Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467837 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2175 on: June 04, 2018, 11:14:01 am »

Jack nods at Ed, visibly de-tensing as he stands from his point at the door.

Sure thing, Boss. Dunno much about them French but if'n they've stuck around this long they can't be all bad.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2176 on: June 05, 2018, 12:31:48 pm »

Simon sighs in disappointment.  Avoiding an unnecessary fight is wise... but he was looking forward to forward to popping some Nazi heads.  Oh well.

Hurry up and get moving over to the road, to the east of the building, and staying in a crouch, just in case they come back or someone's still inside.  If the coast does indeed seem to be clear, rush across the road and into the forest, heading to the south.  Don't engage if fired upon, just flee.

End goal is to get to those four reddish houses to the south, and scout that area out, then cross that road if it's safe.

You climb out of the tree and slink quietly over to the road. You look back and forth a few times before dashing across. You make it to the woods beyond and continue south, trekking quietly and carefully through the trees and avoiding the ever present gaze of the fortress on the mountain in front of you. You head south until you reach the edge of the forest and  hit a snag. The red roofed houses you were aiming for are not abutting the forest; there's a cleared area of maybe 100 feet or more between the forest and the homes.

Quiet enough that the germans would not hear, Bob muttered sent out a message over the radio. "Spotted enemies, thirty meters. Should be east of your position along a road going north. Eight of them, loading a truck. Shooting a tire then retreating."

Bob will use his M1910 with suppressor to take one shot at the tires of the vehicles. He'll take the time to set up the shot as best he can from his current distance. Once he takes the shot, he'll retreat back east into the woods. If it seems like the germans noticed they were being fired at, Bob will retreat a ways. If it seems like they just thought a tire blew out, Bob will retreat a little before crossing south over the east-west road.

Oh, and if Bob misses the tire on the first shot, and the Germans don't start looking around or indicating that they think they're under fire, he'll take one more shot before retreating.

Try to time all shots during thunder.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[5][4]
You take aim at the tire and wait for thunder. You hold your breath and rest your finger on the trigger, waiting and waiting for the noise to come. When it finally does come, one eternity later, you fire almost without thinking. The shot catches the tire dead center in the lower half and it begins to noticeably deflate. The nazis don't even seem to notice for a good minute or two, until the truck starts to lean. As soon as they do notice, you slink away and cross the street while they're distracted.

Take a look at that storm. Does it seem natural, or are we looking at magic nazis again?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[6]
It could be natural but...you have a bad feeling about it. It coming here like this seems too coincidental, especially with that symbol making its appearance again.

I’ll stay here and hold down the fort. If I’m gonna be killing Nazis, I think I’ll have a better chance if they come to me anyways.
Stay at the house and keep an eye out for trouble.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
"Sure, I'll leave the radio here. Moving to support Bob."

Drop radio at house, move to a concealed position, preferably in a house, where I can support Bob as he retreats.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)

You take position on the second story, near a window, peeking out just as far as you need to to keep an eye on the street.

Move to the South with Ed, shotgun ready to wed Nazis with buck.

Lessee. This here ain't a bad hole to die in. What's the plans, Boss?

"Can I go too? I feel that if I stay here, I'll probably miss the action and die of boredom."
If no one says anything, follow Ed.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
"From our map, looks like we're about a block from where that guy said the Resistance people were, so I'm planning to take two people and Radio and go looking. we'll head back here quick if the storm hits, and we can. i think the rest of you are good to either stay here and ready up, or to head over to Robert and shoot Nazis. Oh yeah, killing Nazis IS part of the mission, so may as well get started on that. Course, Robert might bring the Nazis here, so you could shoot them from here, too.

Ed will take Radio, Tala, and Jack south toward the red roofed houses to look for civilians. We'll be ready to rush back to the house if the storm gets ugly. Preferably, the rest of the gang stays with the house, and Robert reconnects there with his radio, but anyone who comes with Ed won't be shoo'ed away.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
Ed's group heads out. As they do, they get a good view of the line of corpses near the building; they're not just dead, they've been carved open and it appears as though most of their organs have been removed.

They continue south, staying behind the houses and in the woods, heading for the red houses while keeping an eye out for civilians. They make it to the edge of the woods, looking down the street towards the red houses. The houses are sitting on branching roads that lead off from a single roundabout, though even from here the team can see most of the homes. It is clear that there was a fight here and recently. Bodies of both resistance members and germans are laying in the streets and around the nearby homes; there are signs of electrical strikes like lichtenburg marks scarred into the ground and trees blown apart from the inside. The germans have bullet wounds while the resistance fighters are far more badly damaged. Past the roundabout, down the south street, there is the sound of talking and an engine idling.  Unfortunately, from here, you can't see anything.  It must be coming from around back of one of the houses. There are plenty of dead men that direction.

https://imgur.com/a/rOuTZKY

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2177 on: June 05, 2018, 01:05:38 pm »

"Uh, what the hell happened here? I'm quite sure there hasn't been any lightning storms recently. And storms don't remove organs like that."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: June 05, 2018, 01:11:53 pm »

Ed's group heads out. As they do, they get a good view of the line of corpses near the building; they're not just dead, they've been carved open and it appears as though most of their organs have been removed.
"Ok, ok- um, this...I heard the story from Winston (I think that's his name [where are you Twinwolf]) but I didn't think this would be something widespread. Hey Edward, you were on that mission right? The airbase where...my best friend was on? Is this the same thing that's going on?" Tala said, unnerved, before continuing south with the others. . .

The germans have bullet wounds while the resistance fighters are far more badly damaged. Past the roundabout, down the south street, there is the sound of talking and an engine idling.  Unfortunately, from here, you can't see anything.  It must be coming from around back of one of the houses. There are plenty of dead men that direction.
"I'm of the opinion we're meeting fellows like those Nazis we met on the ship. Strange non-fully-human equipment or such. Ed, radio the rest, I'll be scoping out the area but not firing; checking the wounded...but also spotting any avenue we can take. Can anyone scout out what's behind that house? I could try but I'm not that well versed in reconnaissance."

If I get no suggestions or orders what to do:
Tala scopes out the area and tries to spot anything out of the ordinary...or possible avenues of attack and will only shoot if there is a possibility of extreme danger happening

Otherwise, try to coincide my action with Edward's order/suggestion. Prepare birdwhistle too.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:50:45 am by Tiruin »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 05, 2018, 01:38:41 pm »

After crossing the street, Bob used his clicket to signify to anyone near enough that he was retreating. After that, he'd wait a bit before moving south again through the trees next to the road.

Signal to Denver that Bob is moving out, then wait to meet up. Then head south in the trees along the road, BAR out. Radio out to Main group telling them what we're doing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:22:51 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Booby Traps
« Reply #2180 on: June 05, 2018, 02:07:36 pm »

"What's the plan, Bob? I can take the radio if you want, by the way."

Meet up with Bob, move with him, scout with Binocs.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:45:32 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: June 05, 2018, 02:26:00 pm »

"Well, with the tires out, there's probably not much those guys can do, so I think we'll leave them for the regular forces. Don't need to double back to take em out. Thinking right now we just head south along this road here, and if there's any ahead, we'll get them."

"There's not much else I've got planned though. I'm thinking we should turn east when we hit the next intersection, but beyond that, I guess it just depends on who we meet."

(Action edited)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 06:22:16 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: June 05, 2018, 02:46:11 pm »

"Sounds good, I'll be keeping an eye out for anyone."

((You may want to edit your action.))

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: June 05, 2018, 03:17:10 pm »

"Yeah, I'm positively getting 'bad sequel' vibes here. We might want to walk around that storm. In, like, a large circle."

Try to see if there's anything we have on us that could serve as a good lightning rod. Alternatively, anything in our environment we could repurpose for that, like an long metal pipe or something?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2184 on: June 05, 2018, 10:50:13 pm »

Loot house for junk and items. Test new Tinker system.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: June 06, 2018, 02:05:43 am »

{Watching intensifies}
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: June 06, 2018, 06:10:36 am »

Ah![ oh wait, you ain't Nazis. Spaced out a moment there.
help tala snipe, I guess.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: June 06, 2018, 06:45:25 am »

"That looks like trouble. Radio, you have the right idea. Listen up folks, we don't know if it's Nazis or not down that road, but with the way these bodies are damaged, we're probably up against the same lot that found us on the ship.

Radio, call the others. I think this will need all of us. We'll wait here for Tala to scout and bring us a report.

Tala, look for ambush points, where we might have the element of surprise. I think the best options are either where the road they are on meets the cul de sac, or where the cul de sac comes out to the main road. With that in mind, I'm going to try to rig up a trap at the mouth of the cul de sac.

Guys, take positions around the mouth of the cul de sac. stay out of sight!

Action part of the post is here:
Ed will attempt to organize the group into an ambush party, and will look to rig up an IED at the mouth of the cul de sac, since that is the primary vehicular exit from this little area, and the route the Nazis will most likely have to take (if it is Nazis).

Edit: Ed will marka safe route through teh ambush using tiny little white flags. I'm sure there is plenty of material around to convert to that purpose. TP roll or notepad from inventory, for example.

"Tala, if you see an opportunity to lead them into our ambush, do so. Best wait for my signal though, so we are prepared."

Ed will take Radio, Tala, and Jack south toward the red roofed houses to look for civilians. We'll be ready to rush back to the house if the storm gets ugly. Preferably, the rest of the gang stays with the house, and Robert reconnects there with his radio, but anyone who comes with Ed won't be shoo'ed away. ((oops, this was from the previous turn))

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:41:54 am by Ozarck »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2188 on: June 06, 2018, 07:26:57 am »

"Hey, would anyone care to explain me what happened here? And why is a ship so important in this situation again? This is extremely confusing."
Keep following Ed.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: June 06, 2018, 07:53:37 am »

"Ah right. You're new, aren't ya? Well , lessee. We're the 888th. We get sent to do the work no one else wants, or no one else can. So we see things the rest of the army hopefully never will. Hmm. My first mission with the 888th, we found children in bombshells, with their organs all hooked up to weird devices. We rescued them, but I have no idea what happened to them after. We blew that place to hell, though. Well, we were stationed on a destroyer after that. There was a big storm,  and a group of Nazis got onboard. at least one was able to do nasty shit with lightning, like what happened to some of these Frenchies here. We blew them to hell too. But ... It looks like they weren't the only ones. SO, if you see a big brute of a German, kill him quickly. He'll probably be barefoot and barechested. He left melted footprints - honest to God melted footprints in the hull of the ship. Our latest mission - the one with the spies, was about as mundane as we've ever gotten. Still blew them spies to hell though, along with half of that hotel.

Be on your guard, kid. We got lucky last time we met these bastards."
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 228