Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468396 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2790 on: September 30, 2018, 12:49:46 pm »

"She stole our--I mean your--tank, Simon! Carolina, you need to convince her to let us back in the tank!"

Ponder whether Carolina will be able to "convince" Alice, and if not, consider whether anyone brought grenades. But don't say anything on that matter, and don't act on that thought.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its possible. She might be able to convince her. Maybe.

Look at the guidance goblin. Stand in front of the viewport, and say some stuff
”Hi person do you want to to let the angry insane man in?  He seems liable to stab people if you don’t.”
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

You talk to Alice. She listens. Probably.

Whap the guy abusing the prisoner of war, preferably lightly.
Then toss that guy some extra clothing because seriously :v We need some stat governing decency.

Because I'm totally spending an action doing that than probably doing something to forward our conundrum at the present.

"Radio, match the intonation that Edward just said. If we can't get the language, we can get the tone. We're not beating up a defenseless man who is aligned with our enemy when he can't handle the everything."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
"She stole our--I mean your--tank, Simon! Carolina, you need to convince her to let us back in the tank!"

"Yeah, Carrie!  You'll probably have to wait if you want privacy though, we kinda need to interrogate the Nazi right now."

”Hi person do you want to to let the angry insane man in?  He seems liable to stab people if you don’t.”

"Hey!  I'm not angry!  I'm actually having a fair bit of fun, this is the first time today that I don't have to worry about killing the Nazis before they kill me!  And I've only ever stabbed people who tried to kill me, or were about to try, or would've tried if they saw me."

Whap the guy abusing the prisoner of war, preferably lightly.

Parry this, with the trench knife, then riposte with a preferably harder (but still nonlethal) whap.  Simon would totally have been threatening the Nazi with the knife, not a pistol; the pistols are really just ornamental.  Let the Nazi get dressed, though, after making sure any clothes Tala throws are free of weapons.

"And I'm not insane, either!"

Edit: When Alice opens the tank up, enter with the Nazi.  Don't let Tala in.

Edit 2: Tobeis can have the Nazi's uniform back, but only after Simon's checked it and made sure there's no weapons.

[4v5]
Tala attempts to slap simon upside the head. Simon ducks the blow and attempts to thump tala on the nose with the butt of his knife. She takes two quick steps back, putting herself just out of range. The two of them stare at each other hard for a moment before Tala goes and grabs the nazi's clothing and gives the pants back to the Nazi. Simon snaps it out of his hands and does a check over it before handing it back, still staring at Tala. Tala hands the shirt, jacket and hat to Tobeis.

"Why is the prisoner naked and crying?"

Calm the prisoner down.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
[1]
You remove your own clothing in a show of solidarity and begin whispering all the german words you know to him...which are basically just food names and a few items.

Ponder. What's the meaning of everything we have done so far? Why are we still here?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
Just to suffer.

Sorry you can't ask that and not expect me to meme on ya a bit.

Alice, I can’t really hear you, why don’t I just come inside the tank?
See if Alice lets me in the tank.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Apparently she do.

"Okay, I'll open the hatch. Might become a bit crowded in here though."

Open the top hatch so that anyone who wants to get in can get in and anyone who wants to run away screaming can get out. Except the nazi dude of course, he can't escape. This might be a bit traumatizing for him.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
You open the hatch and let several people in, including simon, the nazi, and Carolina (All according to plan).

"Alright, Simon, I'm going to make an angry face at you, and start yelling, so our prisoner thinks I'm telling you to leave him alone etc.
NOW YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE ME SOME CLOTHES, I DON'T CARE IF THEY'RE HIS OR MAYBE A SET OF THE BLOODSPATTERED ONES THAT ARE IN HERE, AND THEN YOU'LL LEAVE WHILST MAKING MENACING GLARES AT THE PRISONER. NO GESTURES THOUGH, THAT MIGHT SCARE HIM EVEN MORE.
Hurry up, this needs to look convincing. At least go and sit at the edge of the hatch or something, just somewhere that he can't see you.

assuming Simon leaves, or at least moves away from the prisoner, try and calm him down, get him something to wear (apologize if it's the clothes of the former crew of the tank, and try and get him talking. If he doesn't leave, I dunno, try and convince him that this is the best way to get info out of the prisoner.

[6] You follow the nazi into the tank, carefully explaining in german what is going on. You explain away the very odd behavior with exposure to mustard gas, shell shock, syphilis from "French women" and numerous concussions.

He seems to calm down a bit.

Kinda waiting on radio, since he has the mic, so to speak
((Actually Ed had asked a question already before buuuut that got skipped somehow.))

Ask her the following: Why Do Kids Love the Taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch? What is she and how did she come to be (aka how was she created)?

Oh, and be sure to mention to her that we and especially Tala don't mean her ill-will. 

"If any of you wanna know how your favorite sports team is doing right now or where you left your keys, or any other undoubtedly fantastically interesting questions, I'm open to suggestions."

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You ask the question. The dust shifts, flowing into the air and forming what appears to be a cloud. Not a cloud like you would expect but something denser, with the forms of huge cloud banks, towering cumulonimbus  writ small, like some kind of diorama.  Lighting arches out of the clouds in hundreds of strikes, each no thicker than a hair. The dust lighting seems to jerk into being and then drift away with the slow, gentle movement of normal dust; its quite odd to see. Then the entire miniature cloud bank collapses in on itself, crushing down into a single form, that of a humanoid woman. She holds in place a moment before crumbling into individual particles of dust, crackling electrical discharge filling the chamber as they drift to the ground.  The dust settles back down, flat against the floor.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: September 30, 2018, 12:55:00 pm »

Tala stared at Radioman after the dust settled.

"I'm not one to speculate--ok I learned that from Joan--but do you think that this is a sapient form of that lightning thing? I'm just recalling medical training and how the body can conduct electricity and, um, if that person is- or uh, was a person? I do recall the children thing you said way back..."

She looked around before trying to figure out if this goal was settled or not.

"It's your call now on what we do."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:35:15 pm by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: September 30, 2018, 02:25:26 pm »

"Radio, throw some more gibbets in there and ask her what her purpose is. Then ask her how we can get out of here.
Tala, maybe you should stop interfering."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: September 30, 2018, 02:44:57 pm »

"Radio, throw some more gibbets in there and ask her what her purpose is. Then ask her how we can get out of here."

"As you wish sir."

As was commanded, so shall it be.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: September 30, 2018, 04:10:53 pm »

"I've got a good question sir."

"Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:24:26 am by Redjive_Industries »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: September 30, 2018, 04:23:02 pm »

"San Diego is in Mexico. everyone knows that."

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: September 30, 2018, 07:44:44 pm »

Jump in the tank. 
”Hi. How many organs do we have left?”
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: October 01, 2018, 05:57:59 am »

Hmm, so this is the tank. Now what was Alice trying to tell me?
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: October 01, 2018, 06:07:51 am »

"Can we leave now Simon? Some people are playing with organs and voodoo stuff, and I don't want to be around when it blows up in their face."

Into the tank, and check on Franek, see how he's doing, so that Bob can take his medal back.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 07:01:50 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2799 on: October 01, 2018, 06:22:31 am »

Hop into the tank too.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2801 on: October 01, 2018, 10:10:32 am »

Sit down far away from the tank and the arch and the demon room, watch the clown car tank, listen for screaming, and eat grapes.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: October 01, 2018, 10:16:55 am »

Okay, so suddenly everyone wants to be in the tank. That's a little suspicious, but no matter. Exit the tank and let these guys get to their naked nazi interrogation or whatever. Drag Carolina along and walk in the opposite direction from the dust-lightning-greek-ghost.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: October 01, 2018, 10:26:09 am »

Upon realization that the Tank is not, in fact, shock proof, ponder the wisdom of moving away from the lightning ghost. Then file that thought away in the folder labeled 'Probably Important' and return to attempting to get the prisoner to say something useful

Hotfire90

« Reply #2804 on: October 01, 2018, 10:33:46 am »

Quickly put my clothing back on.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 228