Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467686 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2190 on: June 06, 2018, 08:22:54 am »

"...I didn't understand anything except for the part in which you blew up weird stuff. I like blowing up stuff, though. So if I see anything weird, I just make it blow up? Does fire work too?"
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2191 on: June 06, 2018, 09:26:21 am »

"I sure hope so."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: June 06, 2018, 10:01:55 am »

Stay in cover and scan the visible buildings for Nazis and fortifications, through binoculars.  Then check how close the storm is; if it'll still be awhile, start moving west and scout out the black-roofed buildings as well.  Stay well away from them, though.  If the storm IS about to hit, move towards whichever part of the forest is closest to whichever section of buildings has the fewest Nazis.  Prolly gonna cross under the cover of rain.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 07, 2018, 05:54:15 am »

"Tala, if you see an opportunity to lead them into our ambush, do so. Best wait for my signal though, so we are prepared."
"I'm partly glad I brought a bird whistle then. And to dig myself in so there won't be any signs I've got them in my scopes--but sure, just commit to the signal. I lack a silencer though."

"...I didn't understand anything except for the part in which you blew up weird stuff. I like blowing up stuff, though. So if I see anything weird, I just make it blow up? Does fire work too?"

"They seem to die like any other person, yes, like by explosives for example, however be warned that they...possibly have more senses and ways to perceive than we do. I heard some rumors from Winston (Twinwooooolf D:) that there were even those that moved in dreams or by thoughts. If that was true then we're already sighted and they're preparing to trap us. Either way, I've to accompany Ed to those houses there--please keep watch. We need you all."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 07, 2018, 07:38:41 am »

"If you end up shooting, we want them to come after you anyway, just run back through here. Follow the white flags."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 07, 2018, 07:46:16 am »

"Okay, got it. Does antone here have any explosives, though? Because I only have a flamethrower with me, not even a gun or grenades. I sure hope those weirdos aren't immune to fire or anything like that."
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 07, 2018, 12:50:47 pm »

While Ed does his thing, set up in an ambush location and keep an eye out for any possible movement. Make sure to follow SoP when engaging (Make sure it's a nazi before firing. SS uniforms count. If them Frenchies wanna look like the enemy, they'll die like the enemy.)

Ah'll get ready to shoot 'em up. It's like Thanksgivin' all over again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2197 on: June 08, 2018, 12:13:42 pm »

Stay in cover and scan the visible buildings for Nazis and fortifications, through binoculars.  Then check how close the storm is; if it'll still be awhile, start moving west and scout out the black-roofed buildings as well.  Stay well away from them, though.  If the storm IS about to hit, move towards whichever part of the forest is closest to whichever section of buildings has the fewest Nazis.  Prolly gonna cross under the cover of rain.

You scan the hill to the south for fortifications. They're not hard to spot; besides the partially destroyed concrete structure atop the hill, you can see three heavily fortified machine gun nests. They're sticking out of the hill's side, giant concrete lumps with thin firing slits  that none the less allow coverage of maybe 60 degrees. All three together have coverage of more than 180 degrees around the front of the hill, totally covering the road up and much of the area around it.

The storm is dangerously close so you head south west, following the tree line till you find some homes closer to the cover of the forest. Its till a good 50 feet or more but its better than the other choices.

After crossing the street, Bob used his clicket to signify to anyone near enough that he was retreating. After that, he'd wait a bit before moving south again through the trees next to the road.

Signal to Denver that Bob is moving out, then wait to meet up. Then head south in the trees along the road, BAR out. Radio out to Main group telling them what we're doing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"What's the plan, Bob? I can take the radio if you want, by the way."

Meet up with Bob, move with him, scout with Binocs.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Unfortunately Denver is far enough away that him connecting up with Bob takes this entire turn.

{Watching intensifies}
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9lzsF0PrJE

Loot house for junk and items. Test new Tinker system.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
No.

Ed's group heads out. As they do, they get a good view of the line of corpses near the building; they're not just dead, they've been carved open and it appears as though most of their organs have been removed.
"Ok, ok- um, this...I heard the story from Winston (I think that's his name [where are you Twinwolf]) but I didn't think this would be something widespread. Hey Edward, you were on that mission right? The airbase where...my best friend was on? Is this the same thing that's going on?" Tala said, unnerved, before continuing south with the others. . .

The germans have bullet wounds while the resistance fighters are far more badly damaged. Past the roundabout, down the south street, there is the sound of talking and an engine idling.  Unfortunately, from here, you can't see anything.  It must be coming from around back of one of the houses. There are plenty of dead men that direction.
"I'm of the opinion we're meeting fellows like those Nazis we met on the ship. Strange non-fully-human equipment or such. Ed, radio the rest, I'll be scoping out the area but not firing; checking the wounded...but also spotting any avenue we can take. Can anyone scout out what's behind that house? I could try but I'm not that well versed in reconnaissance."

If I get no suggestions or orders what to do:
Tala scopes out the area and tries to spot anything out of the ordinary...or possible avenues of attack and will only shoot if there is a possibility of extreme danger happening

Otherwise, try to coincide my action with Edward's order/suggestion. Prepare birdwhistle too.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

While Ed does his thing, set up in an ambush location and keep an eye out for any possible movement. Make sure to follow SoP when engaging (Make sure it's a nazi before firing. SS uniforms count. If them Frenchies wanna look like the enemy, they'll die like the enemy.)

Ah'll get ready to shoot 'em up. It's like Thanksgivin' all over again.

"Hey, would anyone care to explain me what happened here? And why is a ship so important in this situation again? This is extremely confusing."
Keep following Ed.
"That looks like trouble. Radio, you have the right idea. Listen up folks, we don't know if it's Nazis or not down that road, but with the way these bodies are damaged, we're probably up against the same lot that found us on the ship.

Radio, call the others. I think this will need all of us. We'll wait here for Tala to scout and bring us a report.

Tala, look for ambush points, where we might have the element of surprise. I think the best options are either where the road they are on meets the cul de sac, or where the cul de sac comes out to the main road. With that in mind, I'm going to try to rig up a trap at the mouth of the cul de sac.

Guys, take positions around the mouth of the cul de sac. stay out of sight!

Action part of the post is here:
Ed will attempt to organize the group into an ambush party, and will look to rig up an IED at the mouth of the cul de sac, since that is the primary vehicular exit from this little area, and the route the Nazis will most likely have to take (if it is Nazis).

Edit: Ed will marka safe route through teh ambush using tiny little white flags. I'm sure there is plenty of material around to convert to that purpose. TP roll or notepad from inventory, for example.

"Tala, if you see an opportunity to lead them into our ambush, do so. Best wait for my signal though, so we are prepared."

Ed will take Radio, Tala, and Jack south toward the red roofed houses to look for civilians. We'll be ready to rush back to the house if the storm gets ugly. Preferably, the rest of the gang stays with the house, and Robert reconnects there with his radio, but anyone who comes with Ed won't be shoo'ed away. ((oops, this was from the previous turn))

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
Ed and crew move across the street and set up an IED at the entrance to the cul-de-sac, placing explosives with the goal of disabling and destroying vehicles, mostly setting them up on the street and camouflaging them so that hopefully the vehicles will be directly over the bombs before they detonate. That done, they set up an ambush on either side of the street and hunker down to wait.

The storm reaches the city and spreads rapidly over the eastern half. It seems to grow particularly bad around the target of your mission: the bunker. The clouds swirl like a tropical storm and lightning strikes on or around the bunker every few seconds. The rain comes down in an absolute deluge and within seconds the ground is muddy, slick and cold.

Meanwhile, the nazis Ed and Co. were waiting for are making their move; a pair of covered supply trucks roll out of behind a house and up the road. Foot soldiers hang on the outside or sit on the roof of the cab; they must be overloaded with something if the soldiers are forced to hang outside instead of sitting in the back. The cover obscures whatever it is they're carrying though.

https://imgur.com/a/2w7h3ua

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 08, 2018, 02:08:25 pm »

After crossing the street, Bob used his clicket to signify to anyone near enough that he was retreating. After that, he'd wait a bit before moving south again through the trees next to the road.

Signal to Denver that Bob is moving out, then wait to meet up. Then head south in the trees along the road, BAR out. Radio out to Main group telling them what we're doing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do this stuff, minus the signalling to Denver.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Booby Traps
« Reply #2199 on: June 08, 2018, 02:28:32 pm »

Move with Bob, scout with Binocs.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:41:14 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: June 08, 2018, 06:35:59 pm »

"So, what's the plan to deal with these guys now that there's a storm over there? Maybe we should wait for it to pass or regroup with everyone else."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2201 on: June 08, 2018, 06:44:21 pm »

Do it anyway.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2202 on: June 08, 2018, 06:59:38 pm »

"Yeah, I'm positively getting 'bad sequel' vibes here. We might want to walk around that storm. In, like, a large circle."

Try to see if there's anything we have on us that could serve as a good lightning rod. Alternatively, anything in our environment we could repurpose for that, like an long metal pipe or something?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You wander over to one of the buildings while everyone sets up the bomb and the ambush. You dig through a partially destroyed section, find a long copper pipe. That should work!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: June 09, 2018, 12:20:42 am »

Await explosions, ready Luger for shooting leftover Nazis. In cover of course, like a good ambusher.

Edit: If I have to manually trigger the explosions, do so when the vehicles are on top of them - first vehicle in convoy is priority.

Edit 2, also, if I need to signal the others to begin, do that too. I'd assumed that the explosions would be signal enough, though.

"Everyone get ready and be quiet! Shoot whatever survives the bombs!

Right now the plan is to kill these Nazis. We're still trying to find some Frenchies to give us info on the bunker. We'll regroup with the others after, but we can't wait out the storm. It ain't natural. We're gonna hafta kill it."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 02:30:43 pm by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: June 09, 2018, 02:33:42 am »

Crawl across the open field under the cover of rain, once fairly close to the houses, stand up and draw the trench knife in case of surprise Nazi.  Assuming no Nazis, head south into the woods, and then start traveling west, parallel to the treeline but not too close.  Eventually Simon will cross back over into that patch of forest between the black roofed houses and the reddish ones, to scout out those buildings.

Since this wasn't specified last turn, how steep is the northern slope, and how heavily fortified?  Could the whole team reasonably get up there, to avoid the killzone that is the eastern side?  Or if not, could a small, stealthier team make it up to flank or disable guns?

Edit: If a lone Nazi is encountered, Simon will try to knock him unconscious, rather than murdering from the getgo.  Murder is a valid solution to multiple Nazis, though.

((Very tempted to have Simon stealth his way up and start clearing bunkers with his knife.  But that's not teamwork, bah...))

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 228