Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468167 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1680 on: February 05, 2018, 08:48:02 pm »

Sorry I haven't been active, I'm in the middle of the college thing. Just to be clear, if I don't post, just assume I'm not doing anything. Don't wait for me if you have been.

Assuming I'm aware what's going on, I'll go stand by near the entrance of the pub. I'll try to stay out of sight, as I'm still in my Police uniform, and don't want to arouse suspicion.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 05, 2018, 10:18:21 pm »

Wake up. Be groggy. Head down to the bar (or to the park if I've got locations confused and stuff. If Bob goes to the park, he'll start scouting around for good bushes to hide in that might have a view of much of the park).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 05, 2018, 11:58:34 pm »

Before the timeskip for Radio...

Sorry I haven't been active, I'm in the middle of the college thing. Just to be clear, if I don't post, just assume I'm not doing anything. Don't wait for me if you have been.

Assuming I'm aware what's going on, I'll go stand by near the entrance of the pub. I'll try to stay out of sight, as I'm still in my Police uniform, and don't want to arouse suspicion.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
((Grabbed your sheet there too))
I'll assume that if in any case that your action above cannot be done, or the situation changes: I gave an order to Carolina to do things rather than doing nothing--along the standing order of 'continue police work', to keep track of any signs of those deliveries in her area; standing order is to approach and inquire, rather than interrogate and give a ticket'

((If this is okay, Piece. For me, it's better than leaving a potential character who is invested in this, to do nothing))

Tala thanked the newspaper guy politely, stuffing that defeatist paper in her coat.
Go about and keep watch for these drop zones near and around the park. Any leads I can encounter (or think of) as a start, for seeking our propagandists?

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:00:41 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 06, 2018, 08:29:59 am »

Attempt to rouse the bar in song! Something with gusto. Basically, act as a distracting element so the guy doesn't question Radio's interest too much. Continue to attempt to make bar bets. Maybe we could settle the question as to which is the fastest game bird in Europe! Over a pint of Guinness, of course.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1684 on: February 07, 2018, 11:50:25 am »

Buy him a drink, start talking about this defeatist newspaper. Subtle interrogation starto!

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You buy a pair of drinks and then walk over to the table the man is sitting at. You set them both down and then sit down across from him. You start to ask him about that newspaper but he immediately interrupts  and asks you whats up with your head.

Be standing in back alley ready to catch the guy if he leaves through back entrance.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
There's no back entry or anything like that, so you go loiter in the hall outside the bar.

You also go hang around near the pub entrance. Not near enough to look like you're staking it out or anything, but just sort of there.

Wake up. Be groggy. Head down to the bar (or to the park if I've got locations confused and stuff. If Bob goes to the park, he'll start scouting around for good bushes to hide in that might have a view of much of the park).

You walk down to the bar and take a seat at the bar itself, ordering a drink and acting as nonchalant and unconnected to the man with a radio head as you can.

Before the timeskip for Radio...

((Grabbed your sheet there too))
I'll assume that if in any case that your action above cannot be done, or the situation changes: I gave an order to Carolina to do things rather than doing nothing--along the standing order of 'continue police work', to keep track of any signs of those deliveries in her area; standing order is to approach and inquire, rather than interrogate and give a ticket'

((If this is okay, Piece. For me, it's better than leaving a potential character who is invested in this, to do nothing))

Tala thanked the newspaper guy politely, stuffing that defeatist paper in her coat.
Go about and keep watch for these drop zones near and around the park. Any leads I can encounter (or think of) as a start, for seeking our propagandists?

You go stake out the area near the statue and wait. Nothing shows up for the moment.

Attempt to rouse the bar in song! Something with gusto. Basically, act as a distracting element so the guy doesn't question Radio's interest too much. Continue to attempt to make bar bets. Maybe we could settle the question as to which is the fastest game bird in Europe! Over a pint of Guinness, of course.

[6]
You rouse several of the more active members of the bar into a round of "I used to work in Chicago in an old department store". The Goatee guy looks up a bit around the "Mein Shaft" part.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 07, 2018, 12:04:16 pm »

Keep the stakeout! Get one of the local newspapers and be engrossed in it (but don't forget the stakeout).

Before sundown, report back to Bob and stick around him (Strider03), being totally casual. While doing so, just think about practical things that could be done for the mission, unless something happens to us or other 888th around us. Possible themes could be 'how would I address a person who I guess is a propagandist, if I wanted to join them or get a job as a delivery person'.

Since Tala wasn't in her birdwatcher mannerisms, she just acquired a nearby newspaper and continued passive monitoring of the area. The local news was something however, many details about localized on-goings, job ads, stories of other people and places...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1686 on: February 07, 2018, 02:52:29 pm »

"Blehhhh."

Watch some stuff from my nice rooftop.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 07, 2018, 03:27:00 pm »

"It's a medical thing. Now, about that paper..."

You know what to do.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 08, 2018, 07:55:35 am »

Ed plops down cheerily next to Radio, with a beer in hand and the lingering rounds of teh department store song in his ears, and says the following:

"DOn't let my friend here fool you. That: pointing to the "Radio" is advertising. Publicity, notoriety! The draw. An audience generator.

Ed reaches out to shake hands with the guy, and continues: John Jones, Capital Investments and Publishing House. We're in the business of the public perception. Entertainment, information, rousing political debate, sexy scandals involving powerful men and scantily clad ladies. And business is booming.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 09, 2018, 07:59:26 am »

Bob's eyes drifted over the bar, smiling at the fact that Ed had got them all singing so early in the evening.

When Tala arrived, he waited till she was close enough to hear, then murmured, "Ah, hey Tala. See they got a lot of our guys in here. Anyway, took a bit of a rest, so I should be able to go all night with staking out the park tailing, what-not."

"You want something to drink while we discuss stuff and plan? I'm guessing you probably did something this afternoon."

Order one or two beers (depending on if Tala wants one) and listen to any intel she may have received.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1690 on: February 09, 2018, 09:31:19 am »

Keep the stakeout! Get one of the local newspapers and be engrossed in it (but don't forget the stakeout).

Before sundown, report back to Bob and stick around him (Strider03), being totally casual. While doing so, just think about practical things that could be done for the mission, unless something happens to us or other 888th around us. Possible themes could be 'how would I address a person who I guess is a propagandist, if I wanted to join them or get a job as a delivery person'.

Since Tala wasn't in her birdwatcher mannerisms, she just acquired a nearby newspaper and continued passive monitoring of the area. The local news was something however, many details about localized on-goings, job ads, stories of other people and places...

You stake the place out until sundown (which is when everyone else currently is) and then go hang out with Bob.

As per proper methods of addressing propagandists or joining them, you assume just to act like you're in agreement with them.

"Blehhhh."

Watch some stuff from my nice rooftop.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Some stuff to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHrCI9eSJGQ

You don't see anything mission related by the way. Its pretty boring.

"It's a medical thing. Now, about that paper..."

You know what to do.

"Please do not pay attention to my dental headgear."
[1]
"So, are you a german spy, sent here to print propaganda and undermine English Morale?"

The man just...stares for a long moment and then scoots back in his chair, stands up, and starts walking for the door at a hurried pace.

Ed plops down cheerily next to Radio, with a beer in hand and the lingering rounds of teh department store song in his ears, and says the following:

"DOn't let my friend here fool you. That: pointing to the "Radio" is advertising. Publicity, notoriety! The draw. An audience generator.

Ed reaches out to shake hands with the guy, and continues: John Jones, Capital Investments and Publishing House. We're in the business of the public perception. Entertainment, information, rousing political debate, sexy scandals involving powerful men and scantily clad ladies. And business is booming.

You shout your pitch after the man as he runs away, shaking hands with nothing. After a moment you sigh and take a drink of the beer. Probably gonna need it.

Bob's eyes drifted over the bar, smiling at the fact that Ed had got them all singing so early in the evening.

When Tala arrived, he waited till she was close enough to hear, then murmured, "Ah, hey Tala. See they got a lot of our guys in here. Anyway, took a bit of a rest, so I should be able to go all night with staking out the park tailing, what-not."

"You want something to drink while we discuss stuff and plan? I'm guessing you probably did something this afternoon."

Order one or two beers (depending on if Tala wants one) and listen to any intel she may have received.
You order two beers. You are sipping on one when you notice the man that Radio was talking to moving for the door.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 09, 2018, 09:56:13 am »

"Lost for leads at the moment Bob. There should be a way to get a start on them but there's just too many places to start and too many areas that are too vague. Did the Radioman give any word on receiving any outgoing radio signals? It'll be twilight soon so...today's not given much at all. At least I have these bird whistles we can communicate with--we could use them at night, while someone else goes incognito as a police officer idling by a stand, so that anyone who watches us can notice we're doing something legal. I'll try going to the Radioman; he's the only one I recall who can conspicuously...carry a radio. You gonna be okay up there? You know my handie-code if you want to say anything; I'd love to stay in touch."

(Hopefully a) Quickaction: Tala checked the time and checked other areas of the roof, before deciding to go to where the Radioman is, ruffling up her look to change back to her 'not-female appearance'.

Otherwise if you need a more...filling action: tail the guy that Radioman just insulted. Inconspicuously. I wish I had my camouflage skill.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:45:01 am by Tiruin »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 09, 2018, 09:50:54 pm »

Move to intercept the man, hold out a badge and tell him to halt. Have my Luger at the ready, but out of sight. If he starts to attack, I'll defend myself. I'm aiming for non-lethal if possible.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 09, 2018, 10:08:24 pm »

"Ah, well. Good luck with radioman, I'm gonna see what I can do with that guy, maybe sooth things over. I'll take a whistle though." Bob waves, then steps up to follow the man who was leaving the bar, and will hopefully be up in time to sort of intercept the woman who was about to intercept the other guy.

"Hey! No need for things to get rowdy. My friend here was just leaving the bar. Tha's still legal, right? He was gettin harassed, and stuff, that guy with the weird head. We can sort this out calmly right, let a peaceable man go on his way?"

Accept a bird whistle from Tala. Then go and attempt to soothe things over with what might be about to break out. Bob will be trying to ingratiate himself to this suspect. If that fails, he'll try to pull a mild good cop routine here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 09, 2018, 10:34:48 pm »

Stand by outside ready to grab the guy if he runs.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 228