Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467845 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1725 on: February 18, 2018, 09:49:50 pm »

"Yeah. Yeah, you just take it easy for a bit. hang in there, buddy.

I'd say 'It can't get any worse,' but you and I both know it probably will."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 19, 2018, 01:31:35 am »

"You, uh, go ahead for now boss, I still have something to finish up here. I'll catch up later."
Tala wore an expression of confusion seeing Edward walk away right after she spoke directly with him, leaving the feeling of being fully ignored; she was shocked in the moment for the complete lack of response from someone who told her to 'get over here, I'll tell you one'--in that while everyone was adults, it was quite a sleight of behavior to see this occur. Perhaps it was because she was dressed like, and spoke like a boy?

"What did happen Radio? Edward just went off and away there. If there's nothing else and I'm not needed, I'll be talking and asking about that shady fellow."

Inquire with the management about that shady person who just got handcuffed in public; do they know anything about him? Go on and seek some gossip and opinions, commenting that he yelled in German with intrigue.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:42:53 am by Tiruin »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 19, 2018, 02:52:46 am »

Assist with interagation.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 19, 2018, 08:23:19 am »

"You, uh, go ahead for now boss, I still have something to finish up here. I'll catch up later."
Tala wore an expression of confusion seeing Edward walk away right after she spoke directly with him, leaving the feeling of being fully ignored; she was shocked in the moment for the complete lack of response from someone who told her to 'get over here, I'll tell you one'--in that while everyone was adults, it was quite a sleight of behavior to see this occur. Perhaps it was because she was dressed like, and spoke like a boy?

"What did happen Radio? Edward just went off and away there. If there's nothing else and I'm not needed, I'll be talking and asking about that shady fellow."

Inquire with the management about that shady person who just got handcuffed in public; do they know anything about him? Go on and seek some gossip and opinions, commenting that he yelled in German with intrigue.
((Missed your post. I'm sorry. I wasn't ignoring you.))

To Tala, before leaving the table:

"Well, I think Radio is feeling rather embarrassed by it, so I'll save the embellishments. Basically he speaks with voice low, leaning in conspiratorially, "He gave us away. I think he was attempting a joke, but he straight up asked the guy if he was a spy. So, that particular gentleman is probably not going to get us anywhere now - he knows we're hunting them. And if he doesn't return by a certain time, likely the whole ring will up and move shop to some other neighborhood, maybe lay low for a while until things settle down for them."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1729 on: February 20, 2018, 11:47:48 pm »

remind me of the map, would ya?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As doggedly as a door-to-door salesman, Charlie combs the rectangle between the intersection of Great Portland and Marylbone, heading towards Park Crescent, flashing his badge and stopping anyone who looks suspicious or who's in a hurry to ask for ID. Keeping stiletto hidden but handy, if a suspicous group is encountered, Charlie won't confront them but tail them at a distance.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
You search around for a long while, talking to lots of people, but you don't find anything that the others haven't already found.

Ed will chat with the front desk of the hotel if such hasn't already been attempted, to find out if our friend there had a room. He'll visit any other businesses in the area whic hare open and ask about the guy as well.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
[6] You talk to the clerk at the front desk, framing yourself as a friend of the man you just captured (since your general tourist look means you have no real authority). They tell you that they can't tell you his exact room, but that if your friend is too drunk to remember his room, you should take him up to the third floor and see if he recognizes it.

Not much going on? Wouldn't be a stake out if a lot of things were happening. Keep careful watch, seat leaned back a bit so that Bob isn't immediately visible to anyone who might walk by the vehicle.

You watch Charlie wander around a bit. Heh.

Assist with interagation.

"We don't have an experienced interrogator here yet, but we may as well get the basics out of the way. Sir, how would you like to give us some information in exchange for amnesty?"

Start interrogating the suspect in the polite way. If Lupanian doesn't post, I'll puppet Carolina to assist me, as she has +1 Interrogation.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
[1]
You set the man down, very seriously look at him and then ask him about Hitler's genitals. Specifically how "Nice" they are.

He just stares at you with complete, boldfaced lack of comprehension.

Time for some hard drinking to wash away the taste of that one.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You order a drink but...can you drink?

[6]
Your badge gets an answer of saying he's in room 344. Other than that, they don't know anything other than his habit of hanging out at the bar.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 21, 2018, 12:00:36 am »

((I'm assuming room 344 isn't OUR room that we brought him to <_> Also added my badge into my inventory. Oops!))
"Well, I think Radio is feeling rather embarrassed by it, so I'll save the embellishments. Basically he speaks with voice low, leaning in conspiratorially, "He gave us away. I think he was attempting a joke, but he straight up asked the guy if he was a spy. So, that particular gentleman is probably not going to get us anywhere now - he knows we're hunting them. And if he doesn't return by a certain time, likely the whole ring will up and move shop to some other neighborhood, maybe lay low for a while until things settle down for them."
Ed, check room 344. You've a mechanics kit as far as I know. That was his room, as far as they told me when I asked with management. I'll keep watch out here for anything. You're the best man for that...and apparently his friend?

Tala keeps watch outside (or in any place within earshot of reception inside), inconspicuously browsing the local news (because it is intriguing). Priorities are people who could be connected in anyway to that one guy that got cuffed up or looking for him.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 21, 2018, 08:14:39 am »

"Heh, Charlie. Guess it means I'm pretty inconspicuous here, so that's good." Bob murmured to himself.

Stakeout! Bob's gonna just fiddle with his pistol right now. Disassembling it, maybe cleaning it, then putting it back together with the suppressor on.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 21, 2018, 08:34:32 am »

To Tala:
"344 eh? Alright. Hmm. Maybe a mechanic's kit isn't the best way here, but it could come in handy, anyway. Now, I wonder when the guy infamous in the 888th for solving every problem with high explosives became the best man for a quiet infiltration job? Well, let's do what we do, I guess.

Oh hey, you got some pull with the desk, then? See if you can't get a skeleton key (that's a sort of universal key that should open any door in the building), or at least, a copy of the room key. Maybe have them dial our boss for confirmation that we need it."

Action:
Ed goes up to the rented room, to a) relieve the captive of his room key, and b) converse with the other interrogators, preferaly out of earshot of said captive:

"Tala says this guy is in room 344. ((Probably the room key will confirm or correct this info)). Simon, would you like to set up across the street from that room and be ready to shoot? Any other snipers too. As for the rest, we should set up at the ends of the hallway, maybe have someone rappel down from the roof (or balcony, if we have those). I'd like the best German speaker to come with me, but I warn you, I'm probably going to die, and so is anyone within about ... oh, say twenty feet or so of me. Hmm. speaking of which, might want to quietly clear out the rooms immediately below and above our target. Maybe the ones left and right, too, if we can do it without tipping anyone off. Hey! Ask the Kraut what the secret knock is!

Oh hey! I bet we could smoke 'em out! Someone set a trash can fire and we'll set off the fire call. Oh, don't do it yet, though! Just because this fellow was in 344, doesn't mean they all are. But he did shout downstairs, did he not? so they are probably nearby at any rate.

Action, continued:
Ed will find a quiet spot(so as to not accidentally immolate everyone else), rig up a deadman's switch on one of his satchel charges, and prepare to head to room 344.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 21, 2018, 06:07:37 pm »

[1]
You set the man down, very seriously look at him and then ask him about Hitler's genitals. Specifically how "Nice" they are.

Immediately shoot self in head with pistol.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 21, 2018, 06:48:04 pm »

[1]

Immediately shoot self in head with pistol.
((If Tala could hear anything, she'd personally suggest you use that as a springboard rather than self-shame :P I'd personally say 'use that confusion as a follow-up'.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 22, 2018, 02:39:19 am »

Be in the same place as our hostage.  Take out the lightning rifle and inspect/toy with it; I know it has a limited magazine, but if it's unloaded, could it still shock as a melee weapon?  Or, more relevantly, a torture device?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 22, 2018, 01:22:03 pm »

I'll use my interrogation skills, and language skills (already so eloquently demonstrated), to take over the interrogation myself.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 22, 2018, 02:27:32 pm »

You order a drink but...can you drink?

No idea, but question is, do I really need to? I think that sitting there with some alcohol and sulking is easily half the work of drinking your sorrows.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1738 on: February 22, 2018, 04:25:03 pm »

I'll use my interrogation skills, and language skills (already so eloquently demonstrated), to take over the interrogation myself.

...assist.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 22, 2018, 10:07:52 pm »

Can I have the knife? Please?
The Jimmy man
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 228