Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467996 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1695 on: February 10, 2018, 12:37:48 am »

Ed will ruthlessly needle Radio about his obvious sabotage of the mission, and more importantly, of Ed's spiel.

""Hahahaha. Way to go, Benedict Radiarnold. Man, you couldn't have sabotaged our efforts more if you tried.

You weren't trying, were you? I mean, that was a pretty obvious line there, buddy. Ahahahahahah. Well, hopefully the others can track him to their location and get in there before he alerts the rest of his people to our sting.

Come on, we gotta get you in front of a courtmartial board in the morning. I think we can go out and pick you up a Tux for it. Gotta look good for the Brass!"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1696 on: February 10, 2018, 12:40:36 am »

"Wow, sounds like someone really fucked up down there. Think it's De Lisle time? Nahhhh."

Guy. Watch, using binoculars.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1697 on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:30 am »

"Lost for leads at the moment Bob. There should be a way to get a start on them but there's just too many places to start and too many areas that are too vague. Did the Radioman give any word on receiving any outgoing radio signals? It'll be twilight soon so...today's not given much at all. At least I have these bird whistles we can communicate with--we could use them at night, while someone else goes incognito as a police officer idling by a stand, so that anyone who watches us can notice we're doing something legal. I'll try going to the Radioman; he's the only one I recall who can conspicuously...carry a radio. You gonna be okay up there? You know my handie-code if you want to say anything; I'd love to stay in touch."

(Hopefully a) Quickaction: Tala checked the time and checked other areas of the roof, before deciding to go to where the Radioman is, ruffling up her look to change back to her 'not-female appearance'.

Otherwise if you need a more...filling action: tail the guy that Radioman just insulted. Inconspicuously. I wish I had my camouflage skill.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
You are not on the roof. You are in the bar, with Bob, as your previous action dictated. So tailing the guy is easy enough though its hard to be too inconspicuous with it: the man is going too fast to just casually walk behind him.

Move to intercept the man, hold out a badge and tell him to halt. Have my Luger at the ready, but out of sight. If he starts to attack, I'll defend myself. I'm aiming for non-lethal if possible.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
"Ah, well. Good luck with radioman, I'm gonna see what I can do with that guy, maybe sooth things over. I'll take a whistle though." Bob waves, then steps up to follow the man who was leaving the bar, and will hopefully be up in time to sort of intercept the woman who was about to intercept the other guy.

"Hey! No need for things to get rowdy. My friend here was just leaving the bar. Tha's still legal, right? He was gettin harassed, and stuff, that guy with the weird head. We can sort this out calmly right, let a peaceable man go on his way?"

Accept a bird whistle from Tala. Then go and attempt to soothe things over with what might be about to break out. Bob will be trying to ingratiate himself to this suspect. If that fails, he'll try to pull a mild good cop routine here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stand by outside ready to grab the guy if he runs.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You three work together and grab the man as soon as he leaves the bar and breaks from a swift walk to a flat out sprint. Using the gear provided with your uniforms you quickly handcuff him. He starts yelling something in german so you gag him as well. Don't want him warning anyone you're coming.

"Wow, sounds like someone really fucked up down there. Think it's De Lisle time? Nahhhh."

Guy. Watch, using binoculars.

Can't see him. Musta caught him downstairs.

Ed will ruthlessly needle Radio about his obvious sabotage of the mission, and more importantly, of Ed's spiel.

""Hahahaha. Way to go, Benedict Radiarnold. Man, you couldn't have sabotaged our efforts more if you tried.

You weren't trying, were you? I mean, that was a pretty obvious line there, buddy. Ahahahahahah. Well, hopefully the others can track him to their location and get in there before he alerts the rest of his people to our sting.

Come on, we gotta get you in front of a courtmartial board in the morning. I think we can go out and pick you up a Tux for it. Gotta look good for the Brass!"

"I see you are completely dumbstruck by your successful sabotage. Or are you simply exercising your right not to self incriminate?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 12, 2018, 09:59:03 am »

((Sorry I didn't parse it that way  :-X))

Tala quickly and casually glanced around, and noticed she was as inconspicuous as the other people going ??? at the sudden police-folks, which meant she was pretty much okay. Otherwise, as she was okay, and her friends were probably not, given what Radioman had said, that meant he was calling out to some other folks; if this would be the case, she could easily make one out of many sorts of casual diversions for anyone that would interrupt the 'policemen' with their job (that and it was against the law to do that).

Try to make out what he said in German. Look around for anyone reacting and innocuously warn the police if they are; otherwise if there are none, casually go outside and check around for any possible accomplices, or watchers, of that strange man who just got handcuffed.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 12, 2018, 05:00:41 pm »

"Oh o sir, I uhh... It was all part of the plan! Yes, see, now the others can interrogate him and find out where his buddies are hiding. And if he won't talk we can have one of the others he hasn't seen yet 'help' him escape, after which he'll surely trust him and lead us right to our target. All part of the plan, yes yes." He whispered to Ed, who was luckily taking all of this in stride.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 13, 2018, 07:39:36 am »

Ed will continue chatting with his treacherous equipment.

"Yeah, that's a nice, almost plausible explanation. Good save. I especially like the part abotu one of the others 'helping' him escape. get a guy on the inside, if we're lucky. Could be entertaining. Still, I was so looking forward to selling rag papers full of outlandish claims and ridiculous scandals. Well, maybe if i survive this war. Maybe."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 13, 2018, 07:23:22 pm »

Bob is gonna head out into the park to begin a sort of stakeout. He'll tell someone on the team where he's going, then try to find an unobtrusive spot where he can spend the night watching all the goings on in the park.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 13, 2018, 07:58:24 pm »

With help of friends, take him to surveillance can and go somewhere where people aren't going to notice us.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:13:09 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 13, 2018, 11:32:42 pm »

Overwatch as the team extracts their hostage, and go to meet up with them when they take him... wherever they take him.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1704 on: February 14, 2018, 11:19:36 am »

((Sorry I didn't parse it that way  :-X))

Tala quickly and casually glanced around, and noticed she was as inconspicuous as the other people going ??? at the sudden police-folks, which meant she was pretty much okay. Otherwise, as she was okay, and her friends were probably not, given what Radioman had said, that meant he was calling out to some other folks; if this would be the case, she could easily make one out of many sorts of casual diversions for anyone that would interrupt the 'policemen' with their job (that and it was against the law to do that).

Try to make out what he said in German. Look around for anyone reacting and innocuously warn the police if they are; otherwise if there are none, casually go outside and check around for any possible accomplices, or watchers, of that strange man who just got handcuffed.

[3] You think he was shouting a warning of some kind, but you're not really sure.

You take a look around and though some people are looking at you and the scene unfolding, no one is running off. They're just kind of rubber necking.

Bob is gonna head out into the park to begin a sort of stakeout. He'll tell someone on the team where he's going, then try to find an unobtrusive spot where he can spend the night watching all the goings on in the park.

You head out to stake out the park for the night. You park a car along the road and use that as your base of operations. Better than sitting in a bush for 8 hours.

Overwatch as the team extracts their hostage, and go to meet up with them when they take him... wherever they take him.

With help of friends, take him to surveillance can and go somewhere where people aren't going to notice us.

Extricate to a secure location or to your rented apartment in this building? Both are technically safe.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 14, 2018, 12:38:27 pm »

Casually go outside and keep watch for anyone looking or keeping an eye on this place.

Noticing an opportunity, Tala radioed the rooftop folks and other inconspicuous assets available. Suspicious guy confronted by Radioman; tried to leave, got detained. Shouted something in German. I heard what he said. Sounded like a warning. Couldn't pick out the fine details. Will check outside for watchers. Wondering if I can help.

She wondered if that man (who she had difficulty making out details of) that the other 888th police'd had either two plans:
1. Do some of his thing here, probably his rest time, and report back, if he was connected at all to the propagandeers.
2. He had accomplices who were waiting on him nearby or who were nearby and doing their own thing (or at least keeping watch).
3. He is an unfortunate fellow disconnected to the others.

However seeing someone yell in German, in London, at this explicable time of the year, in this situation, was something of concern. She did know that she could act as a reporter however, given her outfit if she would, but she left the planning and coordination to the others and made note of it.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:56:15 am by Tiruin »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 14, 2018, 08:15:13 pm »

But what if Bob wanted to sit in a bush for eight hours
Bob settles into the car, trying to get comfortable, but not too comfortable. Wouldn't want to fall asleep on the job. Stakeouts. He'd always heard they were the worst, so time to learn first hand.
Bob will turn on a radio station with low volume, to listen to some music or maybe a cricket game or something while he sits around. Also, Bob will crack on of the doors open slightly now, so if he needs to follow someone later, it won't make too much noise.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1707 on: February 14, 2018, 08:29:36 pm »

Go to the place we're dragging this guy. So I can make sure we don't do something, I dunno, needlessly cruel and unethical to him.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 14, 2018, 11:21:15 pm »

Charlie radios the main channel, having loafed around all day: "Anything going on, everyone? Anything suspicious happened yet?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: February 14, 2018, 11:43:53 pm »

"Well, someone's certainly acted suspicious. It was one of our own, though."
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 228