Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467126 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1440 on: December 14, 2017, 10:14:11 am »

Team Grenade Trap/Frozen Bones

While still keeping an eye out for any enemies, loot the Nazi's for a pistol and some ammo. Once looting in done, resume guarding area.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: December 14, 2017, 11:51:01 am »

((Sorry, guys, but I've lost the interest in this game. If Hans will miraculously survive all this time as an NPC, maybe I'll play as him when I'll have more interest and return to the game. Happy Nazi-hunting!))
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 15, 2017, 12:02:45 am »

Team Cavalry Crazies

Charlie loots the bodies, heading back towards Ed once done.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:04:42 am by dustywayfarer »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: December 15, 2017, 08:20:32 am »

"Think we could get them over there with a tarp or something on top of them? Might have not choice other than moving them, but we could keep em dry that way."

Bob also engages in pondering how they can get General Bone over safely to the mess hall, or how to insulate the room.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 16, 2017, 10:36:19 am »

"Think we could get them over there with a tarp or something on top of them? Might have not choice other than moving them, but we could keep em dry that way."
"I had that idea too; we have no other choice. We cannot insulate this fast enough, and create an antagonist to the temperature in turn, all the while we are in a strange storm with hostiles about--the HQ is our Mess Hall, and if this ship is lost, we are also going with it otherwise. We have to bring them to the Mess Hall. Can others please search outside for cover or anything to help? I'll be preparing them with Bob."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1445 on: December 16, 2017, 11:05:02 am »

((wow, I missed the turn. Oh well, looks like my actions still apply))

On sight of the charnel house, Ed pales a bit, gettign a little green around the gills. He inspects the burned footprints carefully for a moment, partly out of curiousity and fear, partly to keep his eyes off the bloodshed.
Communicate with the people inside the forward bunk room:
"How many are alive in there? what happened? Do your quarters have another entrance?"The aft quarters are death, but if the foreward quarters are not, I assume the crew can get out via a hatchway forward, and up the ladder there. From the few visits I've had to military vessels (floating museums) I believe that rooms tended to be open front and back for ease of travel. Ed listens to the crew, then orders them to arm up and join with the rest of the crew. "It's a fight for life and death, men.. But you shuold know that already. We're at war. Now, soldier up and get out there."

After the grenade goes off:
"God, I hope those were Nazis that triggered my trap and not our own."

when the storm threatens to capsize us:
"Damnit! We need control of this ship. we need to point it into the wind, rather than sideways of it! And get the lifeboats ready!"

Ed begins to think of ways to safely discharge lightning: A Faraday cage, grounding rods, knocking a bitch overboard so he discharges in the salt water, and begins preparing accordingly. Continue to rig traps (this time, fore of the crew quarters), but include a method of discharging electricity, as well.
On the way

"Radio! What's the status on that signal? Are you picking up anything - hey, nice graffiti, Nazi killer- are you picking up anything useful? Can you cancel their broaadcast? some kind of wave cancelling feedback?"
"Simon, if you see that big man that grabbed Radio, shoot him first. or ... well, if it looks hot enough to melt steel, shoot that first. You got me, Rummy?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You communicate with the men behind the door and find out several things. First that the door is very stuck and they can't open it. Second that while the room they're in does extend to another room, that other room is a bathroom and more berthing space without an exit out. Because that would have them exiting directly into the engine room.  Many of them are injured but many others are fine, just unable to get out. They tell you that something came down in the dark, all lit up by sparks,  and started tearing people apart. They didn't get a great look at it but it seemed to be a man. They fought it as best they could but ended up retreating and being trapped when it beat the door out of shape.

As per ways of discharging the lighting, the ship itself should work as a faraday cage as long as everyone is INSIDE of it. You rig a trap near the crew ladder.

Tala recalled a conundrum she had with Joan and a few other Filipino soldiers back in the day in medical training--the issue with resources, and reality; if you should pool them to save one fellow, or spread them out to try and save more. That aside, she recalled a lot more than that when she examined the situation: either find a way to get the General and his cohort back to the Mess Hall (which meant going through at least a Signal 3 storm weather...if her own experiences weren't as biased like being hit by a fire hose. If anything, she wondered how the ship even lost itself in this bad a storm, unless it was completely artificial which she suspected it was.

Otherwise, she remembered that to help hypothermia survivors, there was the importance of "gradualness". Just as the body adjusted negatively to its surroundings, so too does it recover in turn.

"Great find Bob. They're alive, but our priority is getting them to a safe place--gradual heat, and a stable temperature. Two choices: Stay here and improvise, insulate, and fortify this room, or bring them to the Mess Hall, making sure that both the carrying device is stable, and that they get adequate cover from the weather. That latter bit is the clincher: We're in a signal three hailstorm. So it's just like I'm back home, but on a nice ship and with friends. And hail. Never had hail, ever. Now all I need to experience is snow, and then I'm all set in wondering how the west feels like."

GENERAL ACTION: Think of a way to best aid the General and the bodyguard, then act on it. Knowledge/Med Training roll, go! (Edit): For carrying them safely to the Mess Hall!

[Is the comms room fully enclosed? If it is merely freezing, that can be fixed if...we improvise insulation and a heat source, also depending if the room is small enough. But improvisation and getting help by teammates is crucial in the time that's ticking away to prevent further damage.]

Direct everyone else with me, to help me get the General and the bodyguard back to the Mess Hall. Improvise cover, and a method to carry them back. (Hopefully Med. Training roll)

Details anyway for processing: Items for improvisation include spare clothing from others, figuring for proximity and the environment. Priority is getting them to the Mess Hall, and providing them cover from getting hit by hail (so directing via getting people in a combined arm carry, alongside wrapping our jackets or other ways of cover is a way of transport). Use our knit caps in our inventory, as a start. In general, for those who aren't posting--order them to help me act more by doing all these stuff. (with one or two providing overwatch, who are pretty much the NPCs or those with suitable weapons or weapon skills [eg Manning the emplacements nearby)

Also don't use the tinfoil for wrapping the General and his bodyguard in, even if I roll a hidden 1. Thanks :P
But if there is any use for it, use it properly.

If the storm slowed down and is less ferocious, Tala says the following.
"Now that the storm is better, our chances have improved considerably in getting these two alive. Try searching the other one; we can honor the dead later, but we should save the living," she said morosely.

((Fun stuff, I didn't know my city was the top wettest storms))
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Bob also engages in pondering how they can get General Bone over safely to the mess hall, or how to insulate the room.

[6]
You immediately use clothing and bags to form a make shift stretcher, plop Bone and his body guard atop it, and then cover them in any spare clothing remaining. You then take up position at one end and get Robert to take the other. And then you begin a mad dash across the deck, shoving your way past the nazi corpses and their looters, avoiding the trap Ed set near the doorway down to HQ and then barreling into HQ and putting the two men beside an oven. You Strip them of their wet clothing, replace it with a heap of towels and table settings you find in the kitchen, and then turn the oven on full blast with the door open.

All in all, it works pretty well you think.

"Radio! What's the status on that signal? Are you picking up anything - hey, nice graffiti, Nazi killer- are you picking up anything useful? Can you cancel their broaadcast? some kind of wave cancelling feedback?"

"Still picking up that woman talking in her weird language, sir. Been running interference best I can since then, but unsure if it's doing much of anything."

Momentarily stop with the interference and listen if the broadcast is still ongoing. Does anything change when I stop pumping decibels over the Nazi airwaves?

Try to locate the source of the signal best I can.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You listen and find the airwaves strangely quiet. There's a bit of static from the storm but not that constant interference that there once was.

Forget that I don't have hands. Poke the lady.

You reach out towards the woman with your non-hands, only to suddenly jerk awake in agony. Someone as just stomped on your stomach as they ran past towards the kitchen.

Spoiler: Booker Lee (click to show/hide)
Welcome aboard.  You know whats going on?

Inspect the exploded area. Do I think the entire explosion was from the trap, or does it seem like the trap may have triggered a bigger explosion?

Also, see if I can't find a pistol and some ammo on one of the bodies.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
[2] Its very hard to tell. It might have been the grenade alone.

You get a Luger and 2 magazines from one of the bodies. It has a big scratch where it was hit by shrapnel, but seems functional.

Team Grenade Trap

"Someone should shoot that guy way up there."

Drag Nazi bodies belowdeck for loot safekeeping. Also for things like code books. Knife any alive Nazis.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You wait for everyone to finish looting the corpses and then drag them near the HQ. You check them for codebooks but find nothing. You do, however, find more of those strange medallions.

Team Cavalry Crazies

Charlie loots the bodies, heading back towards Ed once done.

Team Grenade Trap/Frozen Bones

While still keeping an eye out for any enemies, loot the Nazi's for a pistol and some ammo. Once looting in done, resume guarding area.

Ok there are 5 bodies, each contains 1 smg and 3 magazines for it, 1 luger and 2 magazines for that in terms of weapons. They also contain 2 grenades each.  Take what you want.

The storm quiets even more, the hail completely vanishing and the rain becoming a dull roar against the metal as opposed to a scouring downpour.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 16, 2017, 11:28:46 am »

Team Nazi Hunt

"Now for the fun part."

Leave HQ area, look around for Nazis. Is lightning dude still up there? If so, shoot him. If he's not, sweep a perimeter around the ship, I want to find the big guy.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:47:37 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 16, 2017, 12:43:06 pm »

Loot a couple of nades, then go check out the bridge, all sneaky like.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:15:04 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 16, 2017, 02:05:44 pm »

Team Bob (Formerly Team Tala, now it's just us two in the Mess Hall with the oven)

"I counted four. Four Nazis or bodies. Those not in our uniform anyway. Real glad to have mechanics and engineers around. I wonder where the other medics are, we need them here stat, unless anything else gets in the way," Tala said as she began to prepare the rest of everything needed. Hypothermia was something to note--that even with the strange shenanigans she only read in comics or other books that were very expensive to get--the exposure to a busted communications room, and thus exposure to the outside temperature drop and direct contact with ice would signify that at least. "I think it's best if you join the others. The Mess Hall is well guarded unless someone ingeniously punches the walls down for some reason-

"Hey Bob, can you help check over the bodyguard in the meantime? It'd help if he was taken care of, along any close examination signs."

"You're going to be alright, General. You and your man, the 888th are here for you,"
Tala said. She was of the belief that despite people being unconscious, they were still aware of their surroundings in a way, but just not able to respond.

Finally use that tinfoil and everything in the vicinity (and/or medic bags) to help stabilize, check up, and look after the General and his bodyguard. But that comes after getting extra medical supplies from the Mess Hall. (Even preparing some nice, warm, non-alcoholic beverages for later)
Other than the darn ovens at max, see if there are any heat packs, blankets, or otherwise that I can get up--knowing the anatomical regions for placement (eg neck, armpits, etc). Focus all on tending to the two of them and checking vital signs.

If Bob agrees--direct oversight into close, specific examination of symptoms via signs of injury and danger.

Am I in a relatively safe location? As in, this portion of the Mess Hall adjacent to any vital areas where we can be snuck up upon (or the walls broken down and us attacked?) Merely inquiring as there is only enough time to med-prep, as I presume.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:39:25 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1449 on: December 16, 2017, 04:58:55 pm »

Go onto the deck and look for that giant lady. If I can't see her shoot my pistol at where I saw her head was supposed to be.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: December 16, 2017, 06:29:32 pm »

"I'm going to try to get you out of there. Hang on, I'll see if I can find a cutting torch. Unless you want me to try a more ... brute force method? I think I still have some c4 around here somewhere ... Oh yeah, try not to trip any of my traps when I get you out, mkay? that'd be bad. At least it looks like the storm is letting up.

I wonder if the Nazis got what they came for?"

Ed will attempt to recall where on the ship he might find a cutting torch (and preferably a set of goggles), and he will go there to retrieve those items. If he happens past the kitchen, Ed will attempt to make a witty comment about high-ranking lunchmeat. He'll also ask around to see if anyone noticed any reason for the weird let-up in the storm.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 16, 2017, 08:51:34 pm »

Take an SMG and a luger along with four magazines of ammo for the smg and six magazines for the luger. Then go guard the Mess Hall.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 16, 2017, 11:17:33 pm »

After taking 4 grenades, a Luger, and three magazines for it, Charlie runs back to Ed. Seeing the door bent out of shape, Charlie uses his knowledge of mechanics to attempt to get the door open using a few well-placed shots from the pistol and prying using his entrenching tool. Charlie looks around to see if melted places in the floor, etc show where the monstrosity went.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 17, 2017, 07:49:19 am »

"Yeah, sure. Don't know exactly what you need, but sure."

Bob will follow Tala's instructions on what to do with the bodyguard, presuming that's what's being asked?

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 17, 2017, 09:53:23 pm »

"Yeah, sure. Don't know exactly what you need, but sure."
"More hands, and probably a guard--you're more useful elsewhere as we've got enemies on board, with your BAR. Another medic at least. If you can call on them and switch out, that'd be fine. But we're in the Mess Hall and any threat that comes to me is any threat to them, and anyone else in here."
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 228