citotp doesn't die, be horribly mauled or even get perforated. Nobody else seems to be eager to take the next step so you must once again lead by example. You take a deep breath, close your eyes and step over Citotp into the tunnel behind the blast door. When nothing kills or cuts you you open your eyes.

What you see here is mostly same what your scout eye saw, thought this time you have more time to observe. Good portion of curved walls are orange hot and flowing state, drooping down to floor like acid saliva from xenomorph's mouth, deforming the tunnel from its smooth professional appearance to volcanic tunnel. Hot portions of ceiling and walls are cooling rapidly since there's nothing to keep them hot. Near far end of glowing patches of wall/ceiling you spot two equally glowing objects mounted on wall, still keeping their shape despite of the heat. Judging from the shape you assume those are the laser turrets, and since they are pointing towards you and you still aren't dead, you assume their internal components are at least broken.

In the middle remains safe and clean path to forward, so you follow that. A short 20 meters walk later you find burning pieces of your scout eye by the next barrier. Pieces are scattered around. There aren't much to salvage, whatever fuel its rockets used made sure of that.

This newest obstacle is solid metal wall with yellow and black stripes. Sliding doors probably, much like the previous one, except this one is firmly closed. On wall right side you find a console of some sort. It has suffered some minor corrosion due few hundred years worth of exposure to mountain atmosphere and very recent heat wave has melted some plastic bits off. It's still functional. Mostly.

"what are we fighting?"

Follow team. Shoot hostiles.

"Pew pew!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2017, 10:06:06 am »

Go into the room, crouch behind the tin man
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2017, 04:33:32 pm »

Stay in the middle of the group
No sig yet

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2017, 04:12:22 pm »

Go and check out the console more closely. Try to see if there's just a button for "open" or if it needs some kind of passcode or something

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2017, 06:54:26 pm »

Follow motherfuckers. I am the most magnificent follower here.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2017, 10:46:17 am »

Follow in an optimal manner... ideally in the middle where it's safe where our presence can inspire the most people.

If hostiles pop up, shoot it, ideally without hitting teammates.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2017, 02:54:34 pm »

Go into the room, crouch behind the tin man

You crawl flat on the floor pushing the tin man in front of you. You make it one meter past the first door before other people walk over and past you.

Stay in the middle of the group

Staying in the middle so hard.

Go and check out the console more closely. Try to see if there's just a button for "open" or if it needs some kind of passcode or something

No handy "open door" buttons here. They probably took security a little more seriously here since they got laser turrets too.

[Aux: 4] Very seriously, actually. There's iris scanner, fingerprint scanner, blood sampler, passcode and some other key reader. This was obviously high security facility. It's gonna be a little hard to get past this.

Follow motherfuckers. I am the most magnificent follower here.

You step over Vik and the robot man and walk to end of the tunnel where Grits is staring thoughtfully a security console.

Follow in an optimal manner... ideally in the middle where it's safe where our presence can inspire the most people.

If hostiles pop up, shoot it, ideally without hitting teammates.

Inspire? That's right in the front. You push few out of the way and walk forward with confidence, spinning the gauss rifle in your hands until there's no way to go forward anymore. You join Bastien watching Grits' back.

Old sigs.
Games.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2017, 01:52:38 am »

overwatch and see what the laser turrets do to us. Return fire if they shoot.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2017, 09:01:02 am »

Just continue crouching and waiting.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2017, 09:51:36 am »

Well, let's see if fiddle with the keypad in such a way that it will take any eye/blood/fingerprint/passcode as legit.

If I see maya start throwing that grenade, dive for cover.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:11:30 pm by Pancaek »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2017, 01:57:08 pm »

If the door wont open use a grenade to blast it open
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2017, 02:25:07 pm »

overwatch and see what the laser turrets do to us. Return fire if they shoot.

Laser turrets seem to be frozen in place. Or welded in place, as the case is more likely.

Just continue crouching and waiting.

Using the man as a sandbag. You do realize his body will not protect you against lasers?

Well, let's see if fiddle with the keypad in such a way that it will take any eye/blood/fingerprint/passcode as legit.

[Aux: 5] Turns out fairly standardish key combo initiates a diagnostics mode which reveals that most of those identification methods are broken or have otherwise errors which renders them unreliable and therefore will be ignored in authentication process. And its inability to connect to main security grid causes it revert to basic factory settings which is so much easier to deal with. You remember various ways how default passwords are set up and try some of them. Third attempt gives you a green light.

The door, or gate might be a better word, splits half in the middle accompanied by loud metallic bang and then slides apart with jerky motion before grinding halt. This gives you four meter wide passage to the next area, which turns out to be a large pitch black hall, only your headlamps providing light. It's a square, about 30 m wide and long square hall. Four stone pillars stand in the middle providing support, equally distant from walls and each other. By the back wall are two boxy things which look very much like vehicles, perhaps APCs. Two doors on far wall by both corners, another two on right wall in the middle. The closest one is larger than other three.

Otherwise the hall is fairly nondescript. Faded markings on the floor brings parking spots into mind, but it all is covered by thin solid layer of dust. No signs of anyone visiting here for a long time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If the door wont open use a grenade to blast it open

Considering thickness of these doors your grenades feel very inadequate. Smallest nuke in armory would havemore success than those hand grenades. But the gate opened, so no need to waste those.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2017, 04:10:43 pm »

Loot the place
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23