Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467583 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3315 on: March 12, 2019, 06:51:10 am »

Hey, hey. Ed told you to shoot down some planes. Ed technically outranks Tala. You are free to wreck Nazi shit. Free, I say! Free!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3316 on: March 12, 2019, 12:38:38 pm »

"We should definitely move, there's planes above, what if they're planing something?"

Bob will attempt to understand the Norwegian radio chatter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[4]
They seem to be talking about increased mobilization of german forces, particularly planes. It seems that they are looking for something but no one is sure what.

Ed bangs on the tank's radio a couple times.
"Eh? That you Radio? You didn't tell a Nazi spy that we were trying to kill his friends again, did you? Oh alright, I'm coming, I'm coming. What did you break, my friend?"

Hey, Simon! I gotta go do a thing. Shoot down those planes, would ya? Hey! I bet Alice would love to get her hands on one of those. See if you can take out the pilot in a way that causes him to land the plane flawlessly!"

Clamber out of the tank and run off to assist Radio in fixing a lever. Then fix the lever.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)
"Sir, would you mind helping out with some repairs on the train? I'm better at breaking my toys than I am at putting them back together again it seems."

Repair train, hopefully with help of Ed or someone else good at mechanics, then get moving again. Continue trying to understand what them Germans are babbling about.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[4]
Ed gets the train's throttle fixed in less than a minute and Radio immediately gets the train moving again, slowly building up speed.

Shoot at the planes if they come into range, otherwise take potshots at them.
"Sir, would you mind helping out with some repairs on the train? I'm better at breaking my toys than I am at putting them back together again it seems."

Repair train, hopefully with help of Ed or someone else good at mechanics, then get moving again. Continue trying to understand what them Germans are babbling about.
Tell everyone to hold fire (and aim instead) until we get something out of that radio message...then we shoot at them!
Tala saw Radio and heard the stuff over his conveniently placed headspace.

Help with decoding and...lying to the Nazis?
And get in a turret ready to fire (or help in firing).

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Radio tells everyone whats going on with the translation as soon as bob completes it, so Tala mans her turret.

Shoot at the planes if they come into range, otherwise take potshots at them.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
What do you say we get this train moving again?
If those planes get in range of my little ol’ machinegun, light them up.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Man the cannon, and take aim at the incoming fighters.  Reluctantly obey Tala's order to hold fire, but open up and try to shoot down a fighter if they're clearly going to shoot at us, or the others open fire and aren't stopped.

Try to blind the pilots with my mirror.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
[1, 4, 1, 3, 4]
Gwen lights up the sky with a stream of shots but it does nothing more than alert the germans to the train's true intentions.  They immediately scatter and start coming down in swooping attacks aimed at the engine. Carolina lights one of the planes up with a spray of rounds and severs a wing from it in a blaze of burning fuel. It spirals into the forest and explodes. Simon swings the tank's main gun around and...wedges it against the nearest train car. He spends several seconds swearing.  Franek flashes his mirror up at the planes but if it has an effect its hard to say. Tala cuts down a plane as well, shots punching through the cockpit  during its descent and causing the plane to nose dive into the forest a few hundred feet away.

The train has built up a pretty good amount of speed by now and is chugging away happily, but the planes are easily keeping pace with it. Up ahead there is a metal rail bridge stretching over a gorge and its too thin for the train and the tank to pass at the same time.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 12, 2019, 02:13:09 pm »

é assim que fazemos no Brasil!
Keep shooting at planes
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:34:43 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #3318 on: March 12, 2019, 05:50:23 pm »

Continue firing at the planes.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: March 13, 2019, 03:35:22 am »

Succesfully blind pilots with my mirror.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: March 13, 2019, 08:33:57 am »

"See Radio? You stick the rod in the hole and you wiggle it back and forth. that's how levers and sex work."

If it's safe to do so, hop over to the tank and unwedge the cannon. Then shoot Nazi metal birds.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:23:42 pm by Ozarck »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: March 13, 2019, 08:42:30 am »

Hey, hey. Ed told you to shoot down some planes. Ed technically outranks Tala. You are free to wreck Nazi shit. Free, I say! Free!

KEEP FIRING! COORDINATE FIRING!

"They'll be sending more of them if they're in anyway competent to radio back to headquarters now! Please bring up that tank! Someone contact our headquarters for an update!"

If we somehow get clear and there are no enemies for the forseeable future, update the civilians too on our status and where we're...presumably going!

((Really, I'm lost now D:))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: March 13, 2019, 11:04:37 am »

"They'll be sending more of them if they're in anyway competent to radio back to headquarters now! Please bring up that tank! Someone contact our headquarters for an update!"

If we somehow get clear and there are no enemies for the forseeable future, update the civilians too on our status and where we're...presumably going!

We are apparently back in the real world, approaching a railroad bridge.
Nazi planes are attacking. they definitely know we are unfriendly to the Reich, in spite of Ed's glorious and oh so effective disguise.
Train is functional and still full of civilians.
mmm. Think that's it. More Nazi planes might be after us soonish, on account of the radio chatter and the fact that we stole a train of cattle innocent victims from them.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: March 13, 2019, 11:35:17 am »

Simon's voice crackles over the radio.  "Hey Ed!  How about you hop back over onto Isabella, man her turret?  I'm not as good with this thing as you are, and also, I don't think anyone's driving, which miiight be a problem considering I just jammed the barrel into the train.  Uhh.  No worries if you're too chicken to come back, though, I'm sure I can figure this out!"

Attempt to free the turret from the train, and then shoot down a fighter.  While doing so, blindly kick around the crew compartment, trying to figure out if there's actually someone down there, driving.  Hopefully one of the impressionable braindeads.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: March 13, 2019, 12:26:43 pm »

" I don't think I'm all that chicken. I do have a Ducky though. Let me ask him!"
-squeaka squeaka-
"If you say so, Felton."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: March 13, 2019, 04:08:20 pm »

"See Radio? You stick the rod in the hole and you wiggle it back and forth. that's how levers and sex work."[/spoiler]
"Right right, wiggle rod in back hole, got it. Thanks for the help sir."

Can I stop the train safely before we reach the bridge? If yes, stop.
If not, build up speed if safely possible to make our stay on the bridge shorter.
If all planes get shot down without the bridge getting demolished, then steam ahead as well.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: March 13, 2019, 04:17:12 pm »

"If they take out that bridge, we're screwed! Where else can we go?"

Shoot planes with a mounted machinegun if there are any more. If not, Bob will try to shoot them with his BAR.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3327 on: March 21, 2019, 12:25:57 pm »

é assim que fazemos no Brasil!
Keep shooting at planes
Continue firing at the planes.
"If they take out that bridge, we're screwed! Where else can we go?"

Shoot planes with a mounted machinegun if there are any more. If not, Bob will try to shoot them with his BAR.

Succesfully blind pilots with my mirror.

[2,1,1,2,3]
Carolina manages to clip a plane's tail and sends it into a slow left turn, rudder damaged. Gwen fires into open sky for several long seconds until the gun overheats and seizes up. Robert moves to open fire with his BAR but stumbles and accidentally drops it off the moving train. Franek whips his mirror around haphazardly and Tala's gunfire manages only to get near the planes, though that does cause one or two to break out of a dive.

Simon's voice crackles over the radio.  "Hey Ed!  How about you hop back over onto Isabella, man her turret?  I'm not as good with this thing as you are, and also, I don't think anyone's driving, which miiight be a problem considering I just jammed the barrel into the train.  Uhh.  No worries if you're too chicken to come back, though, I'm sure I can figure this out!"

Attempt to free the turret from the train, and then shoot down a fighter.  While doing so, blindly kick around the crew compartment, trying to figure out if there's actually someone down there, driving.  Hopefully one of the impressionable braindeads.

[6]
Simon frees the cannon by forcing the turret to turn, scraping against the train and slightly bending the barrel.  He tries to line up a shot while randomly kicking around with his feet. He finds several hard metal objects with his toes and shins but no squishy complaining objects in the driver seat. Would explain why the tank isn't moving.

"Crap."
[5]
He fires a round straight up into the belly of a plane and it detonates into a cloud of smoke and shrapnel.

"HA!"

"See Radio? You stick the rod in the hole and you wiggle it back and forth. that's how levers and sex work."

If it's safe to do so, hop over to the tank and unwedge the cannon. Then shoot Nazi metal birds.

You tumble out of the train as it starts to build up speed and run back to the tank, making it there only after simon has shot the plane. You crawl inside, duck past his wildly kicking legs, and get the tank into motion.

"See Radio? You stick the rod in the hole and you wiggle it back and forth. that's how levers and sex work."[/spoiler]
"Right right, wiggle rod in back hole, got it. Thanks for the help sir."

Can I stop the train safely before we reach the bridge? If yes, stop.
If not, build up speed if safely possible to make our stay on the bridge shorter.
If all planes get shot down without the bridge getting demolished, then steam ahead as well.

[2]
You pull the brake and the train grinds to a stop over several hundred feet in a squeal of metal and sparks. The train stops just before the bridge.

Overhead the planes swarm around and then suddenly break off, heading south.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: March 21, 2019, 04:09:30 pm »

Any worrisome messages or Nazi chatter over the airwaves?

If not, and no other obvious threats incoming, and no teammates stopping me, then choo choo choo onwards.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3329 on: March 21, 2019, 05:02:49 pm »

Move to a different machinegun.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 228