Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 244

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r5  (Read 868604 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3 | 0.47.03-beta1
« Reply #2235 on: March 25, 2020, 05:09:36 am »

How automatically butcher sentient corpses?
This doesn't do it automatically, but does make them butcherable as normal. This thread could be helpful for figuring out how to script making it happen automatically.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 25, 2020, 06:04:07 am »

*ahem* I wonder if, perhaps, a codeblock would also suffice as a substitute?  Like so:
Code: [Select]
...ettlingrPack\df_47_04_win/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:228: Cannot read field abstract_building_templest.deity: not found.
stack traceback:
        [C]: in metamethod '__index'
        ...ettlingrPack\df_47_04_win/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:228: in global 'export_more_legends_xml'
        ...ettlingrPack\df_47_04_win/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:826: in global 'export_legends_info'
        ...ettlingrPack\df_47_04_win/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:879: in local 'script_code'
        ...\DF4704W64VettlingrPack\df_47_04_win\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:680: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
        (...tail calls...)
Yes - in fact, text is usually better, in case we need to copy something from it. (It's a bit annoying to copy from the console on Windows - one way to do it is by right-clicking in the title bar, or maybe in the console too, depending on your Windows version.)
Also, is this a separate bug report? I'm not sure, but I'll double-check that part of the script to see if it's up-to-date.

Edit: your error appears to be related to something accessing the "deity" field, which the current version doesn't do - my advice (if you're experiencing the issue) is to try upgrading.
Was referring to Lewa263's musing, actually, but thanks. However, the problem then becomes either relying on Github (unsure if its to spec like you've stated) or digging for direct download links in the nightlies (worse than useless so far, it's a freaking warren).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: March 25, 2020, 07:53:33 am »

Most scripts work only with the versions compatible with the part of the code they're supposed to work with, and there's no reason at all for scripts distributed with DFHack to explicitly support other versions (i.e. add additional scripting to handle variations). The DF structures have been in a bit of flux since 0.47.04 due to introduction of new background functionality to handle "tagged unions" better, naming essentially unnamed fields ("unknown1b", for instance), and renaming of a few fields with misleading/no longer correct names. This means that grabbing a script newer than the code base you're using will work only if the structures it was written for are included in your older code. A script fixed today for code you grabbed yesterday will probably work, but if the code was grabbed a week ago it depends. Due to DFHack being spread over 3 repositories, updates will be out of phase from time to time, as you need to have the structures in place when scripts using them are updated, and the scripts then have to be imported into the main repository (together with the structures, of course).

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 25, 2020, 08:29:36 am »

Most scripts work only with the versions compatible with the part of the code they're supposed to work with, and there's no reason at all for scripts distributed with DFHack to explicitly support other versions (i.e. add additional scripting to handle variations). The DF structures have been in a bit of flux since 0.47.04 due to introduction of new background functionality to handle "tagged unions" better, naming essentially unnamed fields ("unknown1b", for instance), and renaming of a few fields with misleading/no longer correct names. This means that grabbing a script newer than the code base you're using will work only if the structures it was written for are included in your older code. A script fixed today for code you grabbed yesterday will probably work, but if the code was grabbed a week ago it depends. Due to DFHack being spread over 3 repositories, updates will be out of phase from time to time, as you need to have the structures in place when scripts using them are updated, and the scripts then have to be imported into the main repository (together with the structures, of course).

Translating this into layman's terms, then...(stop me if I've got something wrong here):
As of 25/03, the current Git version is valid for using with Legends Viewer, due to subsequent fixing of the exportlegends issue I reported earlier, correct?

OTOH, the only kind of download links I could find in the nightlies were under 'Build Artifacts' (example) should I not have been doing that?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: March 25, 2020, 08:39:21 am »

"Build artifacts" is exactly where you should be looking; I'll add a note to the builds page.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: March 27, 2020, 07:21:05 am »

A question: Would it be possible to implement a search functionality for the interrogation selection screen? It sounds like it could useful in 47.xx, so you don't have to sift through the entire unit list manually when you want to interrogate suspicious visitors or citizens

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 27, 2020, 09:25:44 am »

I'm not familiar with that - is it an option in the adventure mode dialog menu or somewhere else? We can certainly take a look, although it might require additional research into adventure mode that we haven't done yet.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: March 27, 2020, 09:31:52 am »

More weirdness ahoy, frankly...
Code: [Select]
...op\dwarfplug\df_47_04_win/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:348: Cannot read field historical_entity.unknown1b: not found.
stack traceback:
        [C]: in metamethod '__index'
        ...op\dwarfplug\df_47_04_win/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:348: in global 'export_more_legends_xml'
        ...op\dwarfplug\df_47_04_win/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:906: in global 'export_legends_info'
        ...op\dwarfplug\df_47_04_win/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:959: in local 'script_code'
        ...kwell\Desktop\dwarfplug\df_47_04_win\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:680: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
        (...tail calls...)
...at first, I thought it was something to do with the 'histfig culling' protocol being active versus otherwise, apparently not.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 27, 2020, 09:40:35 am »

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 27, 2020, 09:41:24 am »

I'm not familiar with that - is it an option in the adventure mode dialog menu or somewhere else? We can certainly take a look, although it might require additional research into adventure mode that we haven't done yet.

I meant the justice screen in fortress mode. When you convict/interrogate somebody, that screen will display a unit list on the right side that is a bit awkward to navigate and currently not searchable.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 27, 2020, 09:46:41 am »

Ah! I've investigated that screen before, and that should be easier. Do you happen to have a save where that screen is available? Getting to that point could be a bit time-consuming.

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 27, 2020, 10:38:44 am »

Ah! I've investigated that screen before, and that should be easier. Do you happen to have a save where that screen is available? Getting to that point could be a bit time-consuming.

Not at the moment, unfortunately. I'll upload one if I get there.

Edit: Never mind, I managed to artificially create one by modifying remove-stress to increase stress, so dwarves start tantruming. Here it is: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14969
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:05:21 am by Nilsolm »

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 27, 2020, 03:17:54 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14968

Loaded this save for a totally different issue, but if you want to see a full on Justice event involving investigations then you can check here.

This was started from a visitor stealing an artifact.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 27, 2020, 09:31:46 pm »

I'm hoping to put up a "beta" release soon - we'd still like some help testing scripts on Windows (e.g. I'm unsure if feature and modtools/create-unit work yet) if anyone is able.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14968
Heh, I have this one downloaded already! (Thanks Nilsolm too)

Update: turns out the interrogations list hadn't been identified at all, so that's fixed now. Adding search support should be doable.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:43:43 am by lethosor »

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 30, 2020, 05:56:27 am »

Cheers! Are you planning on implementing it yourself? Otherwise, I'd try my hand at it as I was looking to contribute anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 244