Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467952 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2100 on: May 18, 2018, 11:06:43 pm »

"Camera... resolution? What?"
"Photographic film, pretty expensive, used around half a century ago before our time. I've a friend who works as a war photographer! Strong as nails."
"Anyway, to cut things brief, my first priority is meeting up with the local resistance. That means heading to the west-most portion of the map, that batch of red roofs in between us and the industrial sector. I'd prefer we all go together before deciding to split up, regardless of personal...issues with each other."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2101 on: May 19, 2018, 09:35:36 am »

"That sounds good. I agree with going together for now, and meeting with the local resistance means free meat shields for us. We can use them as a distraction for the fort guards and sneak in while they use their machineguns on the other guys and make them mashed potatoes."
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2102 on: May 21, 2018, 09:52:41 am »

"You keep the map, I'm going to need a radio," Tala said to Ozarck Mr. Bohring. "Bob, take west; I'll move north east with those under me. Also sadly, Alice does not own a plane.

"Unless anyone else finds it prudent for all of us to venture west, link up with the resistance, and then plan from there?

"Also...officer, are you alright?"

Perform a medical check on the person who had just...glazed over his gaze and such? That's a bit strange.

He's fine, he's fine. He was just momentarily mind controlled by a sarcastic skeleton.

If you ever see a "~" ti, assume I am taking momentary direct control.

Start scanning the airwaves for dastardly German communications.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[1]
INCOMING!

You scramble up the side of the boat and dive into the harbor.  You then spend several minutes floating around with your head poking out of the water, reciting lines from Apocalypse Now, which is quite impressive considering the time frame.

"Aye aye. Alright, everyone on the push team, come on. Shotguns, flamethrowers, machine guns, whatever, you should know if you're supposed to be on this team."

Get people together, don't leave until Bob is sure he's got a full team here. Once we've got that, head out. . .west? Is the map we got oriented with north towards the top? Also check radios, and make sure we're on the same channels before leaving.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wait...now Bob is in charge?

? ? ?

Well...I'll say that you do have everyone...except radio who just dove overboard.

Now, that entire yellowish area around the docks is under allied control so you wanna head west out into it and then south towards the resistance group? Or just west and then...what?

Ed's goingto wait a turn or two to watch the 'team' wander around.

Don' really care who's 'The Leader,' but hey, let's at least decide who is going with who and where, before we all run off like jackrabbits, eh?"

If I may offer some opinions on our movement…
Discuss strategy with team mates.
Spoiler: Strategy (click to show/hide)
Non-actions ho!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #2103 on: May 21, 2018, 11:12:52 am »

Ed will fish his troublesome equipment out of the harbor, shrug, and head toward the houses with the French leadership in them.

"Going to make some contacts and get some info. anyone wants to, can come along. Especially anyone who speaks French. Radio, my friend, you okay? Water isn't ... it isn't really good for electronics, you know?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: May 21, 2018, 11:20:08 am »

Follow Simon the big blob of people.
Edited action
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:43:54 am by Leodanny »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: May 21, 2018, 01:15:53 pm »

((I have no idea what Bob is, but I didn't think he was the leader. Thought that was Ed or Tala. I was under the impression though, that at some point people would split up into probably two groups, one to push forward into occupied area, one come second, secure areas, and set up good sniping positions and that sort of thing. And yeah, west doesn't make much sense, probably gonna go for straight south, later. But for now. . .))

Bob follows Ed towards the french leadership houses. Probably best to get as much info as they can give and all that.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: May 21, 2018, 01:36:50 pm »

((I think Tala is the leader.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2107 on: May 21, 2018, 02:47:49 pm »

Right, attaching myself to Simon again. I have a radio, so having a sniper team separate from the zerg blob main squad should be fine. From what I can see on the map and what I can see with my eyes, are there any good elevated positions with reasonable cover, which would give us overwatch over the town without being exposed to fire from the fort? If there is and it's fairly close, I'll grab a soldier with an SMG or shotgun (Jack Jackson, perhaps) who doesn't seem to know what to do, take them and Simon to go and secure the structure in question. If there is a good position I'll recommend to whoever's in charge (Tala) to guide the blob to secure that position first.

*Grumble grumble* Guess I'll just... do nothing, then?

"You can tell that I'm in charge because I have a beret. Yup."

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:51:38 am by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: May 21, 2018, 03:52:15 pm »

((I think we should get a group of people to the north side of the bunker. That way, if all else fails, we can try to sneak up through the woods. That would require going east. If I remember correctly, there’s probable resistance in the houses to the northeast. I propose that everyone who wants to go north of the bunker, and everyone who wants to link with resistance form the same group for now, then separate once we get close to the objectives. Also, I’m pretty sure Ed agreed to be leader before Tala decided to be leader, but whoever you want to follow is up to you.))
What does the immediate area look like?
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: May 21, 2018, 04:45:52 pm »

"Going to make some contacts and get some info. anyone wants to, can come along. Especially anyone who speaks French. Radio, my friend, you okay? Water isn't ... it isn't really good for electronics, you know?"

"Just, uuhh, just practicing my Incoming Fire Avoidance Drill, sir!"

Hey now, this ain't the time for swimming lessons! Get back in there!

Then start practicing my French.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: May 21, 2018, 09:19:37 pm »

Go where everyone else is going unless we're splitting up. In that case, I'll follow Tala since she seems to be in charge here.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: May 22, 2018, 11:33:44 am »

All the sheet said was "18 rounds". I'm okay with it being just shot if you only wanted one ammunition type.

Filler for actual movement. Not sure who I'm moving with yet and it looks like this is actually an organized group.

Ready to go when ah'm told to, sirs.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: May 22, 2018, 11:29:31 pm »

Sneak away from the group, and head to the Northeast of the controlled area.  Leave via those woods along the north edge of the map, and scout out the neaby buildings from cover.  Make notes about which ones seem like they might be occupied, and which ones would grant sight lines over most of the town, if any.  Scouting is only a secondary role for the moment--the primary purpose is to reach the East edge of the map, then start moving South, towards the fortified hill.  Once fairly close, Simon will start scouting the buildings closer to the hill.

Oh, and if anyone with less than +3 camo tries to follow, slam the stock of the Springfield into their crotch, hard enough to disable them for a little while.  No use sneaking around if some ogre stomps around behind.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: May 23, 2018, 08:43:07 am »

”dammit Simon you can’t just go on your own!”
Anyway, I’m gonna just join the main group, then

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2114 on: May 23, 2018, 12:59:21 pm »

Ed will fish his troublesome equipment out of the harbor, shrug, and head toward the houses with the French leadership in them.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
Follow Simon the big blob of people.
Edited action
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
((I have no idea what Bob is, but I didn't think he was the leader. Thought that was Ed or Tala. I was under the impression though, that at some point people would split up into probably two groups, one to push forward into occupied area, one come second, secure areas, and set up good sniping positions and that sort of thing. And yeah, west doesn't make much sense, probably gonna go for straight south, later. But for now. . .))

Bob follows Ed towards the french leadership houses. Probably best to get as much info as they can give and all that.

"Just, uuhh, just practicing my Incoming Fire Avoidance Drill, sir!"

Hey now, this ain't the time for swimming lessons! Get back in there!

Then start practicing my French.

Right, attaching myself to Simon again. I have a radio, so having a sniper team separate from the zerg blob main squad should be fine. From what I can see on the map and what I can see with my eyes, are there any good elevated positions with reasonable cover, which would give us overwatch over the town without being exposed to fire from the fort? If there is and it's fairly close, I'll grab a soldier with an SMG or shotgun (Jack Jackson, perhaps) who doesn't seem to know what to do, take them and Simon to go and secure the structure in question. If there is a good position I'll recommend to whoever's in charge (Tala) to guide the blob to secure that position first.

*Grumble grumble* Guess I'll just... do nothing, then?

"You can tell that I'm in charge because I have a beret. Yup."

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

You all head west and a bit south, following asphalt roads through boring dock yards and tin warehouses until you hit  the edge of allied controlled territory.  Beyond an East West running road, the open dockyards becomes a densely forested expanse with cozy homes huddled in clusters near the road. Directly in front of you is a road further south with two of these clusters of single story houses on either side. The road is flag stone in the forest, with wild grasses poking up through the spaces between the stones and trees overshadowing the homes. A bomb landed on the cluster to the left, carving out a ragged sphere of destruction that leveled several houses and left the rest either partially destroyed or badly damaged. The homes on the right are missing window glass and appear potmarked from the spray of shrapnel and debris that demolished their neighbors, but are still mostly intact. There are dead german soldiers scattered about here, there are three laying in the road between the homes and one laying halfway out a window in a bombed out building on he left.

Everything is quiet.

All the sheet said was "18 rounds". I'm okay with it being just shot if you only wanted one ammunition type.

Filler for actual movement. Not sure who I'm moving with yet and it looks like this is actually an organized group.

Ready to go when ah'm told to, sirs.

The split you have is fine.

Sneak away from the group, and head to the Northeast of the controlled area.  Leave via those woods along the north edge of the map, and scout out the neaby buildings from cover.  Make notes about which ones seem like they might be occupied, and which ones would grant sight lines over most of the town, if any.  Scouting is only a secondary role for the moment--the primary purpose is to reach the East edge of the map, then start moving South, towards the fortified hill.  Once fairly close, Simon will start scouting the buildings closer to the hill.

Oh, and if anyone with less than +3 camo tries to follow, slam the stock of the Springfield into their crotch, hard enough to disable them for a little while.  No use sneaking around if some ogre stomps around behind.

You quietly sneak away from the group and head into the wooded area to the east. You keep to the edge of the forest, just deep enough in to be hard to see while also keeping an eye on the area beyond the treeline. There are a lot of homes out there, mostly single and two story homes with red or orange tiled steep roofs and bright white plaster walls. Any of the larger homes might provide good sightlines from the roof, though balancing on one of those might be both difficult and potentially dangerous due to how obvious it would be.

There's little in the way of bomb damage to the areas directly outside the tree line, and you think you see a french civilian every so often. However, when you stop to look down an avenue of sorts, you can see that further south are what look like the shops; the buildings with black roofs from the image. They're more bombed out then the other buildings and you can clearly see a German Tank sitting in the middle of an intersection along with several soldiers on foot.

https://imgur.com/a/4fslSkK
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 228