Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467519 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #1875 on: March 23, 2018, 12:12:59 pm »

"Well, Alice, judging from the radio chatter there's not much of a reason to stay here.  Unless I'm supposed to shoot Brit cops, which... probably isn't wise.  Hmm.  We should probably get out of here before any show up.  You hungry?  I'm hungry, I'm gonna go find a restaurant."

Pack up the sniper rifles and then leave the building.  Head North, away from the bleeding hotel, and duck into the first establishment that serves food.  Order the most expensive thing on the menu, Simon can totally chalk it up to mission expenses.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 23, 2018, 01:09:52 pm »

"Oh yeah, that sounds smart."

Lunch break! I don't suppose I can get a coffee anywhere around here?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 25, 2018, 10:33:56 am »

Shoot Nazi and cover my teammates.
Also, I’m assuming I spent some amount of bullets last round, but I don’t know how many. 

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1878 on: April 02, 2018, 08:19:49 pm »

"This is the part where the battle plan fails to survive contact with the enemy, I believe. I don't think there's much we can do to help. Any ideas, Simon?"

"Well, Alice, judging from the radio chatter there's not much of a reason to stay here.  Unless I'm supposed to shoot Brit cops, which... probably isn't wise.  Hmm.  We should probably get out of here before any show up.  You hungry?  I'm hungry, I'm gonna go find a restaurant."

Pack up the sniper rifles and then leave the building.  Head North, away from the bleeding hotel, and duck into the first establishment that serves food.  Order the most expensive thing on the menu, Simon can totally chalk it up to mission expenses.

"I've heard nothing but bad things about British food; might as well go see if there's any truth to it." Simon says, stuffing the De Lisle into his bag and heading for the stairwell.

"I've had spotted dick before." Alice replies a moment later, trotting after him with the binos held behind her back.

"I can't say I'm surprised."

"No, its a food."

"Just because you put it in your mouth doesn't make it food."

The pair take the stairs down and out onto the street, making their way away from the building at brisk walk. They head north until they hit buildings and then turn west and follow the road till they reach a Cafe. Its getting later in the evening so its mostly deserted. The windows shine out into the street like searchlights and a row of bulbs illuminates a painted sign reading "The Gilded Bear" along with a picture of a gold heraldic bear. You both step in and take a seat at a table near the window, which affords you a partial view of the Crescent and the park. Alice, who gets a very odd look from the old woman waitress, orders two cups of coffee and some tomato sandwiches while Simon idly stares out the window, his bag sitting on his lap.

"You think they'll be able to handle that?" Alice asks as soon as the waitress is out of earshot.

Simon shrugs. "Maybe. If they get out fast. Longer you hang around the scene of a murder, the harder it is to get away. Death has a suction to it; draws people in and makes them start asking questions. Usually loudly."

Red smoke was still coming from the building, though only visible from their chairs as a defuse pillar rising up from somewhere behind a nearby rooftop.

"Think anyone died?"

"Didn't sound like it. Well, at least no one we know."

"I hope people we know don't die."

"What a perfect encapsulation of the limits of most people's empathy."

"I try."

((Should've made it clear the 'two fellows' were the two tough guys I saw on the way in with Radioman, them staring at me and all :x Ah well, it's all good)).

Tala waiting a second to notice that there were particularly no Nazis left, or at least those shooting in her presumption.

Room c-clear. "-And cut!"

Tend to the wounded ((Wait I don't have the medi-bags on me >_>))
Search for the printing presses; I doubt they'd have booby-trapped them at the call of maintenance crew.
If I do have my medic bag, use it on any badly wounded (-2 or less) allies, and if not, inspect the enemies.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
You start walking forward, covering your nose and mouth with one hand while waving the other -still holding your pistol- back and forth to try and clear a way through the smoke. You step over a corpse and do your best to navigate your way to the bedroom using what you remember of the room's layout. It takes a minute but you find it and [5] start to push the door open. However, you only get it a few inches open before you feel a light resistance and stop. Its not the weight of the door, or anything blocking it, rather its like there's a tension, as though you're pressing against a spring.  You look through the small opening  and see something metallic at about chest height.

You look closer and find that there is some sort of metal pin in a matching holder, with a steel wire attached to it. There's a simple mechanism that, if the door were opened too far, would pop the pin free.

"Booby traps."

((Denver has -3 Life currently and -1 Physical. I think Ed should lead the charge in though. Demoman and all.))

Rest in Hall well away from room, hold pressure on leg wound, treat with first aid kit.

"Can we get the set medic in the hallway?"

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[5] [+1 life +2 physical]
You hobble out into the hall and let yourself slide down until you land with an unceremonious thump, back propped against the wall. You get out your first aid kit and use it to cut open your pant leg enough to get at the wound and then use gauze and bandages to stop the bleeding before suturing it closed. You then wrap it in fresh bandages and use some paper tape to carefully seal it and further secure it in place. Its bloody, painful work but a syrette of morphine makes it doable.

((Hey, someone remind me, does helping yourself with your first aid kit need a roll, or can we assume that one can apply some bandaging around a hand without choking on a bandaid? Also, is bleeding leading to further loss of life/physical dice and such a thing?))

"We've, ah, dealt with the situation. We'll be in need of transportation, sooner rather than later!"

Then, turning towards his teammates, he added "Remember, if people ask, we are shooting a pivotal scene for the upcoming war flick 'Nazis are Assholes, part two: Kick 'em while They're Down'. "

Silently radio the situation to the other team members. Ask them to keep an escape vehicle ready and waiting.

Then start hiding the dead bodies in the cart. Try to make sure they won't bleed all over the floor. Be medic'd if such is forthcoming, if not and dice loss due to wounds is a mechanic then apply pressure to stem the bleeding.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You perform your eponymous duty, letting everyone not currently crouching in the hallway know whats going on. You get up, holding your bad hand in your armpit, and walk back into the room. As you go, you take a good look at your injuries. They're not great and you really aren't a fan of them, but they don't seem life threatening. Hobbling and painful, sure, but not deadly. The one in your hand is already barely bleeding thanks to the pressure, and the other has slowed to a trickle. You shrug and limp through the smoke to the closest body. injured as you are, lifting him seems unlikely, so you just grab him by the collar and haul him across the room over to the cart. Stopping them from bleeding is a pretty lost cause; they've already been bleeding all over the floor for about a minute now so some extra blood smudges really aren't gonna do much damage.

"Interior was a nightmare to begin with, but this isn't helping."

You drag all three corpses to the cart and even manage to get one in with great difficulty.

“Phew! that was hazardous! Somehow, I’m unscathed, guys!”
give my aid kit to Denver, Turn on flashlight, then follow the person who is leading the charge into the next room.
Also, piecewise, I’m gonna go away for a bit. Who wants to take over my character?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You walk up behind Tala and nearly walk straight into her as she stops at the doorway to the next room.  You hear her mutter about booby traps as she examines the door and you try to look over her shoulder. Despite leaning at various angles and standing on your toes, you can't get a good look at whatever she's looking at.

"Got a car out back here, but I don't know if it's gonna fit you all. . ."

Bob radios back to the radioman that he's got a vehicle in place, and then inquired whether anyone escapes. If no one did, he'll go back to the car and prepare to leave in a hurry.

The Radioman informs you, in some sort of approximation of an Austrian Accent, that there were no survivors. You stay in the car and keep the engine running, letting everyone know where you are.

Shoot Nazi and cover my teammates.
Also, I’m assuming I spent some amount of bullets last round, but I don’t know how many. 

5 bullets spent. No nazis to shoot. Teammates...well they're probably ok.

Statistics? Friendly fire? Snesless babbling? That's my Radio! I'm coming buddy!"
Ed will approach the suite and haul his equipment back to the end of the hall, or someplace clear of smoke, then he will assist in repairing Radio's damaged hand. If no more Nazis are forthcoming, He'll go in the apartment and search for the bombs, to disable them and add them (and the press) to his inventory.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You saunter over to the entrance and start packing things back up, unhooking tripwires and generally making the hall more or less OSHA compliant. After finishing that you head into the apartment and follow Tala's grumbling of traps. [1] You reach through the opening in the door and, with a pair of wire cutters, snip the steel wire. From inside you can hear a whiz of movement as the wire sides across something and then a clank and a half dozen metallic "PING!"s.

"Ah. Its one of those kind of traps." You say, carefully placing your wire cutters back into your bag and gingerly shutting the door, patting it twice after its closed. You spin on your heel and promptly start running.

Meanwhile, back in the hall, the first few brave, inquisitive heads start peaking out of doorways. This isn't to imply that there are severed heads taking up residence here -though that may be the state of affairs momentarily- simply that the occupants have finally reconciled curiosity and fear and are now staring at several of you. Through the smoke.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Booby Traps
« Reply #1879 on: April 02, 2018, 08:35:13 pm »

Oh. Those traps.
“That can’t be good!
To the residents:  Everyone, stay away from the door!” We have squibs in there, and some prankster just lit the fuse! Expect loud noises, possibly flames, but don’t worry, just don’t get too close!
“Hey Lady, I really am not a bomb person, so I’m just gonna run and scream descalating things at the residents!

run! Away! Then scream that everything is okay, expect a loud noise at anybody that listens.
Edit: screams.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:20:54 am by Leodanny »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 02, 2018, 08:47:56 pm »

This, folks, is a maxim 3 moment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 02, 2018, 10:41:52 pm »

If there was anything she was grateful for in all her years of training, it was a heightened sense of awareness in identifying and giving concepts to certain happenings to let them make sense--like this trapped door. She lowered the hand she held up to tap Jimmy (because it's presumed we know each other? or at least not their names but by organization) and checked her handy-talkie.

This is Tala to all units; Door to the Press is trapped. This is a good alibi for anything and the police. Let them come, I'll be dressing up for legal purposes. Also someone warn the management; preferably someone who can explain this situation formally and thoroughly. Ozarck Edward, get your tools up here. We need you.

Get everyone off the floor and into the reception area; entertain the folks and generally keep them busy outside of police business.

((More action post later))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:45:37 pm by Tiruin »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 02, 2018, 11:11:53 pm »

((The pins already pulled, the fuse is going.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 02, 2018, 11:28:47 pm »

((The pins already pulled, the fuse is going.))
((So...that last bit there wasn't Edward messing with his own tripwires? So Piece rolled for multiple actions then, good! So we know the result of what'll happen...hopefully the mission won't be busted because of that -.- I don't even know what kind of trap that is. Great! I'll leave that post up there as if that's me speaking in between Edward coming and him...doing that, running away, and leaving us being surprised or able to react in any way we please!

Posting later then! But I'll be informing people about...the messup and evacuate the floor! :-\ :-X))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 03, 2018, 07:04:19 am »

Run Fast. Take the most expeditious route away from exploding. Run with eyes wide, a sense of urgency written across every feature. Be a pargon of that most dire of auguries: The Fleeing Explosives Expert. Scream:

"RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!"

As I run. Scream it primarily at the Radio, secondarily at the confused civilians, and tertiarily at the rest of the team, but mostly, just scream it in the general direction in which Ed is running.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 03, 2018, 08:23:14 am »

Continue waiting, Bob will try to see if he can patch into actual police channels to see if they're already responding or what.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: April 03, 2018, 09:16:56 am »

Statistics? Friendly fire? Snesless babbling? That's my Radio! I'm coming buddy!"
Ed will approach the suite and haul his equipment back to the end of the hall, or someplace clear of smoke, then he will assist in repairing Radio's damaged hand. If no more Nazis are forthcoming, He'll go in the apartment and search for the bombs, to disable them and add them (and the press) to his inventory.

You saunter over to the entrance and start packing things back up, unhooking tripwires and generally making the hall more or less OSHA compliant. After finishing that you head into the apartment and follow Tala's grumbling of traps. [1] You reach through the opening in the door and, with a pair of wire cutters, snip the steel wire. From inside you can hear a whiz of movement as the wire sides across something and then a clank and a half dozen metallic "PING!"s.

"Ah. Its one of those kind of traps." You say, carefully placing your wire cutters back into your bag and gingerly shutting the door, patting it twice after its closed. You spin on your heel and promptly start running.
Tala kept a wary eye on Edward as he did all that--wondering in the split seconds why he didn't bother communicating...as an idea hit her as she got her answer.

In the time between Edward's telegraphed approach and safekeeping, she had a layout of the area given her skills as a hotel custodian/cleaning service crew -n undercover journalist. This was the third floor of a higher-rise apartment: A delayed explosive would be notable for several reasons; the one who tripped it forgot it was trapped, or some 'nosy' cleaner accidentally did it in (thus it would be disguised as the affable English-speakers cover it up while distracting the fellow); it would have a very familiar method of being deactivated, but something inconspicuous to the 'nosy' snooper until it was too late; it would create more trouble than it was worth, blowing up a whole sizeable area of a floor for the worth of keeping intelligence protected and-...

As Edward's certainty appeared fixed, Tala turned to the only other guy present nearby: Someone...she didn't really know the name of, but had the 888th mannerism about him. She had the last idea in mind of the worst case scenario, alongside the damage in the least to the PR of the 888th and their trust in the British Allied Forces if this would result in both a lost Printing Press, and multiple casualties in wartime on home soil, and at worst, a political backlash, which wasn't needed in the current time. Either way, she had two notable options--suggestably note that he was welcome to help, or to leg it out.

"Help me or run!" she said to him, having her handy-talkie still on her person in the heat of the moment (so everyone could hear), "I'm getting that explosive out! Edward, if I die here, I'll kill you!"

. . .I wish your surname was Cullen, so I can be thoroughly grumpy, Edward.

Anyway:
> Get in that area, be extremely wary about traps, with the aim of deescalating the whole thing and saving the printing press (chuck it out the window, find a switch to disarm or delay the explosive, depending on the roll, make it work out the best for narrative; this includes using my rifle or something as a disarmament aid, like shooting a wire or such, I've no idea what 'trap' this was, but this is the theme of my action), like even throwing them in the sitting room or other lesser dangerous area would be a point to do [I lack knowledge of these terms and places, but the intent is to deescalate this tense situation]
> I am not escaping this area.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:30:32 am by Tiruin »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 03, 2018, 01:15:00 pm »

Run away, yelling at everyone to get away from the room or get to cover.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 03, 2018, 01:15:33 pm »

As I run. Scream it primarily at the Radio, secondarily at the confused civilians, and tertiarily at the rest of the team, but mostly, just scream it in the general direction in which Ed is running.

"Oh goodie, an ordnance technician at a dead run." The radioman thought to himself, as he was lifting the next body onto the cart.

"Eep."

Running running running.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1889 on: April 03, 2018, 02:03:47 pm »

"Ah. Hmm. I think people we know are about to die. Ed is yelling very insistently over the radio, which isn't a good sign."

Well! What is it!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:46:14 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 228