Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468221 times)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2010 on: May 03, 2018, 02:38:26 pm »

Also, How many clips does the 1910 pistol come with?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 03, 2018, 02:42:37 pm »

One. Gotta buy additional tactical clipazines with GLORY.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 03, 2018, 02:48:04 pm »

Thanks.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 07, 2018, 12:18:03 pm »

Oh dear, I hope I haven’t killed it...

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 07, 2018, 12:42:32 pm »

Nah, PW's taking a few days off.  He'll be back.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 07, 2018, 01:33:36 pm »

oh. good to know. Thanks!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: May 07, 2018, 03:27:02 pm »

...Man. A new mission may be a good time to sneak back in if another wouldn't be too much of a burden. I feel so bad abandoning the game so early.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2017 on: May 09, 2018, 03:39:56 pm »

Buy a gas mask, and a fancy hat with this description. (-35 glory)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Done

Buy a helmet and spare first aid kit (80 GLORY)

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Done

(I considered taking you up on that offer, but 300 GLORY is a bit much when I can just try to make sure Bob doesn't die at all)

Buy the Iron Heart medal for 350 GLORY

Neat. Done.

>_> <.<
Well since people are going with the issue of gassing or at least breaching gassed rooms, I'll have to get myself a gasmask too.
Get a gasmask, I'll tally the GLORY total but it'll bring me below 200, which I hope to earn back and get the Valkyrie or that insta-revive thing later on.

Switch my vote to 2 because people want that too it seems ._.

Alright.

Switch my vote to 2 because people want that too it seems ._.
The battle of Cherbourgh is also a historical event Ti, so it's not a total loss, right?

Now I wonder how much GLORY your rubber ducky had.
How much GLORY does my rubber ducky have, PW? just the 200 base GLORY for participation in the last mission?
None, ya dingus

Also I try to connect every mission (aside from Halloween weirdness) to a real life event, even if its somewhat tangential.
Hey, I was waiting for the last mission to end before posting a sheet. Is it good? And can I join?
Welcome aboard.

...Man. A new mission may be a good time to sneak back in if another wouldn't be too much of a burden. I feel so bad abandoning the game so early.
Sure, come in. It will probably be a few posts before we're really into the next mission.

Ok as per how we're handling that change in risk, I'm basically only making it effect players.  So the enemy attack has a risk level and you roll higher on your life die to avoid it. For you vs enemies, they will have a flat HP number and your weapons will do their risk number in HP damage to them with these modifiers

Sneak attack is x3 but only effects non-alerted enemies.
Successes are x1
partial success is 1/2, rounded up.
3 and down is zero.

Should make things a little easier to work with on my end.

Here's our briefing for the next mission. Get ready so we can head out.

"Alright everyone, settle down" Bones says, rapping bony knuckles on the chalk board behind him. "Some of you participated in our landing a little while back; I'm sure you remember that calm little day at the beach.  Well we weren't the only ones taking a sea side stroll and some men are still struggling with it. Old Lightning Joe has asked for the 888th's help in Cherbourg, a port city that the powers that be have decided is vital to our war effort. They've been shelling, bombing, and shooting up that city something fierce for days now and most of the Kraut resistance has fallen. Some are surrendering, but some others are clinging. We've been tasked with helping clear a section of city and then to remove the "Fort du Roule", a heavily fortified hill top bunker, from the list of enemy held positions. Its position on the hilltops above the city makes it too good of a strategic position for them to just bomb it to gravel. Taking it won't be easy though; its got at least 5 heavily fortified firing positions and a tunnel system in the stone. Intelligence indicates there's an entrance on the west side of the mountain, though getting to it might be harder than just getting to one of those fortified positions and blasting on through. Your call.

We're going to drop you off by boat and the local boys will bring you where you need to go. We're told they'll have a map for you but don't expect anything amazing. This is a simple job, lads: Kill any Kraut that still has some fight in him, spare any citizen of the town, and try to keep that fort as intact as possible."  He waves his hand dismissively at that last part, but doesn't say anything more.

"Questions?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: May 09, 2018, 03:49:58 pm »

"City around first, then moving on to the bunker? Citizens are only going to be an issue for the area around, right?"

"Also, are they going to be able to fire down on us from the fort while we're clearing out the streets?"

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: May 09, 2018, 05:02:18 pm »

"Again, how much of the place are we allowed to burn down?"
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2020 on: May 09, 2018, 05:30:57 pm »

"Right, so do we have any actual plan for not getting shot or are we just planning to run right in and die a mile from the fort?"

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: May 10, 2018, 12:20:18 am »

A veritable cornstalk of a man raises his hand from the back. You don't know how you didn't notice him before.

What - uh, what the funny, blue-haired one said. I'd like to get up real close and personal before I die.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #2022 on: May 10, 2018, 06:57:28 am »

Ed scribbles some notes, then leans back in his chair and muses, "Dingus. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: May 10, 2018, 07:06:10 am »

"I mean, some of us have guns. I'm not sure if they are very effective at close range."

"Actually, why don't we just throw a few bombs at them? We have planes, right? If we're going to fight, then we might as well throw everything we have and don't hold back."
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: May 10, 2018, 07:09:15 am »

Because, ya nugget, that's why. Didn't you hear Bo ... err the General just now? "Its position on the hilltops above the city makes it too good of a strategic position for them to just bomb it to gravel." Right, Fingers? That's what you said, right?
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 228