Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468017 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2085 on: May 16, 2018, 07:52:22 am »

Probably act as Leader since despite the numerous pages of chat, nobody volunteered .-.;
This is why there is a perception that you don't pay attention.
I did look back and see Radio force-volunteered you. :P

And you didn't respond with an affirmative.
So yeah.

This should be in the OOC. But it isn't.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: May 16, 2018, 08:01:05 am »

"While I don't know a lot about radios, I like the idea of  using cover and the element of surprise. Better than just running straight for the entrance."

"I wanted to blow up the place and suggested using bombs and explosives, but the general said "don't damage the fort". I guess that means we won't be allowed to use either, which I find stupid but whatever."

"Extra assets? I don't think so. After all, they want us to leave the thing intact, so probably no artillery or air support. To be honest, I think they actually want us to fail."

"I didn't understand anything of what you said after that, but I agree that you should be the leader. You sound smart and don't have a radio for a head."
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2087 on: May 16, 2018, 08:19:02 am »

"I'd rather we have a chain of temporary command. I'd be volunteering as leader; Edward Bohring or whomever he picks can be second, because we'll be invariably be splitting up into two teams or more given the ideas others have raised here. Since we have only enough with Mr. Bohring, that one pass through a mountain sounds like an option, meaning to the west of the fortress.
"Taking Carolina's suggestion, the north has two roads of exit with little in between for vehicular movement. We can use that to block off Axis reinforcement or use the northern path as a quick way inside. Going south, taking Bob's suggestion, would be advantageous in creating a diversion, most likely near the industrial area and circling down south to approach the fortress from the south west.

"Either way we're operating on presumptions. We need a way to get into the fortress, meaning scaling the location from a side while silenced sniper cover protects that area from view--especially coupled with a distraction that can easily look like a blown ammunition storage or latent bomb fuse. The news of Axis forces surrendering would probably have encouraged the spirit of resistance in this area, if any news came by them. I'm only asking for those other support questions as we'd most likely be facing heavier armaments than a squad can handle. I mean, it'd be great if we were somehow able to commandeer a tank of theirs or go under guise as an officer-messenger, but we don't know enough about what is going on.

"Otherwise, we're stuck with just a few ideas: They haven't given up because the fortress makes a fighting chance and a bastion to conquer with a high casualty rate, or they have something important in the area, probably connected to whatever those lightning guns are related with or something I assume. Regardless, our first objective is intel of the area, and we can accomplish that altogether, or in at least two squads. We're outnumbered, and the last thing (unless needed) we want is to draw unnecessary attention. We have binoculars, scopes, and height in those buildings to accomplish at least one of those, and a very...strong radio who I presume isn't just body paint lately, as auxiliary."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:22:38 am by Tiruin »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: May 16, 2018, 08:55:52 am »

Cool
I’ll stay with Simon

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: May 16, 2018, 09:18:36 am »

"If we split into teams, each is gonna need a radio. I've got one, we have Radio Man, does anyone else have one? Anyhow. If a group's going to be pushing into enemy areas, we're gonna want heavier weaponry. I've got my BAR, dunno what everyone else has. Probably need some people good at clearing buildings, with shotguns or something. Probably want another team with Simon, to follow up the rear, and clear out buildings on the sides of our path, and search out good perches covering any groups pushing forwards.

I'll take the lead on that if no one objects."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:37:24 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: May 16, 2018, 09:31:30 am »

"I have a flamethrower and my fists. Pretty good for close range and at clearing buildings."
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:33:34 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: May 16, 2018, 09:36:42 am »

Ready up. I currently have listed 12 shells shot, and 6 shells slug. Is that okay?

I gots me a shotgun. I don't know if'n there's any gun better at clearing rooms. And I'm handy with one of those little automatic guns, too.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: May 17, 2018, 03:07:24 am »

Simon, who's been sitting off to the side with his head hanging sullenly, stirs and suddenly looks around wide-eyed "Fwuh?  Uh, yeah, yeah, I can do that!  I'm great at that!  No problem, no problem, yeah... uhh... Where're the Nazis, again?  Just point me at 'em, I'll take care've things, yeah."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2093 on: May 18, 2018, 12:23:54 pm »

"...Why is this map made of squares? This doesn't look like aerial photography."

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

"Camera resolution wasn't so great~"

The man says in a completely different voice than the one he had before, his eyes glazed over and his arms slack at his sides. He shudders and looks around a moment later as though he forgot where he was.

Ed looks surprised at the nomination for leadership. I haz questions in spoiler. I also haz a couple ideas for early mission strategy, in second spoiler, for anyone who would care to discuss. (we could take that to the ooc thread too, so as not to clutter this one too much.)

"I ... I guess I'm the leader. I don't know, unless Simon wants to be leader? Simon?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
1) Under your control, basically none. There are other troops here but they're under the control of other people so their coming it will depend on the decisions of higher ups.
2) Not terribly important considering you don't control them or have any influence over them.
3) The closest to artillery around here is the naval bombardment going on. The bombing runs happened earlier so there's no planes in the area, and most of the vehicles are focused up north around the docks and the area there.
3 again) The hill to the north and east is pretty steep with some sheer rock faces, though they're not very high. Otherwise its between a 20-35 degree grade or there abouts. Around the switchback its around 30.
4) They say there's a group of them in that cluster of red houses to the west.
5) Its not a bad idea but I can't tell you one way or another if it will work or not because the soldier doesn't know.
6)The fish processing to the south west is going to have the highest structures. Otherwise you're probably not gonna get above a three story building with some of those homes. The area is fairly flat, save for the hill and its fort. Hence why its such a good position.

Spoiler: Introduction to map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

"I'd like to request a headcount or a role call--we require radio operations to signal the other civilians once we establish contact, and thereafter split into different groups to cover specific zones. As for now, we all travel together under cover and the element of surprise.

"Also with all this talk about blowing our way in and shooting our way out, where are our explosives ordnance other than on Edward Bohring?"

Probably act as Leader since despite the numerous pages of chat, nobody volunteered .-.;

Also everyone, please view the map spoiler
Also questions!

"You have any more questions?[...]" He points the map towards the group and moves it back and forth as though seeking the leader.
"Do we have access to extra assets? Air support? Artillery? Smoke cover? Does the enemy have access to reinforcements in case alarm breaks out, and how does that work lately since the bombings? Is there a possibility of facing armored support? Because since when has our tankbuster rifles been put to use despite being an equipment set

"Do we have a clear line of communication between us and home base? Are our enemies tapping into our communications, are we using ciphers? Asking the latter questions because I feel some of us wish to establish that without communicating that they wish to do so again

"And are there any notes on the common colors of the enemy, or are we only facing the Wehrmacht here? I do not wish anyone to commit warcrimes, as we know the Nazis do that via execution to anyone anyway.

"And once we do capture the fortress, what are the signal codes we should use--or should we evacuate the area ourselves when it is finished?

"Also we have a soldier here who is an expert in aviation. Any ideas for her?"

"We can't give you anything but there are other units in the area who, depending on their orders, may be around offering assistance. We'll keep you informed via the radio."
"We've been using radios for communications. This code book "He gives you a code book"Is the one we've been using this week. They don't seem to have cracked it, or if they did they're really not showing any evidence of it. "
"They're in standard Wehrmacht uniforms as far as we know. Maybe disheveled and dirty or missing pieces; their hold here is growing weak and they're increasingly disorganized."
"Radio in or send up a flare and then hold position until more troops can come to reinforce you. Provide support to other allies on the ground if you can."
"Does she have a plane?"

Ready up. I currently have listed 12 shells shot, and 6 shells slug. Is that okay?

I gots me a shotgun. I don't know if'n there's any gun better at clearing rooms. And I'm handy with one of those little automatic guns, too.

Is that what you paid for/found?

Ok so two people walked up and grabbed the map at the same time as the boat stopped at the dock. The soldier gave you a pained look and just let the map go with both people still holding it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: May 18, 2018, 01:32:11 pm »

"You keep the map, I'm going to need a radio," Tala said to Ozarck Mr. Bohring. "Bob, take west; I'll move north east with those under me. Also sadly, Alice does not own a plane.

"Unless anyone else finds it prudent for all of us to venture west, link up with the resistance, and then plan from there?

"Also...officer, are you alright?"

Perform a medical check on the person who had just...glazed over his gaze and such? That's a bit strange.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:04:32 pm by Tiruin »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: May 18, 2018, 01:54:33 pm »

"Aye aye. Alright, everyone on the push team, come on. Shotguns, flamethrowers, machine guns, whatever, you should know if you're supposed to be on this team."

Get people together, don't leave until Bob is sure he's got a full team here. Once we've got that, head out. . .west? Is the map we got oriented with north towards the top? Also check radios, and make sure we're on the same channels before leaving.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: May 18, 2018, 02:36:10 pm »

Start scanning the airwaves for dastardly German communications.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: May 18, 2018, 03:11:32 pm »

If I may offer some opinions on our movement…
Discuss strategy with team mates.
Spoiler: Strategy (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2098 on: May 18, 2018, 09:34:10 pm »

"Camera... resolution? What?"

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: May 18, 2018, 09:56:34 pm »

Ed's goingto wait a turn or two to watch the 'team' wander around.

Don' really care who's 'The Leader,' but hey, let's at least decide who is going with who and where, before we all run off like jackrabbits, eh?"

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:22:42 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 228