Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 45607 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2017, 02:58:14 pm »

Err nvm just stay back away from the guy throwing the grenade and a good twenty feet from the guy taking the pill, be ready to shoot him up if he does anything

Retreating and preparing to kill teammates. Business as usual.

Chuck a grenade to the turrets

[Uncon: 4+1] You give a quick glance to a couple of new thin gashes on the ground that didn't exist before. Considering the angle Filgres threw his rocks you estimate rough position for the turrets. Have to be two ceiling mounted, wide apart, probably about 13 meters into the tunnel. It's gonna be hard to take out both with a single, relatively low power frag grenade. But you have to do what you can. You take one grenade out, get a feel of its weight. Then you activate it, hold it in your hand a moment and finally throw it in as hard you can.

A second later it explodes. Not as loudly as you expected, but hopefully very close to the target. Now, did it actually do anything against military grade laser defense turret is a question somebody else has to find answer for.

Shelve that idea for later, keeping my distance from the door seems like a better idea right at this moment.

Actually, just slowly back up a bit more. Some more distance between me and the door can't hurt. Stick to the safe wall though.

It's thick blast door. Nothing is going to get through it so easily. But, you know, caution is the better part of valor.

Let's just be quiet. Let's follow.

Follow people slowly retreating from the door?

"Don't worry, this is going to be awesome. If I fall unconscious just leave me here until I wake up."

Eat a second red pill and then channel my anger to heat the hell out of everything three meters past the blast door. This field of heat should extend as far forwards as I feel is possible.

"Oh, and you may wish to take some cover."

More unknown pills. Smart man.

[Will: 5+1] Rage bubbles up again but you unleash it at the door rather than anything more squishy.
[Str: 1-1+2] At least you fail to damage anything, even when your artificial muscles twitch eagerly.

Now then, time to burn shit.

[Exo: 5+1] You stare through the door, visualizing the area behind it, and will it to burn. Your mind blanks out as amp extends its fingers into your brain, hijacking portions of it to perform calculations. When your mind returns back to normal operation, it's like jumping from a bullet train and faceplanting into a wall. Or like jumping from a bridge and enjoying the moment of weightlessness before the sudden stop at the bottom. A sudden, very painful stop is the best way to describe it.

You fall backward like a very wet log and lose consciousness. Which means you don't get to see how explosive blast of hot air billows out from the opening or how white light is glowing behind the door.

"My feets!"
Move back a good 15 feet.

Thankfully he didn't burn your feets this time around. That would have been akward. But he definitely burned something.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2017, 03:32:01 pm »

zzz

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2017, 04:07:01 pm »

Qwko time to check on the tin man and see about taking his switch blade and ductape to "Borrow"
"Person with the drone check on the halway, I'm going to check on the tin man."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2017, 07:33:06 am »

"Roger that."

Use one of my drones to go check on the hallway. First just fly in front of the door gap, if nothing destroys the drone, fly inside and take a look.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 02:06:42 pm »

If said drone finds anything chuck another grenade
No sig yet

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2017, 09:14:08 pm »

"Another rock first?"
Try throwing another rock.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2017, 02:30:46 pm »

zzz

Exactly.

Qwko time to check on the tin man and see about taking his switch blade and ductape to "Borrow"
"Person with the drone check on the halway, I'm going to check on the tin man."

Tinman doesn't need stuff if he's out, so you borrow even more things from him. Or her. Tinman was quite ambiguous even before.

"Roger that."

Use one of my drones to go check on the hallway. First just fly in front of the door gap, if nothing destroys the drone, fly inside and take a look.

[Aux: 5+1+1] ((Yeah, I think I might change the system a bit after this turn.))

You take out one of your scout eyes and remote control it in from the gap. Its cameras display you a curious scene. The hallway behind the door continues 20 meters before ending in another closed door. This one has diagonal black and yellow stripes up to half of its height. And as for why the scout eye can see this is because of the tunnel walls are melting. You see, this hallways is shaped like cylinder cut in half. Three quarters of the length of walls to the next door is glowing white and slowly deforming and dripping down on floor. That's all you can see before the scout eye crashes on the far door with a mighty bang. It wasn't lasered in half so you are feeling optimistic.

If said drone finds anything chuck another grenade

Does melting walls count?

"Another rock first?"
Try throwing another rock.

You toss another in, but this time sounds it makes are more normal.

Light shining from the gap is slowly shifting from white to yellow.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2017, 03:18:59 pm »

Welp go throw tin man into the room, see how he goes.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2017, 04:37:07 pm »

Use tin man as a human shield
No sig yet

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2017, 06:06:34 pm »

Just...stay with the group
((Sorry been busy))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2017, 06:33:07 pm »

Make a mental note to burn whatever fools decide to mess with my body this time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2017, 08:13:20 pm »

"Sounded rocky!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2017, 08:18:35 pm »

((...Why are you following him in rather than waiting to see if he gets blasted))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2017, 09:03:56 pm »

Wait and see if tin man turns to Swiss cheese
No sig yet

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2017, 09:50:28 am »

Wait for team to enter the room. If nothing horrible happens to them, follow them in and see if I can't salvage my drone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23