Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: Planetary Arms Race - Amaok, Strategy Phase 2212  (Read 34667 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Arms Race - Amaok, Revision Phase 2206
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2017, 08:21:18 pm »

Hybrid Pistol:  The internal firing mechanism and barrel of the pistol are hand machined to remove defects inherent in the 3D printing process.  This allows longer ranged and more accurate fire by more closely mimicking the weapon the 3D model was originally based on.

Should I write out exactly what I want from it and I am willing to sacrifice?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2017, 08:37:14 pm »

cheaper shuttles
We concentrate components, like putting all the overloaded cabling together to save space, and then run a single mantenance tunnel through the middle rather than one either side, strip out silly things like legroom or more than one hygiene facility per personnel, andthen just look ingot removing or streamlining anything else that stinks of too much luxury.

This would allow us to attack more than three sites, hopfully securing planets without a fight, since we can't hope to win any fights.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2017, 09:56:36 pm »

Revision: Armoured Space Suit

Armored space suits are fairly simple to create. Layers of Kevlar can be attached to various parts of the suit.
Unfortunately, the simpleness stops there. We're limited to small amounts of Kevlar covering only parts of the body. The X112 Space Suit is already a bulky creation, and we can only add so much Kevlar before making it even worse for a soldier's agility. Ultimately, we ended up putting limited layers in vital areas of the suit.

The new Armoured Space Suit, dropping the X112 designation of old, certainly won't allow our troops to simply tank shots even from the Printed Pistol. Firing tests show that the Kevlar is still penetrated at most firing angles and distances, but it'll significantly decrease the overall harm to our soldiers in the field. When combined with the fact that the suits are still punctured in nearly every scenario, being hit with a bullet is still going to take them out temporarily. But our soldier survival rates are estimated to go up by very notable amounts and for many the time to get back into fighting shape will be reduced.

The enhanced suit will without a doubt help our soldiers in the field. Unfortunately, our limited manufacturing is affecting our ability to field these suits. We estimated 1x Units can be deployed with the suits equipped.

It is now the Strategy Phase of 2206.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2017, 10:17:00 pm »

Plan: We are all going to die and it is everyone else's fault.
Spoiler: Production Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Transports (click to show/hide)
Battle strategy:
Shuttles: If something is going to shoot you down, ignore it, you will die either way, so take a chance!
Troops: If you run and hide you might survive until *lol* reinforcements arrive*Snickering in the background*.
What is the unit mass of A.S.S.?
equipment:
1 W.G.D.E.E.F.: RAM
Destinations:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:03:05 am by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2017, 10:26:25 pm »

Uh, we should probably not equip our troops with a doomsday device that is literally a mile across and on our own home world.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2017, 10:39:12 pm »

We cannot move it and it shall be the most glorious end we can hope for!

Also, it will only blow up a significant portion of the surface of the planet, there may be survivors on the other side...

On second thought, can we just put rockets on it and throw it at another world?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:40:48 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2017, 10:51:47 pm »

It's literally a giant building, like a giant particle accelerator or something.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2017, 10:58:26 pm »

Deploy on A3,B2,C3

That should stop ehh delay any footholds to attack the home colony. Also, what is the best way of getting more transports? Should we produce different types, or can we make as many transports as we want, or is there a cap?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2017, 10:58:53 pm »

We cannot move it and it shall be the most glorious end we can hope for!

Also, it will only blow up a significant portion of the surface of the planet, there may be survivors on the other side...

On second thought, can we just put rockets on it and throw it at another world?
OR we could keep it where it is until we have a usable version. Just a suggestion
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2017, 11:20:35 pm »

But I wanna blow up a planet NOOOOOOOOW!

Deploy on A3,B2,C3

That should stop ehh delay any footholds to attack the home colony. Also, what is the best way of getting more transports? Should we produce different types, or can we make as many transports as we want, or is there a cap?
We have three tranports, they each have four capacity, Troops require 2 capacity, The stuff that the troops are holding mostly uses less than one capacity. I like my plan because it gets us a good hold on the troop-production planet and our best gear on the nicer of the two exotics. I honestly do not believe that we can directly confront the enemy this turn, so two of three lanes is the best that we can hope for. I fully expect to lose A2 without a fight and A3 if they get aggressive. Really, we lose anything that we contend, but I am kind of hoping that A.S.S. might beat them on C2, or at least get us a foothold on the planet.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2017, 11:45:22 pm »

RAM:
The Armoured Space Suit weighs the same as the X112: 1 CU = 3x.

And the Fusion Plant is not something you can equip to your units. Even if that Unit is on Amaok. You also don't assign it to Production Lines. It's a huge building on Amaok which has less of a benefit than a regular power plant and tends to blow up if used.
The ITC also cannot carry any radios due to its weight limit. The radio is 2 CU = 1x, and the ITC cannot load anything with an individual weight above 1 CU, other than Units.

chubby2man:
Transports aren't produced; they're based on your designs. You can design a new transport and assign it to a new production line. You'll be able to use both the max amount of that transport and the current ITC, but at the cost of another production line. Your expense isn't necessarily "How many we have" but rather "How many we can reliably sustain on the field at a time".

EDIT: The thread title should be Strategy, not Revision. Just fixed it.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2017, 12:05:49 am »

tends to blow up if used.
This would normally be my for something that can be equipped to my units. I do not expect them to carry it into battle, I expect them to stand around with their finger on a big red button...
The ITC also cannot carry any radios due to its weight limit.
Oooops, my mistake, sorry, revised...
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Arms Race - Amaok, Strategy Phase 2206
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2017, 12:06:37 am »

Plan: Take the centre!
Spoiler: Production Lines (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Transports (click to show/hide)

equipment:
1 'Take the Centre': Taricus
Destinations:
1 'Take the Centre': Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2017, 12:15:34 am »

I appreciate that there is a lot of sense to that move. If the enemy don't know how to play, or are similarly over-ambitious, then they might play defensively. But I see realy risks of being defeated on every single location there. C2 is the only planet of its kind, the enemy may make a break for it, and if they do, then we will lose it with only a single unit. Bear in mind that our armoured suits, the only advantage we have, doesn't really count when in a breathable atmosphere because they can send their own, equally good, if not better, standard armour there, asuming that they don't have anything better...

We really have to assume that we will lose any contest that we don't swamp with numbers. I want to swamp C2 so that we can get some population growing there and then swamp other locations.

I know I am being a broken record about this, but we really neutered ourselves with that fusion tech that we can't use and by not going for a shuttle revision that would have allowed us to send more units out to at least counter inferiority with numbers. We can't actually achieve anything. Aggressiveness on our part is purely a matter of bluffing and praying that they had the worst rolls imaginable and are just turtling up in terror. The ONLY thing we got was slightly better armour on a single no-breath planet. We are seriously toast in any confrontation.
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2017, 12:26:30 am »

Unless they get large weaponry for their ships, or got much better amour than we have, we'll be fine.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31