Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467236 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1455 on: December 18, 2017, 12:59:59 am »

Take 2 magazines for the Luger (assuming there's enough left, if not I'll try to snatch 2 before anyone else can).

"Hey, you mind not hogging all the Luger ammunition?"

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 18, 2017, 07:59:40 pm »

"Yeah, sure. Don't know exactly what you need, but sure."
"More hands, and probably a guard--you're more useful elsewhere as we've got enemies on board, with your BAR. Another medic at least. If you can call on them and switch out, that'd be fine. But we're in the Mess Hall and any threat that comes to me is any threat to them, and anyone else in here."

"Oh, right. Forgot why I came here. Should be just a moment. I was gonna see if I could decode the weird static we're getting on the radios here."

Addendum to my action, test the noise in the static using the reel-to-reel recorder that Bob came here for.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1457 on: December 19, 2017, 09:22:15 am »

Team Nazi Hunt

"Now for the fun part."

Leave HQ area, look around for Nazis. Is lightning dude still up there? If so, shoot him. If he's not, sweep a perimeter around the ship, I want to find the big guy.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Loot a couple of nades, then go check out the bridge, all sneaky like.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You both search the ship, starting with the Bridge. [4] You don't even make it in before both of you stop. The door to the bridge is closed and you can see inside through the windows that there's some sort of briefcase sized black box sitting next to the door, with a metal line running from the door's edge to the box.

Team Bob (Formerly Team Tala, now it's just us two in the Mess Hall with the oven)

"I counted four. Four Nazis or bodies. Those not in our uniform anyway. Real glad to have mechanics and engineers around. I wonder where the other medics are, we need them here stat, unless anything else gets in the way," Tala said as she began to prepare the rest of everything needed. Hypothermia was something to note--that even with the strange shenanigans she only read in comics or other books that were very expensive to get--the exposure to a busted communications room, and thus exposure to the outside temperature drop and direct contact with ice would signify that at least. "I think it's best if you join the others. The Mess Hall is well guarded unless someone ingeniously punches the walls down for some reason-

"Hey Bob, can you help check over the bodyguard in the meantime? It'd help if he was taken care of, along any close examination signs."

"You're going to be alright, General. You and your man, the 888th are here for you,"
Tala said. She was of the belief that despite people being unconscious, they were still aware of their surroundings in a way, but just not able to respond.

Finally use that tinfoil and everything in the vicinity (and/or medic bags) to help stabilize, check up, and look after the General and his bodyguard. But that comes after getting extra medical supplies from the Mess Hall. (Even preparing some nice, warm, non-alcoholic beverages for later)
Other than the darn ovens at max, see if there are any heat packs, blankets, or otherwise that I can get up--knowing the anatomical regions for placement (eg neck, armpits, etc). Focus all on tending to the two of them and checking vital signs.

If Bob agrees--direct oversight into close, specific examination of symptoms via signs of injury and danger.

Am I in a relatively safe location? As in, this portion of the Mess Hall adjacent to any vital areas where we can be snuck up upon (or the walls broken down and us attacked?) Merely inquiring as there is only enough time to med-prep, as I presume.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
This location is as safe as you can get, for the moment.

You spend your time tending to both men; they've got symptoms of hypothermia and frostbite on their fingers and toes, but with the heat and the other care, they should be fine. Neither are awake yet; but that might take a while if you don't try to wake them up. Their bodies probably aren't in any hurry to get moving if they can rest.

After a while a man in a crewman's uniform wielding an SMG walks in and asks if there's anything you want the rest of the crew to do. He sees Bone and asks if he's gonna make it.

"Yeah, sure. Don't know exactly what you need, but sure."
"More hands, and probably a guard--you're more useful elsewhere as we've got enemies on board, with your BAR. Another medic at least. If you can call on them and switch out, that'd be fine. But we're in the Mess Hall and any threat that comes to me is any threat to them, and anyone else in here."

"Oh, right. Forgot why I came here. Should be just a moment. I was gonna see if I could decode the weird static we're getting on the radios here."

Addendum to my action, test the noise in the static using the reel-to-reel recorder that Bob came here for.

You get the reels for the last hour or so and start running through them. Sped up properly you can hear a distinct female voice in the static, very deep and with an odd manner of speaking. The first sound she makes is loud and then her voice drifts off and becomes quieter and quieter as the sentence continues. It runs in cycles like that, loud and then fading softer over and over.

The language isn't English. [1] Its clearly martian.

Go onto the deck and look for that giant lady. If I can't see her shoot my pistol at where I saw her head was supposed to be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You walk to the deck and fire your pistol into the storm clouds roughly where you think the woman's head was. Nothing spectacular happens.

"I'm going to try to get you out of there. Hang on, I'll see if I can find a cutting torch. Unless you want me to try a more ... brute force method? I think I still have some c4 around here somewhere ... Oh yeah, try not to trip any of my traps when I get you out, mkay? that'd be bad. At least it looks like the storm is letting up.

I wonder if the Nazis got what they came for?"

Ed will attempt to recall where on the ship he might find a cutting torch (and preferably a set of goggles), and he will go there to retrieve those items. If he happens past the kitchen, Ed will attempt to make a witty comment about high-ranking lunchmeat. He'll also ask around to see if anyone noticed any reason for the weird let-up in the storm.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
[1]
You search the ship for a while and finally find what you're looking for. You return to the door, cover your eyes, and turn the torch on.

It shines a light at the door, as flashlights are known to do.

Take an SMG and a luger along with four magazines of ammo for the smg and six magazines for the luger. Then go guard the Mess Hall.

Taken, guardan

After taking 4 grenades, a Luger, and three magazines for it, Charlie runs back to Ed. Seeing the door bent out of shape, Charlie uses his knowledge of mechanics to attempt to get the door open using a few well-placed shots from the pistol and prying using his entrenching tool. Charlie looks around to see if melted places in the floor, etc show where the monstrosity went.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

[1] Been a good day for rolls.

You point your pistol at the door and fire. Predictably,the rounds ricochet wildly around the room and one bounces straight back into your foot. You fall to the ground, screaming about a perfect plan.

Take 2 magazines for the Luger (assuming there's enough left, if not I'll try to snatch 2 before anyone else can).

"Hey, you mind not hogging all the Luger ammunition?"

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Taking.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1458 on: December 19, 2017, 09:23:56 am »

I'm going out of town on....the 20th. I'll be out for about...10 days or so. I don't know if I'll be able to post or when I'll be able to post. I'll try to hit you guys with turns when I can, but I'm just letting you guys know that it might be a while.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 19, 2017, 09:27:45 am »

How many, if any, nades did I manage to scrounge?

Unless Ed wants to try and disable the trap himself, try to gain access to the room in another way. Perhaps climb up that ladder again from before and try to smash/shoot my way through the window (or maybe through the already smashed one)? Unless that seems likely to set of the 'splosives, of course. Ed is on the case, so instead go scrounger for a cutting torch and reflect on that strange radio signal and what the lady was saying.

The radioman jogs of to go inform the resident trapmaster of what he saw.
"Sir, main entryway to the bridge is trapped. Some sort of explosive I assume, seems pretty sizable. I think we can circumvent it by going through the window though, or perhaps slice our way in from another angle. Would you like to take a look at it before I have a go at it myself?"

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:23:30 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 19, 2017, 09:51:04 am »

Tala would've jumped at the approach of another man--if she wasn't used to being surprised. She made a subtle movement with her weapon as she was unsure why anyone else would disturb her and Bob.

After a while a man in a crewman's uniform wielding an SMG walks in and asks if there's anything you want the rest of the crew to do. He sees Bone and asks if he's gonna make it.

As the situation was relaxed, she always kept her rifle at the ready in case anything abrupt would occur.

"They'll make it. Ensure we do too--expunge the Nazis, get to your post, make a headcount, alongside get a list of the ship's roster--we need names, identities, and otherwise. Please organize the people in the Mess Hall that way. Find the other crewmen and ascertain their identity. We have enough people in the Mess Hall to ensure the safety of all on board.

"Those are your orders. Please do not disturb us; they need quiet and peace, and thank you for your work,"
she said, nonchalantly sounding on edge at the idea of Nazis on an Allied ship, with all that had happened.

"Bob, any luck with the radio? If there's nothing clear--at least try to check for areas that are transmitting. Radios can do that, in the least with our medium and current condition," she says later on.

Continue tending to Bone and the bodyguard, keeping on edge and at the ready the use of her rifle in case any saboteur or spy (or even that guy with a nice SMG) points that at the wounded. Aim to maim, not to kill--for interrogation purposes if I have ever to shoot it. Even in close range, this would create some disorientation.

Also, thanks to Bob/Strider03's action, try to listen in and comprehend what's being said on radio.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:58:34 pm by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 19, 2017, 10:05:07 am »

... second flashlight get! How ... useful. I'm marking it in my inventory.

Ed will then go to the bridge, climb in through the broken window (the one the big guy smashed), and disarm the trap. Check for other traps before I blow myself to hell accidentally.

"Sir, main entryway to the bridge is trapped. Some sort of explosive I assume, seems pretty sizable. I think we can circumvent it by going through the window though, or perhaps slice our way in from another angle. Would you like to take a look at it before I have a go at it myself?"

"Well, yeah, that sounds good. I mean, not like my second flashlight here is helping me get these guys out.

Hey guys, I'll be back in a bit. hang tight, or try to get free if you can. To be honest, you are probably safer staying in there. But who wants to live forever, anyway?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1462 on: December 19, 2017, 04:05:45 pm »

Well, better fire a few more shots! Giant ghost ladies probably have a bit of an HP pool.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 19, 2017, 08:27:18 pm »

"Hey! Man! Before you go, name, rank, the whole shebang. We're in a situation here, so best to make sure everyone's accounted for." Bob called this out, waving his pistol in the man's general direction, safety on, and never pointed directly at the guy. Just the ground in front of him.

"Anyway, Tala, got some broad on here, not speaking English, maybe orders? Probably ain't French either. Wanna take a listen, and see if there's anything you recognize?"

Be ready to shoot the guy who wandered in. If Tala doesn't recognize the language here, Bob will try to determine areas that might be transmitting, as instructed.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 19, 2017, 10:58:01 pm »

"Anyway, Tala, got some broad on here, not speaking English, maybe orders? Probably ain't French either. Wanna take a listen, and see if there's anything you recognize?"
"Will do. Also call on an operator or anyone knowledgeable with it--even if we can't receive, we can track and check where the one transmitting is. I may be mistaken but I recall something like triangulation; I'm unsure what the term is but the memory was that one could orient themselves in the general direction of the source even if the signal isn't that well heard."

Action edited.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 20, 2017, 12:23:12 am »

Team Nazi Hunt

"If nobody objects, I'm going in through the windows."

Climb in through windows, giving the box a wide berth.
Go upstairs, gun at the ready. If I cannot go upstairs from the bridge, back away and keep searching.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 20, 2017, 05:01:45 pm »

Hmm.  Last I posted, Simon was following Ed around, guarding him.  It'd be reasonable to assume he kept following Ed... but I'm gonna go with the more amusing option and assume he drunkenly fell asleep somewhere along the way.

Dream.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 21, 2017, 10:29:28 am »

Charlie pathetically drops to the floor with a moan. EDIT(Already grounded): Stays on the ground, moaning "It hertz!" periodically.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:33:45 am by dustywayfarer »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 21, 2017, 07:07:50 pm »

Continue guarding Mess Hall unless asked by Tala or another teamate to help.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 22, 2017, 11:44:48 pm »

Make my way to the guy who shot himself in the foot. Heal said foot.

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 228