Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468977 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3195 on: January 06, 2019, 06:48:27 pm »

well do that then

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: January 06, 2019, 07:44:05 pm »

jack in another round and helpfully inform the crew that we missed and should adjust our aim. Follow my own advice and adjust my aim to fire at the remaining functional turrets of the train. If I have any idea which engine the friendlies are in, don't shoot that one

Posting my sheet tomorrow at 8, can't copy it in cellphone. Sorry.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 07, 2019, 06:20:26 pm »

Fire at the turrets, if any are still active.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: January 08, 2019, 05:36:12 pm »

Here's Redjive's sheet.  Posted from my phone~

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 09, 2019, 07:24:54 am »

Get up on that train. Also start shrieking for help, promising sex and the pleasures of the dark gods to anyone who would listen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: January 10, 2019, 11:56:59 pm »

'Accidentally' run over the Satanist.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3201 on: January 11, 2019, 03:40:40 am »

well do that then
[1]
Well ok.

'Accidentally' run over the Satanist.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)
I mean, he's already partially up on the train so running him over would entail crashing into the train so...maybe I'll assume you don't want to do that? Civilian casualties and all. Though we totally can if you want to, I'm just assuming you don't want to.

Climb through the window and head towards Carolina, kill all nazis on the way and break any windows that prevent access to the next train engine.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
Bob heads towards Carolina, and assists Gwen in shooting Nazis.Use suppressed 1910

Since I don’t really have anything more specific to do, continue killing, bolstered by my comrades.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
[2][1][2]
Gwen moves into the train car and proceeds to shoot the area around a nazi. Not a nazi, I want to make that very clear. The area AROUND a nazi. Just completely murders the air particles near a nazi. Which I mean...if she was trying to do it would have been impressive. Carolina is more effective (assuming she's using a rifle, which I'm going to) and moves from little gun cube to gun cube, popping the 3 remaining nazis in the back with successive rifle shots. Bob basically just stands around and waits for all this to happen and then, after Carolina and Gwen have moved to bash out the window leading to the last train engine, he has a minor stroke. He squeals and then proceeds to shoot Carolina right in the left butt cheek. As far as injuries goes, its minor [-1 life] but painful [-2 physical].

((Argh, D: things happen, I miss a post, and things keep going on despite the times I am available when it doesn't))

Did I check if there were any civilians in those cars that I pointed out  before decoupling? Because I dislike that I wasn't able to do that--presently or even retroactively.

Because I'm not 'everyone' if I didn't post. T_T

Help anyone onto the train, commence helping out in clearing areas of hostiles, and check if there are any civilians present (but go on supporting allies in the assault or tending to wounded, use best weapon available)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

"check on" is kind of a vague sentiment here, Tala. Check to see they are intact? If there are nazis swarming through the crawlspaces? If the unfortunate civies inside have been given their inflight peanuts and little plastic cups of off brand soda? Also there's like...a bunch of them. Train is big ass long and much full, going through each car would take a bit.

[5]
Tala steps past the butthurt comrades and into the train engine beyond. She spins the locking wheel and flings open the door, moving in and already shooting. She's using a sniper rifle at point blank range and basically just pressing the barrel into nazis and pulling the trigger, using bullets as rather explosive bayonets.  She rapidly clears the entire car like that before switching to a pistol and putting three rounds into the driver. In a few seconds time the last train engine is cleared and, as far as anyone can tell, the train is completely under Allied control.

What was our extraction plan for the prisoners again?

Either way, start combing over the cattle cars for any guards, introduce them to electrorifle and sick dropkicks if found.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
...Are we having an armored train engine flown in to retrieve the decoupled cattle cars?  The words you wrote imply that this is literally what is happening, but my mind is having difficulty with this.

In any case, keep sprinting towards the base where we could, like, steal Nazi train engines.

Our extraction plan was to have ER fly us in a train engine to just hook up to the other side of the train and go back the way it came until hitting allied territory. However....

"Hey, this is Alice to...I guess everyone down there? So as it turns out the button that I thought was to turn off the radio actually released the train engine. So...I guess Duck?  Or like try not to have a train drop on your head?"

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: January 11, 2019, 06:14:18 am »

Gotta go fast, gotta go fast, gotta go faster faster fasterfasterfaster

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 11, 2019, 11:54:56 pm »

Keep running to the base.  Assuming Simon got a decent roll last turn, and gets a third this turn, he should be just about there.  If so, take cover and scope it out from a safe distance.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 13, 2019, 09:24:06 am »

Yell I've got this under control!

...While uh, nobody has a skill for driving trains so...I suppose it's a lever or some sort of thing that slowly speeds us down. Do that!

Also hopefully nobody uncoupled some train cars. That would be horrible.

"ANYONE HELP? Last engine and driver are safe. Need to slow this down for engine recoupling!"

Be careful and do not try to blow up stuff.

Also reload. (Taken ammo out of my stuff for that. Probably got 8 enemies?)

((Pretty sad I'm unaware of many things, like Leodanny's character or Carolina...))

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:32:45 am by Tiruin »

Hotfire90

« Reply #3205 on: January 13, 2019, 02:57:22 pm »

"I'm on it."

Go stop the train.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 14, 2019, 05:15:17 pm »

"O! I-- nothing." Bob begins whistling, and continues to move on.

Pretend that nothing happened, and keep pushing into the next car. Switch to machinegun since Bob doesn't trust himself with a pistol.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3207 on: January 15, 2019, 01:22:07 pm »

Keep running to the base.  Assuming Simon got a decent roll last turn, and gets a third this turn, he should be just about there.  If so, take cover and scope it out from a safe distance.

Gotta go fast, gotta go fast, gotta go faster faster fasterfasterfaster

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
You two reach the edge of the train depot. The place looks....very well defended. Barbed wire fences, patrolling guards, guard towers, AA guns, and you think you might hear dogs somewhere nearby.

"O! I-- nothing." Bob begins whistling, and continues to move on.

Pretend that nothing happened, and keep pushing into the next car. Switch to machinegun since Bob doesn't trust himself with a pistol.

"I'm on it."

Go stop the train.
Yell I've got this under control!

...While uh, nobody has a skill for driving trains so...I suppose it's a lever or some sort of thing that slowly speeds us down. Do that!

Also hopefully nobody uncoupled some train cars. That would be horrible.

"ANYONE HELP? Last engine and driver are safe. Need to slow this down for engine recoupling!"

Be careful and do not try to blow up stuff.

Also reload. (Taken ammo out of my stuff for that. Probably got 8 enemies?)

((Pretty sad I'm unaware of many things, like Leodanny's character or Carolina...))

Together, the three of you manage to figure out how to stop the train engine. Turns out its a lever with "STOP" in German written next to it. Those crazy Krauts and their obscure logic.

A few moments later a fully loaded, very nice looking armored train engine drops from the sky and impacts the train tracks maybe 50 or so feet ahead of where Tala and friends stopped the german train engines. It of course crumples like a tin can and smashes the tracks into uselessness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 15, 2019, 11:17:13 pm »

Scope out the place in more detail.  Is there any high ground where more of the base's internals could be seen from?  If so, move up to one of those, and search for targets vulnerable to incendiaries.

If not, take cover somewhere low, innocuous, and far from Franek/the train tracks, preferably near the de lisle's max range.  Ensure the hiding place is decent, and then pop one of the guard tower's occupants in the head with the de lisle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: January 17, 2019, 10:26:36 am »

A few moments later a fully loaded, very nice looking armored train engine drops from the sky and impacts the train tracks maybe 50 or so feet ahead of where Tala and friends stopped the german train engines. It of course crumples like a tin can and smashes the tracks into uselessness.
"Was that our engine drop? Because I'm presuming orders from high command would not be as badly done as this. Because I'm no Bohring but I can say that's broken, and if that was the way we should have gone, it's made this mission a lot worse.

"Report in everyone? Who isn't here and where is our tank and everyone else?"

Medibag time for everyone who is hurt. Also check/loot the folks I just shot? Hopefully I didn't kill them.
...Any civilians on this train which is totally the train that seems to be the train where the civilians are held?

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 228