Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 244

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r5  (Read 871052 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.05-r1
« Reply #870 on: February 06, 2018, 10:17:47 am »

would it be possible to expand the right hand side list? i mean in most cases it shows like 10 rows when there's a lot of empty/black space below and i have to scroll down a terribly long list - like when watching a tile's or creature's items or selecting materials for a building.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 06, 2018, 10:18:20 am »

Or "unload -all" to unload all plugins, which should stop most UI changes (except for a few implemented by scripts that create new screens), then "load -all" to load them again. Note that loading them won't actually enable them; you'll have to enable them all manually again, or run "script dfhack.init" to re-run dfhack.init, which would probably work for most things.

These are all the plugins that currently hook into DF virtual methods - usually this affects the UI in some way, but a few might not (like building-hacks). The corresponding "disable" command for convenience:
Code: [Select]
disable add-spatter autochop autodump autogems automaterial automelt autotrade building-hacks buildingplan confirm dwarfmonitor embark-tools eventful fix-armory hotkey-commands manipulator mousequery power-meter rename rendermax resume search siege-engine steam-engine stockflow stockpiles stocks title-version trackstop tweak zone
There's also TWBT - I'm not sure if you're using or counting that, but it can't be disabled once it's been enabled, so if you want to stop that, you do have to restart DF in the process.

Thanks

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 06, 2018, 10:36:38 am »

would it be possible to expand the right hand side list? i mean in most cases it shows like 10 rows when there's a lot of empty/black space below and i have to scroll down a terribly long list - like when watching a tile's or creature's items or selecting materials for a building.
Not easily. That might be better as a DF suggestion (not sure if it's been suggested yet). I know some of the newer sidebar menus support that, as well as some older ones like the "b" and "k" menu (is that what you meant by "watching a tile's items"? It's taking up the full screen height for me in 0.44.05).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 09, 2018, 04:35:34 pm »

I found an error in devel/inject-raws.lua.  I haven't gotten around to figuring out git so I'll just post it here:
line 109: gloves = { df.itemdef_glovest, itemdefs.gloves, 'gloves_type' },
should be: gloves = { df.itemdef_glovesst, itemdefs.gloves, 'gloves_type' },

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 09, 2018, 04:51:51 pm »

Thanks, fixed. It's really the first s that should be added; the "st" suffix is used by a lot of DF classes. The line below had the same issue (should have been itemdef_shoesst, not itemdef_shoest).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 10, 2018, 12:33:55 am »

Alright, so I've asked similar questions before, but this one is a little more concrete. Does anyone know of a way to make attacks able to hit from more than one square away?

I just spent the last hour adding attacks to units in arena mode and changing all the flags and unk variables to try all the various combinations but I had no luck. The attacks only ever connected and generated a report when the two units were within 1 square of each other. It makes me think it isn't possible, but I'm trying to create special skills that can hit from more than one square away and still using the standard attack action (think something like a magic flame whip).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 10, 2018, 01:11:30 am »

teleport to the square away on the tick the attack's going to hit then teleport back to starting location

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 10, 2018, 04:17:48 am »

Alright, so I've asked similar questions before, but this one is a little more concrete. Does anyone know of a way to make attacks able to hit from more than one square away?

I just spent the last hour adding attacks to units in arena mode and changing all the flags and unk variables to try all the various combinations but I had no luck. The attacks only ever connected and generated a report when the two units were within 1 square of each other. It makes me think it isn't possible, but I'm trying to create special skills that can hit from more than one square away and still using the standard attack action (think something like a magic flame whip).
my first idea was the spear. those weapons could only hit an enemy with the point if they were far enough.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #878 on: February 11, 2018, 03:03:20 am »

my first idea was the spear. those weapons could only hit an enemy with the point if they were far enough.
Can't you hit someone with a spear at point blank? You can literally hold the spear right under the blade and shove it in to someone who's just about on top of you. The spear is a bit unwieldy at point blank, but is absolutely not worthless.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 12, 2018, 05:13:38 am »

Can't you hit someone with a spear at point blank? You can literally hold the spear right under the blade and shove it in to someone who's just about on top of you. The spear is a bit unwieldy at point blank, but is absolutely not worthless.
well, using a spear (3m and longer) effective would mean you keep the enemy at distance and if they come closer, you can still hit them with the blunt shaft, but no more stabby stabby.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 12, 2018, 08:50:05 am »

Was it by adding action attack? Because i might be misremembering but i think i had attacks happen which ignored distance by adding a new (or modifying old) action.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 12, 2018, 01:10:14 pm »

Was it by adding action attack? Because i might be misremembering but i think i had attacks happen which ignored distance by adding a new (or modifying old) action.

It was adding an action attack, or more specifically adding an action with type 1 (Attack) and filling in the action.data.attack variables. Works just fine if the units are next to eachother. Doesn't work if they are more than 1 space away from eachother. If you managed to get it to work I would love to know how!

teleport to the square away on the tick the attack's going to hit then teleport back to starting location

Unless Warmist has the magic bullet I think you are right. I worry a little bit about the effects of teleporting away for 1 or 2 ticks, but if it's used sparingly it should be ok

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 12, 2018, 06:32:15 pm »

If you use the function provided in teleport.lua, it should be completely side-effect free

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 12, 2018, 07:29:59 pm »

If you use the function provided in teleport.lua, it should be completely side-effect free

I more meant if the unit was being attacked or shot at and they weren't in the tile anymore they would get a free "dodge" of sorts. Or if they teleported into dragons fire or something like that

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 20, 2018, 04:09:44 am »

How do I use steam engine plugin? Documentation about when it enables itself is very vague, literally "detects custom workshops with STEAM_ENGINE in their token".

So, I need to create a new building with [STEAM_ENGINE] tag? How should I define it? It is mentioned afterwards that power is transmitted through edge tiles "that looks like gearboxes". What happens if I do NOT define tiles to look like gearboxes?

BTW, I use latest LNP if it helps.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 244