Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 244

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r5  (Read 871110 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.05-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #855 on: January 30, 2018, 03:15:08 am »

Does anyone have much experience with dissecting the reports from DF? I am trying to get the units involved in combat reports, for instance we have a combat dodge report "Dwarf 3 attacks Dwarf 4 but she jumps away!". Now I know I can use the report.id and look through all the active units to find which unit has that report.id in their reports field, but what I can't do is figure out which is which. The only thing I could think of would be to compare the names and match them that way, but that would mean I would have hard code each string option.
I've done some report work for multiplayer: probably this is what you are looking for?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #856 on: January 30, 2018, 03:56:01 am »

Does anyone have much experience with dissecting the reports from DF? I am trying to get the units involved in combat reports, for instance we have a combat dodge report "Dwarf 3 attacks Dwarf 4 but she jumps away!". Now I know I can use the report.id and look through all the active units to find which unit has that report.id in their reports field, but what I can't do is figure out which is which. The only thing I could think of would be to compare the names and match them that way, but that would mean I would have hard code each string option.
I've done some report work for multiplayer: probably this is what you are looking for?

I think he wants to know IDs of Dwarf 3 and Dwarf 4 in "Dwarf 3 attacks Dwarf 4 but she jumps away!". If so, maybe you can't do it at all - something happened, the game generated a report, and that's it, only the text is stored.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 30, 2018, 10:21:00 am »

I think he wants to know IDs of Dwarf 3 and Dwarf 4 in "Dwarf 3 attacks Dwarf 4 but she jumps away!". If so, maybe you can't do it at all - something happened, the game generated a report, and that's it, only the text is stored.

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted, but I think you are correct, I don't think that information is stored anywhere, which is disappointing. I wonder if all the report strings begin with the name of the "actor". Since I know which two units are involved I could just check the name of one of them and figure it out from there, maybe?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 02, 2018, 07:04:34 am »

Is there a command that shows the raws of a creature? I just changed my save raws, so that cave dragons will grow to full size in 125 years instead of 1000, and I want to check if newly hatched dragons use the new raws.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 02, 2018, 07:36:28 am »

Raws aren't stored per creature at all, only per race, but you can check the sizes of creatures using gm-editor.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 02, 2018, 08:40:28 am »

Ah, I'll see if I can figure out how gm-editor works.

I'm mostly sure that the newly hatched dragons will have been generated from the new raws.
You saying that raws aren't stored per creature makes me a bit more sure even.
My only doubt is whether eggs/hatchlings are generated from their parent's raws (dunno how much of genetics / hereditary traits is in the game), or just from the normal raws.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 02, 2018, 10:13:13 am »

Changes to the raws didn't affect existing creatures of that race when I tried it, but new ones were affected (in my case I tried to name dogs and cats differently depending on gender).

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 02, 2018, 04:33:36 pm »

What happens is that the saved data of existing creatures will be reinterpreted according to the new raws.  So for example if you change the variation rules (height,width,hair color, etc), existing creatures will keep their
existing variation numbers but new ones will use the new rules; on the other hand if you change say the material value multiplier, it'll change existing creatures too.
You can view the raws the game is using for your race by finding the race id of your creature, then entering
Code: [Select]
for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[RACEID].raws) do print(v.value);endinto the console, replacing RACEID with the number you found.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 04, 2018, 04:23:21 pm »

What happens is that the saved data of existing creatures will be reinterpreted according to the new raws.  So for example if you change the variation rules (height,width,hair color, etc), existing creatures will keep their
existing variation numbers but new ones will use the new rules; on the other hand if you change say the material value multiplier, it'll change existing creatures too.
You can view the raws the game is using for your race by finding the race id of your creature, then entering
for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[RACEID].raws) do print(v.value);endinto the console, replacing RACEID with the number you found.
or printall(df.race.find(raceid)) (AFAIR)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 04, 2018, 06:00:35 pm »

df.creature_raw.find, in fact

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.05-r1
« Reply #865 on: February 05, 2018, 02:04:52 am »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 06, 2018, 08:14:29 am »

I have a question. Is there a way to temporary hide UI improvements brought by DFHack from the game? I mean searches, advanced views, new windows etc.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 06, 2018, 08:35:28 am »

I have a question. Is there a way to temporary hide UI improvements brought by DFHack from the game? I mean searches, advanced views, new windows etc.
- Stop DF
- Disable DFHack
- Start DF
- Do whatever you want to do
- Stop DF
- Enable DFHack

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 06, 2018, 09:52:57 am »

Or "unload -all" to unload all plugins, which should stop most UI changes (except for a few implemented by scripts that create new screens), then "load -all" to load them again. Note that loading them won't actually enable them; you'll have to enable them all manually again, or run "script dfhack.init" to re-run dfhack.init, which would probably work for most things.

These are all the plugins that currently hook into DF virtual methods - usually this affects the UI in some way, but a few might not (like building-hacks). The corresponding "disable" command for convenience:
disable add-spatter autochop autodump autogems automaterial automelt autotrade building-hacks buildingplan confirm dwarfmonitor embark-tools eventful fix-armory hotkey-commands manipulator mousequery power-meter rename rendermax resume search siege-engine steam-engine stockflow stockpiles stocks title-version trackstop tweak zone
There's also TWBT - I'm not sure if you're using or counting that, but it can't be disabled once it's been enabled, so if you want to stop that, you do have to restart DF in the process.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 244