Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469374 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2940 on: October 26, 2018, 01:16:57 pm »

So.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: October 26, 2018, 02:34:37 pm »

so

Hotfire90

« Reply #2942 on: October 26, 2018, 03:01:52 pm »

So

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: October 26, 2018, 03:04:44 pm »

La
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: October 26, 2018, 04:55:56 pm »

What's my role supposed to be on this mission, bones? I'm still a pilot, and it sure sounds like you're not giving us a plane to use, but I can do some engineering stuff. Don't tell me I'm supposed to kill the enemy, because I still have just a pistol and no greater than 50% chance of hitting anything. If you want me to run in and assault the enemy, you have to at least give me a shotgun to work with or something.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: October 26, 2018, 05:20:58 pm »

So So

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: October 27, 2018, 09:54:38 am »

So, a needle pulling threeeeaaaaaaad!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2948 on: October 27, 2018, 10:46:43 am »

What's my role supposed to be on this mission, bones? I'm still a pilot, and it sure sounds like you're not giving us a plane to use, but I can do some engineering stuff. Don't tell me I'm supposed to kill the enemy, because I still have just a pistol and no greater than 50% chance of hitting anything. If you want me to run in and assault the enemy, you have to at least give me a shotgun to work with or something.
You wanna fly the plane in? We're bound to hit some flak before we reach the drop point.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2949 on: October 27, 2018, 08:26:10 pm »

So.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: October 27, 2018, 08:50:15 pm »

Good enough.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: October 28, 2018, 06:00:45 am »

Buy that strange armor jacket thingy that gives life (-150!)
Tala figures that if she is better off armored and living, then she can help other people be living! She decides to forego that Valkyrie medal because in the heat of a firefight, it's one general action only :<

Any questions?"
"What about radio contact? You mentioned dropping us some engines so I expect there would be some form of communication between us and Command? We only have one person who specializes in explosives and traps and even then, wouldn't we be at the mercy of the rails in our escape?"
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: October 28, 2018, 10:02:37 am »

So!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2953 on: October 28, 2018, 12:28:57 pm »

Buy that strange armor jacket thingy that gives life (-150!)
Tala figures that if she is better off armored and living, then she can help other people be living! She decides to forego that Valkyrie medal because in the heat of a firefight, it's one general action only :<

Any questions?"
"What about radio contact? You mentioned dropping us some engines so I expect there would be some form of communication between us and Command? We only have one person who specializes in explosives and traps and even then, wouldn't we be at the mercy of the rails in our escape?"
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

You should have radio contact. Unless something unforeseen happens that somehow blocks the signal or you all break your radios or something.

Yes, I have a couple questions. Do we have an idea of how many Nazis will be guarding the train? Also, what kind of environment are we dropping into, like will there be a lot of building or trees?
Buy a new helmet for 30 GLORY, inspect the Nazi medal.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Ok.

Is it the weird medal that there have been several of already? The swirly one?

So Alice is going to fly the plane to our drop off point. Good for her. Here's hoping she doesn't get you all horribly killed. I'm giving her a co-pilot to take the plane back after she drops with the rest of you. And maybe to stop her from doing the dumb things.

From the ship its a quick ride over to a temporary airbase and then onto one of the Douglas C-47 Skytrains. Unlike a lot of the 888th kit, this plane must have been requisitioned from somewhere recently because it has no modifications, extra armor, or even a different paint job. And for the most part the flight in was quiet; the path chosen by command routed around most of the heavily fortified areas and instead took a high, long path over a lot of farmland and open country. Its only near the drop off point where they were required to cross over an occupied city and face the fury of german flak.

[2] Alice navigates carefully, passing through cloud banks and moving in an erratic, hard to predict fashion, driving and ascending as she serpentines, effectively avoiding all but the smallest nicks and chips from flying shrapnel.  A few minutes later and they're over the chosen drop point. However, something is wrong; as they come in to the drop zone they can see ground troops waiting for them below, clustered in the area around the track. Alice calls in command and gets two options: Drop anyway and fight the troops directly, or circle round, drop a while off, and then move in and engage on the ground.

Alice, in control of the plane, has the final say here.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: October 28, 2018, 12:56:53 pm »

I put on one of my fancy hats. Then I jump first.
Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:14:57 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 228