Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469464 times)

Hotfire90

Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3000 on: November 11, 2018, 03:06:14 pm »

Keep advancing, move away from the line of fire of the enemy tanks.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: November 11, 2018, 08:29:48 pm »

”ow. My joints...”
follow the Tala/Simon sniper duo! Hide as much as possible without lagging behind too far. Also, see the amount of Nazi’s and the number of everything they have. Using binocular.
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3002 on: November 12, 2018, 01:29:36 pm »

"Toby, why are you here? You don't tank! Whatever, help new tank guy load, will ya? New tank guy, target the tank that just fired on our guys and shoot the cannon. Simon, get up there and ... Simon? Sim... where the hell'd Simon go?"

Evasive Maneuvers. Don't get cannonned, but make sure our guy has a good opportunity to cannon their guy.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
[2]
You push the throttle to full and the tank spins its treads in the soft dirt but doesn't get traction. You pound on the wall nearest you and scream something about the rights of confederation? Its very hard to follow your panicked though processes.

"I'll handle loading, Toby. Spotting's more important."

Man the cannon. Load a HEAT (if we have any) else, load AP. Fire at the tanks, aiming for the turrets.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
You load an AP round and then turn the main cannon to target the distant enemy tanks. [3] After about a second you see the round impact the nazi formation. You can't tell the damage it did because it immediately obscure the area with dust and smoke, but you're pretty sure it hit one of their tanks.

"I do tank! I just stopped for a bit because the injured fellows needed the tank more... actually that's a lie, I stopped because I got kicked out to make space for the injured, I wouldn't voluntarily leave a tank so that someone else can be safe. Anyways, who's gunning? I got dibs if no one else has experience."
Take a quick look through either the gun sight or a periscope or viewport or whatever. If I spot any AT guns (PAK40s, y'know, stationary shit) load an HE shell and either aim the gun myself or direct the gunner towards it. If no AT guns are obviously visible, load AP and start lighting up those enemy tanks.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

I'll assume you did the loading and spotting for Mark, since I rolled him first and he was successful. No reason to reroll and potentially fail, right?

"Alright, everyone!  We've got a path in, use those trees to the south of the tracks for cover, but stay spread out so one cannon can't hit multiple people!  NOW CHARGE!"

Move over to the other side of the tracks, and then start sprinting towards the Nazis, making use of what cover is available.  Once Simon starts nearing rifle-range, he'll slow down and hide, moving far enough from his last position that cannon shots hopefully won't be directed at him, then he'll scope out the enemy position for anyone giving orders, or failing that, emplaced machine guns.  Shoot any officers or emplaced gunners found.

"Alright, everyone!  We've got a path in, use those trees to the south of the tracks for cover, but stay spread out so one cannon can't hit multiple people!  NOW CHARGE!"

Move over to the other side of the tracks, and then start sprinting towards the Nazis, making use of what cover is available.  Once Simon starts nearing rifle-range, he'll slow down and hide, moving far enough from his last position that cannon shots hopefully won't be directed at him, then he'll scope out the enemy position for anyone giving orders, or failing that, emplaced machine guns.  Shoot any officers or emplaced gunners found.
      Stick with this young man, with his silenced sniper rifle, because there is no way we can fail this.

Go along with shooting or spotting for better lethality.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
      [/list]
      Simon and Tala move up, taking advantage of the cloud of dust raised by the Allied tank round. [6,4] They get strafed with random gunfire, but none of it lands and they reach another tree a few hundred feet up the road. Simon scopes the nazi section but can't make out much through the dust.

Get to the trees south of the tracks and advance cover to cover.
      Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
      [5] You make it up to the same area as Simon and Tala, albeit behind a different tree.

"Oh shit! They're shooting at us! But we didn't even shoot at them yet, cheating bastards!"

Bob will attempt to quickly crawl away from others in direction of tracks, and away from other people, but still in the trees. Make a compromise between these three considerations, in an attemp to not be shot at, but also far enough that if he is shot at, no one else will die from the people aiming at him.

Also pw, you've outdone yourself again, that is a gorgeous map.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
      You crawl over to the trees, as close to the tracks as possible while still in cover.

"You gotta get closer! Giveem a taste of the old knuckle duster!"

Keep advancing cover to cover, staying spresd out from the others. Should I come under notable fire, keep in cover until it dies down unless a tank is involved. Then, pop smoke and run further up.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
      You make it maybe 100 feet down the length of the track and hide behind a tree, staying well behind Simon and his gathering group of tag-a-longs.

Try to climb down and join the group in the ground.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
      You untangle yourself and carefully lower yourself down to the ground.

Run towards the train tracks and find a position from which I could easily jump onto the train.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
      You take up position next to Robert.

Doo de doo, I'm a sloth in my tree, don't gotta worry 'bout shit, unless I see a hawk in which case oh shit.

Know what, I'm going to scout farther down the tracks and see what the train's up to, radio that in, and probably just fly home because I'm a lone air transport over hostile territory.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

You turn and fly down the tracks, getting away from the clusterfuck behind you. You can see the switching station maybe 5 miles from the combat zone and you can tell that several of the trains have already shown up and are being linked together. You radio the info in and ask command if you can return home. They tell you to stay where you are for the moment and keep eyes on things. If all else fails you might have to down the plane on the tracks to prevent it from advancing.

"Holy parachuted panic, Edman! Those dastardly ne'er-do-gooders sure got the jump on us!"

Batutsi my way over to some cover, then cut into the German's comms and listen in on their radio chatter.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
      Batutsi eh? Well you find some cover and then listen in. [5] Hmmm well according to the coms the trains are getting ready to go and they're loading on extra guards in case this first attempt fails to repel the would be boarders. Not great news for you.

Keep advancing, move away from the line of fire of the enemy tanks.
      ”ow. My joints...”
      follow the Tala/Simon sniper duo! Hide as much as possible without lagging behind too far. Also, see the amount of Nazi’s and the number of everything they have. Using binocular.
      Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

[1,2]
      You both run forward after the advancing duo but the strafing machine gun fire that misses them finds you. Gwen is hit worst, taking a round straight to the thigh and going down in a puff of red [Life to -1]. Jimmy is only clipped by the shot that hits him, losing his helmet and staggering to the side. [Life to 0].  Both of them end up face down in the grass between cover.

Another tank round comes screaming out of the now settling dust but it goes far wide and misses everyone.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
      • 200 versions of the same catboy
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3003 on: November 12, 2018, 01:50:15 pm »

"Looks like a good shot! We keep this up and we'll be out of here in no time."
      Load the next shell, gunner's choice. If there is an MG that I can access without stealing anyone's seats, do so, and start spraying down the enemy infantry.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
      • I want to be your blahaj.
        • View Profile
      Re: 888th Brigade
      « Reply #3004 on: November 12, 2018, 02:07:25 pm »

"Well great, am I ever going to fly a plane for this outfit that I'm not ordered to intentionally crash?"

I'm tempted to fly up to one of those tanks and hit it with my sword jump out and hijack it crush it beneath my glorious wings, but it's probably best if I keep being an eye in the sky for the time being.

Ask HQ if we could get reinforcements of some sort, seeing as we're facing more resistance than expected.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
      « Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 07:28:19 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
      • DiceBane
        • View Profile
      Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
      « Reply #3005 on: November 12, 2018, 06:37:00 pm »

Evasive Maneuvers. Don't get cannonned, but make sure our guy has a good opportunity to cannon their guy.

((we could drop a cannon round onto the tracks. that'd be as effective as crashing a plane on it. probably.))

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      Re: 888th Brigade
      « Reply #3006 on: November 12, 2018, 07:19:09 pm »

Go find some cover behind a tree that's near the rest of the group and analyze the current situation.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
      The dog behind the man behind the beard.
      Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
      You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3007 on: November 12, 2018, 07:29:22 pm »

Take a few shots at the german ranks from a prone position, then crawl down the tracks a bit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
      « Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:08:44 am by Strider03 »
      Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
      And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
      • Ah
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3008 on: November 12, 2018, 08:42:16 pm »

(I have a HELMET? When?)
      get down and crawl to cover! Help Gwen move and bandage her leg or something.
      ”Oh, those were just lucky shots. We’re not going to die, we aren’t! I hope.”
      Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
      • Wannabe Shitposter
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3009 on: November 13, 2018, 01:42:08 am »

Crawl towards the changing station and the trains.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
      I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
      It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
      There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3010 on: November 13, 2018, 11:30:33 am »

"The only one who's going to die right now is the fucker that shot me!"

Get into cover and then be treated. Once I'm in cover identify the one who shot me and fire at them.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
      • Requires music to get through the working day.
        • View Profile
      Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
      « Reply #3011 on: November 13, 2018, 11:59:18 am »

Move up behond Simon's crew, staying wide of them and in cover. The goal is to close aggressively on the German camp.
      Should tanks start targeting me, toss smoke and run the fuck away into hiding.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
      « Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:19:26 pm by Doomblade187 »
      In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
      One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
      • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3012 on: November 13, 2018, 02:45:37 pm »

Batutsi eh? Well you find some cover and then listen in. [5] Hmmm well according to the coms the trains are getting ready to go and they're loading on extra guards in case this first attempt fails to repel the would be boarders. Not great news for you.

"Guess what boys and girls, that there train is getting ready to roll and it ain't going to party town, so let's make sure it won't be going anywhere fast!"

Attempt to confuse the Germans by impersonating one of their commanding officers over the radio and ordering them to delay the departure of the train.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
      « Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:34:30 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
      Quote from: you know who you are
      21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
      Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
      • Requires music to get through the working day.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3013 on: November 13, 2018, 04:19:43 pm »

Action edited.
      In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
      One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
      • I want to be your blahaj.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3014 on: November 13, 2018, 07:26:31 pm »

"Hold up, if they knew we were coming, why not just delay the transport to make sure we can't intercept it? Sounds like they need to send the train as soon as possible. I don't like the sound of that."
      Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 228