Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469320 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2925 on: October 23, 2018, 09:49:43 am »

Train heist sounds fun to me.

Hat: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2807/5202/products/Stetson-Sunset-02b_1024x1024.jpg?v=1516914007
Spent 5 GLORY on a hat! Woo! Also buy 1 smoke grenade for 10 GLORY.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Train Heist Knife Style. Buy a smoke grenade for 10 GLORY.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Requisition a medic bag and get 2 levels of medical training!
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

OK.

Hum.  Alice has 380 glory.  Simon has 230.  HMM.

Train job sounds great.  Since vehicles are generally crewed and used by multiple people, could we pool glory to buy one?

On a completely unrelated note, how much glory does a parachute cost?  Edit: And how much for a tank-sized parachute?  Is the 888th brigade even badass enough to paradrop a manned tank, and have both it and the crew survive the experience?

...Oh, and Simon will use his camo skill to completely paint his tank in woodland (?) camo appropriate to the area we'll be operating in.  The only exception is that he'll write "Isabella Hate-Tread" in feminine blue cursive atop the hull, because that is now her name.

I'm pretty sure I said no GLORY pooling in the past.

Man sized parachute? 50.  Tank sized? 150.

You can do that, yes. But it will be a roll to see how well it turns out.

When I said Valkyrie I meant
Resurrectionist: Go beyond the bounds of normal medics. So long as the body is not gibbed (-3 life) and you reach it in time (3 turns max, but lowered by 1 for each -1 life past 0) you can return them to life with 1 Life, Physical, and Mental.
Hum T_T Guess I'll save up GLORY for a new character, or is it possible for me to shift out and remake one while passing over requisition works to her? Or is it possible to just respec everything since I gained nothing but requisitions and 300 GLORY?
Train job is good. Any note of GLORY cost for armor?
Depends on the kind. For instance, its uncommon but the soviets did use what they called a "Steel Bib"

I could sell you one of those for 150 and it would provide more LIFE.

Unspent GLORY can be transferred between an old character and a new one.

I was kinda hoping for a little more GLORY for the fireball that killed the nazis inside the fort, but I guess it was more of a bad thing that a good one since the officers said to leave the fort intact instead of scorched.

So, this means I get 250 GLORY for the mission, right? I want to save to buy a medal, which are 350, so I won't be buying anything. Is there anything else I can do between missions?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
Probably not, I'm gonna try and get this mission moving fast without much fucking about.

I don't recall if PieceWise cleared my question up, or confirmed my purchase list, so here it is again:
Requisition 3 Satchel Charges and a pistol, however for personal reasons I would prefer said pistol to take the form of a Webley .455 revolver. PW, may I negotiate additional risk per shot to make up for the lower ammo count? 120 GLORY spent, 150 remains.
Character sheet to be modified once my purchase is confirmed.
As a note: Webley is a 6-shot revolver well known for it's stopping power (especially when chambered in .455). I am fond of the gun for reasons unknown even to myself, so I would greatly appreciate being able to use one, even if I have to pay 10-20 extra glory for the extra stopping power.
Also, train pistols to lvl 1. 50 GLORY remaining. How much is two clips of ammo for a Webley?

Any revolver ain't gonna get above 3 unless its a hellboy style custom that chambers high caliber rounds or something.

How much would a bardiche cost? How much for a trench club? How much for a flak jacket? And most importantly, how much for rollerskates?

I will also get a gasmask (30), a helmet (30) and TWO fancy hats (10).

BTW the fat flamethrower man needs to be added to the Wall of Remembrance.
Le Florian lives on in my heart.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
200, 100,  I don't think flak jackets provide Life bonuses right now....An oversight on my part.  50.

Making up the mission. Gonna try to get the start out here soon since I'm going to be out of town for like a week

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: October 23, 2018, 09:57:02 am »

I don’t need to re-buy the armor, right?
In any case, I’m upgrading explosives skill from +2 to +3 for 300 GLORY
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Forgot to bold this the first time. Sorry about that.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: October 23, 2018, 10:28:37 am »

I don't recall if PieceWise cleared my question up, or confirmed my purchase list, so here it is again:
Requisition 3 Satchel Charges and a pistol, however for personal reasons I would prefer said pistol to take the form of a Webley .455 revolver. PW, may I negotiate additional risk per shot to make up for the lower ammo count? 120 GLORY spent, 150 remains.
Character sheet to be modified once my purchase is confirmed.
As a note: Webley is a 6-shot revolver well known for it's stopping power (especially when chambered in .455). I am fond of the gun for reasons unknown even to myself, so I would greatly appreciate being able to use one, even if I have to pay 10-20 extra glory for the extra stopping power.
Also, train pistols to lvl 1. 50 GLORY remaining. How much is two clips of ammo for a Webley?

Any revolver ain't gonna get above 3 unless its a hellboy style custom that chambers high caliber rounds or something.
Whatever risk seems reasonable to you. I just wanted a little more risk than the standard pistol, to make up for the low ammo count. Perhaps 3 risk at close range (like 10-20meters), and then 2 risk at all other ranges? Or something?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: October 23, 2018, 10:37:12 am »

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: October 23, 2018, 10:43:30 am »

How much is ammo for the pistol? I'll edit GLORY accordingly
Spoiler:  Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:03:29 am by Redjive_Industries »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2930 on: October 24, 2018, 08:01:24 am »

Ready for the next mission, whenever it starts.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: October 24, 2018, 08:06:35 am »

Might I know the current in-game date? Depending on what it is I might be able to reach into my ridiculous amount of WW2 knowledge to find an interesting historical incident, if you don't have any ideas yet Piecewise. Or I'll just have a good guess as to what the next mission will be, if you've already decided.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: October 24, 2018, 10:09:25 am »

I know you want to rush us through, but debriefing please.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: October 24, 2018, 10:18:03 am »

Oh, there's a full debrief? Sorry.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2934 on: October 25, 2018, 11:42:53 am »

I don’t need to re-buy the armor, right?
In any case, I’m upgrading explosives skill from +2 to +3 for 300 GLORY
Forgot to bold this the first time. Sorry about that.
Not if you bought it with GLORY

How much is ammo for the pistol? I'll edit GLORY accordingly
Spoiler:  Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)

Extra ammo for weapons varies, for a pistol like 5 GLORY a refill.

Debrief
The team, once it reaches the entrance to the bunker basement, find the world above quite different. The upper level of the bunker is entirely gone, with the hilltop scorched black  and half melted. There are troops coming up the road in trucks and one separates from the group and rumbles over to the team. Brigadier General Bone hops out of the back and looks around thoughtfully before walking over. 

"You lot don't do things by halves do you?"  He says before gesturing to men behind him to start loading the injured into the truck. "Come on, I get the feeling whatever you have to say for yourselves isn't the sort of thing that should be said out loud with so many people around."

From there its a short ride back to the shore and the boats, with the tank coming along in tow. Once everyone is back on the St. Elijah and their wounds are treated, they gather in the mess hall and recount the events of the mission to Bone directly.

"Well, that's certainly different.  Though it matches with some of our understanding of the lightning based technology; that stuff has no right to act like it does without something unnatural at work. " He says, scratching his chin. "In any case, I've gotten some information back from men I left to explore the ruins.  They appear to be Macedonian in nature, though they're rather out of place in multiple ways. Not sure what they had in there but judging from everything you told me it was either part of whatever was drawing the lightning down on you or perhaps a smaller version. Maybe a child, if they follow those kinds of rules.  In any case, we now know that either they need human organs to function or it acts as some sort of payment for them. This explains why the Nazis have been harvesting organs from just about everywhere.  Explains those kids. Explains an awful lot, though not in a way I would prefer. It also must be related to....that project." He says the last part after some hesitation.

"In any case, considering the circumstances and the fact that Thor seemed to have it out for you, I'm going to cut you some slack on the destruction of the base. If the higher ups ask we'll say the Germans blew it up to prevent us from taking it. Its not completely untrue, after all.  Its just too bad we couldn't keep that thing in the room; would have been a useful asset, potentially. Or maybe a deadly mistake. Academic now, I suppose.

Good work out there everyone. Get some rest. I'm sure we'll have more work coming to us any day."

Days pass. Wavy time passing filter and jingly sound effect here.

Briefing

"Welcome back. We've got new orders. I'm not certain how much you all are aware but we have got reports of work camps and prison camps in German where the 'undesirables' are being taken enmasse. We don't know much about the details of them  but what we do know is not good. So we're gonna try and stop anyone else from being sent there.  Thats our mission today. There are 6 trains coming from various locations to the camp in Germany.   Up until now they've been on separate tracks and coming from all over but soon they will reach a switching station that will put them all on one track into Germany.  Thats when we want to hit them. Of course taking over a train filled with hostages without injuring the hostages is too easy so we're adding  a little something more fun to the mix: Once you have the trains we're going to have you drive them back out of occupied territory. We can't exactly get 14 thousand prisoners out of enemy territory on foot so this is basically the only option we have. The plan is this:

First, we drop you ahead of the trains so that you can ambush them and take control. Once you have them under your control, you need to stop them and unhook the engines. From there, we're going to bring you some Engines of our own which will attach to the opposite side of the trains and allow you to drive them back out of occupied territory. We don't expect that the Germans will give you to hard of a time since all you're doing is stealing civilian prisoners, but you never know.  We've plotted a route for you to take that should avoid any highly militarized zone...or at least as many of them as possible.

Any questions?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: October 25, 2018, 01:04:34 pm »

Yes, I have a couple questions. Do we have an idea of how many Nazis will be guarding the train? Also, what kind of environment are we dropping into, like will there be a lot of building or trees?
Buy a new helmet for 30 GLORY, inspect the Nazi medal.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: October 26, 2018, 07:08:57 am »

*Toby mumbles something that sounds like 'armite mach fry'* "Yes sir. What's the acceptable casualty limit? There's no way we're getting all of these people out through occupied territory without some issues. Also, can we take the tank? Seems like a good way to get close without raising too much suspicion."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2937 on: October 26, 2018, 12:44:38 pm »

Yes, I have a couple questions. Do we have an idea of how many Nazis will be guarding the train? Also, what kind of environment are we dropping into, like will there be a lot of building or trees?
Buy a new helmet for 30 GLORY, inspect the Nazi medal.

Ok.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2938 on: October 26, 2018, 12:45:00 pm »

If you've got no questions and are ready to go, just say so.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: October 26, 2018, 12:49:30 pm »

So
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 228