Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34

Author Topic: Planetary Arms Race - Moerth, Strategy Phase 2212  (Read 38039 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Arms Race - Moerth, Design Phase 2207
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 05:24:09 pm »

Interplanetary Makeshift Warship (Mk I): (1) NUKE9.13, Shadowclaw777
I mean they could of gotten RNG-screwed or pursued more "innovative" research projects like lasers, improved engines, power sources, and the like. If they were to try to develop something simple like a rifle or better armour than we would of seen it on the battlefield. Unless their design was so shoddy that it wasn't even recommended for the military to introduce them.

I have an idea for our revision, how about another attempt to give the shoddy pistol we have, another try for a extended barrel and switch the fire mode into burst-fire for more bullets down stream while retaining accuracy. Unless our Warship design gets RNG-screwed and we have to revisit it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »

Military Logistics and Organization Structure, for more units.

A warship isn't as critical now, and I don't expect we'll need shiny new guns to take out-of-supply worlds. More units will let us either start taking some worlds behind our lines, or help with overrunning the middle worlds.

Interplanetary Makeshift Warship (Mk I): (2) NUKE9.13, Shadowclaw777
Military Logistics and Organization Structure: (1) Nirur Torir

I expect their new tech was expensive and sent to a resource world. (... a bombardment vessel might be better than unit cap in that case.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 06:30:45 pm »

I approve of Military Logistics and Organization Structure. We will want to get a foothold on as many planets as possible, especially the ones that have resources.

We should also start to talk about propaganda. To hopefully gain the support of the new colony ship, we should definitely say something. Before we start broadcasting however, we should come up with a cohesive story to tell them about our Majestic Moerth, so that we do not contradict eachother. That would be embarrassing.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 06:37:02 pm »

I agree with whoever said it earlier - We're using genetic engineering, since they're using AI.

We have the tastiest GMOs, and have developed strains of chocolate and coffee that can grow here.

Another idea - We could use this lull to develop space infrastructure. Mass drivers, a space elevator, or just an orbital shipyard/dock. I'd vote for this over my +units idea, if there's preference to that over the ship. We'll need it eventually, and it will help with ship design.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 07:21:27 pm »

Can you elaborate on what Military Logistics and Organization Structure would be? It sounds pretty vague and I don't really know what you're suggesting.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2017, 07:34:13 pm »

Bureaucracy, basically.

We don't have much of a command structure, or any real idea of how to keep units on other planets supplied. By fixing these we should be able to field more units.

On the other hand, I'm pretty indecisive and want orbital infrastructure.

Orbital Shipyard: A space station for the construction, repair, and maintenance of ships. It has basic crew amenities and recreation rooms, four slipways, shuttle berths leading to storerooms for materials and supplies, and, naturally, 3D printers. It is powered by solar panels, and has a small array of chemical thrusters to keep orbit. It has only light armor and a small handful of emplacements for future weapon turrets.

Military Logistics and Organization Structure: (1) Supernerd
Orbital Shipyard: (1) Nirur Torir

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2017, 08:26:27 pm »

3D Print Arts, Crafts and Jewelery
Due to the improvement on 3d printers, the whole process has become more accessible to the common citizen of the colony.
Many citizens are reaching out to the new technology and embrace it by designing interesting sculptures as well as jewelery.
The creative pasttime of 3D design has been incorporated into other aspects of society as well. Schools teach young students
how to use the technology and home improvement on an individualistic level has become a common culture aspect of Moerth.
There is celebrations and honorings of the best 3d print jewelers and mechanics and the most important positions of society
are often filled with such designers.
3D Printed themeparks are there to amuse the populace, and the thought of art is generally promoted.
On a more serious side, the technology of 3D printing has a deep impact on all aspects of society. The crafts are revolutionized
by introducing new on the fly parts to build into a broken machine, as well as the ability to create necessary tools in far off regions.
Almost all parts of the industry of Moerth have taken up one technique or the other, and many opportunities are still to have within
Moerth society.
Especially delighting are the very warinspired Moerth Warrior Sculptors. The warrior sculptors are a group of designers and artists
who create very sharp and militaristic looking pieces of jewelery and sculptures on commission. They are quite popular throughout
Moerth and there will be more Vernisages.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2017, 08:29:06 pm »

That's way too close to giving them free intel.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2017, 08:32:07 pm »

That's way too close to giving them free intel.
Is the fluff design open to see to the enemy? I thought this was for the gm to decide if we gained the credit for showcasing our culture.

also:
Interplanetary Makeshift Warship (Mk I): (3) NUKE9.13, Shadowclaw777, Detoxicated
Orbital Shipyard: (1) Nirur Torir
The Makeship Warship is a good start, and I think having something like this early on will be a great boon to our cause.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2017, 08:35:39 pm »

I think it might be a good idea to be honest about the fact that we are currently at war in our propaganda. And maybe tell them that if they don't want to get involved then they should settle an unoccupied planet and that we will let them live in peace there if they do not want to be involved.

That will make us seem more honest than our enemies.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2017, 08:35:50 pm »

Should not have tried to convert an actual image of a 3d printer into a prop poster...

The Warship, as it stands, makes use of homing missiles, which we clearly don't have any precedent for. If we were going for an assault vessel, I'd start it off with auto-cannons based off matrixes off our mk 1.1 pistols.

At this point, I'd LIKE to back a new weapons system (printable disposable rocket launchers, for instance) but I'll back the orbital shipyard since I got my design last time.

Orbital Shipyard: (2) Nirur Torir, Draignean

PPE, hell, why not submit a design.

Javelin Mk1
A lightweight, primarily plastic, dumbfire, disposable recoil-minimal rocket launcher system. Each Javelin consists of a metal reinforced plastic tube around 3 small missiles. The casing has a simple sights and static rangefinder, with three triggers. Each trigger launches a single missile. Each missile is 3d printed and of simple shape.  The explosive packing is a moderate yield charge, sufficient to disable a shuttle with a direct impact, and easily capable of obliterating infantrymen with a near miss.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:39:56 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2017, 08:44:14 pm »

I think the warship is fine for a design. It's mostly about making the missiles and then strapping them to a modified transport, which is pretty much all we need to shoot down transports (and maybe bombard).

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2017, 08:49:40 pm »

That's a awesome looking poster Draigean!

Orbital Shipyard: (3) Nirur Torir, Draignean, Yottawhat
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2017, 08:55:03 pm »

Interplanetary Makeshift Warship (Mk I): (3) NUKE9.13, Shadowclaw777, Detoxicated
Orbital Shipyard: (3) Nirur Torir, Draignean, Yottawhat

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2017, 10:02:04 pm »

If a consensus isn't reached soon, I'll flip a coin between the IMW and Orbital Shipyard.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34