Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467817 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2730 on: September 16, 2018, 01:22:34 pm »

"Come on, Faithful Friend and constrained communication device, don't sound so pessimistic. There''s adventure to be had. If Simon can turn a tank over by wiggling a stick, we can make Faustian bargains with the unknown by watching movies, right?"

"I suppose so, though when it comes to adventure I personally think of fabulous treasure, swashbuckling and swooning vixens with huge, ah, subwoofers. And not... whatever this is supposed to be."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:10:39 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: September 16, 2018, 04:23:48 pm »

"It looks an awful lot like blood sacrifice, but hey,
ya gotta have fun sometimes, right?"
Denver grinned.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: September 17, 2018, 03:08:25 am »

Stand nearby in overwatch as they conduct the experiment.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: September 17, 2018, 05:28:51 am »

Tala tapped Radioman or anyone else who could translate, as she wondered if she said something wrong. It had the gist of the 'Central room' anyway.

"Any update from command? We'd need advice before we proceed, because this is the last and final place that is left uncertain. Also, another one of my random ideas to pass the time--that storm over this bunker fortress? It was all to destroy what's in it, either because this is very valuable but exotic or alien (that strange dust?), or it has failed and is going to destroy everything. I doubt the latter because the Nazis aren't on important ground. But they did defend this to the presumable last man.

"Carolina, we need as much information from the garrisonee as possible please. I think I may have offended him."

Order someone to restrain the prisoner safely. And by that I mean to retranslate to him "We're going to take care of you." or however they would do it if they act without words.

And then order some folks (mostly the AFKers) to get ready them flamethrowers, my gas grenade, and WAIT LET'S NOT PROCEED JUST YET.

"After the organs were dumped in there and after anyone exited the room safely, the speaker spoke in some ancient language that I just described. Radio, and anyone else, try and wrack that knowledge bank or contact command about what language it is. It is either important to the Nazis, or from wherever all those tie-ins, with symbols, child-organ harvesting (as much as I hate saying that), and other cultist sensibility comes from. You people, enter the central room; the rest of us are going on watch--there was no trap or harm as far as I saw in the video."

OK, either order some AFK person to check the central room (someone with SENSE skill), or await as others do check in there. Otherwise, just overwatch and recheck the area we're in for any suitable items I could grab pertinent to the experiment, like aprons and anything I can infer from that video, etc.

Like finding where that speaker system is, and telling our mechanic to test it up before anyone goes in.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 05:41:56 am by Tiruin »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: September 17, 2018, 06:25:26 am »

Tala tapped Radioman or anyone else who could translate, as she wondered if she said something wrong. It had the gist of the 'Central room' anyway.

[...]

Order someone to restrain the prisoner safely. And by that I mean to retranslate to him "We're going to take care of you." or however they would do it if they act without words.

Be this person, after climbing out of the tank to investigate the elevator room.  Make sure the Nazi sees Simon's vast array of knives and firearms, so that he knows he's in good hands.

Sheet omitted deliberately.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: September 17, 2018, 07:07:56 am »

"I suppose so, though when it comes to adventure I personally think of fabulous treasure, swashbuckling and swooning vixens with huge, ah, subwoofers. And not... whatever this is supposed to be."
"You make a fair point. I guess, somewhere along the way, amidst all the explosions, I lost my sense of fun, huh? Well, next time we're in port, let's hit up a bar and tell lies to the cutest girls in the place."

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: September 17, 2018, 07:37:42 am »

(apologies, I went full retard and forgot to manually check this, since my email didn't send me any updates)
Try and explain to the prisoner that we're not going to kill him, and that my good friend fellow soldier Simon is going to be taking care of him, and no tortures or murders will be carried out against him (as far as I know)
"
Mein Kamerad Simon (der mit den Messern) wird sich um dich kümmern. Mach dir keine Sorgen, wir werden dich nicht umbringen oder so. Ich denke"

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: September 17, 2018, 10:30:48 am »

” I don’t think this is a good idea.”
Get far away from the experiment.
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: September 17, 2018, 11:25:31 pm »

Once Simon leaves, ensure that all tank hatches are locked and resume napping. Test the softness of that unconscious legless guy. Would he be a good pillow?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: September 18, 2018, 07:59:53 am »

"Of all the ideas we've had, this is one of them."

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: September 18, 2018, 10:07:15 am »

Do any of you have any idea what this will do?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: September 18, 2018, 10:41:39 am »

"Yes, we have a general idea of what this might do. No, we don't know for sure that is what will happen."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2742 on: September 19, 2018, 01:10:58 pm »

"Hey so, why are we still down here? Was there a mission objective I missed?"

Inquire. Go watch what everyone's doing with the demon room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((To be fair, this whole thing is clearly above our pay grade.))

Yeah, let's throw some guts into the magics room and talk ancient greek to the ghost person, that sounds like it makes sense and is totally not something for our higher ups to deal with.

Does your radio work under a quarter mile of stone? No.
Hey now, I am a radio under a quarter mile of stone and I'm working just fine.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Once Simon leaves, ensure that all tank hatches are locked and resume napping. Test the softness of that unconscious legless guy. Would he be a good pillow?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
You attempt to use him as a pillow but it turns out he's all muscle and about as soft as a knotted rope.

(apologies, I went full retard and forgot to manually check this, since my email didn't send me any updates)
Try and explain to the prisoner that we're not going to kill him, and that my good friend fellow soldier Simon is going to be taking care of him, and no tortures or murders will be carried out against him (as far as I know)
"
Mein Kamerad Simon (der mit den Messern) wird sich um dich kümmern. Mach dir keine Sorgen, wir werden dich nicht umbringen oder so. Ich denke"

You speak to the man a bit in the german you know but feel that it might have been a bit...overridden by Simon's shouting and violent gestures. And thrusting.

Get far away from the experiment.
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

You hide behind the tank and cover as many orifices as you can manage.
Follow Edward and be ready should anything go wrong.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
Ed will go with Tala to the central room, collect viscera from the fridge, dump it in the dust and then step out of the room, and ask for information about 'SturmTurm.' Specifically, ask for locations of Sturmturm research holes.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

"Any update from command? We'd need advice before we proceed, because this is the last and final place that is left uncertain. Also, another one of my random ideas to pass the time--that storm over this bunker fortress? It was all to destroy what's in it, either because this is very valuable but exotic or alien (that strange dust?), or it has failed and is going to destroy everything. I doubt the latter because the Nazis aren't on important ground. But they did defend this to the presumable last man.

"Carolina, we need as much information from the garrisonee as possible please. I think I may have offended him."

And then order some folks (mostly the AFKers) to get ready them flamethrowers, my gas grenade, and WAIT LET'S NOT PROCEED JUST YET.

"After the organs were dumped in there and after anyone exited the room safely, the speaker spoke in some ancient language that I just described. Radio, and anyone else, try and wrack that knowledge bank or contact command about what language it is. It is either important to the Nazis, or from wherever all those tie-ins, with symbols, child-organ harvesting (as much as I hate saying that), and other cultist sensibility comes from. You people, enter the central room; the rest of us are going on watch--there was no trap or harm as far as I saw in the video."

OK, either order some AFK person to check the central room (someone with SENSE skill), or await as others do check in there. Otherwise, just overwatch and recheck the area we're in for any suitable items I could grab pertinent to the experiment, like aprons and anything I can infer from that video, etc.

Like finding where that speaker system is, and telling our mechanic to test it up before anyone goes in.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Looks like Tala cockblocks the demon summoning for now.

Instead she has people watch over the prisoner. She also has...people "Get ready them flamethrowers". Hm

The room is cold, makes their hair stand on end, and feels damp or muggy.

There are no other items around but you do find the button for the speaker system.

[...]

Be this person, after climbing out of the tank to investigate the elevator room.  Make sure the Nazi sees Simon's vast array of knives and firearms, so that he knows he's in good hands.

Sheet omitted deliberately.

"HELLO UNKNOWN GERMAN SCUM. I AM SURE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME BECAUSE I AM SPEAKING THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE OF LOUD ENGLISH. HOWEVER, IF YOU STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND PLEASE SPEAK UP AND I WILL SPEAK THE EVEN MORE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE OF SCREAMING ANGRY ENGLISH.  I HAVE BEEN CHOSEN, BY FATE, TO GUARD YOUR PATHETIC SAUERKRAUT SMELLING LIFE. I WILL TAKE ON THIS TASK WITH MY VAST ARRAY OF THEORETICAL WEAPONS.  AND BE SECURE IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I AM READY, WILLING, AND ABLE TO GIVE YOUR LIFE FOR MY COUNTRY. SO SIT BACK AND DREAM OF FRAULEINS RIDING SAUSAGES OR I'LL PERSONALLY STAB YOU RIGHT IN THE WIENERSCHNITZEL."

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: September 19, 2018, 02:46:41 pm »

"Quiet Simon, you're scaring the children."
Tell the prisoner that I shall be taking care of him, seeing as Simon is clearly insane, and that I will keep Simon away from him if the prisoner tells me everything he knows about this place. Move behind the tank, in expectation of our magical experiment going poorly, and ready my STG... Again.

"Eigentlich werde ich auf dich aufpassen, da Simon eindeutig verrückt ist, was ich vergessen habe. Ich verspreche, ich werde ihn von dir fernhalten, besonders wenn du mir alles erzählst, was du über diesen Ort weißt."

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:08:21 pm by Redjive_Industries »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: September 20, 2018, 02:25:10 am »

"What?  Children?  Are you crazy, there's no children here!  The bastard Nazis killed them all!  Anyway, I was the first volunteer, your turn is later."

I'm like 9% sure Tala wanted Simon to guard the Nazi, so guard the Nazi from Tobeis.  Simon can't understand the words he's saying, which means they might be dangerously corruptive or something.

Don't kill him though.

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 228