Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468151 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2160 on: May 31, 2018, 03:40:17 pm »

"Call the sweepers up? Got that. Looks like a storms brewin." Bob pulled out his clicker, and signaled for the clearing team to move up. ((Action will be in earlier post))
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: May 31, 2018, 09:46:51 pm »

Regroup with Ed
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: June 01, 2018, 03:54:17 am »

"I'm moving up with you Ed, Also Bob! If you can hear me, or anyone to relay this to Bob, please remind him of the birdwatcher whistles we still have--I have one with me, it is a signalling device." Tala said through Radioman's seemingly lack of evident Radio.

Tala then covers the context for when to blow it with Bob for appropriate signals (to cover issues later on when either decide to blow it).

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: June 01, 2018, 07:05:44 am »

"I thought you might. Oh, thanks for the grenade. I'm sure we'll find something entertaining to do with it."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2164 on: June 02, 2018, 12:35:55 pm »

Hmm.  Just wait for now.  If the Nazis notice the growing flame and start to deal with it, start picking them off once they're out of cover and busy, starting with anyone isolated, and then whoever's close enough to run indoors.

If the storm reaches the building before anything can happen, wait for the Nazis to all hole up inside, and then start creeping around towards the East of the building--might as well just sneak past, using the weather for cover.

Hopefully it isn't an eldritch storm with anti-Allied lightning.

You sit in the tree and wait, keeping watch through your scope. The fire builds quickly and by the time anyone notices it, it has leapt to nearest wall and is quickly consuming the building. The Germans don't even attempt to put the fire out, instead the three you saw, plus an extra two from somewhere in the building, run out and keep running to the west, probably linking back up with the group you saw that way.

"Eugh, you stink man." Bob backs away a bit, to try to inspect the body from a few feet away.

Bob is carrying a radio. Inspect the body without touching, see if it looks like there's anything good to loot. If not, start heading south-east through the trees, watching out for traps. Before moving, signal the clearing team to move up, whether by radio if they somehow have one, by clickers if they're near enough to hear, or whatever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good, then assume you know everything that Radio and the others know, and that they know everything you do.

The body looks like that of a civilian or maybe a resistance member. It has a gunbelt on but a quick look shows that the gun is missing and the rounds in the belt itself seem to have gone off.

You're close enough to the team that you can get their attention with a clicker and signal them to move up with a few hand gestures. That done, you slip out through a open slide window and continue southeast. You make it to the rear of a building near the intersection of these residential roads and what looks like a main road. There are germans here, along the main road. They're loading wooden crates into a covered supply truck. Looks to be maybe...8 in total. Some are loading, others are standing guard, and one is standing around next to the truck, seemingly bored.

Get a sketch of the image and copy the German down into my notebook. That looks important. Then follow crew, ready as ever to kneecap some Germans.

One sec. This'n here picture looks important. Y'all ever seen it before?

You copy the image down before moving along with the rest of the street sweepers to rejoin ed.

Regroup with Ed
Forming up
"This is very boring. There's obviously no one alive in this area, can we go back with the rest?
Just go in the direction everyone else is for now.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
You too.

Just gonna assume street sweepers rejoin with ed.

"Hmm, it seems like some 'old friends' have come back for round two.

What should we do about them, sir?"

Tala raised an eyebrow at the Radioman until she remembered that one ship-storm.

"Wait really? Are you sure this isn't just a local phenomenon? Also what're your thoughts on...those?" she pointed at the bodies. "I'm still thinking really extreme resistance activity-treatment, but that really looks harsh in turn. Also perhaps desperation or guerilla attacks given the lack of gear or anything, but that's signifying torture on the spot. Whoever did it had the time to do so. I'd advise moving up, I'll try finding a spot I can both provide lookout and check what's on east (the center of our map area). Radio, please...radio the others. I'm really wishing we kept those handie-talkies. Also Ed/Radio, get a gas grenade on me. You may need it soon."

Do so! Find a spot that both gives concealment and overwatch! Pretty much using my sniper scope to check (or binoculars), whichever is better.
Also retroactively probably giving either Ed/Radio a gas grenade.

"Hmm. Those clouds do look ominous. Could be natural, but we should be on guard against the alternative.

AS for these bodies, you are right that they look like they had time. This looks like an execution, plain and simple. Could be Frenchies executing captured Germans, but I doubt they've been in power long enough to round up a squad of Nazis. This looks like Nazi handiwork then, probably killing the Resistance, or people they suspect of supporting the Allies. So we are getting closer to a Nazi ... uh, stronghold? Outpost? Outpost. I suggest we gather the troops and move a little quicker, then find a defensible position before the storm hits. I don't want to be outdoors, separated, or exposed when that comes in. But, we have a job to do as well, so I think we'll need to send at least a few forward in any case."

Ed Radios Bob and tells him to call the sweepers forward to our current position. They can use the clickers to communicate. Signal "All Clear. Advance to point. (no living enemies and move up to where we are)" Meanwhile, he and the others will look for a suitable building to act as a sort of base of operations - preferably on the south side of the road, closer to where we are going. Keeping a careful eye out for hostile action, of course.

Edit: acquire from Tala one Gas Grenade. inventory updated.

"So, I'd like to take someone with a shotgun, and someone with a long rifle at least, when we move ahead. One radio needs to stay at base, and the opther should come with me. I've a mind to find out what's going on in those red roofed buildings down there."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
You two swap a grenade and then the entire cluster of people move into a house on the south side of the street. With so many people its easy to do a quick sweep and make sure the house is actually abandoned. It seems remarkably undamaged considering everything thats happened; the extent seems to be some broken windows and a few dozen bullet holes in the west wall. You set up shop, quickly barricading all ways in except the front door and pushing furniture around to provide cover.

https://i.imgur.com/wdvEhPx.png

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: June 02, 2018, 02:02:29 pm »

Quiet enough that the germans would not hear, Bob muttered sent out a message over the radio. "Spotted enemies, thirty meters. Should be east of your position along a road going north. Eight of them, loading a truck. Shooting a tire then retreating."

Bob will use his M1910 with suppressor to take one shot at the tires of the vehicles. He'll take the time to set up the shot as best he can from his current distance. Once he takes the shot, he'll retreat back east into the woods. If it seems like the germans noticed they were being fired at, Bob will retreat a ways. If it seems like they just thought a tire blew out, Bob will retreat a little before crossing south over the east-west road.

Oh, and if Bob misses the tire on the first shot, and the Germans don't start looking around or indicating that they think they're under fire, he'll take one more shot before retreating.

Try to time all shots during thunder.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:51:50 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 02, 2018, 06:19:25 pm »

Take a look at that storm. Does it seem natural, or are we looking at magic nazis again?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2167 on: June 02, 2018, 06:21:49 pm »

Move to the South with Ed, shotgun ready to wed Nazis with buck.

Lessee. This here ain't a bad hole to die in. What's the plans, Boss?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:12:17 am by Gentlefish »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: June 03, 2018, 02:03:59 am »

"From our map, looks like we're about a block from where that guy said the Resistance people were, so I'm planning to take two people and Radio and go looking. we'll head back here quick if the storm hits, and we can. i think the rest of you are good to either stay here and ready up, or to head over to Robert and shoot Nazis. Oh yeah, killing Nazis IS part of the mission, so may as well get started on that. Course, Robert might bring the Nazis here, so you could shoot them from here, too.

Ed will take Radio, Tala, and Jack south toward the red roofed houses to look for civilians. We'll be ready to rush back to the house if the storm gets ugly. Preferably, the rest of the gang stays with the house, and Robert reconnects there with his radio, but anyone who comes with Ed won't be shoo'ed away.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: June 03, 2018, 03:30:45 am »

"I have a radio, anyone mind if I go help engage the Nazis to the east?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: June 03, 2018, 03:58:28 am »

"Coordinate with Robert. One radio should stay with the group at the house. If you go, I'd prefer you to hand the radio off  to someone first."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2171 on: June 03, 2018, 08:22:46 am »

"Can I go too? I feel that if I stay here, I'll probably miss the action and die of boredom."
If no one says anything, follow Ed.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 03, 2018, 09:29:28 am »

Simon sighs in disappointment.  Avoiding an unnecessary fight is wise... but he was looking forward to forward to popping some Nazi heads.  Oh well.

Hurry up and get moving over to the road, to the east of the building, and staying in a crouch, just in case they come back or someone's still inside.  If the coast does indeed seem to be clear, rush across the road and into the forest, heading to the south.  Don't engage if fired upon, just flee.

End goal is to get to those four reddish houses to the south, and scout that area out, then cross that road if it's safe.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: June 03, 2018, 12:24:36 pm »

I’ll stay here and hold down the fort. If I’m gonna be killing Nazis, I think I’ll have a better chance if they come to me anyways.
Stay at the house and keep an eye out for trouble.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:17:05 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Booby Traps
« Reply #2174 on: June 04, 2018, 10:18:34 am »

"Sure, I'll leave the radio here. Moving to support Bob."

Drop radio at house, move to a concealed position, preferably in a house, where I can support Bob as he retreats.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:26:01 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 228