Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467765 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1635 on: January 26, 2018, 12:35:26 pm »

Location: With Strider03/Bob, undercover as birdwatchers. Park Square West area.
Simon Smith/syvarris is with us.

"Time to get some more paper!"

Tala nudged Bob and discussed her ideas in private. "We've got decent folks with us. Simon decided to tag along; good man as I've heard since the landings. Told him to keep watch to inform us. I think you'll be the best to talk to folks here, what with your linguisitic acumen. I'll keep watch too, and if Simon or I will spot anyone, either you or me could go over and...inquire about the place. Tourism is fun!"

If Strider doesn't post a bolded action: The plan is as above; he will handle procurement of things and finding a very good spot to overlook the area and roadways (somewhere indiscreet and not to be disturbed by neighbors, or that cannot disturb neighbors).

If this area is not a suitable location for that--he focuses on getting as close as possible with conversation to squeeze details regarding delivery services in this area. For us 'birdwatchers' to synchronize our time and all and not disturb the peace, if there is a formalized time. (Is there a curfew? When is the peak time for paper deliveries, and where usually are they seen? What about ones related to the war effort...as an aside, because conversations usually take quite a bit of time and our rare birds are migratory due to the war)

Tala will focus on watching...for people watching us, alongside looking for those random drops, especially the characteristics of those people and any possible quirks. To note in notepad for easier notation.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

-snip-

((Stuffed your stuff in the van equipment spoiler, edited your sheet here to be your possible current sheet; the link shows your original format, I just pressed it all together here :P
Also dear goodness, your stats are awesome! And the equipment you have--double that! That is some GLORY racking there.
Also unsure if you have 0 glory. Will check for you later on and edit this post if you're not around.))

Simon Smith keeps a wary lookout for anything matching those paper deliveries or randomized drop locations, and will notify Tala or Bob about them. (Possibly use camouflage skill for the drop locations too?)
As I've said, there's no real Super high place to overlook the entire area or all the streets. Any apartment or hotel around here would work to keep an eye on that area, but you'd need to tell me the area you wanna keep an eye on.

No curfew

Papers, assuming you mean newspapers, are delivered by reputable dealers in the morning and evening, and in the early morning by the men you're looking for. And as previously stated, they are seen in areas of high foot traffic where they are likely to be picked up.  Or are you asking about Paper as in just plain paper? Paper delivery isn't that highly regimented that they know exact peak hours of when it is delivered.

Papers related to the war effort? Is that what you're asking?

There are lots of people giving you looks because you're asking a lot of very specific and somewhat odd questions. No one seems to be following you though.

They'd probably consider you a lone weirdo so long as you don't openly associate with the others.
((I'm willing to let others suffer the risk take that risk.))

Join Ed in his needling of the locals for all sorts of information! One of the defeatist newspapers doesn't happen to have a copy lying around inside, does it?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Attempt to lighten the mood and strike up conversation:
"Tough crowd, eh? How 'bout we lighten the mood? Radio, play something ... patriotic. A game of darts, anyone? A round on me for anyone who joins the game!"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
There are none of the newspapers just sitting around and, oddly, these men hard drinking at 11am seem to have little interest in doing anything other than hard drinking. Especially when you're accompanied by a man wearing (?) a radio.

"I've identified a suspect. There are a couple actions I could take. I could, with help hopefully, detain him. Or, I could follow him, and see what he's up to. Maybe he'll lead us to a drop location. In any case, I'm requesting help at the Langham, since this could get hairy fast. "

"Additionally, I've decided to modify the parameters of operation Adolesent Ninja. Any plan with a recon component should be Adolesent Ninja. Since we are already engaged in recon, I officially move to name this operation Adolescent Ninja."

Try to maintain a visual on the pale guy. If anyone else makes any direct actions, I'll assist.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I think you misunderstood. You just talked to someone and got a description, you didn't actually see the guy.

((Oh, right, forgot a bolded action last time. . .))
"Got it. I'll get to searching out what I can." Tourism might be fun, but there was the fact that tourists were sometimes not to the people living in the area. Hopefully they wouldn't be too much of a nuisance.

Follow Tiruin's plan, start searching out good perches to spy from. Figure out how good they are by determining whether they're easily visible/obvious from the ground. (If this is contradictory to what Tiruin said, sorry. Just a little busy today.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Are you looking for a room or would a rooftop do? And what section of the search area?

If I can make it back to the hotel in 10 minutes or less, go back and approach the van from behind.

If not, wander over to the petrol station and ask if they know somewhere I can buy a used van from.

"Hm. I think we could ask at the petrol station if there are any good birdwatching spots around."

Did I say something that made it seem like the suspect was actually there and not like they were getting a description?

"You radio the status back to the team and then head up to talk to the guest. They identify a pale man in fairly upscale dress pushing a handcart over to the corner repeatedly with lots of boxes. You get a description of a man with mustache and goatee but its pretty vague. "

They talked to a guest who told them about seeing that guy. Thats it.

As per a used van the garage doesn't have one, the recommend checking the personals in a newspaper.

"Oi! You can't dump your trash here! This is a public street!"

Run up to the van and start yelling at the driver and people unloading. Act as if I think they're just dumping their rubbish here.
Um, unless there aren't any other witnesses. I'd rather not just get shot.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Nope.

Still just a description.

"Hm.  Wonder if we should go buy some shotguns.  Birdwatchers use shotguns, right?  Be good for the disguise, and I wouldn't mind expanding my collection, heh."

Simon's sticking loosely near Tala, keeping watch for anything interesting or possibly related to the mission.  He'll mostly stay a fair distance away from her, not wanting to make the group more conspicuous as a whole.

((@Tir  Simon does indeed have 0 GLORY, I spent all of it on the De Lisle.  I put the "...?" on the end as a sort of OOC humor--Simon would find it very strange that he has no GLORY, as he believes himself to be quite glorious indeed.  Apologies for the confusion that caused.))

You follow along with Tala.

If you could explain her actions to me while also watching out for anyone tailing you, that would be great.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1636 on: January 26, 2018, 06:52:54 pm »

Um, what? That wasn't a description. I wasn't asking for a description, I was just hanging about and you said that a van pulled up near me.

Loiter around and watch for anything, yaknow, interesting.
It takes a couple of hours but eventually a white van stops on the corner and starts unloading a few bundles of news papers.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 26, 2018, 07:36:28 pm »

[...]

If you could explain her actions to me while also watching out for anyone tailing you, that would be great.
((Could I have it retconned that I'm actively questioning the same set of questions actioned earlier? :-\ I didn't know it was still being asked when it was only made for that situation. I was trying to get an area where people could easily check on other areas is all, where my main action here was to keep watch for anyone watching us...Rather than continue making overt actions that draw unneeded and unnecessary attention.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 26, 2018, 08:00:36 pm »

"Seems this lot is a lost cause. Like they've already surrendered. Alright, Radio, my man, let's get out of here and leave these miserable sods to their self pity. We'll come back when the place is more lively."
With a dismissive insult, Ed heads out to rent a room at the inn we are targeting. He'll complain affably about the drinking establishment and ask the front desk about more easygoing bars in the area, or other entertainment that might be found nearby as well.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1639 on: January 26, 2018, 08:14:25 pm »

Um, what? That wasn't a description. I wasn't asking for a description, I was just hanging about and you said that a van pulled up near me.

Loiter around and watch for anything, yaknow, interesting.
It takes a couple of hours but eventually a white van stops on the corner and starts unloading a few bundles of news papers.

You yell at the driver and he tells you he's just delivering the papers where he was paid to deliver them. It doesn't seem to intimidated.

[...]

((Could I have it retconned that I'm actively questioning the same set of questions actioned earlier? :-\ I didn't know it was still being asked when it was only made for that situation. I was trying to get an area where people could easily check on other areas is all, where my main action here was to keep watch for anyone watching us...Rather than continue making overt actions that draw unneeded and unnecessary attention.))
When ya give me two paragraphs bolded, I'm gonna assume its a giant list of actions or questions to me.  What in that giant list wasn't an action or question you wanted done now? And again, if you want an area to keep watch you're gonna have to tell me where on the map you want to keep watch. There's no place to watch this entire 10 block wide area, you have to choose a section  you wanna keep an eye on.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 26, 2018, 08:24:44 pm »

"What, somebody's paying you to drop your waste paper off on the street? Take this crap to the dump, you idiot!"

I'm afraid that this fellow will have to explain exactly what he's doing and why before Alice the Cop will stop bothering him. Otherwise I'll just keep intentionally misunderstanding and claiming that he's dropping some sort of rubbish on the side of the street.
Basically, frustrate him into explaining himself. I'm more likely to get the info I want if I don't ask, but make giving it to me the path of least resistance.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 08:26:41 pm by Egan_BW »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 27, 2018, 09:57:00 am »

Currently looking for any building overlooking the park, specifically the drop sight. A roof is preferable, buy if Bob can get a room where he won't be disturbed, that'd be just fine. He'll make a note of anything that needs to be done to make sure he isn't disturbed, so that he can come by in the evening when he actually wants to do the stake out or whatever.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 27, 2018, 10:08:43 am »

Currently looking for any building overlooking the park, specifically the drop sight. A roof is preferable, buy if Bob can get a room where he won't be disturbed, that'd be just fine. He'll make a note of anything that needs to be done to make sure he isn't disturbed, so that he can come by in the evening when he actually wants to do the stake out or whatever.
[...]
"Let's rent a place in that building. Looks good for birdwatching."

Keep watching for people watching us, inconspicuously--retcon any questions asked since last turn, please!
The Southeast building to the park is a suggested place to rent, preferably with parking. (only if it matches Bob/Strider03's preferences)
And if there's nobody I see, keep watch for of those propaganda drops in heavy traffic areas.

Knowing the difficulty of forging a fake bird or specie, Tala took the initiative before the mission to do some research of her own, acquire copies of city birds, and do some slight edits that even commonfolk who probably lived here their whole lives may not have known. Even slight details to city birds was something usually not taken note of.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 27, 2018, 04:35:45 pm »

"Alright, I understand.  You can trust me, those 'birds' will be 'edited' better than you've ever seen anyone 'edit', guaranteed!  Just gotta find a good birdwatching perch, heheh."

Simon thinks Tala told him to set up his sniper rifle and get ready to shoot Nazis, so he's gonna head to an unpopulated rooftop that he can access, which overlooks one of the main roads that the mail would come in on.  If Alice radio'd in that she found a truck, he'll go for a place that overlooks her road.  Height is not important, it just needs to not have people up there already.

I can... uh, try?  As far as her action, she wants just keep watching for tails and paper drops, and have last turn's questions retconned so they were never asked; I.E. retcon it so Tala hasn't said anything to anyone, and therefore isn't blatantly undercover.

As far as the bit below her action, about copying and editting birds... uh.  Maybe... maybe she thinks the Nazis are sending information to the writers via carrier pidgeon, which could be intercepted and their messages altered...?  Either that, or she thinks birds are actually just really really good origami covered in Nazi propaganda.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 28, 2018, 12:06:24 am »

As far as the bit below her action, about copying and editting birds... uh.  Maybe... maybe she thinks the Nazis are sending information to the writers via carrier pidgeon, which could be intercepted and their messages altered...?  Either that, or she thinks birds are actually just really really good origami covered in Nazi propaganda.
((Silly cover story more like. I actually do have bird pictures that I could retexture in the ol' british make--like how those posters seemed in WW2 themed movies? It's more the reasoning of 'we have snipers on this team, how can we use them best? Because counterfeiters usually don't access...roofs, and ask to 'not be bothered'.' Alongside having watching equipment out in the open too, and using it in a way that isn't socially objectionable (because social norms having people, without a purpose of having binoculars and otherwise out, makes it look weird and questionable).

I mean I could requisition a giant plushie bunny and hug it all around town, and nobody else will comment on it other than its size because it's just not a social norm--but plushies are okay. :P

My apologies for being drastically unclear that the GM too, becomes bothered. :-\))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:08:12 am by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 28, 2018, 10:29:04 am »

"Seems this lot is a lost cause. Like they've already surrendered. Alright, Radio, my man, let's get out of here and leave these miserable sods to their self pity. We'll come back when the place is more lively."
With a dismissive insult, Ed heads out to rent a room at the inn we are targeting. He'll complain affably about the drinking establishment and ask the front desk about more easygoing bars in the area, or other entertainment that might be found nearby as well.

"Yes si- erm, I mean, sure thing boss! Let's skedaddlidoo."

This joint is boring. Find us another!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 28, 2018, 05:25:16 pm »

"Heading over."

Go to where the guy is delivering newspapers, approach from behind.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1647 on: January 29, 2018, 09:26:15 am »

"Yes si- erm, I mean, sure thing boss! Let's skedaddlidoo."

This joint is boring. Find us another!

[...]
"Let's rent a place in that building. Looks good for birdwatching."

Keep watching for people watching us, inconspicuously--retcon any questions asked since last turn, please!
The Southeast building to the park is a suggested place to rent, preferably with parking. (only if it matches Bob/Strider03's preferences)
And if there's nobody I see, keep watch for of those propaganda drops in heavy traffic areas.

Knowing the difficulty of forging a fake bird or specie, Tala took the initiative before the mission to do some research of her own, acquire copies of city birds, and do some slight edits that even commonfolk who probably lived here their whole lives may not have known. Even slight details to city birds was something usually not taken note of.

Gonna assume you guys mean to get a room in the Park Crescent building. Its literally bordering the park so it would have the best view possible.  So you rent out an apartment  room on the top story, facing the park.

Ed and Radio immediately avail themselves of a small but swanky bar they find on the ground floor.

Tala keeps an eye out for tails but sees none. She also retcons any questions from last turn. Wait what? Whats retcon? Whats a turn? This is war, not some sort of video game. Wait whats a video game?

"Heading over."

Go to where the guy is delivering newspapers, approach from behind.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You approach the van from behind and join up with Alice.

"Alright, I understand.  You can trust me, those 'birds' will be 'edited' better than you've ever seen anyone 'edit', guaranteed!  Just gotta find a good birdwatching perch, heheh."

Simon thinks Tala told him to set up his sniper rifle and get ready to shoot Nazis, so he's gonna head to an unpopulated rooftop that he can access, which overlooks one of the main roads that the mail would come in on.  If Alice radio'd in that she found a truck, he'll go for a place that overlooks her road.  Height is not important, it just needs to not have people up there already.

I can... uh, try?  As far as her action, she wants just keep watching for tails and paper drops, and have last turn's questions retconned so they were never asked; I.E. retcon it so Tala hasn't said anything to anyone, and therefore isn't blatantly undercover.

I'm gonna assume you set up on the roof of the park crescent building since thats a pretty good place.

"What, somebody's paying you to drop your waste paper off on the street? Take this crap to the dump, you idiot!"

I'm afraid that this fellow will have to explain exactly what he's doing and why before Alice the Cop will stop bothering him. Otherwise I'll just keep intentionally misunderstanding and claiming that he's dropping some sort of rubbish on the side of the street.
Basically, frustrate him into explaining himself. I'm more likely to get the info I want if I don't ask, but make giving it to me the path of least resistance.

The man tells you he was paid to pick up this stuff from a corner a few blocks away and deliver it here. Paid very well, he'll have you know. But if you don't want him to  put it here, he'll pack it up.

He leaves you with those choices, but you can tell that if you ask him to pack it up he'll just be back to drop it off later when you're not around.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 29, 2018, 09:48:19 am »

((I like how parentheses are respected and I get quipped by the GM but also having the actions happen :P Thanks Piece. You are silly.
Piece: Is Syvarris' character on the same building with us? I'm asking because there are two buildings along Park Crescent, and am always linking the map for people to check in my action post.))

Location: With Strider03/Bob, undercover as birdwatchers. On a building bordering Park Crescent Street.
Any notes on the situation in this area? Tala radioed over the handie-talkie to all other 888th personnel not with her at present, making sure to speak as if she was birdwatching, while staying with Bob on the roof. "I've got a lot of suspicions," she said to Simon and any other 888th personnel nearby, "but they're all founded on a hierarchy of order. Whoever we see dropping the papers are just pawns, paid or otherwise pulled into this. It'd take too long to slip into their ranks by rapport, I bet. Even simple compliments can get people talking; asking about the vehicles, logos, signs, symbols--anything that supports our image as cops (or whatever uniform we're in), and is innocuous enough to be asked normally.

"Anyway, time for me to begin sampling a bit of the local info."

Disguise, away! Go around the vicinity and check on the local papers being sold, seeing if there are any dropsites.

Tala noticed the Radioman in passing, and decided to ask him directly--as she was sure he had an...integrated handie-talkie, given that he still had that esoteric body paint all over his angular head. Hey Rad; I thought you were out visiting the local bars. How did they take to you?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:51:31 am by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 29, 2018, 09:49:43 am »

Rinse and repeat: start gathering information and clues in our own, oh-so inconspicuous way.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 228