Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468074 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Booby Traps
« Reply #1920 on: April 17, 2018, 05:27:58 pm »

Before pulling out, back when people were loading in, Bob had called to the driver of the van, telling him to make sure to split off from the car.

"Radio! Gimme info on where the cops are coming in from. Dunno where Ed is, but I ain't waiting." Bob grabbed the stick, and put the car into gear, pulling out. No waiting, anyone who got left behind now, well they got left behind. "Maybe the army'll get him out later or something. Wait. WAIT RA--Goddammit! Someone--Denver! Take this radio, keep us patched in to police channels!"

1. Pull out. Decent speed, but not rushing. Screeching tires and the like will draw attention. Head in a different direction than the van.
1. Have Denver relay radio instructions from Bob's radio to avoid cop cars rushing to the scene still. If it seems like we're getting way to close to cops, ignore relayedinstructions and work to get further from sirens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:46:54 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: April 17, 2018, 07:15:19 pm »

Beep! Beep!
“Dead body express!”
“At least they don’t smell bad.
Hey you people, where are we going?”
While driving, ask questions to figure out stuff.
“So how many bodies are there? Where are we putting them? When are we getting back to base?”
“Also where could we get a snack or something after this? Fighting is exhausting.”

drive east! Drive fast, but not ridiculously so(so try not to crash).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1922 on: April 17, 2018, 09:16:28 pm »

"We apparently have found the 'University of London Institute of Archaeology'. What are we supposed to do with this information? Keep running?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 17, 2018, 11:38:15 pm »

((Can I ask for a retcon for my action--or however you say 'unable to post during the time between now and the previous turn and this takes in both ones? Sorry for not posting my turn when it was needed! :-[))
You notice, halfway there, that Tala is just standing around with a blank look on her face. Shell shock?  Sudden attack of guilt? Neither of these are helpful at the moment.
((This is only momentary))

> [Make a wisdom roll, on finding a way to disable to press or remove conspicuous evidence]
> Grab any/all papers that I find are useful in a quick search, and stuff them in the bags I have.
> Let Radio interrupt and drag me to the car while I reflect in shock so that the previous turn isn't wasted.

In the present...
((Wherein our Mental rolls/stats aren't even being touched... :P))
"Ok then, I think that was everyone, we can leav- waaaait a minute. Where is Ed, exactly?

... Oh you son of a bitch!"

"You guys get going NOW. No ifs, no discussions, get the car and van out of the area right now. I'll go looking for Ed. No, none of you are coming with me, just GO."

"I'm going, no arguments. I've got a cover story. I can speak fluent english. You'll need backup--you can't explain your bodypaint for a head if caught. I'm a third-party. Saw Ed running down the building; most likely will check the inside vicinity, and will radio you in. You're our best source of transmission in this ruckus."
> Tala preps herself to look formal in the journalist uniform, carrying only with her the notepad and pen, alongside the medical bags stowed inside the van, and gets out there. As in, get that stuff I stuffed in the previous turn, grab what I can for at least 3 medic bags (getting the other two from the van)
> If the situation demands it, please let me deliver medical aid to the wounded while the paramedics arrive. If I get questioned by the police,
 as I lack identification card (other than counterfeiting ID which I guess applies), mention I left my journalist ID in the commotion (if...they have those things at this time period)
> I've updated my sheet as to what I have on person, anything else is implied by GM context by competence (like how you mentioned I had a propaganda paper out of nowhere :P)
+ If it is sensible, do bring that silenced pistol

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:28:09 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #1924 on: April 18, 2018, 07:58:15 am »

Ha! Ed already knew this would be hard to explain. Ed doesn't shy away from an awkward explanation though. A doorknob tried to kill him once. Anyway, Ed waves the police over, yelling at the hotel guests and others to make way for the authorities:

"Ahoy there, Coppers! Is that what they call you here in England? Coppers? What's the slang word for policemen around here anyway? Ah never mind. Listen, it looks like the action round here is all but done. Mostly cleaning up the mess is what's left, eh? Sure I got time to answer a few questions. Yes, I've had a drink or two. Busy day and all, what withthe counterfeiters giving us trouble and all. Who would have thought counterfeiting would be such a violent thing eh? Anyway, perhaps we should step out of the crowd and discuss this in a quieter forum. Say, the bar? No? I'm sure the office here will work fine, if you insist.

For Now, Ed's going to stick with the counterfeiting story, but he is going to hint that his unit was sent by British authorities.

Oh, hey, did the guy on the other end of my call give any orders regarding how to interact with the police? Maybe Ed could give the coppers a phone number to call, eh? I don't remember if secrecy extended to not letting the cops know Ed is part of the 888th or that this was a counterintelligence sting.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:29 am »

"Last time I went to an archaeology museum it was on a date with a girl who had more cleavage than sanity."

Simon turns to give Alice a dissonant smile.

"It was easily the most frightening and disturbing experience of my entire life.  I have no desire to replicate it and get shot by police again.  So yes, we should keep running!"

As curious as I am what you're planning with that giant chair, I don't think it's wise to hang around anywhere even vaugely in the vicinity of the disaster that is our team.  Let's just keep fleeing, shall we?

...Maybe also start to think about how we're gonna link back up with the 888th, after all this blows over.  Maybe wonder if that's even a good idea.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: April 19, 2018, 03:50:38 pm »

"That sounds like a wonderful story and I want you to do me a favor and never tell it to me."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1927 on: April 20, 2018, 12:28:58 pm »

"Last time I went to an archaeology museum it was on a date with a girl who had more cleavage than sanity."

Simon turns to give Alice a dissonant smile.

"It was easily the most frightening and disturbing experience of my entire life.  I have no desire to replicate it and get shot by police again.  So yes, we should keep running!"

As curious as I am what you're planning with that giant chair, I don't think it's wise to hang around anywhere even vaugely in the vicinity of the disaster that is our team.  Let's just keep fleeing, shall we?

...Maybe also start to think about how we're gonna link back up with the 888th, after all this blows over.  Maybe wonder if that's even a good idea.

(Here is the building I'm talking about; st. John's Lodge. It actually was the University of London Institute of Archaeology during the war. You just happened to wander up to it.)
"That sounds like a wonderful story and I want you to do me a favor and never tell it to me."
How far north do you plan to flee?

Here's a map
The team caused a ruckus at the red point and you are currently at the white point. How far north we heading and exactly where you wanna stop? Also if you have a radio, a good way to get back with the team is to call them now and ask for a ride.

Ha! Ed already knew this would be hard to explain. Ed doesn't shy away from an awkward explanation though. A doorknob tried to kill him once. Anyway, Ed waves the police over, yelling at the hotel guests and others to make way for the authorities:

"Ahoy there, Coppers! Is that what they call you here in England? Coppers? What's the slang word for policemen around here anyway? Ah never mind. Listen, it looks like the action round here is all but done. Mostly cleaning up the mess is what's left, eh? Sure I got time to answer a few questions. Yes, I've had a drink or two. Busy day and all, what withthe counterfeiters giving us trouble and all. Who would have thought counterfeiting would be such a violent thing eh? Anyway, perhaps we should step out of the crowd and discuss this in a quieter forum. Say, the bar? No? I'm sure the office here will work fine, if you insist.

For Now, Ed's going to stick with the counterfeiting story, but he is going to hint that his unit was sent by British authorities.

Oh, hey, did the guy on the other end of my call give any orders regarding how to interact with the police? Maybe Ed could give the coppers a phone number to call, eh? I don't remember if secrecy extended to not letting the cops know Ed is part of the 888th or that this was a counterintelligence sting.

The police see you, dressed a you are, drunk as you are, hanging behind the counter and promptly keep walking. You shout your speech at their faces, then their backs but they don't slow down; apparently in search of someone more official than a tourist with cup of booze in one hand. As they walk away and you're left, limply waving at them, your radio makes a noise. You squawk and jump in surprise, fumbling to get the radio out of your bag.

"Watdya want?" You slur into the radio, once you have it up and pressed against your head. After a moment of silence you hold it in front of your face and then turn it the right way around before repeating the question.

"Where are you!" comes an angry male voice on the other end. You think its radio. No. with the capital. Radio. Yeah like that.

"The lobby. By way of the bar. Heh."

"Listen to me. Listen."

"Ok."

"Do not-"

"Ok."

"DO NOT MO-"

"Ok."

The line cuts out with a growl.  You love that guy.

Beep! Beep!
“Dead body express!”
“At least they don’t smell bad.
Hey you people, where are we going?”
While driving, ask questions to figure out stuff.
“So how many bodies are there? Where are we putting them? When are we getting back to base?”
“Also where could we get a snack or something after this? Fighting is exhausting.”

drive east! Drive fast, but not ridiculously so(so try not to crash).
Before pulling out, back when people were loading in, Bob had called to the driver of the van, telling him to make sure to split off from the car.

"Radio! Gimme info on where the cops are coming in from. Dunno where Ed is, but I ain't waiting." Bob grabbed the stick, and put the car into gear, pulling out. No waiting, anyone who got left behind now, well they got left behind. "Maybe the army'll get him out later or something. Wait. WAIT RA--Goddammit! Someone--Denver! Take this radio, keep us patched in to police channels!"

1. Pull out. Decent speed, but not rushing. Screeching tires and the like will draw attention. Head in a different direction than the van.
1. Have Denver relay radio instructions from Bob's radio to avoid cop cars rushing to the scene still. If it seems like we're getting way to close to cops, ignore relayedinstructions and work to get further from sirens.

Both the van and the car pull out and onto the streets. The van heads east, towards parts unknown, while the car trundles down south, away from the cops and the commotion.  Neither are stopped or even encounter the police.

At this point I'm counting the van and the car, as well as everyone in them, out of the mission area and safe.

"Ok then, I think that was everyone, we can leav- waaaait a minute. Where is Ed, exactly?

"You guys get going NOW. No ifs, no discussions, get the car and van out of the area right now. I'll go looking for Ed. No, none of you are coming with me, just GO."

Quickly get out of the car and go looking for Ed, leave my weapons and other military stuff in the car. Can I hail Ed on the radio? If not, go check where I think Ed is likely to be, aka where there is booze.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
((Can I ask for a retcon for my action--or however you say 'unable to post during the time between now and the previous turn and this takes in both ones? Sorry for not posting my turn when it was needed! :-[))
You notice, halfway there, that Tala is just standing around with a blank look on her face. Shell shock?  Sudden attack of guilt? Neither of these are helpful at the moment.
((This is only momentary))

> [Make a wisdom roll, on finding a way to disable to press or remove conspicuous evidence]
> Grab any/all papers that I find are useful in a quick search, and stuff them in the bags I have.
> Let Radio interrupt and drag me to the car while I reflect in shock so that the previous turn isn't wasted.

In the present...
((Wherein our Mental rolls/stats aren't even being touched... :P))

"I'm going, no arguments. I've got a cover story. I can speak fluent english. You'll need backup--you can't explain your bodypaint for a head if caught. I'm a third-party. Saw Ed running down the building; most likely will check the inside vicinity, and will radio you in. You're our best source of transmission in this ruckus."
> Tala preps herself to look formal in the journalist uniform, carrying only with her the notepad and pen, alongside the medical bags stowed inside the van, and gets out there. As in, get that stuff I stuffed in the previous turn, grab what I can for at least 3 medic bags (getting the other two from the van)
> If the situation demands it, please let me deliver medical aid to the wounded while the paramedics arrive. If I get questioned by the police,
 as I lack identification card (other than counterfeiting ID which I guess applies), mention I left my journalist ID in the commotion (if...they have those things at this time period)
> I've updated my sheet as to what I have on person, anything else is implied by GM context by competence (like how you mentioned I had a propaganda paper out of nowhere :P)
+ If it is sensible, do bring that silenced pistol

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
(Disabling the press is easy. You just hit the mechanism with something hard enough to break it. Doesn't make it unrecoverable though. Aside from lighting the room on fire or blowing it up, nothing you can do will make it completely unsalvageable. You already got the papers, as I said back when you changed. At least the important stuff because you're not gonna walk out with a dozen bundles of news papers.)

Radio growls with electronic rage, kicks the door to the car open and drags himself out. Tala, suddenly aware of the situation, scrambles out after him and straightens her disguise out.

"Oh no. No. Get back in the goddamn car, Ms Busybody. I do not need or want anyone following me, because thats just another goddamn person to get lost or wander off and do their own very unhelpful things. And you are extremely prone to wandering off and doing your own thing."

"I'm going, no arguments. I've got a cover story. I can speak fluent English-"

"So do I! I'm a radio, not a frenchman!"

"You'll need backup--you can't explain your bodypaint for a head if caught."

"I don't think they'll care about me compared to the shrapnel riddled citizens or the burning hotel."

"I'm a third party though! A journalist!" Tala gestures at her disguise, "You know the police will want to avoid me!"

[Radio Will vs Tala Will: 5v4(+1)]

Radio and Tala go silent, staring at each other intently. Well, Tala stares intently with gritted teeth while Radio remains a radio and thus lacking any sort of facial features. His knobs and dials do spin in annoyance through. Neither seems to be backing down.

Bob, from back in the car, sees the current lover's spat and sighs. He reaches over and closes the door before gesturing to Jimmy. Both drive off in different directions, leaving Tala and Radio fuming on the side walk.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 20, 2018, 02:37:19 pm »

Woo, GLORY time! Since Bob didn't abandon the escape vehicle, ahem, like some people. Helps that he was driving it, but that's neither here nor there!

What did he actually do this mission though. . .

Well, Bob did the following!

You get a roll of bills of various values, for bribing people with various levels of integrity.
Got a bunch of money meant for bribing people, can I return that in exchange for glory? Though, may have gotten rid of some of it in the lobby incident
Slept for three turns in preparation for a stakeout? No, that's not really glory worthy. . .

Assisted in the stopping and handcuffing of that one guy in the bar.

Sat in a car for eight turns attempting to stake out a park that apparently didn't need staking out. >:(

Drew attention to a general laxness of hotel security, showed the need for law enforcement and ambulances at the hotel, got rid of a goddamn annoying bell, showed off Bob's beautiful physique, increased airflow in the hotel lobby, scared the Germans upstairs a bit with gunfire, and gave the cleaning crew some good work to do. All in one turn!

Manned a get away vehicle, and assisted in collecting the other getaway vehicle, and presumably managed to avoid all entanglements with the cops in doing so.

==================================================================

ACTION: If Radio requests it, figure out a way to pick them up. Whether that be by contacting the van, getting them in the car now, or arranging a pickup in a half an hour once the car's empty, who knows. Just do the one least likely to involve any of us getting stopped by police. And consult other people in the vehicle for ideas so that we're not stuck with a single bad intelligence roll or something re-dooming us.
If Bob comes back to get people with the car, after dropping others off, make sure to pick up Simon and Alice too, besides Radio and his gang.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:47:59 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 20, 2018, 06:38:32 pm »

Ed stays put, and pulls out his rubber ducky that he got as part of his mission equipment. Ed will await Radio and will follow his instructions. I guess that means "getting to the escape vehicle post-haste," once Radio finds Ed.

"What do you think he meant by that, Mister Franklin Delano Roosevelt? 'Do not moo.' I'm not a sheep! I'm more likely to bark like a spider than purr like an eagle. Still, if my good friend and drinking buddy says 'Do not moo,' I'm not one to argue. Now then, Mister Roosevelt, I guess we have some free time. Let's go visit the Tower of Ben, or the Big Bridge, or the London of Canterbury. No moo'ing in there, I bet. No sir."

((I guess I passed a disguise check while simultaneously failing a speech roll.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 20, 2018, 07:22:23 pm »

((Guys, GO IN THE MUSEUM AND MEET INDIANA JONES, PLEASE!))
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:32:09 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 20, 2018, 07:49:33 pm »

"You are the living proof that protections from cruel and unusual punishment do not extend to British soil.

Well, whatever, just come along and stay close to me, okay? I don't feel like going on a circular goose chase right now."

Go find the boozeboy. Try to avoid interacting with police while getting to him, but do not move or act particularly suspicious (keeping the general situation in mind. No need to saunter all coolly like nothing is going on, but also don't run around screaming at a dead sprint). If Tala wanders off or goes braindead drag her along.

Should we find him this turn, start escorting him away from the premises. If people stop us, tell them we're getting an especially drunk hotel guest away because he can't evacuate under his own power. Be sure to support him while he's walking to help make the point, have Tala help with the supporting (hopefully?).

Try to get far away enough from the local hotspot so that the car or maybe the van can come pick us up safely.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:51:59 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1932 on: April 21, 2018, 02:19:54 am »

"Right, keep moving."

No, I am not calling the team, because if they come and pick us up they'll inevitably find a way to get back into danger again, despite having escaped successfully.
Just head north across the reagent's park, now at a somewhat more casual pace, and once on the other side head to wherever our headquarters were for this mission.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1933 on: April 21, 2018, 11:08:18 pm »

Reminder 4pm GMT Tomorrow, join us for some movies, cartoons, anime, and other crap
https://cytu.be/r/Unknown_signal

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 22, 2018, 11:49:37 am »

”I really hate driving with a bunch of dead people. No conversation, ya know?
“Other than that, we’ve just left Radio, Tal-lie? How do you pronounce that? Any way, we left that sniper guy and ... I want to say fat guy, but that’s not true, is it.”

Home free! Drive to wherever I need to go, maybe clean up, then call Bob to let him know that I’ll  be backup.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 228