Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468990 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2850 on: October 10, 2018, 12:00:30 pm »

You play some soothing sounds of nature. Hopefully Tala can hear them, 100 feet away, in a semi-dead state.
Hear this.

Also what's my current status? Am I able to act? Because if I can, please let me attempt healing on myself or others with the least Health.
Because my posts haven't been quoted since 3 turns ago.

Hopefully if ever, the wounded are protected in the tank, and even then. (Can I try sensing for hostiles, sans the prisoner? Via dreams?)

Because being incapable for the rest of a mission is horrible and that is why I've been mentioning going for Valkyrie :V

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2851 on: October 12, 2018, 12:09:02 pm »

Assuming I regain sight and hearing this round, get up and head out to the tank. Else continue sitting and smoking.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
[1]
I was basically gonna give it to you on even a 3 but...well.  You drop your cigarette on your crotch and blindly flail for several seconds making high bitched girly noises. You can't tell you're doing so because you're deaf but...you do.

Bleed on the German, get him in the eyes! Bob wants to intervene!? I bleed on him too!

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
Bleed on the German, get him in the eyes!

"He's a prisoner, relax! We can stick him out the top of the tank if any germans approach, give us a second to swing the turret around!"

Attempt to stop Franek from bleeding on the prisoner. Bob isn't sure whether that's against any wartime codes, but he doesn't want to find out with a court martial. Oh, and after this, leave the tank if there's no one else who needs to be booted more.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Franek starts clawing his way across the tank, using only his arms. He screams obscenities and and flails his leg stumps, covering the tank it bits of crusted blood. Bob gets behind Franek and puts him in a full nelson, whispering soothing limericks in his ear.  Franek chews the air and continues to flail, raking has fingernails through empty air near the german's face.

"Alright, everything went better than expected. Hey Simon, maybe I should go out and help with the medic-ing?"
Start asking the prisoner some questions about stuff, like the best way to leave, and if there are any hidden medicine caches around.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

You carefully interpose yourself between the prisoner and Franek. [3] You try your best to get some info but about all you get is that the best way out is up the elevator.

Try to move the wounded into the safety of the tank. It's certainly safer than letting them outside where the rest of the team is.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
Try to move the wounded into the safety of the tank. It's certainly safer than letting them outside where the rest of the team is.

Help this man.
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Transport Tala into the tank.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
You three carry Tala back to the tank between yourselves. You don't have a stretcher so you do the best you can with jackets and shirts. You carefully lower her down into the tank with Simon's help.

"Well, they stopped murdering each other, so whatever effect there was seems to be easily resisted.  Sure, Gunny, you're free to leave.  Bring the Nazi with you, he's crowding the tank, and William's right, the wounded should be in there."

Exit the tank, and put down the rifle, but keep the trench knife drawn.  Punch out anyone who attempts to murder a wounded ally.

...Also, try and drag healthy people out of the tank, to make room for the wounded.  Those with +2 or +3 first aid/medical skill can stay.

You drag Tobeis and his prisoner out of the tank and deposit them next to the treads.

"Tanks are for friends, not prisoners. Also if he stays in there Franek is going to eat him."

You then help get Tala down into the tank, prop her up in one of the gunner seats, and stay on guard.

You play some soothing sounds of nature. Hopefully Tala can hear them, 100 feet away, in a semi-dead state.
    Hear this.

Also what's my current status? Am I able to act? Because if I can, please let me attempt healing on myself or others with the least Health.
    Because my posts haven't been quoted since 3 turns ago.

Hopefully if ever, the wounded are protected in the tank, and even then. (Can I try sensing for hostiles, sans the prisoner? Via dreams?)

Because being incapable for the rest of a mission is horrible and that is why I've been mentioning going for Valkyrie :V

You're awake and semi-mobile but so badly burnt that standard first aid ain't gonna cut it for much. We'll try it anyways.
    [2] You can't even really keep hold of the bandages, your hands are numb, bloody and don't quite work right.

Catch my breath, check all my weapons to see if they’re in working order.
    Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
    They are. Luckily the only thing broken is your hand.

It's the thought that counts.

Either way, try to recover enough so I can at least walk again, then go inspect the magic room that ElectroGal busted out of. Then go inspect the elevator and our way back up, can we get back without too much hassle? If no recovery incoming, just lie around doing nothing I suppose.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
    [3] You get enough of your sight and hearing back to stand up and walk into the former demon room. The room looks much the same as before, but completely  burnt. The walls are black, the dust is now a fine layer of ash coating everything, there are lichtenberg figures etched into basically every surface. You wander out, leaning on the wall to keep your balance, and head all the way back to the elevator. The tank could probably drive up the ramp if it needed to and people could climb it, but the elevator still looks to be in working order. The lights are all on and all, surprisingly.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
    • Ah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2852 on: October 13, 2018, 01:39:15 pm »

Feed tala her ration food, give her the radio, and follow her instructions for healing her. Then, yell encouraging things at everyone.
    ”Here ya go, tasty food.”
    Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:46:24 am by Leodanny »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • Requires music to get through the working day.
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
    « Reply #2853 on: October 13, 2018, 01:59:27 pm »

"Lets goo."

Stand by to operate the elevator. Stay out of the way of the tank. Help people carry Tala if need be.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
    In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
    One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
    • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2854 on: October 13, 2018, 03:00:24 pm »

Simon sits down next to Tala, still holding his trench knife, and smiles endearingly down at the woman.

"Sorry this happened to you, Tala.  Wish I could help, but my talents are more in taking people apart, rather than patching 'em up.  Ah well.  I know you prolly feel pretty bad, but if it's any comfort, I think you still look... hot, ehehehe.  ...Sorry.  Couldn't resist."

Maintaining standing order to use the trench knife to knock out anyone who starts to try and murder Tala.  Otherwise, just talk to her, try and keep her mind off of her injuries.  Simon will not be driving the tank anywhere, nor will he let anyone else, unless he thinks they're qualified.  I.E. are either Ed or Alice.  Last thing we need to do is flip the tank full of half-dead people...

Oh, and Simon will give Tala and Jimmy his ration.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
    • DiceBane
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
    « Reply #2855 on: October 13, 2018, 04:19:32 pm »

Blind, deaf, alone in the burnt out husk of a demon summoning room, pants on fire, no cigarette, -1 mental.

Ed does the only thing he can do: he squeaks his rubber ducky for comfort.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2856 on: October 13, 2018, 04:26:45 pm »

Head to the elevator.
    Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • 200 versions of the same catboy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2857 on: October 13, 2018, 09:59:23 pm »

"Alright I'm out of excuses to stay here, time to make room for all the half dead people. And I just finished padding the gunner's seat too..."
    grumble pointlessly about Simon having me give up my relatively safe tank spot for Tala. I want to keep the prisoner safe, and there isn't room for both of us, so someone else can take the gunner's seat.
    "Oh yeah, Jerry says the best way out is back through the elevator. That'll be fun..."
    drag the prisoner into a corner and attempt to interrogate him further; literally any useful information. For example, what's going to be waiting for us topside, since I doubt the Germans are going to let us out after seeing their lightning creature. Also ask the prisoner what his name is. I'll call him Jerry either way, but I want him to feel important, and useful.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade
    « Reply #2858 on: October 13, 2018, 10:05:06 pm »

Watch over the wounded and wait for the tank driver to get us out of here.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
    Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
    You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2859 on: October 14, 2018, 02:06:37 am »

Take samples of ash and such in the demon room, then make sketches of how the place looks right now and the machinery. Be thorough.

After that, let’s-a-go to the surface.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
    Quote from: you know who you are
    21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
    Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
    • Seeker of Knowledge
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2860 on: October 14, 2018, 05:23:50 am »

Is the exit still too hot to leave, or has it cooled down?
    Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
    I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2861 on: October 14, 2018, 02:16:44 pm »

"I think the painkillers are gettin to ya, bud. Try to calm down a bit, okay? There'll be plenty of germans to bleed on later, angrier ones."
    Assist in getting the tank out of here. Whether that's by encouragement or what, who knows.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
    Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
    And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • Life is too short for worries
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2862 on: October 15, 2018, 07:03:27 am »

Feed tala her ration food. Then, yell encouraging things at everyone.
    ”Here ya go, tasty food.”
    Simon sits down next to Tala, still holding his trench knife, and [remains a decent person].
    You're awake and semi-mobile but so badly burnt that standard first aid ain't gonna cut it for much.
    Verbally instruct people on the use of the medic bag; ensure they understand before they even try applying it onto me.
    As in anyone who can competently understand me at the moment. It's going to be slow healing, but directing them is something I believe I can do.

Also compliment the folks.

"Despite everything, thanks for looking out for everyone. If you can hand me the radio or position it right next to me, I can be in charge of contacting command. Still want to be useful here."

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
    • Ah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2863 on: October 15, 2018, 08:45:33 am »

”Eat the food and I’ll give the radio to you.”

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • Wannabe Shitposter
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2864 on: October 15, 2018, 09:58:39 am »

Grumble. Try to go to the elevator without accidentally getting crushed by a tank.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
    I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
    It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
    There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
    Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 228