Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check  (Read 12974 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2017, 03:03:21 am »

Great at getting everywhere they shouldn't be and choking out every other tree like plant :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2017, 04:54:01 am »

Great at getting everywhere they shouldn't be and choking out every other tree like plant :P
They should be everywhere, so your complaint doesn't make sense.

Roboson, could I make the super-slime into a Hero of "Destroy all Ships" or something?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2017, 04:58:45 am »

Again, I have 10 IP and Leonardo8 should have 5 more, since I didn't use his power on the land-moulding back at turn one.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2017, 05:13:03 am »

Again, I have 10 IP and Leonardo8 should have 5 more, since I didn't use his power on the land-moulding back at turn one.
Roboson's already said the IP totals are wrong, since he hasn't updated any of the spoiler information yet,

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2017, 08:08:10 am »

Well micelus said it was all in the physical realm, and I just assumed it was on a planet.

Unless I'm completely mistaken about this whole thing, and someone corrects me, it is it's on a planet.

If you'd like to just create an additional continent, you could just have them on the same planet.

Otherwise it's 10 IP for a global ocean, and then the land is already priced out... planet.

We may have had a weeeeeee bit of miscommunication. All the continents are on physical planes but they aren't actually physically connected to each other. The spokes are like wierd portals like the wardrobe to Narnia or certain fay-cursed forests in some  folklore. I would imagine each continent as their own enclosed space but all are still in the physical plane. Its like if you made a grid of hollow concrete rooms with no windows or doors and set them right next to each other. They're not physically connected, but anyone looking from the outside can see that they're next to each other. In the context of the wheel, an observer from the outside would literally see a 'flat' Hub plane metaphysically connected to several other planes.

If its possible to adjust this, then imagine that the Spokes aren't physical places but space-time distortions. Very odd distortions. Entering a spoke from any of the continents will seem as if you were just continuing your walk in the forest or spelunking in a cave. However, you'd eventually reach a point where you would realise that the cave wasn't a cave but the entrance to the Hub.

That said, I don't know if we can retcon everything that has happened until this point so...meh.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:10:16 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2017, 08:10:41 am »

Generally I prefer the land bridges approach. I wanted to make troll megabeasts to guard the bridges and demand tolls.

If we're going with portals though.

$$$ pricecheck
Prevent any portal travel between the hub and the different continents.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:22:07 am by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2017, 11:24:41 am »

Well micelus said it was all in the physical realm, and I just assumed it was on a planet.

Unless I'm completely mistaken about this whole thing, and someone corrects me, it is it's on a planet.

If you'd like to just create an additional continent, you could just have them on the same planet.

Otherwise it's 10 IP for a global ocean, and then the land is already priced out... planet.

We may have had a weeeeeee bit of miscommunication. All the continents are on physical planes but they aren't actually physically connected to each other. The spokes are like wierd portals like the wardrobe to Narnia or certain fay-cursed forests in some  folklore. I would imagine each continent as their own enclosed space but all are still in the physical plane. Its like if you made a grid of hollow concrete rooms with no windows or doors and set them right next to each other. They're not physically connected, but anyone looking from the outside can see that they're next to each other. In the context of the wheel, an observer from the outside would literally see a 'flat' Hub plane metaphysically connected to several other planes.

If its possible to adjust this, then imagine that the Spokes aren't physical places but space-time distortions. Very odd distortions. Entering a spoke from any of the continents will seem as if you were just continuing your walk in the forest or spelunking in a cave. However, you'd eventually reach a point where you would realise that the cave wasn't a cave but the entrance to the Hub.

That said, I don't know if we can retcon everything that has happened until this point so...meh.

I can make a few minor tweaks to it. Does that mean that each continent is just floating in space with no planet beneath them?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2017, 11:34:11 am »

Well there's all the water provided by the other gods but besides that, yeah.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2017, 11:44:55 am »

I can make a few minor tweaks to it. Does that mean that each continent is just floating in space with no planet beneath them?
Pricecheck responses please?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2017, 12:31:58 pm »

Well there's all the water provided by the other gods but besides that, yeah.

Ok ok ok. So they're continents, all on the same ocean, but you can't go from one to the other across the ocean on a ship? Because the ocean doesn't really connect them, its just also there. Its the wardrobes intradimensional portals spokes that really connect them.

Pricecheck responses please?

"Worldwall: Prevents any travel between the two worlds."
"Prevent any portal travel between the hub and the different continents."
50 points: A new landmark that could effect the entire world or is extremely powerful or 50 points: A powerful artifact that has the potential to affect large parts of the world.

"Subverting the Curse by turning the prince into a silver golem"
2 IP

"Uplifting an animal species to racehood"
4-5 Depending on the race.

"Communicating with Mortals"
One way communication is free ("I command you to do X" - God)  or ("I pray for X" - Mortal). A two way call and response, probably 1-2 IP.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2017, 12:34:46 pm »

Thanks.  :)
"Communicating with Mortals"
One way communication is free ("I command you to do X" - God)  or ("I pray for X" - Mortal). A two way call and response, probably 1-2 IP.
Heros
5-10 points (case by case basis): A mortal which you can influence and communicate with directly.
Could you expound a bit on the utility of Heroes please?
Ok ok ok. So they're continents, all on the same ocean, but you can't go from one to the other across the ocean on a ship? Because the ocean doesn't really connect them, its just also there. Its the wardrobes intradimensional portals spokes that really connect them.
What happens if you do try to reach another one of the continents via a ship?
"Uplifting an animal species to racehood"
4-5 Depending on the race.
Think you may have accidentally messed up here. Animals generally cost 3-10 points, while the cheapest race costs 20 points. This could be exploited to create a lot of cheap races. I expected something like 10 IP cost, basically, I was planning to take advantage of animals that came into existence via other means to create slightly cheaper races than I would otherwise, since there are a couple of animals around I wouldn't mind uplifting to sapience.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:42:27 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2017, 12:39:55 pm »

Slaughterfish. Never ending swarm of slaughterfish.

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2017, 12:42:47 pm »

Slaughterfish. Never ending swarm of slaughterfish.
Can Slaughterfish fly?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2017, 12:52:11 pm »

Not naturally.

Although attempting to travel beyond the physical borders of a plane will result in a never ending swarm of cliff racers.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2017, 12:55:39 pm »

Not naturally.

Although attempting to travel beyond the physical borders of a plane will result in a never ending swarm of cliff racers.
Insidious

I propose the mortals do their best to harness these never-ending food sources.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:58:45 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13