Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check  (Read 12969 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2017, 12:59:47 pm »

I concur
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2017, 01:10:41 pm »

Ok, this is what I got so far. No idea wtf to do with the water or the second planet. Yet to be purchased spokes will connect these planetless continents. Am I on track here?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2017, 01:17:07 pm »

Yerp. Speaking of which

$$$Pricecheck a Spoke.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2017, 01:24:27 pm »

Ok, this is what I got so far. No idea wtf to do with the water or the second planet. Yet to be purchased spokes will connect these planetless continents. Am I on track here?
My suggestions would be something like the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Blue: Oceans and shit
Red Lines: Borders of spatial instability that tears whatever goes through them into shreds. Thus water can flow them pretty easily unharmed but other stuff can't
Taricus World: Just treat it like another continent connected to the hub. This multiple worlds thing is a pretty bad idea any way.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:26:39 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2017, 01:37:39 pm »

I think you can get away with 10 IP per spoke, as its just a portal between two places.

My suggestions would be something like the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Blue: Oceans and shit
Red Lines: Borders of spatial instability that tears whatever goes through them into shreds. Thus water can flow them pretty easily unharmed but other stuff can't
Taricus World: Just treat it like another continent connected to the hub. This multiple worlds thing is a pretty bad idea any way.

Yeah, i think I'll just add a bit of ocean around each.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2017, 01:48:15 pm »

Thanks.  :)
"Communicating with Mortals"
One way communication is free ("I command you to do X" - God)  or ("I pray for X" - Mortal). A two way call and response, probably 1-2 IP.
Heros
5-10 points (case by case basis): A mortal which you can influence and communicate with directly.
Could you expound a bit on the utility of Heroes please?
"Uplifting an animal species to racehood"
4-5 Depending on the race.
Think you may have accidentally messed up here. Animals generally cost 3-10 points, while the cheapest race costs 20 points. This could be exploited to create a lot of cheap races. I expected something like 10 IP cost, basically, I was planning to take advantage of animals that came into existence via other means to create slightly cheaper races than I would otherwise, since there are a couple of animals around I wouldn't mind uplifting to sapience.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2017, 02:36:47 pm »

You're completely right there. Its most likely 10-15, depending on how easily the creature can achieve sentience from their current state.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2017, 02:47:25 pm »

You're completely right there. Its most likely 10-15, depending on how easily the creature can achieve sentience from their current state.
Basically, I was considering uplifting these two species of slime, need to get that income up.
A strangely intelligent race of slime gains a foothold in the Hub and in some of its caves. Cthons and Xaryia both avoid this species. It is semi-intelligent, capable of rudimentary thought and gesture, but it is far from intelligent. Its a lot like a blue multi-headed branching worm made of slime. Its not dangerous really, and has no special abilities, but the two races that have encountered it give it a wide berth.
To the south, a small burrowing slime takes up residence among the cubeshrooms. This tiny slime is about the size of a human fist and is fairly solid. It is the same color as the mushrooms it lives among. It burrows into them as well as into the ground. Rather harmless, but is capable of shooting a gooey liquid that hardens and becomes very tough and sticky after a few moments. Mostly its used to escape perceived predators.
The former because it seems the most intelligent of the lot, the latter because they seem perfect fortress builders with the capability of producing their own construction material.

Could you give the prices for uplifting them please?

I struggling to see much utility in heroes since I can tell my races to do stuff for free. Mo isn't much of a one for backtalk so he isn't going to be spending any essence on actual two-way communication unless it's more useful than I would initially assume.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:51:23 pm by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2017, 03:17:27 pm »

Better Question: Price for Uplifting a PLANT to Sentience.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2017, 03:24:45 pm »

Heros are mortals you control (read play) directly. You say "Go slay X" and they go slay X. You say, "Be a dignitary to a foreign race and get them to agree to X." You say, (If they're magically inclined) "teach other mortals X spell" they do so. You say "Go steal X from X location" they go do it.

They're an additional piece, and are mostly used as a way to influence the world without spending IP or to do some things that it wouldn't make sense for a god to do. Basically you just use 5 IP to set up a particular mortal to do your bidding (and in return they become better and more relevant than the masses)

So your turn would go:
"My god does X"
"My hero does X"

The first species of slime is already mostly intelligent, it would probably only take 7 or so IP. The second ehhhh, 12ish? 12 sounds good. Most slimes are a bit dumber than animals, and so it would cost a little more to get them to sapience. The exception being the hydraslime, its strangely intelligent for a slime.
Better Question: Price for Uplifting a PLANT to Sentience.
Uhhhhhhh. IP wise? They aren't too different from simple animals as far as cost is concerned. So a few more points than an animal, so like 10-18(ish). Really depends on the plants. We already have one and a half species of sapient plant floating around, so it shouldn't be too out there.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2017, 03:30:42 pm »

Could we get some responses from the Prince please? Unsure if I should go to sleep or not, since the turn may come up before I wake up, so need to know if I should spend IP on making him a golem or not.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »

Could we get some responses from the Prince please? Unsure if I should go to sleep or not, since the turn may come up before I wake up, so need to know if I should spend IP on making him a golem or not.

Right, I just posted a micro update for spiders and Bluexdog. I will post (or edit in) one for the prince and the lizard wizard here in a bit.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2017, 03:56:37 pm »

The two spider species quietly appear across the world. The first is the size of a small car. It's body is covered in long almost invisible barbed hairs, coated with a sticky substance. This spider then collects objects from its surroundings and attaches them to its body. This creates a natural camouflage. After camouflaging itself, the Lurking Decorator Spider, lies in wait to ambush its prey. The spider seems rather adept at constructing its disguise, and even manages to find prey inside the Celestial Meridian. It doesn't build a web, instead choosing to create a nest lair where it sleeps and stores food for later.

The second species is much smaller, but arguably more dangerous. Measuring at only an inch to two inces long, this spider is no threat to anything on its own. However, they travel in swarms of thousands, so they end up being incredibly dangerous. The skin of these spiders is transparent, and glassy, allowing one to see its innards and straight through it in some places. If one looks closely, you can see that the spider doesn't have mandibles, but instead has a straw-like mouth. The reason for this becomes clear upon further inspection, it has an acid sac inside its body instead of webbing. It spits the acid upon its prey and sucks up the melted flesh. A swarm of these tiny creatures can make quick work of most humanoids. They are often easy to see coming and are easily avoided. However, if one does manage to sneak up on you (and they are quite quiet), it will only be a few moments before you're soup.
Which one of these is the intelligent one?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2017, 04:04:00 pm »

The two spider species quietly appear across the world. The first is the size of a small car. It's body is covered in long almost invisible barbed hairs, coated with a sticky substance. This spider then collects objects from its surroundings and attaches them to its body. This creates a natural camouflage. After camouflaging itself, the Lurking Decorator Spider, lies in wait to ambush its prey. The spider seems rather adept at constructing its disguise, and even manages to find prey inside the Celestial Meridian. It doesn't build a web, instead choosing to create a nest lair where it sleeps and stores food for later.

The second species is much smaller, but arguably more dangerous. Measuring at only an inch to two inces long, this spider is no threat to anything on its own. However, they travel in swarms of thousands, so they end up being incredibly dangerous. The skin of these spiders is transparent, and glassy, allowing one to see its innards and straight through it in some places. If one looks closely, you can see that the spider doesn't have mandibles, but instead has a straw-like mouth. The reason for this becomes clear upon further inspection, it has an acid sac inside its body instead of webbing. It spits the acid upon its prey and sucks up the melted flesh. A swarm of these tiny creatures can make quick work of most humanoids. They are often easy to see coming and are easily avoided. However, if one does manage to sneak up on you (and they are quite quiet), it will only be a few moments before you're soup.
Which one of these is the intelligent one?

The one where I totally forgot I said one would be intelligent. I'll have to change one of those and put in an intelligent one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2017, 04:12:40 pm »

No worries, intelligent spiders aren't vital, I just remembered he said one species would have a modicum of intelligence, and neither of those two were noted as being particularly intelligent.

Both of those spider types are quite cool.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:14:30 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13