Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469165 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2130 on: May 24, 2018, 10:09:49 am »

"What about a signal if any non-Axis are found, Edward? Please don't forget that we have civilians in the area."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: May 24, 2018, 11:11:00 am »

"A signal for finding civvies, eh? Hmm.  Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh1 I know! How about this?"

Edward holds up an arm and waves over his head

"'You there! Seen any Nazis lately?'
Eh? That way, we let everyone know we found a Frenchie, and we let the Frenchie know that America is here. I'm sure they'll be impressed and tremendously relieved."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2132 on: May 25, 2018, 02:37:31 pm »

Keep heading East, and scout out that road that cuts through the forest.  If there aren't any Nazis around, cross over and follow the forest Southwest, scouting the city edges while heading generally towards the bunker hill.

You continue round till you hit the edge of the forest right at one of the roads leading east. Across from you is some kind of large shop or building; there's a sign in french over the doorway and large open windows on the front which probably displayed merchandise at some point.  Now, however, the main window has been mostly covered up and barricaded while the upper floor windows have been broken open. You can see at least three nazi soldiers hanging around inside the building.

Catch up to Ed and Crew, shotgun ready. Do any of the dead germans hand MP40's or other small submachine guns on them, or have they all been looted already?

Takin' off without me, ah'm sure we'll all be getting along great here, Jack mumbles to himself as he hustles.

The dead Germans in the road seem to have been looted of all usable possessions, as far as you can see.  Judging from some blood stains and the state of the bodies, someone has turned them over and searched them.

Start humming La Marseillaise, to lighten up the mood. Don't get near the corpses.

Prepare my flamethrower and burn down 5 houses on the side of the road that could have people inside. Make sure to not target any house that can't be burned down or that has any teammates inside. Apparently the're not talking about that kind of clearing.

Check the houses with everyone who is supossed to and make sure they're clear.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
”don’t look away from the bodies”
Loot a body, since I’m gonna do some room clearing, I guess
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ill catch up with Ed’s group.
Edit - once there, join William in clearing houses (below)

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
"Hey, William! Don't burn down the town, we're for a sporting fight, not a firestorm. Come with me, we'll clear it together."

If William (RGU) agrees to come with, start clearing houses. The five houses he had in mind to start.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Will, Jim, Carolina and Denver break off from the main group and move up in a crouch, intent on clearing houses. They move up toward the one on the left first, and as they do Jim stops to check one of the dead germans.
[1]
He rolls the corpse over and there is a metallic ting as the pin of a grenade trap hidden on the corpse's chest triggers.

[5,6,5,5]

The entire group moves as one without a word, diving into the left structure and taking cover. A moment later the trap goes off with a concussive bang that rattles the teeth of everyone near by and sends leaves, dust, and bits of corpse raining down all over.  The clearing crew stands up after a moment of waiting, unharmed if somewhat shaken.  After taking a minute to compose themselves they begin clearing the left series of homes, taking it one room and one floor at a time, sweeping everything with slow, deliberate care.  They find several more bodies (which they leave alone for the moment) but no living soldiers.

"Alright, I'm off. Call me if you need me. By which I mean don't call unless you do need me. And you only need me if you find a plane and need someone who can fly it."

Pick out a building that looks likely to be uninhabited, enter, sweep the whole building once, and find a nice spot to take a nap. In the sun, preferably.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Once the Clearing crew gives the all clear for the left series of buildings, you head in. You find yourself a mostly intact easy chair on one of the upper levels and sit down, intent on napping.

Keep going south, preferably off to the side of the main road (maybe a little in the trees?). Don't want to be directly in the path of an ambush.

You break away from the main group and head south through the woods. You don't get far before you hit another road and several more buildings in a similar state to those you saw before. Partially bombed out, though this time without the german bodies.

((Since we're all with Edward Bohring...))
Scope/Binoculars in scouting the surrounding area for snipers or other people.

Spoiler: Introduction to map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
((Don't blame me, Ed acted and a everyone followed.))
[6]
You pull out your binos and scan the area, waiting for the dust from the grenade blast to disperse a bit. You don't see any threats nearby; no snipers in the trees or men hiding in buildings waiting to open fire. There are more german dead along the road up ahead, but that's a fair distance away.

Hey, you skipped my turn! Again! You monster!

Start practicing that French dangit zut alors. Mais, tranquillement. 

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[3]
You practice your "french". Its coming along nicely.

I, and those of the group that remain near me, get off the road and into cover, even if that just means hiding behind the edge of a house, preferably on the more intact side of the road.

"Looks like trouble here, fellas. Could still be some remnants nearby. Stay sharp! Go in groups and keep your heads down.

William, why don't you, Carolina, and Jack do a house by house check on this side of the road. Once you advance say, five houses and find it clear, the rest of us will join you. That way, Tala can cover you with the scope, Radio is ready to report trouble, and I can be free to find the best location for my precious children to ... blossom ... into wonderful, brilliant flowers.

Sound good?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
You move to hide in the trees behind the house on the right.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2133 on: May 25, 2018, 02:49:31 pm »

Nap get.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #2134 on: May 25, 2018, 03:03:50 pm »

Ed will advance his crew to the intersection to the south, keeping in cover where possible, and keeping an eye out for the living. Ed professionally admires the body bombs, though naturally he is repelled by them. He'll use his experience with traps to locate more along the way.

If nothing else interesting happens, we'll rinse and repeat, heading to the second intersection to the south, and again to the west, then south toward that group of red roofed homes.

"Alright, The Germans look to have left here i a hurry, but not enough of a hurry. Try not to touch too many things around here. Rule of thumb gang - if it looks interesting, it's probably explosive. Explosives are always interesting."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 04:09:21 pm by Ozarck »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2135 on: May 25, 2018, 03:55:01 pm »

With that grenade out of the way, go join the house-cleaning crew. Be ready to take out the trash.

Let's not do that again please. Ah'd like to be able to walk back home.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:06:47 pm by Gentlefish »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2136 on: May 25, 2018, 06:00:36 pm »

Continue securing area.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Booby Traps
« Reply #2137 on: May 25, 2018, 08:13:37 pm »

"Splitting off, will check these houses."

Clear the houses to my East, using binocs to scout. If it's a body, don't touch it.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:09:30 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: May 26, 2018, 04:18:36 am »

Tala ran over to the Radioman and tapped him, and radio'd the others with Edward.

"West team; encountered nothing but dead Wehrmacht. A body was trapped; no issues or injuries. I don't see any sense of this being an enemy trap--also would be strange for them to do so on their own. Must be the work of the resistance or others. I'd advise everyone to proceed instead of thoroughly checking this place; there are more fallen Wehrmacht ahead. Also we do need radios for communication. Someone please keep regular updates.

"Edward; orders! Everyone please proceed."

She walked alongside Edward for the moment.

"What do you even mean by "Left here in a hurry"? The one trapped is nearest to our area. That doesn't make sense."

Move along, get something white and tie it around my rifle that I make obvious on my person but not obvious enough to be an overt sniper target.
Get moving, check ahead--that 'further ahead' area where I saw more of them..

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: May 26, 2018, 06:14:53 am »

"Well, as you can see, the Allies bombed this place before we landed. Looks like they killed some Krauts. Bit of collateral damage, too, of course. Anyway, The Krauts knew the Army was coming, and under heavy pressure from the airstrikes, they bugged out, but not before leaving us some 'surprises,' like the one our boys just found. Generally, rigging the bodies is a move you make when you are bugging out, a sort of last ditch slap in the face to the enemy.

That's my read anyway. I think the Krauts pulled outta here and are regrouping somewhere they have a better hold on - the Fort, probably.

'Course, you might rig bodies when there is a protracted siege or occupation as well, and use guerrilla tactics to weaken an occupying force. But, the roles are different here. We're the liberators, and the Krauts are the occupying force. We're driving them out rather than pinning them down in place.

Anyway, We're still heading south to find the Frenchies and try and get some info on that Fort. Just trying to be careful about it, too, right?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: May 26, 2018, 09:32:18 am »

Tala ran over to the Radioman and tapped him, and radio'd the others with Edward.
"Yes ma'm!"

Do this radioing. Also, as a standing order, communicate things from my team to other teams and vice versa as needed.

and I can be free to find the best location for my precious children to ... blossom ... into wonderful, brilliant flowers.
"That, uhh, that sounds kinda creepy when you put it like that, sir."

Then again try to monitor the airwaves for German radio chatter.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: May 26, 2018, 10:00:45 am »

and I can be free to find the best location for my precious children to ... blossom ... into wonderful, brilliant flowers.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Ahahahahah. Well, Ed gestures toward the chunks of the recently exploded Nazi corpse, "it IS pretty grim, and rather horrifying. I guess dark humor is just how I deal with it. That, or maybe I am going a little crazy, eh? Hard to tell yet."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: May 26, 2018, 10:08:13 am »

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Ahahahahah. Well, Ed gestures toward the chunks of the recently exploded Nazi corpse, "it IS pretty grim, and rather horrifying. I guess dark humor is just how I deal with it. That, or maybe I am going a little crazy, eh? Hard to tell yet."

"That is rather disconcerting, sir."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: May 26, 2018, 12:08:17 pm »

"That is rather disconcerting, sir."
"Really? Well, let's talk about something else, then. Do you think teh Cardinals will make it to the Series again this year? They have a score to settle with the Yankees, right? Not that the Yankees will lose, even without Buddy Hassett."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: May 26, 2018, 12:22:25 pm »

Bob radios in to the group, "I'm about a block ahead of you guys, just came to the east to west road.

Bob radios to others, then uses his mirror to check in through the windows of the buildings on either side of him. Pistol out in case anyone appears. But if there're people in the building and they don't see him, he'll hide.

If there's no one in the buildings, he'll try to sprint across the street and get into the trees on the other side. Try not to get shot when crossing the street.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 12:24:24 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 228