Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468740 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3210 on: January 17, 2019, 10:34:08 am »

Hug the ground and casually look for an opening.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: January 17, 2019, 01:18:58 pm »

Search Nazi bodies for anything interesting. Do any of them happen to have anti-tank weapons?
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #3212 on: January 17, 2019, 04:25:12 pm »

"I think that was our engine, we might need a new one now."

Check up on the prisoners, make sure there aren't any nazis hiding amongst them.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3213 on: January 18, 2019, 12:22:51 pm »

Scope out the place in more detail.  Is there any high ground where more of the base's internals could be seen from?  If so, move up to one of those, and search for targets vulnerable to incendiaries.

If not, take cover somewhere low, innocuous, and far from Franek/the train tracks, preferably near the de lisle's max range.  Ensure the hiding place is decent, and then pop one of the guard tower's occupants in the head with the de lisle.

The land around here is pretty flat sadly, about the best you can do is to climb a tree.  You do that and start searching the base for targets that look vulnerable to burning. There are some collections of wooden crates, a pile of railroad ties, and several wooden shacks or buildings along the rear.

Hug the ground and casually look for an opening.

The best place right now seems to be over near one of the gates into the station. There's a train currently sitting half in, half out of the station and its cars would provide good cover to sneak past the gate.

A few moments later a fully loaded, very nice looking armored train engine drops from the sky and impacts the train tracks maybe 50 or so feet ahead of where Tala and friends stopped the german train engines. It of course crumples like a tin can and smashes the tracks into uselessness.
"Was that our engine drop? Because I'm presuming orders from high command would not be as badly done as this. Because I'm no Bohring but I can say that's broken, and if that was the way we should have gone, it's made this mission a lot worse.

"Report in everyone? Who isn't here and where is our tank and everyone else?"

Medibag time for everyone who is hurt. Also check/loot the folks I just shot? Hopefully I didn't kill them.
...Any civilians on this train which is totally the train that seems to be the train where the civilians are held?

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
[6]
You walk over to Carolina and take care of her injuries (Carolina Physical back to 0)

Well, considering RC separated the train engines from the train cars, there are no civies on the section you're on. They're all in the train cars behind you.

"I think that was our engine, we might need a new one now."

Check up on the prisoners, make sure there aren't any nazis hiding amongst them.
You, along with several other AFK jerks, check through the train cars holding civilians. There seems to be no nazis mixed in with them, as far as you can tell.

Search Nazi bodies for anything interesting. Do any of them happen to have anti-tank weapons?

The nazis have few weapons, which isn't surprising considering they were the crew of what amounts to a tank.

2 Lugers and 3 magazines
1 SMG and magazine
3 stick type grenades
a med kit
a flare gun and box of flares

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: January 18, 2019, 01:16:17 pm »

Jolly good. Casually sneak/walk by the train cars and inside the base. Try and enter the train.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: January 18, 2019, 02:36:20 pm »

"Was that our engine drop? Because I'm presuming orders from high command would not be as badly done as this. Because I'm no Bohring but I can say that's broken, and if that was the way we should have gone, it's made this mission a lot worse.

Ed pops his head up out of the tank hatch and leans casually on the machine gun, looking down the tracks in response to Tala's questions.

"Yeah, that's fucked. You got it right on the money, Tala! Least it didn't land on *you*, though. Or me, for that matter."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: January 18, 2019, 04:07:12 pm »

Take the sticky grenades. If no one else tries to get them, take all three. If other people want them, leave two up for grabs.
I’m no expert on trains, but would it be possible to make the train engine go backwards?

Edit- I’m a moron who can’t read. I’ll leave the grenades alone, unless they really are “sticky” grenades.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:27:00 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: January 18, 2019, 06:26:26 pm »

"Hey, was that part of the plan? That can't have been part of the plan, right? Now the train's all busted up, what are we gonna do with it?"

Take the flare gun and flares as recompense for all of Bob's hard work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: January 19, 2019, 01:58:06 pm »

Ed pops his head up out of the tank hatch and leans casually on the machine gun, looking down the tracks in response to Tala's questions.

"Yeah, that's fucked. You got it right on the money, Tala! Least it didn't land on *you*, though. Or me, for that matter."
"EDWARD! You have no idea how long I missed your sonorous voice. What's your assessment of the tracks and the airdropped engine? I'm no expert but I think there was an issue with our landing craft or the parachute make. Either way, what's the plan? We should re-hook those cars and the engines...and drive it in reverse with the engines at the rear?

"Can anyone contact our pilot for aerial view of the situation, please?"

My medkit! Get that loot!

Get 2 stick grenades (unlike the Allied forces' grenades, these ones had an explosive on one end, and a 'stick' containing the fuse and all on the other, which kinda helped throwing! It is NOT A "STICKY" grenade, it's just designed differently than Allied "Pineapple" designs)

Check any civilians for wounds, and communicate with them (expend looted medkit or req. medic bags if any are wounded). What's with this armored train, what information do they have and can they brief us? We're Allied by the way and here to get them out.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: January 19, 2019, 04:55:46 pm »

"EDWARD! You have no idea how long I missed your sonorous voice. What's your assessment of the tracks and the airdropped engine? I'm no expert but I think there was an issue with our landing craft or the parachute make. Either way, what's the plan? We should re-hook those cars and the engines...and drive it in reverse with the engines at the rear?

"Well, the engine Alice brought us is completely destroyed, and the tracks ahead are useless. Not that that matters, since we were supposed to attach the engine to the other end of the train and go the opposite direction anyway. There's no reason a train engine can't be run in the opposite direction - they work the same either way.

But we should probably have Alice take at least one engine to the other end of the train. Better to have at least one engine in front to pull and to see ahead. Keep someone in each engine to coordinate stopping and starting."

Ed chuckles to himself a moment.
"Flying a train engine by plane ... into enemy occupied territory, to drop far from an airport carefully onto train tracks.
This was probably the craziest plan we've cooked up yet, and i know crazy. I tried to talk to a lightning the other day. By feeding it body parts."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: January 20, 2019, 01:29:22 am »

Hmm.  None of those sound like great targets, and putting the base on alert would probably get Franek killed again.  Just keep watch with the de lisle ready.  Don't shoot until someone sees Franek, or are looks like they're about to see him; then put a round into their head.  The 'someone', not Franek.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3221 on: January 20, 2019, 12:39:06 pm »

Help figure out whether we can reverse with the train.
Also check if there's a radio on the train.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: January 20, 2019, 04:11:25 pm »

Help put the train in reverse, but be sure to ask the people to get out of the cattle cars first for now in case we can't recouple them smoothly/safely. 

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3223 on: January 23, 2019, 11:33:25 am »

Jolly good. Casually sneak/walk by the train cars and inside the base. Try and enter the train.

Hmm.  None of those sound like great targets, and putting the base on alert would probably get Franek killed again.  Just keep watch with the de lisle ready.  Don't shoot until someone sees Franek, or are looks like they're about to see him; then put a round into their head.  The 'someone', not Franek.

(You and your anticipation of my jackassery is really bringing me down, sy~)
[1][1]
Franek starts walking towards the train yard.

Not crawling or crouch walking. Just walking. Casually even, a sort of lackadaisical stroll. Pretty sure he's even whistling a jaunty tune.  Simon, either out of kneejerk reaction or just utter annoyance, promptly puts a single round straight into the back of Franek's left calf. Franek goes down with a squeal [-1 life, -2 physical] which, luckily, doesn't seem to immediately alert anyone but its clear several guards did hear it.

Take the sticky grenades. If no one else tries to get them, take all three. If other people want them, leave two up for grabs.
I’m no expert on trains, but would it be possible to make the train engine go backwards?

Edit- I’m a moron who can’t read. I’ll leave the grenades alone, unless they really are “sticky” grenades.

Well, they're not sticky. But with the right team and some elbowgrease anything is possible.

The trains can reverse but I'm not sure how well they can function in that fashion. If you're thinking of just backing the train and all its cars across occupied Europe...well I'll have to consult someone with more knowledge on trains than myself.

"Hey, was that part of the plan? That can't have been part of the plan, right? Now the train's all busted up, what are we gonna do with it?"

Take the flare gun and flares as recompense for all of Bob's hard work.

Done.

My medkit! Get that loot!

Get 2 stick grenades (unlike the Allied forces' grenades, these ones had an explosive on one end, and a 'stick' containing the fuse and all on the other, which kinda helped throwing! It is NOT A "STICKY" grenade, it's just designed differently than Allied "Pineapple" designs)

Check any civilians for wounds, and communicate with them (expend looted medkit or req. medic bags if any are wounded). What's with this armored train, what information do they have and can they brief us? We're Allied by the way and here to get them out.

You get the loot you wanted.

There are no civilians you can find who are seriously hurt enough to warrant medical aid. Lots of people cold, hungry, tired, and bearing minor injured like bruises and small cuts but no one bleeding out. You tell them who you are and ask them about the train. They can tell you only that they were taken from ghettos or occupied areas, loaded on the train, and then shipped off. Where they're going and why, they don't know, though many have ideas and theories ranging from deportation to ritual sacrifice.

Help figure out whether we can reverse with the train.
Also check if there's a radio on the train.

You can reverse the train, and there is a radio on it.

Help put the train in reverse, but be sure to ask the people to get out of the cattle cars first for now in case we can't recouple them smoothly/safely. 

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
I'm just gonna give you this one and say you successfully back the train up and recouple it to the traincars.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: January 23, 2019, 04:57:51 pm »

Assist with getting the train moving in the right direction, and then start checking down the cattle cars to try to make sure there are no Nazis in them. Don't shoot non-nazis.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 228